Rossoneri - The Return of Franco Baresi

Magiboy

Past Day Legend
Reaction score
Breaking News

unavngivetc.jpg

A C Milan’s manager Leonardo resigns before his even started. Chairman Silvio Berlusconi and the rest of the board are furious, but the main character himself explains that he couldn’t work under such poor conditions. Speculations about a new manager are already in full swing, and many suggest that it’s the former AC Milan sweeper Franco Baresi, who takes over the job as manager in the Milano club.
The press predicts that the club will present the new manager within the next few days.

Good luck with this mate.

Sounds good. :)

Sweeeeeeeet ^^)

Could do with a Milan story to follow, good luck mate.

francobaresiencuentraba.jpg

As expected, the Milano club tonight presented the club legend Franc Baresi as the new manager. Chairman Silvio Berlusconi showed with great pleasure, with the hired coach on his side, in front of the press. "I can with great joy and expectation presents the club's former player Franco Baresi as our new manager. We look forward to many years of cooperation and hopefully with great success. We have discussed the season's expectations and budgets, and reached the following; club can hereby publish a great goal to win the Serie A title, and achieve significant results in the Champions League. We will of course support Baresi as much as possible so that these goals can be achieved and the club can develop as a sport club."

It wasnt only the chairman who had something to say, but also the main character himself was very enthusiastic about the situation. "I am extremely happy with this agreement we have created the club and I, and I look forward to another long career at the club, this time as manager. My biggest goal is to create a collective squad, where unity and cooperation will shine through on the pitch. In addition, I try to play beautiful football, in honor of the club's brilliant fans, where fewer warnings and fair play is a high priority."

Pre-season update will follow

yess. love it! I take it you aren't english, because the grammar is a bit suspect.
however, gotta love a nice italian story and I wish you the best of luck :)

I havent even really played with Milan myself on 2010, whats the budget like? Not so great I suspect....

yess. love it! I take it you aren't english, because the grammar is a bit suspect.
however, gotta love a nice italian story and I wish you the best of luck :)

Yes, youre right. Im from Denmark, so my English could be much better. But i hope you guys can live with it. |)

I havent even really played with Milan myself on 2010, whats the budget like? Not so great I suspect....

Actually they have a fine economy, and in Italy the chairmen har often very generous, so i hope i can get some more money out of the club.

Franco Baresi looking forward to create a new AC Milan
Pre-season update

patoh.jpg

After my appointment as manager of AC Milan, I began to review my player material, sell the useless players and compare our squad strengths and weaknesses with the Milano club rivals and opponents, notably Juventus and Inter who's the two clubs that could give our squad the biggest troubles on the road to the title. It was obvious to everyone that we had to do with a very old, but experienced squad, which contains both fighter spirit and technical skills. But given the season goal to win the Serie A title and compete against the big rivals, reinforcements were needed. Although I quickly was looking for reinforcements, you would still have to remember that the squad includes stars such as; Pato, Huntelaar, Ronaldinho, Pirlo, Gattuso, Thiago Silva and Nesta.

View attachment 73162 View attachment 73164 View attachment 73168

First and foremost I was keen to sell / sack the players I found useless, and then buy defensive-oriented players. Especially at the back positions the Milan squad spread lacked. Players such as; Antonini, Oddo, Jankulovski and Favalli aren’t players I could have in my squad if I wanted to achieve the goal of winning Serie A. So I decided to purchase three enhancements to the defense. First we secured Kolarov costing £7.75M, which was purchased to become the club's primary left-back. Then we secured the Argentinean talent Otamendi from Velez, at an acceptable price of £5.25M. And last but not least, the club secured the great defensive talent Cedric Mongongu, that I signed with high expectations.

View attachment 73161 View attachment 73167 View attachment 73160

After these three big defensive signings, I began to thin out the many defensive players who were now in the squad. This separation consisted of players like Kaladze, Favalli, Jankulovski, and Oddo who all had to leave the club. The club didn’t receive any big prices these older players, but since most were incredibly high salaries it still gave a lot of money for new purchases. Now that the club again had obtained money, It could look forward in the field, and concentrates on providing some offensive-oriented players who could contribute so my creative football could succeed.

These are the other players I managed to bring into the Milan club in the summer transfer market:

Sejad Salihovic - Hoffenheim - £9.75M
The technically strong midfielder Sejad Salihovic was brought in, to fill the open space midtfield where the team creativity lacked. Salihovic has excellent technical, good passing and an excellent shooting technique was the perfect player for the role that the squad was missing.

View attachment 73169

Axel Witsel - Standard - £6M
The young Belgian midfielder Axel Witsel was brought in after a long period where I scouted him, and watched him in some games, to confirm that he was the right talent, I could bring in. I saw a giant potential in that kid, and I decided to sign him for a very fair transfer fee of £ 6M, which both clubs were very satisfied about. I expect Witsel to occupies a role on the bench, in order to develop him through 1-2 seasons.

View attachment 73165

Yannick Djalo - Sporting CP - £800K
Yannick Djaló was bought for a very cheap price. With players like Klaas Jan Huntelaar and Pato in the squad, I had no intention of giving him a place in the first eleven. The purchase was only to secure that the team was width in the attack.

View attachment 73170

Here's a overview of my transfer:

View attachment 73176

Pre-season went smoothly without any horrific injuries or something of that kind. Our 6 friendly’s went fine with us recording 6 wins without concede any goals, including a 3-0 win against the rivals Juventus.

Tactics-wise I tried to mount some strengths and discipline into the formation and tactic, which could secure the Milano club a stabile playing style. With these transfers and a new tactic, I was trying to make a team that could hold on to the ball, and keep possession through the matches and therefore I’ve decided to play with short passes. Because of the players who stands for our disposal and the clubs relatively large reputation in a league with a lot of minnows I had no intention of packing down and letting the opposition take control of the games and therefore I decided to control the games by pressing the opponents down. In addition to this the tactic was set on high pressure to press and intimidate the opponent when they’re on the ball. The team’s fulcrum or playmaker if you like, will be the MC with a Deep lying Playmaker Role set to support, and the player who will fill this role will either be Pirlo or Salihovic, depending on the last-mentioned settling, form and most importantly performances. I decided to play a creative and atypical 4-3-3 with a flat midfield in order to make our players feel at most comfortable on the pitch. Our philosophy is very fluid, in order to create as much creativity as possible.

Here’s a screenie of the squad, formation and tactics used in the friendlies and first 2 league games of the season.

View attachment 73175 View attachment 73177

So far I’ve played 2 competitive matches. The form has looked okay in the league so far with us winning 1 and losing 1.
Here is the league table and fixtures.

View attachment 73178 View attachment 73172

September update, coming soon..

Good update, very tidy layout.

Keep it up and make Denmark proud.

Good update, very tidy layout.

Keep it up and make Denmark proud.

Thanks mate, ill try ^^)

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

September

AC Milan vs. Parma

After a long pause, was Parma waiting at San Siro. A match where we were big favorites, and had to win to get started in the season.

acmilanvparmafcserieafr.jpg

After a slow start, were both teams were even, the brazilian poacher Pato broke free and scored the first goal in the match. Afterwards went the match back a little stuck. AC Milan sat on ball possession and controlled the match, while Parma were trying to exploit the defense slow acceleration. It wasn't straightforward for Parma, and in the 84 and 94 minute sealed Milan the victory since respectively Yannick Djaló and Borriello scored. The match ended 3-0

AC Milan 3 vs. Parma 0

CSKA Moscow vs. AC Milan

Three days later, AC Milan was in a tough away game in the Champions League against the powerful Russians CSKA Moscow.

d83349e8c0a151f3c7506df.jpg

Already in the locker room Franco Baresi was aware that this would be a hard battle. And it was. The weather was bad and the facilities were also below the usual standard, and AC Milan had big problems. And it culminated when the Italian goalkeeper Abbiati made an own goal. And it was also the end result, 1-0.

CSKA Moscow 1 vs. AC Milan 0

AC Milan vs. Sampdoria

After a disappointing away defeat was milan club keen on revenge at home against Sampdoria.

patoagainstsampdoriamar.jpg

With great mora lAC Milan flew out on the pitch, and quickly dominated the match. Dominance was also quickly rewarded when the wonderboy Pato scored after 9 minutes. After the goal AC Milan sat on the match and created chances after chances. It looked very promising, but just as it looked good, the Italian Antonio Cassano techniques scored in extra time. Yet another slap in the face of Baresi and co.
AC Milan 1 vs. Sampdoria 1

The last couple of matches will be posted soon..

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:54 PM ----------

AC Milan 5 vs Livorno 0

Pato (5)
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (19, 27)
Onyewu (34)
Ambrosini (44)

It was a very important match that we were pressured to win. And after this victory, we were back on track.
We started very aggressively in the goal of scoring quickly. It succeeded well, since Pato scored to 1-0 after five minutes. After the opening goal Livorno pressured completely, which resulted in another 4 goals in the first half. After half-time the victory was driven home without problems, and the match ended 5-0.

Fiorentina 3 vs AC Milan 5

Stevan Jovetic (26, 60) Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (30)
Montolivo (34pen) Mathieu Flamini (51)
Ronaldinho (57pen, 67, 90pen)

Yet another very important match because we were forced to hold on to last games good shape, to remain at the top of the table.
It didn't start well, then the wonderkid Stevan Jovetic scored after 26 minutes. However we managed to respond promptly again as our Dutch striker Huntelaar scored to 1-1 after 30 minutes. But once again Fiorentina managed to go in front when the playmaker Montolivo scored on penalty after 34 minutes. This position held until the 51 minutes. Then it went very quickly. First Mathieu Flamini scored, and a few minutes later Ronaldinho scored on penalty to 3-2. Fiorentina managed to offset the match, before Ronaldinho secured the victory with two goals. The battle ended 5-3

mathieuflaminige1390198.jpg

AC Milan 1 vs Standard Liege 0

Mathieu Flamini (3)

The fight should definitely be won because it was an important home match and it was a great chance to win a match in groupstage.
Mathieu Flamini secured the club the lead after already three minutes, and then the match drove quietly, without any danger of throwing the victory away.

Last edited:
You beat Fiorentina :(

Nice start, unlucky in the CL but them Russian teams are always hard to beat (In my experience anyway, they play the most awkward formations). Seem to be scoring lots of goals KUTGW!

Nice one mate, got pato scoring well and getting goals from all over the field, unlucky against CSKA, thrash them in Milan! ^^)

October

After a bit of a slow start, we now had the chance of reaching the top of the table, by winning against Napoli away. Up to the match I had decided to analyze my tactic, and I took the decision to change a little in the formation. I switched away from my flat 4-3-3 and went over to a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 so my team had more layers. I hold on to my teams mentality and philosophy because the creative football suited my team perfectly. Especially Ronaldinho had problems playing the left attacker, so with this change, he could now go down, and play his favorite position on the attacking midfielder. Pirlo and Salihovic should play the central midfielders, and Gattuso on the defensive midfielder.

Napoli 1 vs. AC Milan 3

patovsnapolimarch200904.jpg

Quagliarella (80) Pato (7)
Mathieu Flamini (53)
Sejad Salihovic (64)

Pato scored ones again, when AC Milan knocked dow there rivals at the San Paolo stadium. The victory secured the Milano club a position at the top of the table.

AC Milan 3 vs. Bologna 0

Pato (1)
Alessandro Nesta (18, 45+1)

Once again scored the poacher Pato, this time after already one minute. The Brazilian striker is about to show his real potential for AC Milan. Then the experienced central defender Nesta scored two times at corner, and the match ended 3-0. A sure victory for the Milano club, who's holding onto their first place.

AC Milan 0 vs. Marseille 0

Another frustrating result for AC Milan, who really struggle to win the decisive battles in their Champions League group. The fight was otherwise ruled by a dominant milan team, but although they had 17 shots on goal and 60% ball possession, they were not able to win the match.

AC Milan 2 vs. Atalanta 0

Alessandro Nesta (45+1)
Pato (67)

Although Pirlo and co. had difficulties winning in the champions league, they secured another victory in the league. Alessandro Nesta secured Milan the lead on a header near the goal after a beautiful indirect free kick by Pirlo. Then AC Milan controled the match and the team's topscorer Pato secured the victory in 67 minute.
But the match was not without incidents, and great talent Cedric Mongongu had to leave with an injury during the 90 minutes. The injury turned out later to keep the defensive player out in 6-7 weeks.

Cagliari 2 vs. AC Milan 1

acmilanvcagliaricalcios.jpg

Andres Mendoza (15) Mathieu Flamini (79)
Jeda (76)

Shocking result for Baresi co. Cagliari stopped their good form as they triumphed in the battle at Sant'Elia. The fight was otherwise controlled by AC milan, but Cagliari turned out to be sharpest and ended up winning the match.

AC Milan 1 vs. Bari 1

Pato (79) Sergio Almiron (61)

After a disappointing result the squad was eager to turn things around at home against the undertipped Bari. It looked promising, as the battle seemed to be completely under control, but when Sergio Almiron scored in the 61 minute, the game turned to Bari's benefit. Baresi couldn't live with that result and therefore AC Milan went "all-out attack" and succeeded indeed to level the match when pato scored in the 79 minute. However, the Milan club wasn't happy with this result and the results were forced to return when they were playing against Marseille away on 11.03.2009.

November update coming up...

You beat Fiorentina :(

Nice start, unlucky in the CL but them Russian teams are always hard to beat (In my experience anyway, they play the most awkward formations). Seem to be scoring lots of goals KUTGW!

Thanks mate. Im looking forward to meat CKSA at San Siro where i expect to play them out of the pitch.

Nice one mate, got pato scoring well and getting goals from all over the field, unlucky against CSKA, thrash them in Milan! ^^)

I am very pleased with the pato's scoring rate until now, and I hope it will continue. As for CSKA I also expect to beat them at San Siro, when I have so far been good at home. But we have to see. Cheers mate.

Nice update, the layout is superb.

Thanks again mate. I'm glad you like my layout |)

best of luck on this be ncie to see an ac milan story.

Thanks, I need it, to go further in the Champions League, as it looks now.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

November

Marsielle 0 vs AC Milan 1
3.11.2009 - Champions League, Group Stage

huntelaar270050s.jpg

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (13)

After a very miserable start in the Champions Leagues groupstage, we were pressured to win this difficult away game at Marseille. And it succeeded. Through the whole match both teams were very equal, and one goal from Klaas-Jan Huntelaar was enough to win this important game.

Roma 1 vs AC Milan 2
8.11.2009 - Serie A, Round 12

pato1g.jpg

Luca Toni (53) Pato (29)
Andrea Pirlo (pen64)

Again a very important away match, this time in the league against one of our rivals. Pato scored once again when we beat Roma 2-1 at Olimpico in Rome.

AC Milan 3 vs Genoa 0
22.11.2009 - Serie A, Round 13

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (40, 47, pen86)

89026hp.jpg

An insane one-man performance of the Dutch striker Huntelaar secured us another important victory in Serie A.

AC Milan 0 vs CSKA Moscow 1
25.11.2009 - Champions League, Group Stage

I simply hate CSKA!. Also this time they managed to cheat my team and with their counter-based football they pulled a surprisingly 1-0 victory home on San Siro. I was not at all satisfied about that result, and it made me once again in danger of not going further in the tournament. I simply had to win the last match against Standard Liege.

Inter 2 vs AC Milan 1
29.11.2009 - Serie A, Round 14

acmilanvsintermilan2009.jpg

****! I knew that this match was perhaps the hardest in the season, but a defeat would cost us very dearly. And it was heavy, too heavy. Although we had ball possession Inter was too sharp and punished us. This resulted in a 2-1 defeat wich will be hard to get over.

With this heavy defeat, I was forced to look ahead. And I had the chance to turn things around when I could look forward to two important matches against Juventus and Standard Liege.

December update coming soon..

nice story mate im loving the layout i am currently managing milan and in my second season i got over 100 million to spend

nice story mate im loving the layout i am currently managing milan and in my second season i got over 100 million to spend

Cheers mate. Yes, its incredible how much money you get in Italy.