You can donate your champions league winnings to the club if I win it to help the finances about a grand if I recall

If I don't though you lose more than your transfer budget

Haha true that! I'll be minus 7 quid! Can't be at that.

View attachment 227359
Season 2

Preseason - Team Meeting

I returned from a few weeks holiday to meet up with the team and discuss the season ahead. After the success of last season, it is crucial that we dont go backwards. So the aims for this season will be:

-Avoid Relegation

-Avoid Relegation

-Avoid Relegation

With having no transfer budget and already £300 over our wage budget there is no chance of getting any quality players in. Therefore avoiding relegation is all that we can do this season, it is unrealistic to expect much else.

View attachment 227340

Speaking to the guys today, it was clear they were all on board my train of thought.
I'm hoping this helps us as the season goes on.

View attachment 227339

With us stepping into the 2015 season I am aware that most of our player's contracts expire at the end of the season, I'll be looking to tie down the key players while allowing any fringe players to move on and free up the wages....players will have the season to impress me enough for a new contract.

Next on the To-Do List..

Next on the agenda is to have a look at the market and see who we can convince to sign on amateur terms to help improve the team. I will only be making signings that I feel will genuinely contribute to the club this season.

View attachment 227122

Roy Keane Signs new terms...

View attachment 227120

I am extremely pleased to have signed a new contract with Cobh Ramblers!

The team played extremely well last season, listening to my every instruction, getting promoted to the Premier division along with stuffing rivals Cork City in the final of the Munster Senior Cup.

I believe I can take this team to the top of the premier division in the coming seasons! I want to aim for Europe...it would be an amazing achievement if we could get into the group stages!

View attachment 227170

Season 2

Transfers

So the board approached not long after signing a new contract in early December with the news that they would be offering a big increase to the wages, meaning that there was a chance we could nab one quality player during this window.

With that in mind, I knew the position I wanted to improve in quality...defence. I would look to bring in a quality central defender as we step up in this division we need to ensure we dont ship in too many goals if we hope to avoid relegation.

View attachment 227135

With that additional wages made available, I shift 90% into transfer budget giving us about £170K which I spent to bring in Cantwell...some people wont agree with this as the club is currently struggling financially but they made the money available and I will take what I can to get the team performing as well as possible.

So lets introduce the new players...

Kilian Cantwell - Central Defender
Fee: £160k
View attachment 227132

Dont let his name fool you, he can defend well...I know that was ****, good night folks I'm done. Anyway back on point, Kilian was acquired from Galway after impressing our one and only scout. I was shown footage and within 60 seconds I knew I wanted to sign him. He took some convincing to join, he asked for £250 a week but with his attributes and his young ages, he could go on to be a key player for years to come at the club.

Evan Finnegan - Left Back
Fee: FREE
View attachment 227129

Finnegan was snapped up on a free transfer from Wexford youths. He is a natural left back who has pace, can tackle, dribble and cross the ball. He will play backup to O'Connor this season.

Although I am currently tinkering with the set up and may move O'Connor to Left midfield which would make Finnegan the first choice left back.

Preston Kelly - Right Back
View attachment 227127

Kelly is a natural right back who has plenty of pace, can mark and tackle along with having great work rate! He will battle with Frahill for the starting right back position.

At the end of the first season I also moved to bring in a new striker for the start of the new season. With a long term injury to Conor Meade, I cant be sure he will ever reach the heights he was at before the injury..his stats have dropped considerably.

View attachment 227019

Enter the new striker...

Michael Rafter - Striker
View attachment 227020

Rafter is a young striker who has pace in abundance, he can finish and has the composure to score in the top division, we just need to feed him.

I'm hoping that Rafter and Rocks can form a great partnership this season!

Cantwell is a huge gamble... I spent a huge chunk of money that the club doesn't necessarily have to sign a quality central defender in the hopes we dont ship in too many goals. If we avoid relegation then I'll consider it a success....otherwise, I am screwed.

Last edited:
£160k on one player what happened to 26 pounds? did the board win the lottery?

Big gamble hope it pays off

£160k on one player what happened to 26 pounds? did the board win the lottery?

Big gamble hope it pays off

Haha I was shocked but I'm no going to complain. He looks a quality player for Cobh Ramblers...I'm screwed if he doesn't play well though.

View attachment 227017

Season 2

Tactics

I have decided to stick with the same 4-4-2 formation as last season along with the long ball approach!

I wont be using another formation this season...depending on whether I'm playing a big or small team in the league I'll adjust the tactical approach but it will always be the same 4-4-2 formation.

We will see, come the end of the season, if that was a bad thing or not.

View attachment 227016

GK - Defend

LB/RB - Full Back Automatic

CD - Both on Defend

LM/RM - Wingers Attack

CM - Ball winner & Playmaker combo

ST - Poacher and Advanced forward

View attachment 227008

Season 2

Injury Table

View attachment 227002Conor Meade is welcomed back with open arms, we have definitely missed him for the past 4 months. Unfortunately his stats have deteriorated a little but I'm hoping he can pick himself back up and do a job for us this season.

View attachment 227006

I am extremely pleased to be able to announce that we have currently none of the first team players out injured!

We are definitely ready for preseason now.

Last edited:
View attachment 227014

Season 2

Preseason

I am looking forward to giving the lads a run out and being able to see how the new signings perform in competitive action for the club.

We only played 2 friendly games this preseason, against Cork City and Shamrock Rovers. Depending on how the players perform, I may be making big changes to the startling 11 this season.

View attachment 227013

Preseason went extremely well!

We won both of our games against bigger teams which is great but it would have been a lot better if we didn't concede in both games.

Kynan Rocks scoring in both games, great for him to get off to a flying start...we are going to need his goals this season. Our new signing Rafter managed to get off the mark in the second preseason game.

With preseason now behind us and I've had a chance to see everyone in action, I'll be announcing my starting 11 soon..

View attachment 226997

Season 2

Starting 11

After being able to watch the guys and the new signings in action over the few preseason games, I am able to choose my starting 11 with confidence.

View attachment 226987

GK - Browne. This is where we are weakest in the squad. We just dont have any fund to bring in any better at the moment, maybe next season
View attachment 226984

DL/DR - O'Connor has been shifted to ML and therefore new signing Finnegan takes the LB position. RB is filled by our new signing Kelly.
View attachment 226977 View attachment 226976

DC - O'Connell retains the starting CD position this season. New signing Cantwell takes the other starting CB position.
View attachment 226975 View attachment 226974

LM/RM - O'Connor has been moved up to LM whilst Kenny has been given the RM starting position after impressing during McCarthy's injury at the end of last season.
View attachment 226973 View attachment 226972

CM - Murphy retains his ball winning role while Waters remains our key playmaker for another season. Rowlands and Kelly will play backup.
View attachment 226971 View attachment 226970

ST - Rocks retains the starting poacher role for this season. New signing Rafter will play beside Rocks after impressing in preseason, I will be expecting goals from these guys! Meade and Fitzy will play backup and fight for a starting place.
View attachment 226968 View attachment 226965

Last edited:
View attachment 226963

Season 2

League Schedule

View attachment 226960
View attachment 226959

Our second game of the season is against Shamrock Rovers. I think Shamrock Rovers will be looking to trashing us this season after kicking their B team's ***, consistently, last season.

Their isn't even many 'easy' games that I can see from this schedule...all teams are going to be difficult. This will definitely be our toughest season yet!

View attachment 226957

Season 2 - Begins

March Update

Here we go! My second season in charge and we are competing in the Premier division. Time to show everyone what we are made of, although I am aware that we wont be tanking the league this season...I just want to see some heart and determination from my guys.

View attachment 226954

League

We start the league season off with an away match with Bohemians before playing Shamrock Rovers away also. Sligo and Limerick will then be welcomed in 2 home games in the month of March.

Bohemians
View attachment 226953
We fell down 1-0 before the break. Great reaction for us to come back and score! Rafter scored on his debut from the club.

Shamrock Rovers
View attachment 226951
Rafter scored 2 in 2 so far!

Shamrocks were all over us and we finally collapsed and conceded towards the end.

Still unbeaten so far this season though.

Sligo Rovers
View attachment 226949
Great result from the guys to get our first win of the season!!

We get back to our love for bookings by picking up 4 yellow cards against Sligo.

Limerick F.C
View attachment 226946
Boring match for the neutrals..0-0

Munster Senior Cup Qtr Final

Limerick F.C
View attachment 226942
View attachment 226944
View attachment 226943
Limerick get their revenge from last season by knocking us out in the Qtr Final.

So much for defending our title.

League Cup 1st Round

Wexford Youths
View attachment 226941
View attachment 226940
View attachment 226939

Frustrating to lose to Wexford Youths. Worse to lose in extra time, our team is fatigued for no reason.

Rocks and Meade score well taken goals.

Gery Kelly Injured AGAIN! This fool is always injured!!

Summary

We have started off positively in the league with 3 draws and 1 win.

We were SH*T in the cups!!! Words will be had!!!

Cobh Ramblers POTM
View attachment 226938
Michael Rafter
3 games - 2 goals

Rafter has made a great start to his time with the Ramblers with 2 goals in 3 games. I am looking forward to him scoring more in the coming month.

Last edited:
Unlucky in the cup games, least it allows you to concentrate fully on the league!

View attachment 226862
Keano remains calm...for once!

View attachment 226861

The media asking all sorts of questions trying to provoke me and get a reaction...but why should I blow my top? We are currently unbeaten in the league and above the relegation zone as planned.

I am happy with the team at the moment, we just need to start scoring more.

Though if our fortunes go downhill over the next few months, I'm not so I will be able to contain the beast within!

View attachment 226860
Season 2

April Update

After starting well in the league this season it is important that we try and keep this form going as long as possible because once this rich vein of form ends we will struggle! These league is no walk in the park.

View attachment 226856

This is a busy month for us in the league as we play the 5 games. a few huge tests for us including facing Derry City!!

U.C.D
View attachment 226853
Our first loss of the new season, thanks to U.C.D. We had more possession and shots but just couldn't convert our chances!

Longford
View attachment 226851
First sending off of the season as Kenny goes in for 2 rash challenges!

We had 4 chances on target but Longford's keeper was outstanding.

Derry City
View attachment 226849 Another loss is recorded but I was expecting this...it is the Giants Derry after all!

Rafter scores our first goal of the month but that does nothing to help us.

Bray Wanderers
View attachment 226847 3 injuries doesn't help us today!

Waters went off injured and was replaced by Kelly...who got injured within minutes AGAIN!!

Kelly keeps getting injured! Starting to get frustrating!!

St. Pat's Athletic
View attachment 226845
Yes!

We get our first win of the month!!

Rocks was dropped to poor form, Meade steps in and scores and assists Rafters goal.

Summary

It was a bad month for us, 2 loses, 2 draws and 1 win, but we cant panic yet; it is still early in the season.

5 points out of 15 this month.

I'm going to have a word with Kelly, he is constantly injured...he may need to be replaced at the end of the season if this keeps up.

Cobh Ramblers POTM
View attachment 226838
Michael Rafter
4 Games - 2 Goals

Rafter gets the second POTM award this season thanks to his 2 goals again this month. He is the only player who is stepping up to the plate and providing us with goals.

Last edited:
View attachment 226794
Season 2

May Update

We approach May off the back of a bad month of April!

I took some time out to speak to a few of the guys regarding last month's performances. We need to step up and get a few win before the end of this month.

View attachment 226793

League

Cork City are the first of 3 home games this month. I am not expecting much from them but I am hoping to pick up a few wins from somewhere else..

Cork City
View attachment 226790
Well, what can I say...it is not nice at all to lose to your rivals!

Bohemians
View attachment 226788
Boom! 1-0!

Great to get back on track with a nice win over Bohemians.

Rafter scoring again.

Shamrock Rovers
View attachment 226786
What a great win over Shamrock Rovers!!

Meade scores one again, he is definitely improving after injury. Rocks comes on for Meade and he scores in the second half.

Rafter missed a penalty near the end...

Limerick F.C
View attachment 226783
Rocks starting to score more consistently which is great. Rafter scores as always. Waters gets a rare goal.

What a game...3-0 Fantastic.

Dundalk
View attachment 226778
Argh....You Fu*king kidding me!!

What a disgrace! McCarthy was terrible in defence! He'll be in a meeting tomorrow!

Summary

Definitely an improved month! We managed 3 wins this month, a precious 9 points.

Rocks is starting to score more consistently now which is great news, hopefully he can keep it up.

The last game's performance from Brian McCarthy was worrying..he has been playing up until now. Need to talk to him to ensure he picks it up.

Cobh Rambler POTM
View attachment 226775
Kilian Cantwell

Cantwell has been playing extremely well this month in defence which contributed big time to our 3 wins.

He is averaging a 7.1 in the league this season which is the highest in the team at the moment.​