Rooney accepts charge but not ban

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 139
  • Views Views 7K
People need to get real here. Ok then fine him how the **** is that going to effect him and will he learn from that?? Ok say they just fine him somthing like 10k, he proberly keeps that in his glove compartment in his car. Will he learn from just a fine no of corse we wont, he needs a ban but only a 1 game ban in my opinion.

Thing is he apologised and already knows what he did was wrong and will learn from it. A fine is all is needed so there is an official punishment. 2 match ban is just being padantic

So banning him for 2 games will stop him from using F word? **** no.
2 games ban is very harsh and just pathetic. Even a single game ban is. Fine would do..

I said a 1 game ban. There is a difference from swearing on the football pitch and swearing right down a camera lens.

Thing is he apologised and already knows what he did was wrong and will learn from it. A fine is all is needed so there is an official punishment. 2 match ban is just being padantic

exactly its not like he was unrepentant, he very quickly apologised

You really think he apologised?? Did you hear the statement? This was not Rooney talking and its not just Rooney im having a go at here because every footballer should apologise in person infront of a TV camera other wise whats the point. That statement was written by the busy bodies at Utd and every club has them. Rooney wont even notice a fine thats my point, the thing that hurts footballers is missing games.

It is pathetic at the end of the day, been blown out of proportion due to it being a certain WAYNE ROONEY, maybe the FA should take into consideration the emotion of the game.
We moan when english players dont 'show' passion but when they do we ban and fine them :|

he should be banned till august ;)

joking 1 match ban seems fair enough

I said a 1 game ban. There is a difference from swearing on the football pitch and swearing right down a camera lens.

Jak answered it better.

FA are just morons if they think kids are influenced by some random footballer swearing which noone even noticed when aired for the first time. They go the grounds and hear abuses thrown at players non stop for 90 mins.

Obviously the FA think there's a difference when swearing at a camera when he plays for England...

You really think he apologised?? Did you hear the statement? This was not Rooney talking and its not just Rooney im having a go at here because every footballer should apologise in person infront of a TV camera other wise whats the point. That statement was written by the busy bodies at Utd and every club has them. Rooney wont even notice a fine thats my point, the thing that hurts footballers is missing games.

funny how you have no proof of that whatsoever.... point is a statement from rooney was immediate sent out, players dont just get wheeled in front of the press at a whim these days. seems you just want to get at rooney rather than actual get at the issue. hefty fine, and large suspended ban would have beenperfect

Jak answered it better.

FA are just morons if they think kids are influenced by some random footballer swearing which noone even noticed when aired for the first time. They go the grounds and hear abuses thrown at players non stop for 90 mins.

Difference is Rooney is seen as a role model to kids and the kids will copy what their role models do. Deep down if Rooney was a good parent he will know what he dont was wrong. He must know if Kai was older and saw him doing things like that then its not sending out a good message.

Difference is Rooney is seen as a role model to kids and the kids will copy what their role models do. Deep down if Rooney was a good parent he will know what he dont was wrong. He must know if Kai was older and saw him doing things like that then its not sending out a good message.

Rooney is not a role model. It is not his mistake if people see him as role model. A granny ******* who cheated on his wife can never be a role model.

Rooney knows what he did was mistake so only he apologized.

it seems to me that you have a problem with Wayne himself and not about this incident. who are you too firstly question the bloke fatherhood? he sore, he shouldn't of done, he knows it but people like you want to see him left out to dry because of it. pathetic to be honest.

funny how you have no proof of that whatsoever.... point is a statement from rooney was immediate sent out, players dont just get wheeled in front of the press at a whim these days. seems you just want to get at rooney rather than actual get at the issue. hefty fine, and large suspended ban would have beenperfect

Im getting at Rooney because this incident involves Rooney! I said in my previous post every player who has to make an apology should do it infront of a camera not just some pa writting it for him.

Indeed. I am sure a kid will never, ever accidentally hear their parent swear from a young age.

Paul Robinson summed that flawed argument up on MOTD 2, when he talked about HIM teaching his kids whats right and wrong,and also the kind of atmosphere in any stadium. Its a weak argument on the role model front

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Im getting at Rooney because this incident involves Rooney! I said in my previous post every player who has to make an apology should do it infront of a camera not just some pa writting it for him.

No player is ever wheeled out in front of the media like that. Lets work off of what actually happens

Rooney is not a role model. It is not his mistake if people see him as role model. A granny ******* who cheated on his wife can never be a role model.

Rooney knows what he did was mistake so only he apologized.

No matter what happens Rooney is a role model to children and he knows that.

it seems to me that you have a problem with Wayne himself and not about this incident. who are you too firstly question the bloke fatherhood? he sore, he shouldn't of done, he knows it but people like you want to see him left out to dry because of it. pathetic to be honest.

You dont know me at all if you think my problem is with Rooney. Like i say im of a very small monority that puts country before club. Im talking about Rooney because im pretty sure this situation includes Rooney dosen't it?? I never questioned his parenting ability at all i said he will know deep down if he is a good parent that what he did was wrong.

£500,000 to charity and a warning that he'll get banned if he does it again. Job done.

Paul Robinson summed that flawed argument up on MOTD 2, when he talked about HIM teaching his kids whats right and wrong,and also the kind of atmosphere in any stadium. Its a weak argument on the role model front

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

No player is ever wheeled out in front of the media like that. Lets work off of what actually happens

Yer and i agree the role model point is flawed because its all down to the parents to teach their kids whats right and wrong but he is still a role model never the less.

No matter what happens Rooney is a role model to children and he knows that.

You dont know me at all if you think my problem is with Rooney. Like i say im of a very small monority that puts country before club. Im talking about Rooney because im pretty sure this situation includes Rooney dosen't it?? I never questioned his parenting ability at all i said he will know deep down if he is a good parent that what he did was wrong.

he knows what he did wrong hense the apology he released straight after the match.

£500,000 to charity and a warning that he'll get banned if he does it again. Job done.

exactly, instead of a warning i'd have given him a suspended 3 game ban though, so he is instantly hit with maximum punishment if caught again

Back