Rooney accepts charge but not ban

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 139
  • Views Views 7K
Said like a true City Fan, Either Biased or Naive.

Is there something you didn't understand? You are biased if you think Rooney shouldn't get a ban after elbowing a wigan player and then swearing straight at the camera.

Is there something you didn't understand? You are biased if you think Rooney shouldn't get a ban after elbowing a wigan player and then swearing straight at the camera.

You raise a good point, Rooney did have a ban comming. Hes attitude has been shocking of late.

And your stupid if you cant see that the Swearing is no different to million of others case got un punished... I mentioned Micah Richards earlier as a similar case, but i doubt you even knew City was a club then.

And who mentioned the Elbow, that was a seperate issue completely. There is a thread for that if you search....

EDit to madridsta, not scott

stay off the thread, if you just gonna post stuff like this, you started this attitude last night. last warning

Different events. And if the elbow was a contributing factor, then its against the FA rules. So even more reason Rooney shouldn't be banned for swearing.
But either way, United will still win against Man City without Rooney. So don't cry pls

Last edited:
and scott dont rise to it, not having this thread ruined with arguments. will remove both of you if necessary

and scott dont rise to it, not having this thread ruined with arguments. will remove both of you if necessary

It is alright Mike. If he posts again, i am going to go VM. and show him how clueless he is there..

And your stupid if you cant see that the Swearing is no different to million of others case got un punished... I mentioned Micah Richards earlier as a similar case, but i dont you even knew City was a club then.

And who mentioned the Elbow, that was a seperate issue completely. There is a thread for that if you search....

So when i have a point you change the subject and say that im Off-topic.

But im not going to discuss this anymore. I dont care if Rooney would have played against us in the cup or not. Just nice to see that FA stays behind their decision.

When Rooney raised his hand and had one finger up when he scored against Chelsea yesterday. I already thought it was a sign that he will only get an 1-match ban lol.

Last edited:
Lets look at the plus side, although I agree that the two game ban is harsh, I believe this could work in our favour. Missing the game on Satuday, no disrespect to Fulham but we should win with or without Rooney, besides it will give Berbatov who seems like he has a point too prove to try and get himself back in the starting 11. The FA Cup semi will be a tougher game naturally but again we can win without wayne. All in all it means Rooney will play one game (against Chelsea) in two weeks to the build up for the game against Arsenal which I believe will be the game that near enough wins the title for us. Rooney will be fresh with a thought in his mind to make up for lost time. So I thank you FA, these sort of decisions against United just makes us pull together and makes us stronger.

And Wayne was said with an over pouring off emotion after a torrid time straight after he had scored a crucial goal for himself and his team..... It was also said with very litlle Malace and it wasnt directly at anyone in particular, i bet it wasnt even planned, just an adrenaline rush...

I'm sure I heard he said it was aimed at the West Ham fans because of the abuse he was getting? But if that's the case why didn't he run up to the West Ham fans and let off his steam at instead of to the people watching at home?

I'm sure I heard he said it was aimed at the West Ham fans because of the abuse he was getting? But if that's the case why didn't he run up to the West Ham fans and let off his steam at instead of to the people watching at home?

Because he was about to do so. But the Camera decided to get in his face ;)

Because he was about to do so. But the Camera decided to get in his face ;)

Forgive me my curiousity. But do you know Rooney personally? Did he say that to you? Or to the papers or something?

I mean...Rooney is pretty fast and agile even if he is a bit fat. Dribbling past the camera man would not be a problem for him.

But..i agree that the camera man came pretty close to him. But i dont understand why he blasted it to the people watching the game on TV.

Last edited:
Rooney shouldn't have been banned for this, but the FA have been looking for something to get him on since the elbow so this was bound to happen.

We've just got to wait for something else like this to happen to see if the FA actually has any balls. Rooney now gets a rest vs Fulham at OT, which will allow Berbatov back to his excellent stomping ground to stamp some more goals onto his tally and then give him the confidence for Wembley vs City before Wayne does what he normally does against Newcastle and Arsenal :)

I swear, some of the garbage on other forums is enough to make me weep. For example:

Wayne Rooney like Ashley Cole and John Terry, represent England. And they are animals. Absolute vermin. Foul amoral creatures

Never mind the swearing Rooney should be banned for being the mother of all arsholes...

Well done FA!!! Foul-mouthed-potato-headed -would-be-ASBO-holder- if-hadn't-made-the-grade deserves everything he gets. Apart from the dosh and the flashes of talent who'd want their kid to grow up as the next Rooney. Thank god for some levels of common sense on here

A fantastic role model for young people. If you earn enough money you are allowed to behave like a THUG!.

He was a THUG, he is a THUG, he will always be a THUG!

Makes me think that the posters of the above from the forum are the sort who shout the bile at Wayne and other players. At least there's some level of common sense on here.

Ridiculous decision to ban Rooney but not surprising they ban was upheld. The FA would have been left a little red faced if the ban had been rescinded

I'm not actually too worried about this ban. I in fact feel that this could end up being to United's advantage. He will miss the Fulham game, keeping him fresh for the hosting of Chelsea, where he will now be even more fired up and help send us on our way to Champions League glory (always the optimist :D).

I also feel we can come away with a victory against the City without him and this will help keep him fresh for the important trip to Newcastle which I feel will be a tricky trip. This game is just as important as the West Ham game. If we can get victories in the Newcastle trip and the Everton game before we face Arsenal, I think we will have the title in the bag as even if we end up losing both the Arsenal and Chelsea games (which I doubt both will happen anyway), getting the 6 points out of Newcastle and Everton will be too big a gap. Both Arsenal and Chelsea are dropping points at will against lower teams at the moment and this will continue with the rest of the season. Almost leaving the games the games vs them pointless if we win all our other games.

So thank you once again to the FA for trying to screw over the mighty Devils and have it backfire spectacularly! XD

I must admit that i am quite surprised by people asking for someone to be banned for swearing.

I suppose it is because different mentalities between you people and us.

No one hear Phil Mickelson in the masters last night? He sliced a shot and whilst stood right next to the camera he shouted; "****.. ****!!" Loud n' clear. He won't get a fine off the PGA, which is supposed to be a gracious sport and watched by millions worldwide.

Is this from Wayne Mouth or did you get this from the Sun..?

Forgive me my curiousity. But do you know Rooney personally? Did he say that to you? Or to the papers or something?

I mean...Rooney is pretty fast and agile even if he is a bit fat. Dribbling past the camera man would not be a problem for him.

But..i agree that the camera man came pretty close to him. But i dont understand why he blasted it to the people watching the game on TV.

No, Sky have said they put there cameras based on previous penalty celebration from Wayne, SO he didnt go out looking for a camera, it was placed there to catch him out.

Back