Russia World Cup 2018

Lol at De Gea's attempts to intimidate Cristiano.

Absolutely fantastic game.

Ronaldo is best in the world, such a phenomenal player, we'll never see one of him again.

Ronaldo rolling back the years and playing on his old level. Constant diving included.

Someone going to get William Carvalho on a free, an absolute tank that man.

Amazing game of football. Despite the draw Spain really impressed, If I have to bet money on a winner I'm betting on them.

Messi spainlolz

not impressed by the Tiki-Takas roflmao. Portugal is just starting, first game only. Go Portugal!(6)

Amazing game of football. Despite the draw Spain really impressed, If I have to bet money on a winner I'm betting on them.

Yeh they just have an amazing team, you could probably have sideshow bob as manager and they'd still do well.

Isco was a standout player tonight also, jeez he was something else.

OK

Now the only thing i need is England to loose all games. THE MOST OVERRATED NATIONAL TEAM EVER .

They're that good i hope :)

No one is overrating England for this tournament, not even our media or fans. But for previous tournaments, yes we have been overrated badly. Although on the other hand you could just say that we have performed terribly. the golden generation of Scholes/Gerrard/Lampard midfield was as good as practically anything with Terry/Ferdinand/A.Cole at the back. **** even Rooney as a striker and Owen before that.

We've been overhyped a lot, but for this tournament I don't think anyone is, however we had a golden generation that just failed spectacularly 8 years ago or so. Then we have not done any better since in major tournaments with lesser quality players.

I'm just hopeful our younger players can shine, sterling deserves a good tournament and it would be nice to see Kane score some goals. I believe he has been one of the better strikers last few years in Europe. He needs to start showing it internationally.

No one is overrating England for this tournament, not even our media or fans. But for previous tournaments, yes we have been overrated badly. Although on the other hand you could just say that we have performed terribly. the golden generation of Scholes/Gerrard/Lampard midfield was as good as practically anything with Terry/Ferdinand/A.Cole at the back. **** even Rooney as a striker and Owen before that.

We've been overhyped a lot, but for this tournament I don't think anyone is, however we had a golden generation that just failed spectacularly 8 years ago or so. Then we have not done any better since in major tournaments with lesser quality players.

I'm just hopeful our younger players can shine, sterling deserves a good tournament and it would be nice to see Kane score some goals. I believe he has been one of the better strikers last few years in Europe. He needs to start showing it internationally.

Kane is the only really good english player, world top 5 strikers over the last 2-3 years in my opinion. Rest of the team is trivial, medium quality players overall.
Not like Sigames does every single year, when i see some random championship player value or stats rofl.. even on EPL, what makes the league good are the foreign stars and the clubs financial capacity...

Kane is the only really good english player, world top 5 strikers over the last 2-3 years in my opinion. Rest of the team is trivial, medium quality players overall.
Not like Sigames does every single year, when i see some random championship player value or stats rofl.. even on EPL, what makes the league good are the foreign stars and the clubs financial capacity...

Can't argue with you there, England team now on paper is just mainly a young decent team. No real stars, like you mentioned could count Kane and maybe Sterling. I am hoping this works in our advantage, not so much expectation , just go out there play football the right way and see what happens.

4 matches today can’t wait! France need to lay a marker down. Always flatter to decieve for me same for Belgium. Can’t wait to see Argentina too.

I guess there are reasons to not like the World Cup, but as a football fan, it's still my favourite tournament. How can anyone not love constant football for a month? It's great if you ask me!

The thing France misses is some creative player on midfield like Eriksen imo.

The thing France misses is some creative player on midfield like Eriksen imo.

Payet was the one, but due to the injury left out, and Fekir has his place in the squad. Lemar isnt a bad shout for that role either.

Surely Pogba is meant to be a creative midfielder? If not what really is he? I can't really tell so far, he is box to box but defo can be creative on the ball, he hasn't had it enough.

France have been awful generally, Australia well organised and done a great job.