Rooney Awaiting News on Punishment

• Thread starter Thread starter fm1063
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 334
  • Views Views 17K

Should Rooney Receive a Punishment?

• Total voters
when does this ban start?? and is it for only prem or...??

y3mo.gif

Rooney gets all the bad press for the weekend. The way football is now the camera picks up players swearing at least 5 times a game. They just need to get on with it.

Fa should be concentrating on punishing tackles that could easily break someone's leg.

The FA has charged Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney for the use of offensive, insulting and / or abusive language.

So are the FA going to charge every single player who swears from now on?

Usual scapegoat mate. Same old same old with the FA

load of nonsense, they failed to ban him when they should have, so now they ban him when they shouldnt. Ridiculous

To the people saying hes a role model, what a load of tripe, if any of you have ever been to a football match, you'd know the air is filled with swearing, the vast majority of hammers fan spent the game throwing all manners of abuse of at him, yet funny how the same people demonise. Funny how people change their views when its rooney

interesting how the FA failed to similarly look at Essiens "tackle"

you could hear the abuse the fans we're Wayne on the tv, abuse towards his family, his wife etc but because he reacted he gets punished

Rooney isn't the only one getting punished though, Manchester United are as well. Rooney of late seems to be hitting fine form at the right time and now he is likely to miss two matches, another example of the FA helping United win the league.

as for Essien, it's not the first dangerous tackle he has got away with, no press attention, no mention on the radio or tv, strange.

be interesting to see what happens to the next player that swears on camera. O yeah. Nothing.

You lot complain about inconsistency, but if this was someone like Joey Barton, you'd be all over him like a rash.

you could hear the abuse the fans we're Wayne on the tv, abuse towards his family, his wife etc but because he reacted he gets punished

Rooney isn't the only one getting punished though, Manchester United are as well. Rooney of late seems to be hitting fine form at the right time and now he is likely to miss two matches, another example of the FA helping United win the league.

as for Essien, it's not the first dangerous tackle he has got away with, no press attention, no mention on the radio or tv, strange.

Essien was in fact sent of earlier this season for similar tackle, this one is actually a worse version of his earlier one

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

You lot complain about inconsistency, but if this was someone like Joey Barton, you'd be all over him like a rash.

really? last time most people backed barton when he was being targeted... good work there

Lol spot the bitter United fans.

How is it bitter? So you don't think there's always going to be swearing at football matches? Or that swearing into a camera muffled by 40,000 people is equal to questioning a referee's integrity (Grant). Or that what Rooney did was worse than Essien's tackle? Or do you agree that swearing > elbowing? Will be a **** of a lot of red cards flying around next week apparently, then.

Essien was in fact sent of earlier this season for similar tackle, this one is actually a worse version of his earlier one

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

really? last time most people backed barton when he was being targeted... good work there

yeah i remember mate but there have been other times when he hasn't been sent off or booked but nothing is ever said. it's ok though I suppose, he didn't swear.

Surprised by this, thought he would just get a fine. I thought the only thing that would save him from a ban would be that it wasn't clear what he said.

@MisterStubbs - Essien got sent off earlier in the season against Fulham, no? Very similar challenge.
Edit: Zoomed.

Not for this exact offence.

Good work there.

How is it bitter? So you don't think there's always going to be swearing at football matches? Or that swearing into a camera muffled by 40,000 people is equal to questioning a referee's integrity (Grant). Or that what Rooney did was worse than Essien's tackle? Or do you agree that swearing > elbowing? Will be a **** of a lot of red cards flying around next week apparently, then.

Wayne Rooney swore straight into the camera. It wasn't muffled. It was deliberate. It wasn't a reaction to anything - it was unneeded and sends completely the wrong message to a generation of young supporters.

I don't understand how people can defend what Rooney said, I think the FA have got it spot on. Swearing straight at a camera on live TV, with thousands that would be defended watching, many of whom would be children, is a stupid thing to do. The excuse that he got caught up in the moment is also ridiculous. Swearing in his celebration, fair enough, but running straight to a camera and swearing at it? Surely the brain would process that it's a stupid thing to do.

Just because you weren't offended by what he said, doesn't mean that others weren't.

could everyone please calm down on my thread i didn't expect this to casue so many arguements

Not for this exact offence.

Good work there.

Wayne Rooney swore straight into the camera. It wasn't muffled. It was deliberate. It wasn't a reaction to anything - it was unneeded and sends completely the wrong message to a generation of young supporters.

Look how long it took to figure out exactly what he said, I still can't tell the exact words. I count that as muffled. So young kids are never going to hear swearing at football?

Back