Roy Hodgson poised to become new Liverpool manager

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 5K
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the money we are paying Fulham to discuss a contract with Hodgson as-well. But I agree, Rafa is a top manager and we have replaced him with someone, who in my eyes just isn't a better manager.

Couple of million?

But yeah, money being spent on totally the wrong thing.

4th July (this Sunday) big demo at St.George's Hall in Liverpool. If people are concerned about the club, might be a good thing to go to and show your anger.

If I'm well enough to go, I'll probably be there.

I will try and get down there, not sure if I am doing anything on Sunday yet but if I can get there I will.

I understand that Swedish and Danish league isn't the strongest but at Malmo he managed 5 consecutive league titles which is very hard for a team to attain at any level. Although he did get sacked by Bristol City, the club was already a sinking ship before he joined with huge debt, he had nothing to work on. At Blackburn, his was ravaged by injuries which ultimately got him sacked and Blackburn relegated, however, squads weren't as big in those days. His career went a bit wayward in the turn of the century though with spells aty Udinese and U.A.E. He certainly got back on track narrowly missing out on the European championships with a mediocre Finland side. I still think although not many fans are pleased that he can lead you into the top 5 or maybe top 4.

One away win in the league last season. Three in the season before that. Four away wins in 38 games. By any standard that's not the sign of a top flight league manager Jack.

One away win in the league last season. Three in the season before that. Four away wins in 38 games. By any standard that's not the sign of a top flight league manager Jack.

Away form is something that has deluded all our Managers since coming to Premiership, I do think that Hodgson sets up the wrong way when playing away from home hence why our away support is terrible.

Away form is something that has deluded all our Managers since coming to Premiership, I do think that Hodgson sets up the wrong way when playing away from home hence why our away support is terrible.

It's how Hodgson likes the game played mate. Always has done, always will do. Big man/little man up front at home, pigeon catcher away.

You know I don't have an axe to grind with him. He's had a decent career in management. But he sure as **** has shown nothing to demonstrate that he'll be a success at Liverpool. First Liverpool manager in charge of picking the team to pick up no silverware? That's a good bet right now.

It's interesting to see that Hodgson has supposdly been talking to Liverpool for the past two weeks yet Liverpool approached Marseille to try and get Didier Deschamps just last week. Hodgson is obviously not number one target.

BBC's Phil McNulty think its the perfect fit, Its definitley going to end badly then

Has he definetly got the job ~?

No. Press conference is pencilled in for Thursday to formally announce it. If England move for him before then, there'll be a new England manager instead.

not even god could help liverpool so no big deal bringing roy in would love to have seen Sven go and **** up pool even more

great move as Roy Hodgson has shown he can do wonders even with a limited transfer budget unlike Benitez

great move as Roy Hodgson has shown he can do wonders even with a limited transfer budget unlike Benitez

In today's money, Hodgson spent the equivalent of £75 million in two years at Blackburn. They got relegated. Andy Johnson was a good signing for Fulham...

I think Hodgson is a very over rated manager. Yes he got Fulham to a Europa League Final, but most of his honours are in Scandinavia, where the league standard is shocking

As said earlier, Hodgson will be a yes man, He's an old man, so it's not thought of in the long term, He done well this past season with Fulham, But with the likes of Pellegrini around, Hodgson probably wouldn't of been my first choice, I don't think Hodgson will be able to attract the bigger players, and may very well bring in some **** from Fulham (no offence) And play the uglier football

As said earlier, Hodgson will be a yes man, He's an old man, so it's not thought of in the long term, He done well this past season with Fulham, But with the likes of Pellegrini around, Hodgson probably wouldn't of been my first choice, I don't think Hodgson will be able to attract the bigger players, and may very well bring in some **** from Fulham (no offence) And play the uglier football

Whoever Liverpool employ will be a yes man though..............

And the **** players from Fulham took four points off you last season.

It doesn't matter what the owners do to him, We as fans should get behind him and back him. Yes we may have to re build if our so called big players leave, so what, no one is bigger than the club.
I remember everytime a big club job came up people would be up in arms saying no english manager ever gets a look in, now Roy is looking like getting one people should give him the chance to prove what he can do.

Whoever Liverpool employ will be a yes man though..............

And the **** players from Fulham took four points off you last season.

So did most teams :'(

Hodgson sets up really well, in defense at least. When we played Fulham last year, we just COULDN'T get through them, just balls side to side, and with Carragher, Agger, Johnson, He's got the making of a good defense, We just need possibly two left backs to sure it up, and someone to train Insua more

Roy isn't the problem, its Waldorf and Statler thats the problem

statler_waldorf.jpg

Bye Bye George and Tom

So did most teams :'(

Hodgson sets up really well, in defense at least. When we played Fulham last year, we just COULDN'T get through them, just balls side to side, and with Carragher, Agger, Johnson, He's got the making of a good defense, We just need possibly two left backs to sure it up, and someone to train Insua more

Exactly my point, a lot of think of people think Hodgson will fail and I admit he is too defensive but he can do very well with the likes of Torres and Gerrard at his disposal. I imagine if you keep both of them, you'll see a 4-4-1-1 formation with Gerrard in the hole, very much like the Gera - Zamora partnership which was very successful this season.

I'd rather we just gave him a chance before slagging him off :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back