Rooney accepts charge but not ban

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 139
  • Views Views 7K
Rooney:

"I am gutted to miss two matches, one of which is an FA Cup semi-final at Wembley,"

"I am not the first player to have sworn on TV and I won't be the last.

"Unlike others who have been caught swearing on camera, I apologised immediately. And yet I am the only person banned for swearing. That doesn't seem right. "

"Whatever, I have to accept that what's happened has happened and move on from here. That is what I intend to do."

United:

"Manchester United is clearly very disappointed with the decision,"

"The club put forward a very strong case to have the punishment reduced, which was unsuccessful.

"Wayne apologised immediately after the match and the club now wishes to move to on to what hopefully will be a very exciting conclusion to the season."

But was it actually so strong or offensive that what he said (I don't know what it was)?

Because to punish somebody for swearing sounds a bit ridiculous to me (maybe in UK you people are different of us regarding this topic).

But was it actually so strong or offensive that what he said (I don't know what it was)?

Because to punish somebody for swearing sounds a bit ridiculous to me (maybe in UK you people are different of us regarding this topic).
"******* what?
What?
**** off."
That's what it sounded like to me.

His ban should be extended for speaking out against it... *cough*

How many tennis players get banned for swearing? See it all the time, and nothing happens to my knowledge.
FA...go to ****

I feel sorry for Arsenal as they will be facing a fresh Wayne Rooney on form and with a point to prove.

I feel sorry for Arsenal as they will be facing a fresh Wayne Rooney on form and with a point to prove.

I feel sorry not just for Wayne, but footballers in general. And some the bollocks that are printed in the press from readers are so garbage its unreal. Saying he should be banned for the season, saying he is a thug and blah blah blah. I'm sorry, but if I had a large number of fans, who have been given the right to do so, slagging off my parents, my wife, my children, my lifestyle I would tell them to **** off to be honest. What people don't always realise is, yes they get payed large amounts of money, but the aforementioned insults will hurt you personally-money cannot protect you from that. They are human beings and they DO have feelings. Why should fans not expect to be told to **** off, when they've been spouting much more vile abuse to Wayne-in some cases in front of their kids. Yeah right-a prime example of great parenting you absolute moron. How can the FA expect a player who is abused for 90 mins in the most vile way, not to respond? It's absolute bull. And it's infuriating

A decision i agree with for once FA. Hopefully its a start of an end to one of the problems in football. Many more to go though.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Rooney:

"I am gutted to miss two matches, one of which is an FA Cup semi-final at Wembley,"

"I am not the first player to have sworn on TV and I won't be the last.

"Unlike others who have been caught swearing on camera, I apologised immediately. And yet I am the only person banned for swearing. That doesn't seem right. "

"Whatever, I have to accept that what's happened has happened and move on from here. That is what I intend to do."

United:

"Manchester United is clearly very disappointed with the decision,"

"The club put forward a very strong case to have the punishment reduced, which was unsuccessful.

"Wayne apologised immediately after the match and the club now wishes to move to on to what hopefully will be a very exciting conclusion to the season."

Who else has been caught on camera swearing and hasent apologised?? Now you can tell this is a statement actually from Rooney unlike the apology.

A decision i agree with for once FA. Hopefully its a start of an end to one of the problems in football. Many more to go though.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Who else has been caught on camera swearing and hasent apologised?? Now you can tell this is a statement actually from Rooney unlike the apology.

I seriously doubt the next person caught swearing during a football match will be charged and banned, in fact I will put money on it.

The FA in my opinion have helped United though because this isn't the first time we have had a player etc banned at a crucial time but it just spurs us on and makes us stronger, also when Rooney returns he will be on a mission to make up for lost time starting with Arsenal so thank you FA.

Micah Richards swore in an interview live on sky after he scored a winner a few years back, nothing happened.

Micah Richards swore in an interview live on sky after he scored a winner a few years back, nothing happened.

Oh come on their was a huge difference and you know it. That was massivly un-intentional and it wasent said with malace was it. Stop messing about here lol their is a huge huge difference. Il'l let people be the judge here and ill post Richards incident.
YouTube - Micah Richards Interview Blooper

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

I seriously doubt the next person caught swearing during a football match will be charged and banned, in fact I will put money on it.

The FA in my opinion have helped United though because this isn't the first time we have had a player etc banned at a crucial time but it just spurs us on and makes us stronger, also when Rooney returns he will be on a mission to make up for lost time starting with Arsenal so thank you FA.

What do you base this on exacly?? You cant say they wont do nothing next time until their is a next time and now players know they will get a ban im sure knowone will be stupid enough to do it.

Oh come on their was a huge difference and you know it. That was massivly un-intentional and it wasent said with malace was it. Stop messing about here lol their is a huge huge difference. Il'l let people be the judge here and ill post Richards incident.

And Wayne was said with an over pouring off emotion after a torrid time straight after he had scored a crucial goal for himself and his team..... It was also said with very litlle Malace and it wasnt directly at anyone in particular, i bet it wasnt even planned, just an adrenaline rush...

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

What do you base this on exacly?? You cant say they wont do nothing next time until their is a next time and now players know they will get a ban im sure knowone will be stupid enough to do it.

because the FA have gave themselves a big problem from now on. how do they now determind the use of swearing? is every player that is heard swearing on tv going to get charged because I heard a rather naughty word come from John Terrys mouth last night I was rather offended by but I don't suppose he'll get charged/banned. The FA now have to release a statement making it clear as too why Rooney has been singled out and what it will take for players to get charged in the furture.

And Wayne was said with an over pouring off emotion after a torrid time straight after he had scored a crucial goal for himself and his team..... It was also said with very litlle Malace and it wasnt directly at anyone in particular, i bet it wasnt even planned, just an adrenaline rush...

But he has form if you remember. At the WC against Algeria, yes he didnt swear but still made his point. And if i remember rightly in the league game at Stamford Bridge last season he said 12men to the camera as he walked off the pitch. So its not the first time he has done somthing stupid infront of a camera. And Rooney had no right to be angry i dont understand it lol. If i had just scored a goal that basicly won my team the title and i had been slated the whole game by fans then i would have just ran past the West Ham fans celebrating infront of them. Lets be honest their is nothing fans hate more than the opposition players running celebrating infront of them.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

because the FA have gave themselves a big problem from now on. how do they now determind the use of swearing? is every player that is heard swearing on tv going to get charged because I heard a rather naughty word come from John Terrys mouth last night I was rather offended by but I don't suppose he'll get charged/banned. The FA now have to release a statement making it clear as too why Rooney has been singled out and what it will take for players to get charged in the furture.

The difference is Terry was on the field of play and the camera seeked him out. Rooney was right infront of the camera and knew he was swearing directly into it.

But he has form if you remember. At the WC against Algeria, yes he didnt swear but still made his point. And if i remember rightly in the league game at Stamford Bridge last season he said 12men to the camera as he walked off the pitch. So its not the first time he has done somthing stupid infront of a camera. And Rooney had no right to be angry i dont understand it lol. If i had just scored a goal that basicly won my team the title and i had been slated the whole game by fans then i would have just ran past the West Ham fans celebrating infront of them. Lets be honest their is nothing fans hate more than the opposition players running celebrating infront of them.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

The difference is Terry was on the field of play and the camera seeked him out. Rooney was right infront of the camera and knew he was swearing directly into it.

complete and utter bollocks, Rooney was on the field of play and the camera seeked him out and got right in Rooneys face. thats the problem i now see the FA having (granted it was a match under UEFA ruling) but where do the FA draw a line under whether players get banned for swearing or not?

So how come Terry isn't being done for abusing the ref then?

btw I'm not singling out Terry for stick as obviously i'm a neutral here. But it just highlights the ridiculousness of the inconsistency of the rules

Okay You make a few point there. At the World Cup wayne said something Stupid and Silly but never anything wrong. He should never of said it, but he was right to say it.

Again at Stamford bridge he said a a stupid thing, but it was just a comment he made... Take from it what you will.

He wasnt angry, maybe it was just emotional pouring out, Slap on the wrist at best.

You say the Camera looks out for Terry as well, but if Sky want to put there camera so close to players, literally on the pitch, they cant expect this not to happen.

So how come Terry isn't being done for abusing the ref then?

btw I'm not singling out Terry for stick as obviously i'm a neutral here. But it just highlights the ridiculousness of the inconsistency of the rules

because it's UEFA I suppose and not the FA.

wrong, the camera was actually moved into position based on where rooney goes from pens, sky actually said this recently. Terry should have been picked up on it too

so what we can gather is, swear and you'll get a two game ban, smash your elbow into the head of an opponent, and you'll be let off. The FA are utterly useless. And was Redknapp done for his f-bomb tirade on tv?

Back