Roy Hodgson - The 'Contradiction Compilation'

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 4K
Spalletti, Pellegrini (on the shortlist of three before the appointment of Hodgson), Ville Boas, Deschamps (was on the shortlist of three before the appointment of Hodgson btw), Emery, Rijkaard....

That's a decent shortlist of 'realistic' managers who would jump at a chance to build a dynasty.

I not too good with Names, so help me out a bit...

Spalletti got saked from roma yeah? So effectively failed in his last job?
Pellegrini thats not a bad shout, yeah he also "Failed" at madrid though? ( Yeah i know, it wasn't really a fail) but got sacked.

Ville Boas i think this dude is Porto manager, why would he leave what he has got at Porto for liverpool.. at this present stage. He is building his own Dynasty over there. The Grass isnt always greener on the other side.

Deschamps. Good manager, good shout

Rijaard- Did he take the Ajax in the end.. And why would you want someone who proved at barca, he has about as much tactical knowledge as a mouse.

Emery_ Valencia yeah? Not a bad shout again.

I

No, hes not been good enough, simple as. you're quick to stick the knife in Benitez, but not Hodgson

Different situations Mike, and you know it. Inter has just won 3 trophies and had the best side in Italy by a country mile. Liverpool finished 7th and are in a decline.

Last season > This season. We have just been awful this season and if it was Rafa who said these things to the press he would have been absolutely tortured. But because its the 'media friendly, wise old owl' that is Roy Hodgson he'd probably get away with murdering a press reporter.

I see no difference in the Liverpool from last season if im honest.

Villas Boas will stay in Porto at least until the end of the season ... dont dream boys ;)

Last season > This season. We have just been awful this season and if it was Rafa who said these things to the press he would have been absolutely tortured. But because its the 'media friendly, wise old owl' that is Roy Hodgson he'd probably get away with murdering a press reporter.

But to be fair,

Last season Affects this season in a lot of ways... They aren't independent of one anothers. Your cash supply wass **** because of last season failure to qualify for the champs league, You had to lose Masherano. and lower you wage bill, Yossi left for next to nothing.( 5 million is a sshit deal) but you needed to make the cash froms somewhere.

Ville Boas i think this dude is Porto manager, why would he leave what he has got at Porto for liverpool.. at this present stage. He is building his own Dynasty over there. The Grass isnt always greener on the other side.

There's only so much of a dynasty you can build with Porto. They won the Champions League in 03/04, as high as you can get. They haven't done a great deal since. Or you can join Liverpool with new owners etc and build a dynasty there. I know which I'd rather, and any non-biased fan would agree.

Why are you going mad over Villas Boas??? He has only just started his manageial carear??

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Surely it would be a massive huge gamble.

There's only so much of a dynasty you can build with Porto. They won the Champions League in 03/04, as high as you can get. They haven't done a great deal since. Or you can join Liverpool with new owners etc and build a dynasty there. I know which I'd rather, and any non-biased fan would agree.

liverpool won it in 2005 though. Surely he wants to get to that stage, before he leaves. He has been liked to Mourinho, Surely he wants all of Jose Accodales before he leaves.

"The Grass isnt always greener on the other side" That makes sense to me, when refering to him( and he could be inline to replace SAF, so hands off)

I'd go for pellegrini. actually no i wouldnt. he might actually do some real good for liverpool, and we cant have that

He'd have been my pick too - but it seems fairly obvious now that the part of the board making the decision at the time were looking for a short-term appointment who'd get the media 'onside' and stay out of any conflicts with the owners while the board room war was fought out.

I don't know. Think Hodgson will be here til the summer and then decide that he wants some time out from the game to prepare for the England job. Mid-season is an appalling time to go looking for a new, permanent manager. And I really don't want Kenny at the helm - media hated him enough last time round, goodness knows what Sky'll make of him XD Actually, thinking about it... Kenny might be a good idea...

Why are you going mad over Villas Boas??? He has only just started his manageial carear??

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Surely it would be a massive huge gamble.

Huge gamble worth taking.

He'd have been my pick too - but it seems fairly obvious now that the part of the board making the decision at the time were looking for a short-term appointment who'd get the media 'onside' and stay out of any conflicts with the owners while the board room war was fought out.

I don't know. Think Hodgson will be here til the summer and then decide that he wants some time out from the game to prepare for the England job. Mid-season is an appalling time to go looking for a new, permanent manager. And I really don't want Kenny at the helm - media hated him enough last time round, goodness knows what Sky'll make of him XD Actually, thinking about it... Kenny might be a good idea...
Surely Roy must have known he'd be the fall guy, its not like it wasnt somewhat obvious at the beginning. And I will weep if he gets the England job. I would rather have Harry "Tactics arent that important" Redknapp

I not too good with Names, so help me out a bit...

Spalletti got saked from roma yeah? So effectively failed in his last job?

Check out St.Petersburg and why he got sacked at Roma. He's a decent manager. Adventurous and willing to take a gamble. Think he'll be going to Inter if he wants it.

Pellegrini thats not a bad shout, yeah he also "Failed" at madrid though? ( Yeah i know, it wasn't really a fail) but got sacked.

You fail for even suggesting he failed in inverted commas ;)

It's early in his career for sure, but Porto have been unrecognisable under him. Worth a punt if you're after a young manager who has it all to prove.

Deschamps. Good manager, good shout

Think he'd do a decent job for a number of teams.

Rijaard- Did he take the Ajax in the end.. And why would you want someone who proved at barca, he has about as much tactical knowledge as a mouse.

He set the stage for Guardiola whilst winning 2 La Liga's and a CL - not bad for someone with no tactical knowledge.

Emery_ Valencia yeah? Not a bad shout again.

Similar thoughts about him as those on Ville Boas.

You fail for even suggesting he failed in inverted commas ;)

It's early in his career for sure, but Porto have been unrecognisable under him. Worth a punt if you're after a young manager who has it all to prove.

He set the stage for Guardiola whilst winning 2 La Liga's and a CL - not bad for someone with no tactical knowledge.

I know he didnt fail, hence the inverted commas, just your looking at managers who have been sacked, which isn't "liverpool" standards.

I have said it before and i say it again, what has liverpooll got to offer which porto doesn't

He had Ronaldinho, Deco and Eto, thats what won him trophies. The cash supply of buying ready made world class stars

I know he didnt fail, hence the inverted commas, just your looking at managers who have been sacked, which isn't "liverpool" standards.

I'm just looking at managers who've earned my respect over the past few seasons and who play in a way which I'd like to see at Anfield again. They've all also shown glimpses of managerial ability beyond the norm in my view.

I have said it before and i say it again, what has liverpooll got to offer which porto doesn't

I don't know Scott - why would a manager leave a team challenging for domestic honours regularly for another in a different country which has only a couple of cup wins in a few decades? Mind, Liverpool at least haven't been relegated during that time (6)

He had Ronaldinho, Deco and Eto, thats what won him trophies. The cash supply of buying ready made world class stars

Hmmm, I could lay that accusation at any number of managers. And some of them still failed to win a CL, let alone a league. How was Ferguson doing at Old Trafford before the PLC money got thrown his way and he went out and smashed a few British transfer records?

I don't know Scott - why would a manager leave a team challenging for domestic honours regularly for another in a different country which has only a couple of cup wins in a few decades? Mind, Liverpool at least haven't been relegated during that time (6)

Hmmm, I could lay that accusation at any number of managers. And some of them still failed to win a CL, let alone a league. How was Ferguson doing at Old Trafford before the PLC money got thrown his way and he went out and smashed a few British transfer records?

I take it, your first post is a little dig at fergie coming to us, simple answer, managers get time now, it took fergie a lot time to get the team he wanted, but he was allowed to. Whilst now a days they arent.

You want to try and compare franks achievements with Fergies........ I dont know, Fergie broke a few british transfer records in what the early 2000s. but he also brought through, and nurished the talents of players of the golden generation..... lets be honest here, fergie only had that money once he made Utd attractive again and brought us up from the gutter, partly through luck yees, with them youngsters coming through, but as proven you need to look after them youngsters perfectly, and there must be a reason theey all ended up playing EPL football for a long time.

Big fan of Spalletti. Versatile, flexible and attacking manager who is pioneering the use of no-striker formations. I realise that "attacking" and "no-striker formations" may sound like a bit of an oxymoron, but I assure you it isn't. It worked **** well with Roma: Totti dropped deep, Vucinic cut in from the left and exploited the space left behind.

This probably wouldn't work with 'Pool though. I'm just waxing lyrical about no-striker formations 'cause I like them. :$

I take it, your first post is a little dig at fergie coming to us, simple answer, managers get time now, it took fergie a lot time to get the team he wanted, but he was allowed to. Whilst now a days they arent.

You want to try and compare franks achievements with Fergies........ I dont know, Fergie broke a few british transfer records in what the early 2000s. but he also brought through, and nurished the talents of players of the golden generation..... lets be honest here, fergie only had that money once he made Utd attractive again and brought us up from the gutter, partly through luck yees, with them youngsters coming through, but as proven you need to look after them youngsters perfectly, and there must be a reason theey all ended up playing EPL football for a long time.

The gutter you're referring to being taking the team that Atkinson had challenging for the league and winning the FA Cup below mid-table? That's a fairly impressive drag - yo-yo like even. If you don't know the history of your own club, of your own manager, what makes you qualified to talk about mine Scott? There's a decent history of MUFC from the beginning to the Glazer takeover on Redcafe. Can't be bothered finding it, but well worth a read.

Ferguson's achievement at your club was to take a club with a decent base and with requisite funding on a twenty year domestic tour-de-force in spite of it being a bag of rags for the decades when our old captain Busby wandered your boardroom like a vengeful ghost cursing his successors.

The point I'm making is that you're being ridiculous about playing down Rijkaard's achievements, just as I would be ridiculous if I played down Fergusons solely on a financial basis.

And you're being just as ridiculous over some of the other small time point scoring you're trying to make mate.

The gutter you're referring to being taking the team that Atkinson had challenging for the league and winning the FA Cup below mid-table? That's a fairly impressive drag - yo-yo like even. If you don't know the history of your own club, of your own manager, what makes you qualified to talk about mine Scott? There's a decent history of MUFC from the beginning to the Glazer takeover on Redcafe. Can't be bothered finding it, but well worth a read.

Ferguson's achievement at your club was to take a club with a decent base and with requisite funding on a twenty year domestic tour-de-force in spite of it being a bag of rags for the decades when our old captain Busby wandered your boardroom like a vengeful ghost cursing his successors.

The point I'm making is that you're being ridiculous about playing down Rijkaard's achievements, just as I would be ridiculous if I played down Fergusons solely on a financial basis.

And you're being just as ridiculous over some of the other small time point scoring you're trying to make mate.

Still, What has Liverpool, got at this current time, which Porto hasn't. you talking about 20 odd years ago means nothing in this current times....

I simply say, it is no wonder Rijark hasn't had another top job since.....

Still, What has Liverpool, got at this current time, which Porto hasn't. you talking about 20 odd years ago means nothing in this current times....

I simply say, it is no wonder Rijark hasn't had another top job since.....

1. Weve got probably the best support in the world
2. New ambitious owners who want to take the club forward and take us back to the top.
3. Were in the best league in the world
4. We have great players that a team can be built around

Who wouldn't want that oppurtunity? Most managers about now will have loved watching Liverpool play and will have had great memories of watching us play at our prime.

Back