• Thread starter Thread starter fm1063
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 334
  • Views Views 17K

Should Rooney Receive a Punishment?

• Total voters

fm1063

Reaction score
Manchester United's Wayne Rooney is awaiting news on whether he will be punished by the Football Association for swearing in the win at West Ham.

Rooney swore into a television camera after his third goal in the 4-2 win.
FA director Sir Trevor Brooking told BBC Radio 5 live's Sportsweek: "There will be a decision [on Monday]. It is something we will have to look at."

To be honest i think this is stupid because everyone gets excited when playing football and especially when you score a hat-trick. Also he apologised so i don't think he should get punished.

BBC Sport: Full Story

Sky Sports News: Full Story

Last edited:
it's crazy simple as that. there are several incidents over the weekend more worthy to review than a passionate bloke who had been givin abuse all game and for a number of months now. pathetic from the FA, proves they have nothing better to do to be honest.

He should get a small slap on the wrists, maybe a small fine and then move on. Not a major offence to be upset by

The chances of not getting a punishment are pretty slim to be honest. Because he's Wayne Rooney. And the FA are well, pretty much inconsistent to say the least with the punishments they dish out. Should keep it internal.

Pathetic excuse of a man. Get him and his arrogant attitude away from the cameras and a generation of youngsters who look up to him - ban him.

it's crazy simple as that. there are several incidents over the weekend more worthy to review than a passionate bloke who had been givin abuse all game and for a number of months now. pathetic from the FA, proves they have nothing better to do to be honest.

No, He is a role model to young kids everywhere and needs to set an example, not needlessly swearing into a camera where millions of people including many many children where watching.

Should be fined.

Pathetic excuse of a man. Get him and his arrogant attitude away from the cameras and a generation of youngsters who look up to him - ban him.

Supporter of Liverpool says it all

No, He is a role model to young kids everywhere and needs to set an example, not needlessly swearing into a camera where millions of people including many many children where watching.

Should be fined.

kids hear swearing from everyone else in every day life though rightly or wrongly but thats life, he'll get a fine you can garuntee that but like I said, there are several other incidents over the weekend that should be reviewed... the Essien tackle, the linesman decision not to award a goal at Goodison Park etc but all the FA can find is "Oh Wayne Rooney swore, lets review it"

What effect is hearing the word **** going to have on young kids anyway?
It's hardly going to turn them into the spawn of satan, it's just a word.

What effect is hearing the word **** going to have on young kids anyway?
It's hardly going to turn them into the spawn of satan, it's just a word.

my 4 year old just read this and he is asking me what it means... :|

If this was UEFA you know Platini would be all over this trying to get Rooney banned. Drogba got a 4 match ban for something similar, obviously not on the same scale as this.

I think he'll just get a fine.

I think it needs to be dealt with carefully, yes he swore, yes he apologised, but swearing is going to be heard at football games, on numerous occasions I can clearly hear the fans chanting specific well known chants. People watching football are going to hear. (I know its different when they say it into the camera)BTW I havent actually seen the incident.

i saw the incident on MOTD but i did not clearly hear what he said

Back