Roy Hodgson - The 'Contradiction Compilation'

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 4K
To be fair, the owners have been voicing their concern lately, which can only be a good thing, they are not idiots and they can make decisions for themselves.

We without a permanent chief executive, i really don't see a decision being made till one is brought in. I think NESV feel they don't know enough atm. I'd rather they made a decision in the summer, and it be best for the long term and in the interest of the club, than them sack Roy and bring someone as bad in. I'd rather give Roy till the end of the season with the hope he isn't here for the start of next...

We without a permanent chief executive, i really don't see a decision being made till one is brought in. I think NESV feel they don't know enough atm. I'd rather they made a decision in the summer, and it be best for the long term and in the interest of the club, than them sack Roy and bring someone as bad in. I'd rather give Roy till the end of the season with the hope he isn't here for the start of next...

Henry and Werner surely have knowledgable football people giving them advice? If not, I might as well prepare for a season of hoofball eh?

If it was Rafa getting these results he'd be getting torched by the media, Roy is absolutely shocking in the media.

A true fan never hopes for a loss, regardless of person in management or whatever.

Roy is our manager, and as much as I wish he wasn't, he is. So we all should be backing him 100% until his time is up as our manager.

EDIT:
You'd think Roy would have some sort of P.R team telling him what to say etc..

True fan...why cant we get a manager who is true to his word and talk sense, im sure he would get not only my respect, but alot of Liverpool fans respect if he didnt talk utter drivel!!
I back the team, not that person who is incharge. The bloke is so stupid he didnt know where to play meireles. He then slates Shelvey after Northampton game when the press said Shelvey impressed, he said he didnt want to talk about positives. What a great man manager he is. And as for the comment about him never wanting to manage in Norway when speaking to a scandinavian media bod, he is darn right rude and it really is upsetting that we have him as our manage. The only thing he can manage is a good ol' face wub!!

---------- Post added at 04:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 AM ----------

Be prepared to lose the likes of Torres and Reina then. Why would they want to give it another year when we will probably just scrape Europa this season.
You are right in what you say though, it seems like they arent going to rush. But i know who i would rather leave the club. Surely NESV must realise how much money the world class players merchandise sells for worldwide. Im sure they must have looked at shirt sales etc.

Henry and Werner surely have knowledgable football people giving them advice? If not, I might as well prepare for a season of hoofball eh?

Who at the club would be giving them advice? Apart from maybe Kenny, who lets face it, is probably a bit out of touch with modern football?

Be prepared to lose the likes of Torres and Reina then. Why would they want to give it another year when we will probably just scrape Europa this season.
You are right in what you say though, it seems like they arent going to rush. But i know who i would rather leave the club. Surely NESV must realise how much money the world class players merchandise sells for worldwide. Im sure they must have looked at shirt sales etc.

I honestly don't think either will leave, even if we're in the Europa league next season. I think both are very impressed by NESV, and if they see investment (good investment) then i see no reason why they would leave...

Put it this way, a new manager coming in now would probably do more bad than good if we're honest & i don't want a rushed decision being made just because Hodgson is doing ****. I'd rather NESV took their time, and appointed a man in the summer who'll be there for years to come..

Who at the club would be giving them advice? Apart from maybe Kenny, who lets face it, is probably a bit out of touch with modern football?

I wasn't really talking within the club. I was thinking more, friends who know friends who know a bit about football. I don't know though, chances are they don't.

Comolli has been appointed with that remit and sits in on a lot of team stuff. He's also pushed for a bigger role for Kenny in that regard too - Kenny definitely isn't out of touch with modern football. Man's still an encyclopedia of football. Really is. There's also a strong 'Liverpool' element throughout the club in various roles who can comment on team matters. Mr.Hodgson and his 'goalkeeping coach' are becoming deeply unpopular with at least some of those involved in preparing the first team and Mr.Hodgson has had several requests to bring more of his own staff in turned down.

I think they should get a young manager with young idea's, like Guadirola. Roy's too old to change the way he plays his game, they need someone a bit more versatile. I would love to see someone like Holloway get the job personally.

I think they should get a young manager with young idea's, like Guadirola. Roy's too old to change the way he plays his game, they need someone a bit more versatile. I would love to see someone like Holloway get the job personally.

Why on Earth would Pep Guardirola want the liverpool job.

Chris Houghton Anyone though?

Rafa will probably be sacked in the next few weeks, anybody fancy him coming back ;)

Rafa will probably be sacked in the next few weeks, anybody fancy him coming back ;)

Whisper is that Rafa has been preparing to move back to Liverpool for some time now. To live, not to work though. It's believed that his ultimatum this weekend has led to his sacking and that will be announced shortly.

Why on Earth would Pep Guardirola want the liverpool job.

Chris Houghton Anyone though?

Can you read?

I meant someone young and fresh like Guadirola. Someone that can bring them something new.

Can you read?

I meant someone young and fresh like Guadirola. Someone that can bring them something new.

Why dont you name a manager who could do that and is realistic then? It is like me saying Utd need someone like Messi.... not really helpful.

Spalletti, Pellegrini (on the shortlist of three before the appointment of Hodgson), Ville Boas, Deschamps (was on the shortlist of three before the appointment of Hodgson btw), Emery, Rijkaard....

That's a decent shortlist of 'realistic' managers who would jump at a chance to build a dynasty.

I still like him, any chance that he could have taken over a declining side???

Spalletti, Pellegrini (on the shortlist of three before the appointment of Hodgson), Ville Boas, Deschamps (was on the shortlist of three before the appointment of Hodgson btw), Emery, Rijkaard....

That's a decent shortlist of 'realistic' managers who would jump at a chance to build a dynasty.
I'd go for pellegrini. actually no i wouldnt. he might actually do some real good for liverpool, and we cant have that

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

I still like him, any chance that he could have taken over a declining side???
No, hes not been good enough, simple as. you're quick to stick the knife in Benitez, but not Hodgson

i would like Rijkaard as next Manager

Why dont you name a manager who could do that and is realistic then? It is like me saying Utd need someone like Messi.... not really helpful.

Villas Boas/Jurgen Klopp.

I'd go for pellegrini. actually no i wouldnt. he might actually do some real good for liverpool, and we cant have that

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

No, hes not been good enough, simple as. you're quick to stick the knife in Benitez, but not Hodgson

I like Hodgson because there has been no sort of revival at my most hated club thats why. Maybe its just me but i thought Liverpool were poor last season also and i believe can do no wrong Rafa was in charge then wasen't he??

I like Hodgson because there has been no sort of revival at my most hated club thats why. Maybe its just me but i thought Liverpool were poor last season also and i believe can do no wrong Rafa was in charge then wasen't he??

Last season > This season. We have just been awful this season and if it was Rafa who said these things to the press he would have been absolutely tortured. But because its the 'media friendly, wise old owl' that is Roy Hodgson he'd probably get away with murdering a press reporter.

Back