Rooney accepts charge but not ban

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 139
  • Views Views 7K
I never saw the Terry incident but because of that im assuming he didnt swear directly at the camera? That is the huge difference here. You are not going to take the swearing out of football on the field simple as that but how can you not see the difference from what Rooney done.

I never saw the Terry incident but because of that im assuming he didnt swear directly at the camera? That is the huge difference here. You are not going to take the swearing out of football on the field simple as that but how can you not see the difference from what Rooney done.

not its not. there is no rule to do with the camera, they merely used the fact that was caught on camera to punish him. the two instances are in fact very similar under their rules, in fact terrys would be worse because he is actually abusing the ref, which is an offence in its own right. You cannot condemn rooney, yet defend terry.

Last edited:
swearing is swearing end off, i was offended to hear Mr Terry language last night and there for I believe a review/charge/ban is needed.

Swore while the camera was on him. He should of known the camera would be on him. No excuse why he should swear. He also has less motivation to swear. Should be banned for 3 games.
And Rooney's swearing was on the field. The only difference is that Rooney just scored a goal and the cameramen decided to rush up to Rooney and shove camera in his face.

not its not. there is no rule to do with the camera, they merely used the fact that was caught on camera to punish him. the two instances are in fact very similar under their rules, in fact terrys would be worse because he is actually abusing the ref, which is an offence in its own right. You cannot condemn rooney, yet defend terry.

How did i defend Terry?? I said i didnt see the incident. If you say Terry swore at the ref then yer he should be punished if it happend.

Why not get rid of touchline mic's then? They add little merit imo. Then all the people worldwide who are grossly offended by someone who lets off steam, after getting **** loads of vile abuse of moronic fans, and gets extremely hyped after getting a hat-trick, won't be upset by language which they pretty much hear on the streets on a daily basis. And don't let cameras on the field of play when the match is still being played

you tried to mitigate his stance by saying it wasnt into the camera and therefore a huge difference, in fact there is no difference here.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Why not get rid of touchline mic's then? They add little merit imo. Then all the people worldwide who are grossly offended by someone who lets off steam, after getting **** loads of vile abuse of moronic fans, and gets extremely hyped after getting a hat-trick, won't be upset by language which they pretty much hear on the streets on a daily basis.

agreed, why else are touchline mics there but to catch what they say?

you tried to mitigate his stance by saying it wasnt into the camera and therefore a huge difference, in fact there is no difference here.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

agreed, why else are touchline mics there but to catch what they say?

I said i didnt see the incident so had no idea what people were talking about lol. Is this the old your so bias **** again.

I said i didnt see the incident so had no idea what people were talking about lol. Is this the old your so bias **** again.

where have i said your bias, im saying that you cant say there is a huge difference between the two, thats all

Carl i know i told you, you where slacking on the trolling, but this is just desperate now dude.

whether you sore it or not, it happened not only once but twice... once in the first half when Terry thought he had played the ball out for a throw in off Valencia but United got the throw-in the word "******* ****" was clearly heard. the second time was after the penalties where waved away and again the word "****" was just about heard and defo seen... will action be taken? i doubt it..

Carl i know i told you, you where slacking on the trolling, but this is just desperate now dude.

I dont even know anything about the Terry situation but like i said if he swore at the ref like people are suggesting then he deserves to be punished.

whether you sore it or not, it happened not only once but twice... once in the first half when Terry thought he had played the ball out for a throw in off Valencia but United got the throw-in the word "******* ****" was clearly heard. the second time was after the penalties where waved away and again the word "****" was just about heard and defo seen... will action be taken? i doubt it..

Pretty much thats it. f*** off ref was clearly heard aswell

I dout it because its Uefa not the FA.

Good to see FA showed some balls. Hopefully Shrek will learn from this..and if not...future bans please.

He deserved this ban..end off.

I will admit i liked the Utd banner last night. "Utd and City, joined by Geograpthy, divided by success".

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

even if it was the FA, they wouldn't have done nothing I can garuntee it.

But thats all down to the ref not the FA or Uefa. If the ref complains about it in his notes then they will take action.

Back