• Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 5K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike.

Reaction score
View attachment 81586
Hodgson has also been linked with the England manager's job

Roy Hodgson is set to be appointed Liverpool's new manager by Thursday, BBC Sport understands.

The Reds were granted permission to speak to the 62-year-old two weeks ago by his current club Fulham.
Hodgson has also been linked with the England manager's job following the team's humiliating exit from the World Cup but Liverpool have acted quickly.
The Englishman will replace Rafael Benitez in the Anfield hot seat after the Spaniard left at the start of June.
More soon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8721942.stm

Last edited:
yay. rather him go to liverpool then england.

so as long as this keeps him away from england good job.

Really shocked at this, not a well thought out appointment at all.

Really shocked at this, not a well thought out appointment at all.
hes a man whos not gonna rock the boat for the owners. essentially a yes man who will soon be the fall guy. i feel for roy, this is going to be ugly for him

Why don't you want him in the England job Scott? Presumably this means he has some kind of a budget to spend, as i read somewhere (probably goal.com in all fairness) that he wouldn't go unless he got a transfer kitty.

Why don't you want him in the England job Scott? Presumably this means he has some kind of a budget to spend, as i read somewhere (probably goal.com in all fairness) that he wouldn't go unless he got a transfer kitty.

i feel although he is a good manager, he isnt really what england need. We need a young manager who can take us forward with him. Whilst for hodgson this is probaly his last "big" job. So he isnt what i want for england, No disputing his ablity.

i feel although he is a good manager, he isnt really what england need. We need a young manager who can take us forward with him. Whilst for hodgson this is probaly his last "big" job. So he isnt what i want for england, No disputing his ablity.

How long does the average England manager last?

How long does the average England manager last?

well thats the point, we need this one to last a minimum of 6 years in my opinion. he needs to build a bond with the up and coming players, and Roy isnt that man.

So hopefully they last longer then usual, but getting someone knowing they are close to retirement would be shooting ourselfs in the foot.

well thats the point, we need this one to last a minimum of 6 years in my opinion. he needs to build a bond with the up and coming players, and Roy isnt that man.

So hopefully they last longer then usual, but getting someone knowing they are close to retirement would be shooting ourselfs in the foot.
i heard one of the pundits say, 2 year contracts between competitions, and i just thought "you're a ******* idiot" thats exactly whats wrong. we need to rebuild long term now.

i want pearce

i heard one of the pundits say, 2 year contracts between competitions, and i just thought "you're a ******* idiot" thats exactly whats wrong. we need to rebuild long term now.

i want pearce

I want a controversial appointment in Alan Shearer, everything to do with Fabio regime should go, we make a mistake in appointing an assistant before in Sven. we need a fresh start, that means a new management team to me.

I want a controversial appointment in Alan Shearer, everything to do with Fabio regime should go, we make a mistake in appointing an assistant before in Sven. we need a fresh start, that means a new management team to me.
but maclaren was a) a bit of a yes man, and b) hadnt achieved success with the under 21's like pearce has, also pearce was there before capello.

pearce knows what it takes to play for england, undertsands the pressure, knows the setup inside out, has mentored the younger players,if you seen their games, they really enjoy playing for him, and their respect, and adulation for him is patently obvious. he is man enough to know when he is wrong, and not be harded headed

we need someone who has the know how.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

remember we still have the euros in 2 years

Meh right now I just want structure in my club. Roy will provide that he is a wily old manager who doesn't take mess.

my
but maclaren was a) a bit of a yes man, and b) hadnt achieved success with the under 21's like pearce has, also pearce was there before capello.

pearce knows what it takes to play for england, undertsands the pressure, knows the setup inside out, has mentored the younger players,if you seen their games, they really enjoy playing for him, and their respect, and adulation for him is patently obvious. he is man enough to know when he is wrong, and not be harded headed

we need someone who has the know how.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------[/COLOR]

remember we still have the euros in 2 years

I think we should forgot about the Euros, these current set of players plays have had there go and ****** up big time.

We should kick out anyone 28 or over and say Your time is up.

And play the players who are going to be england players for the next 8, 9 10 years, and say we know 2012 is too soon. We are preparing long term.

Rodwell
Smalling
Delph
Wilshere
Walcott
Milner
Lennon
Rooney( make him Capt)
Bent
Gibbs
Welbeck

Say to these lads, you are our Future. We need you to have expereince playing together and in tournament environment.

We need a manager who will stay with these and the FA will keep for 8,9 ,10 years, No matter what the results are, It is a project now, not a short term fix.

Last edited:
I think we should forgot about the Euros, these current set of players plays have had there go and ****** up big time.

We should kick out anyone 28 or over and say Your time is up.

And play the players who are going to be england players for the next 8, 9 10 years, and say we know 2012 is too soon. We are preparing long term.

Rodwell
Smalling
Delph
Wilkshire
Walcott
Milner
Lennon
Rooney( make him Capt)
Bent
Gibbs
Welbeck

Say to these lads, you are our Future. We need you to have expereince playing together and in tournament environment.

We need a manager who will stay with these and the FA will keep for 8,9 ,10 years, No matter what the results are, It is a project now, not a short term fix.

Off Topic Much?

Unlucky Roy, you are coming in at a bad time but I guess if anyone can rally these guys it's you.. Good luck. P.s I prefer Rafa :'(

Rodwell
Smalling
Delph
Wilshere
Walcott
Milner
Lennon
Rooney( make him Capt)
Bent
Gibbs
Welbeck

Completely off topic but Rooney for captain? oO) Maybe if he ever actually grows up and stops being a complaining little ***** who shouts abuse at his own fans just because he has a **** game. We need somebody solid to captain us, I think in the future Cattermole will be a great captain, so hopefully he will get a go soon.

Unlucky Roy, you are coming in at a bad time but I guess if anyone can rally these guys it's you.. Good luck. P.s I prefer Rafa :'(

Completely off topic but Rooney for captain? oO) Maybe if he ever actually grows up and stops being a complaining little ***** who shouts abuse at his own fans just because he has a **** game. We need somebody solid to captain us, I think in the future Cattermole will be a great captain, so hopefully he will get a go soon.
not rooney not cattermole, i;d keep rio for now. purely because we havent got a young defender like him ready yet

back to roy. i cant see this ending well for him. but for his sake, and liverpool longterm, really hope im wrong

Oh Roy, unless they are giving you a fucket load of cash to spend on players, and considering the owners want to sell, I spect not, why move from a club where the fans *** you?!

I know Liverpool are a much 'bigger' team, but is Roy really the man to keep Torres and Gerrard around?

Oh Roy, unless they are giving you a fucket load of cash to spend on players, and considering the owners want to sell, I spect not, why move from a club where the fans *** you?!

I know Liverpool are a much 'bigger' team, but is Roy really the man to keep Torres and Gerrard around?
i think he has bitten off more than he can chew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back