Russia World Cup 2018

Prob not this season, but lad should defo have an eye on breaking in before the Euros. He's a bit Silva/Bryune ish. Finds space off the left like Silva, but can drive with the ball from deeper like De Bryune. Skys the limit for the lad in that team under that manager.

I just hope that he gets the game time and chance to develop, Pep has been great so far with the likes of Sterling and co so I don't see why he can't have a good season. He's learning from the best players as well which is always great for a youngster/

I just hope that he gets the game time and chance to develop, Pep has been great so far with the likes of Sterling and co so I don't see why he can't have a good season. He's learning from the best players as well which is always great for a youngster/

He's staying with the first team this season, Diaz may get a loan out. Pep has been decent enough with those in the 17/18 bracket. Some are in need of full game time so have been sold on with return clauses (Maffeo/Grimshaw/Garcia etc). Prob would get away with being as a squad player if Pep arrived one season eariler, and had the squad built/sorted. Maffeo was the standout but could be back from that class.

How can Jules Rimet be gleaming if his trophy was stolen and melted? Those are the kind of questions that keep me up at night.

No idea why are Croatians whining about arrogance, seems like they didn't understand that "it's coming home" is a joke about how English media always overhypes their team.

not just us in croatia, everyone did, every **** social media bragged bout it, every forum,every idk...its only a legit reaction, cant know the agenda behind overhyping that :)

nevertheless, gg wp england,could have been anyone's game

ps. that comment "cross cross cross cross, **** it worked" ****** my pants lol :D

regards from Split ,Cro

Well here is the most stupid game invented in tournament football possibly... the 3rd place play-off.... England vs Belgium.

Like anyone really gives a toss about this... but it would be nice from an England perspective to win and get a bronze medal from one of our best world cups in recent memory.

Sure it still means very little, but also would like to see players like Trent-Arnold, Rashford, Loftus-Cheek in starting lineup because they are three players who will surely be big players for England in years to come and next Euros.

Also Southgate to experiment with a different system... but that's asking too much.

Last edited:
Both line-ups been announced, Belgium and England both putting out strong teams, didn't really expect it but they are both respecting the tournament so fair play.

Personally think Belgium will win this one as they have all the stars playing, as do we, but our defence/midfield looks makeshift.

Kick off at 15:00 for anyone wanting some football today.

2 games, 2 mistakes, 2 goals... Rose having a mare.

Why we didn't play Trent Alexander Arnold I don't know, the kid is already good player and better than Rose anyway imo.

England have been bad, still little creativity, little movement, we just have the ball for the sake of having the ball. this system allows us to have the ball but that's about it.

Really poor, get Rashford, Trent and maybe Lingard on... also Vardy.

Delph is pretty useless in that midfield, Dier doesn't seem much better.

Lack of a decent midfield playmaker wrecks England's gameplay once again. The forwards can't score if they don't get the ball. Meanwhile the defensive lapses of 'top' premiership defenders has once again proved that you need to concentrate when playing half decent players. This England team are clearly still a work in progress whilst Southgate will hopefully have learnt you need a plan B at international level.

Lack of a decent midfield playmaker wrecks England's gameplay once again. The forwards can't score if they don't get the ball. Meanwhile the defensive lapses of 'top' premiership defenders has once again proved that you need to concentrate when playing half decent players. This England team are clearly still a work in progress whilst Southgate will hopefully have learnt you need a plan B at international level.

Pretty much spot on, thought we were good in second half up till their 2nd goal which killed us.

England did look much better in the 2nd half with the subs that were made. When Dier is your playmaker, you are in trouble. And the Belgian counter proved too deadly.

Onto the final. Not sure Croatia can have much more in the tank. They have played a whole additional match with the 3 extra time matches they have played, and one less day of rest compared to France. And France have proven to change the way they play to suit the match. Something almost every other team have been unable, or unwilling to do.

******* Modric and his outside of the foot passes. It's like poetry written with feet.