View attachment 228622
Season 1 - Begins

March Update

"Here we are" I told the guys. "You know what I expect from all of you! I want to see you all work until the final whistle, anyone switches off and you're out! I have plenty of players who will gladly step in and do a job for me."

I then took a moment..."In saying that, I believe you all have what it takes to push us high up the table this season...now go out there and show the fans!"

View attachment 228621

League

We start our league campaign at home to Waterford. A tough team who will be looking towards promotion this season. I'm hoping my long ball tactic has enough about it to give us a chance.

View attachment 228620

What a start for Cobh Ramblers!

Waterford Utd
Fantastic win against Waterford, we came back from 2 nil down to secure a 4-3 win. Conor Meade scored a hat trick on his league debut along with Rocks also getting his goals. Along with both strikers scoring, they also assisted a goal each.

Galway Utd

We threw away this game by conceding in the 90th minute! I was fuming...I near pulled my beard off. USELESS GOALKEEPING...ABSOLUTELY DIABOLICAL!!

I was soo annoyed I dropped him for Hickey, our backup goalkeeper.

Finn Harps

Great win for us against the the Harps! Conor Meade once again showing his worth. Our right winger McCarthy scored a nice rebounder.

Shamrock Rovers B

Another 3 yellow cards for the second game running, I genuinely dont mind as long as it prevents the other team scoring and we pick up the win. Our playmaker Waters getting in on the action with a goal and an assist.

Munster Senior Cup Qtr Final
View attachment 228615
View attachment 228614
View attachment 228613

We advance through to the Semi-finals of the Munster cup. It took us to extra time and 3 injuries before we came away with the win thanks to 2 goals from McCarthy was moved up front to replace the injured Kynan Rocks.

Summary
Fantastic month, we won 3/4 in the league and managed to progress to the semi-finals of the Munster Cup.

Although in saying that, we have managed to pick up 8 yellow cards in just 5 games which the fans might not like to see!

From watching each of the games on the side of the pitch, I have played witness to how the teams so far cant handle the long ball with a pacey striker. Our players simply pump the ball just beyond Meade who then, with his pace, out runs the defenders to the ball before shooting or passing across to Rocks.

Although I have also noticed how in the lower leagues that strikers usually need 3/4 clear-cut chances before they manage to score which can be extremely frustrating!

Cobh Ramblers POTM
View attachment 228612
Conor Meade
4 goals in 4 league games

Meade gets my first POTM award thanks to his 4 goals in the first 4 league games including an opening day hat-trick to Waterford.

Last edited:
View attachment 228448
Player Talk

After Browne's terrible performance against Galway I was fuming! I wanted him to know that! So I called him into the office for a bollocking...

View attachment 228446
View attachment 228445

If that's how you feel about it...you can stay on the sidelines and watch!!

Hickey will remain the starting goalkeeper for now.

View attachment 228442

Some may feel this treatment is unfair but I need all players to play at a high level consistently if we are to do anything of any significance this season. We cant be having individuals making errors as it costs us points.

View attachment 228449
Season 1

April Update

After an impressive start the the season I was keen for the boy's heads not to drop!

Consistency is the key to success.

We have a chance to progress to the final of the Munster Cup if we can somehow overcome Limerick!

View attachment 228441

League

We have a hard month ahead of us in the league with the likes of Waterford and Shelbourne to be played away from home.

Shelbourne
View attachment 228439
We managed to race into a 2 goal lead thanks to goals from out 2 strikers, Meade and Rocks.

They managed to score in the 68th minute but we held on for a 2-1 win.

Wexford Youths
View attachment 228436
We dominated a young Wexford side thanks to a second half hat trick from Kynan Rocks.

Unfortunately we suffered our first big injury this season with Waters coming off.
Waters has been ruled out from 8+ weeks with strained knee ligaments which is a big loss to the side!

Longford
View attachment 228434
Two shots on target, two goals. Meade and Goldsmith giving us the 3 points.

It must be mentioned how well out defence played with O'Connoll and McCarthy having to work extra hard after Murphy's red card!

Waterford
View attachment 228432
This was definitely a fiesty contest with 6 yellow cards given, O'Connell picking up 2 resulting in a red.

The match ended a draw with Rocks get out goal on the 89th minute.

For the second game running now we have had a player red carded. My tactic is risky as players are asked to dive in but so far the results are coming...unfortunately so are the cards and suspensions!

Munster Senior Cup Semi Final

Limerick FC
View attachment 228430
View attachment 228429

-Quite an even game with both teams having 7 shots throughout the match.
-Possession near even.

We were just more clinical in front of goal with Shine getting his first goal for the club.

For the 3rd game running now we have a player sent off..

Summary

Another fantastic month for Cobh Ramblers and the fans are going crazy! We sit top of the table after 8 games and we are unbeaten. Hopefully we can keep this up for another while yet.

Worrying that in 3 games straight a player has been sent off...we are still getting the results needed but eventually we are going to run out of eligible players.

Cobh Ramblers POTM
View attachment 228428
Kynan Rocks
4 Games 5 Goals

Rocks takes the 2nd award of the season with a great display in front of goal with a return of over a goal a game.

View attachment 228426
Injury Table

The end of April arrives and we take a look at the injury table..

View attachment 228425

First we see that our NUMBER 2 goalkeeper is injured....kind of suspicious that he was injured after our meeting.
I'm saying nothing!!

Waters is a player I need back in the team badly. I've still another 6 weeks to wait for him to be ready to play again!
Another big injury in midfield before Waters comes back could spell disaster for us!​

Last edited:
Right i was starting to like this story up until you beat Limerick! How could you

Nothing wrong with being hard on the players, no half measures from Keano!

View attachment 228333
League Table
View attachment 228332

Two months in and we sit top of the table after playing 8 games, winning 2 and drawing 2 which leaves us in an unbeaten state.

Things have been going great this season but we have to continue to play at a high level especially next month when we have the content with 2 suspensions, Darren Murphy our Ball winner and McCarthy our main centre back. Along with suspensions we are also missing Waters, our Playmaker who is out injured for the 6 weeks.

If we can stay injury free this month we should hopefully be ok.

Munster Cup
View attachment 228331

After overcoming a resiliant side in Limerick(Sorry Coolmcool) we now face our rivals Cork in the final of the Munster Senior Cup.

I am not expecting anything to be honest. Cork are the much bigger team but who knows!

Senior Challenge Cup
View attachment 228328

We play Waterford in the 2nd round of the Senior Challenge Cup, we are expected to reach the 3rd round so 1 more win and we have at least hit the board expectation.

Irish League Cup
View attachment 228327

The board does not care about this competition but lets see if we can go on a run in it. The league is most important this season but it would be nice to get at least one piece of silverware this season.

View attachment 228325
Season 1

May Update

Extreme busy this month as we play 5 first division matches along with participating in the Senior and League cup games.

I also have to contend with 2 suspensions to key players and an injury to a key player so this month will be interesting!

View attachment 228312

League

I am expecting wins agaisnt Shamrock Rovers B and Wexford Youths! The team know what I expect from them and they better go out and do it.

Finn Harps
View attachment 228306
Another sending off! Although by this stage we were already 2-1 down so I can accept that.

I am still furious with the loss...11 shots and only 1 on target..I'm not used to lower league quality!

Galway Utd
View attachment 228298
After a bollocking at the end of the last game, the guys went out tonight and recorded a 5-1 win. After dropping Kynan for Halloran, he scores a hat trick.

4 more yellow cards...If I win anything this year it will be the most Yellow/Reds in a season.

Shamrock Rovers B
View attachment 228296
Another win against Shamrock Rovers, which was expected!

Wexford Youths
View attachment 228291
After Halloran failed to score in the last game, Kynan was restored to the starting lineup.

Kynan repays the faith with a goal along with assisting Meade's goal.

Shelbourne
View attachment 228293
What the FU*K kind of performance was that!! 5-0 is unacceptable!

There will be harsh words exchanged tomorrow!

League Cup Round 2

Longford
View attachment 228285
View attachment 228288
View attachment 228287

11 shots and only 2 on target...I guess I have to get used to this lower league football.

We were beaten by a more clinical team.

Senior Challenge Cup Round 2

Waterford Utd

View attachment 228284
View attachment 228283
View attachment 228282

Just like that we are put out of 2 cup competitions!

If anything, my players are just even more fatigued now..

17 shots...3 on target? Meh, they will improve.

Summary

We recorded our 1st loss this month...and our 2nd, 3rd and 4th!

I will have to get used to the lack of finishing in the final third from teams in the lower leagues. 17 shots and only 2 on target is not something to be proud of.

Injuries and fatigue are forcing me to play my backup players more than I'd like to.

Cobh Ramblers POTM
View attachment 228279
Darren Murphy

With our strikers misfiring this month the award was able to be given to a player who has played well throughout the season.

Murphy in his 10 appearances, in a ball winning role, has scored 2 goals. He has put in a lot of key tackles to break up play allowing for the team to regroup.

View attachment 228278

Interesting statistics so far..

After gathering all the notes/data from the staff and compiling all the information, I have now a complete collection of interesting statistics which will give me a better idea of where we stand and what needs improved upon in the coming months.

Goals
View attachment 228277

Lets start with goals.

We may be still sticking top of the league despite last month's poor form BUT we are way off the pace in terms of how many goals our strikers are getting us!

Chris Hope is unstoppable at the moment with 15 goals whereas Rocks is our highest scorer with 8.

Key Passes
View attachment 228276

Now we move onto something more positive.

We top the table in the number of key passes with 3 of our players in the top 5!

Darren Murphy showing why he won last month's POTM, leading the pack with 37 key passes.

Conor Meade may not be in the top 5 in terms of goals but he is certainly providing the key passes allowing Rocks to score more.

Distance Covered
View attachment 228275

Our 2 wingers top the table for the distance covered over 90 minutes!

That work rate is top notch.

Yellow/Red Cards
View attachment 228274

This is no surprise..

We dominate the table with most yellow and red cards so far in this division.

26 yellow cards and 4 read cards already...and we are only just about half way through the season.

Eventually these suspensions are going to catch up with us....!!!!

View attachment 228271

Key Player returns from lengthy lay off..

View attachment 228270

I am pleased that our key playmaker Waters returns from an 8 week injury.

We have missed his presence in midfield.

Hopefully with him back we can steady the ship now, after losing 4 games last month!

View attachment 228268
Season 1

June Update

I'm excited to get this month underway; we have Waters back now who will slot straight back into midfield.

Our squad is basically injury free now which has us all in high spirits, time to push on and steady the ship after a rocky month of May.

We face Cork in the final of the Munster Cup this month which has the fans excited, lets hope we can bring home the cup.

View attachment 228267

League

We only play twice in the league this month which is great, my players could use a rest.

We have 2 tough games in Longford and Waterford Utd, we'll have to be at out best to pick up much needed wins.

Longford
View attachment 228266
We kick of the the month in the league with a win over Longford. Meade getting on the score sheet along with Murphy who has reacted positively to the POTM award.

We add another 5 yellow cards our ever growing collection..

Waterford Utd
View attachment 228264

A boring game for the neutrals as we draw blanks with Waterford.

We didn't manage a yellow card though, which is....different.

Munster Senior Cup Final

View attachment 228258
View attachment 228260
View attachment 228259

Browne has been restored to the starting line-up.

Meade picked up a small knock before the game which meant I had to slot Halloran into the starting line up.

It took us until extra time before we managed to take the win.

Massive massive win over our rivals!

Unfortunately Waters broke down again and had to be replaced along with Goldsmith..hopefully they are not out for long.

Summary

Great month for Cobh Ramblers!

We pipe Cork to the Munster Cup which ecstatic.

I am crossing my fingers that Waters isn't out for another long length of time..

Cobh Ramblers POTM
View attachment 228248
Darren Murphy
3 Games 2 Goals

Darren wins the POTM award for the 2nd month running after some impressive defensive work along with scoring 2 goals from midfield this month including the the Munster Cup winner over Cork.

Last edited:
View attachment 228239
League Table
View attachment 228238

It is unbelievable, after 3 months we are still sitting top!

Although we have been starting to slip lately, we have now lost 2 games and drawn 3.

I believe the tactic has worked wonders in this division...the team is good but nothing special compared to a few other teams in this division, so it must be the tactics.

Munster Cup
View attachment 228231

We managed to beat cork in a tense match that went all the way to extra time!

Murphy scored the winner for us to lift the trophy.

League Cup & Challenge Cup

We were swiftly put out of both cups thanks to Waterford and Longford, in the second round of each.

View attachment 228229
Change in Season Expectations

View attachment 228227

As we now sit top of the table as we approach the Summer Transfer window, the board have offered me the change to change the season expectations.

I have decided to gamble and promise that we will get promotion this season, which can be got through play-offs. I dont see us falling that far down the table unless something goes horribly wrong.

This now gives us another £300 p/w in wages to strength the team.

View attachment 228228

I could use another CB as McCarthy's fitness keeps letting him down. A big injury there and we are screwed.

Another playmaker to cover for Waters would be a good shout, as he has been injured a lot this season.

In regards to strikers and such, I think we will be fine.

View attachment 228226
Season 1

July Update

Now that all the cups are out of the way, we can concentrate on just the league.

Waters and Goldsmith didn't sustain and heavy injury after the last game so they are free to play.

View attachment 228225

League

Hoping for at least 2 wins from this month, Shamrock Rovers B and Wexford Youths.

Galway Utd
View attachment 228224
Rocks managed to level the match with a well taken shot in the 69th minute.

Conor Meade was taken off with a torn calf muscle..5 Months. I'm screwed.

Shamrock Rovers B
View attachment 228222
After the long term injury to Meade..we signed a young striker on free transfer Fitzpatrick. (I'll be doing a transfer update after this)

Fitzy scored on his debut!

Another key injury! Graham McCarthy, our main winger is out for 4 weeks now!

Finn Harps
View attachment 228220
Rocks and Fitzy combine well for a 2 -1 win over Finn Harps.

Wexford Youths
View attachment 228218

After fantastic display by our new striker Fitzy. He scored a brace for us to come away with a draw.

Summary

We won 2 and drew 2 this month which is what I expected.

Unfortunately we have lost 2 key players for the next 4 months!

Meade and McCarthy will not return for the remainder of the season it seems!

Cobh Ramblers POTM
View attachment 228216
Fitzpatrick
3 Games 4 Goals

We brought Fitzy in to cover for Meade's absence but he has impressed beyond belief with 4 goals in only his first 3 games.

Last edited:
View attachment 228215
Injury Table

View attachment 228214

We could be in big trouble!

Our best striker at the club, Conor Meade, has been laid out for remainder of the season (4months).

Graham McCarthy our Right Winger has also been laid out 4 weeks.

Bhandarkar, a versitile, backup has made a total of 18 appearances this season in CB and CM positions, so he is used a lot. Well he wont be used again this season unfortunately.

View attachment 228213
Transfers

I brought in 4 players during this window, all on free transfers. They should hopefully add further depth to the club amid the club's injury crisis.

View attachment 228212

Danny Fitzpatrick
View attachment 228211
After the big injury blow to Meade, I had to move quickly in bringing in a replacement on.

Fitzy who was briefly introduced during the July update.

He has the pace and dribbling to really add something to our team for the rest of the season.

Gary Kelly
View attachment 228210

This signing was purely based on the fact that Waters has been injured quite frequently. Kelly can also play out on the left wing and can cover Goldsmith.

(Kenny would usually cover goldsmith but he has been moved to right wing to play in place of the injured Graham McCarthy.

Robin Dempsey
View attachment 228208
Dempsey has been brought in at centre back to cover any injuries or suspensions that fall upon Brian McCarthy and O'Connell.

I am also hoping he'll push on and try to claim a starting 11 position.

Conor Whittle
Whittle has been brought in to cover Frahill at right back. I dont expect he will get much playing time unless a big injury hits Frahill and his backup.

I did try and sign the divisions leading scorer, Chris Hope from Waterford.

View attachment 228202

What a player, could really add something to our strike force...approach to sign

View attachment 228200

Not a chance..

It was the same for a few other high scoring strikers in this division.

Apparently Cobh Ramblers are too small a team.

Last edited:
View attachment 228205
Season 1

August Update

After strengthening our team thanks to big injury hits to key players, we are now ready to fight through a busy August in which we have 5 games this month.

View attachment 228199

League

I am looking forward to getting revenge against Shelbourne after that humiliating 5-0 loss them a few months back.

Longford
View attachment 228193
First game of the month and we fall to Longford.

Fitzy continuing his impressive goal scoring.

We only managed 6 shots to their 19..

Shelbourne
View attachment 228189
Boom! Take that YA CU*TS!!

Some revenge after that 5-0 thrashing.

Although sickening that our other 2 strikers have went off injured!

Rocks out for 9 days..

Waterford Utd
View attachment 228186
Somehow we come away 3-2 winners even with only one proper striker on the pitch

Murphy and Creamer come off after taking knocks.

Galway
View attachment 228183
Another win even with our injury plight!

Fitzy goes off injured for the 2nd time this month.

Fitzy out for 1 month!

Shamrock Rovers B
View attachment 228181

Once again we beat Shamrock Rovers B...I'm sure the A team will destroy me, next season, if we get promoted this season!

Kynan marks his return with a goal.

Summary

4 wins out of 5 in the league this season!

Unfortunately we have lost Fitzy to injury for the next month.

Cobh Ramblers POTM
View attachment 228179
Stephen Kenny
4 games 1 goal 3 assists

Kenny has been fighting with Goldsmith on the Left wing for a starting position. When our right winger McCarthy got injured Kenny has got a lot more game time. He wrapped this month up with 1 goal and 3 assists.

View attachment 228178
Injury Table

View attachment 228177

The injuries are starting to pile up!

Meade is still 3 months away from returning, Fitzy his backup has also been hit by injury and will be out for 1 month.

Bhandarkar is still 3 months away from returning to the first team fold, we are missing his versatility.

Creamer, has been forced up front after the Fitzy injury and he managed to get injured in his first match, he'll be out for around 6 weeks.