Roy Hodgson Appointed WBA Boss

Will He Keep them Up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've liked the football played by WBA this season. Hopefully he won't change it around too much.

He always overachieves with small clubs, could be a great appointment considering what he did with Fulham

which has got them where...

Outside of the relegation zone, when many people tipped them to finish right near the bottom?

Best of luck Woy, WBA fans prepare yourselves for the useless left-back that is Konchesky in the summer.

Wtf...all of sudden? He will have his revenge on Liverpool :D

Bite me.

KK will outhink that clown in any given situation.

To all WBA fans: Stand by for some free-flowing imaginative football.....NOT ! He drove all at Anfield to distraction with his boring, syle-free, safety-first & hoof-it brand of 'football', which didn't even get the reults he wanted ie: not to lose at all costs - he lost a lot. I'm v surprised that he's got a job back in the top flight again - he's Championship material at best IMO ( & many others also ).

Last edited:
Good appointment. West Bwom is an ideal club for a manager like Woy Hodgson.

My thoughts exactly. The only concern I have is that West Brom, since the appointment of Mowbray, have been playing exciting and attractive football. Will Roy have the players available to suit his style?

if he can do what he did with Fulham then great appointment

My thoughts exactly. The only concern I have is that West Brom, since the appointment of Mowbray, have been playing exciting and attractive football. Will Roy have the players available to suit his style?

My thoughts exactly, when we stayed up under Roy, he had McBride upfront and then the next season, he had Zamora. The closet thing West Brom have to that is Fortune. I highly doubt he will continue with 4-3-3 as well. I'm not sure if West Brom players will be able to cope with the change in philosophy because the Liverpool players couldn't. His first job will be to shore up the defence though which he is usually pretty good at.

To all WBA fans: Stand by for some free-flowing imaginative football.....NOT ! He drove all at Anfield to distraction with his boring, syle-free, safety-first & hoof-it brand of 'football', which didn't even get the reults he wanted ie: not to lose at all costs - he lost a lot. I'm v surprised that he's got a job back in the top flight again - he's Championship material at best IMO ( & many others also ).

He's not championship material, he's shown that in the past. He's just unwilling to change the way his style of football and the way he sets out for a game. The Liverpool players had 6 years of Rafa's football and weren't receptive to Roy or his tactics at all which is why they failed so miserably with them.

Bite me.

KK will outhink that clown in any given situation.

Yeah because this is pretty terrible

Halmstad
Allsvenskan (2): 1976, 1979
Malmö FF
Swedish football champions (2): 1986, 1988
Allsvenskan (5): 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989
Svenska Cupen (2): 1985–86, 1988–89
Inter Milan
UEFA Cup Finalists (1): 1997
Copenhagen
Danish Superliga (1): 2000–01
Danish Super Cup (1): 2001
Fulham
UEFA Europa League Finalists (1): 2010

LMA Manager of the Year (1): 2010

Di Matteo was the man for me at West Brom, best thing that happened to them in recent years. Hodgson is a good man-manager I wish him all the best.

I went to almost every match of Fulhams Europa run, and i didnt witness Championship level tactics in use.

Fulham outplayed Juventus in European competition under Hodgson. Some of the goals Fulham scored, particularly against the German teams (noted for having big strong defenders, making the long ball you speak of useless) were wonderful footballing moves.

Liverpool and Roy were never going to be a match made in heaven, anyone can see Roy likes wingers, Liverpool have lacked decent widemen for years. Usually Roy also likes to have someone for them to cross it to.
WBA have wingers, i'm unsure whether any of their strikers are exactly what he needs, but i have no doubt he'll keep them up and then find a striker to suit his style come the Summer.

Can't beleive some of the BS coming from people, Just because he flopped at a what I would say very poor liverpool side, makes him a bad manager ? Roy done great things at fulham and throughout his career with other things. I think he will keep them up.

I don't think he'll keep them up this season, they'll go back down and he'll bring them straight back up and keep them up next season, and make them into a steady mid-table'ish team within 3 years.

Roy Hodgson had a bad time at liverpool but that does not make him a failure! He works better under less presure and media spotlight i think and was a victim of his own success similar to di matteo

Can't beleive some of the BS coming from people, Just because he flopped at a what I would say very poor liverpool side, makes him a bad manager ? Roy done great things at fulham and throughout his career with other things. I think he will keep them up.

That same poor Liverpool side that's starting to flourish and move up the table with Kenny? He's a good manager when his team suits him, he's stubborn and naive in my opinion. He was always blaming the Liverpool team for not adapting to his methods, rather than adapting to the Liverpool methods himself.

That same poor Liverpool side that's starting to flourish and move up the table with Kenny? He's a good manager when his team suits him, he's stubborn and naive in my opinion. He was always blaming the Liverpool team for not adapting to his methods, rather than adapting to the Liverpool methods himself.

Yeah, At the end of the day The manager is in charge, Why he should he change what hes had success with ? IS Rafa a poor manager then ? He had 1 bad season. and having another at Inter but I wouldn't say hes a poor manager.

A very poor Liverpool side which is on a 4 game winning streak without conceding a single goal, a very poor Liverpool side which beat Chelsea on the weekend?

Oh I see, you're one of these Hodgson lovers.. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i7EBywdHdY&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Conversation with a typical Roy Hodgson lover[/ame]

Good for woy I reckon he should have no trouble keeping them

I hope he gets a good welcome when he comes to anfield as he did try

Although successful at Fulham, Fulham and West Brom are completely different teams with very different players and, if he tries to replicate his football from Fulham at the Hawthorns, I think he will fail.

Still, good luck to him, with how many teams are fighting for safety this season, it's going to be tough.

A very poor Liverpool side which is on a 4 game winning streak without conceding a single goal, a very poor Liverpool side which beat Chelsea on the weekend?

Wow a 4 game win streak really ? Doesn't mean your team are great.. A new found confidence given by A club legend is all thats needed. Beating wolves isn't that great an achievement.. Nor is beating Fulham or Stoke at home tbh.. The Chelsea one fair enough is a great result. But just because your on a 4 win streak doesn't make your side great. The side has been pretty poor for a while now finishing 7th last season and sitting 6 points adrift of 4th and 5th. So you consider that a good liverpool side ? But you have a tough run of fixtures coming up in the coming months see if your win streak continues then say the side aren't poor :)