Ryan Giggs!

• Thread starter Thread starter Danny
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 124
  • Views Views 82K
I think it'd be wise to ignore Jimmer, he's obviously a troll.

Giggs is not a flying winger who is unplayable sometimes (like Messi or Walcott) but he is a consistent, unselfish team player, like Beckham. He is a great in my opinion :).

I think it'd be wise to ignore Jimmer, he's obviously a troll.

lol.

This thread would be more credible if United fans didn't post buddy, never said I disliked Giggs but hes no George Best 'Different players' etc etc but I just said I don't think hes great I think hes good.

Giggs is not a flying winger who is unplayable sometimes (like Messi or Walcott) but he is a consistent, unselfish team player, like Beckham. He is a great in my opinion :).

Did you just compare Giggs to Walcott? oO)

lol.

This thread would be more credible if United fans didn't post buddy, never said I disliked Giggs but hes no George Best 'Different players' etc etc but I just said I don't think hes great I think hes good.

Why are you bringing up George Best? I want to hear the 149 players of the last 20 years who you believe are better than Sir Giggsy.

Thats for another thread, all I am saying is Giggs is a good player and I hope he retires soon, points been made, didn;t mean to offend anyone and I never slagged Giggs off just when people kept posting has he ever done anything bad he clearly has and got a SI to stop everyone knowing so thats not the kind of football role model I would want my kids aspiring for. My own role model is Andre Villar Boas who took his badges aged 17-18 (As I did), studied football journalism at college and went on to manage the British Virgin Islands and was Mourinhos understudy. He keeps his head down hes honest and coaches with immense integrity and simplicity, I just can not see Giggs in that light now. I am sure for professional footballers he is a role model as he has sustained a long career and won trophies

Thats for another thread, all I am saying is Giggs is a good player and I hope he retires soon, points been made, didn;t mean to offend anyone and I never slagged Giggs off just when people kept posting has he ever done anything bad he clearly has and got a SI to stop everyone knowing so thats not the kind of football role model I would want my kids aspiring for. My own role model is Andre Villar Boas who took his badges aged 17-18 (As I did), studied football journalism at college and went on to manage the British Virgin Islands and was Mourinhos understudy. He keeps his head down hes honest and coaches with immense integrity and simplicity, I just can not see Giggs in that light now. I am sure for professional footballers he is a role model as he has sustained a long career and won trophies

So you've guessed - with no proof whatsoever - that Giggs might've done something 'bad' at some point in his life, so you think he's automatically not a role model?

Pretty sure he's not, my opinion of course never said you lot can't use him as a role model. Two sides to every argument I am on the other side.

Marko- Him Scholes O'Shea are too old to carry on at the highest level in my opinion United will never grow with them playing and they will not get better in fact they are getting worst, my opinion of course but you can not compare starting lineups Barce vs United if those guys play. Holding back the Premier League's growth as the superior model in world football, instead of buying internally (like the spanish league) the emphasis should be buy from other leagues and strengthen the brand not weaken it with 35 year olds and awful mediocre defenders like O'shea and Brown. Just my theory so don't bite back at this hope I explained your queries, and as I keep saying I do enjoy Giggs as a footballer and admire the fact he has carried on so long into his twilight years but its time for change.

i never knew oshea was that old, i thought he was like 29 lol

I thought this would be a thread appreciating Giggs contributions to the growth of EPL and achievements throughout his career but I'm absolutely wrong. This is a thread that people compares Giggs with Walcott, saying how Giggs is just an above average player, how Giggs should retire soon for the good of football, nothing close to a role model for other footballers and so.

Honestly, I thought this forum's intelligence is higher than that. I think I'm proven wrong.

Maybe you're partially right Jimmer but certainly longevity is an indicator of a player's greatness. There are different schools of though, most think a player is measured by how great he was at his peak and others think that it's measured by how many seasons he can be consistently good...maybe Giggs or Del Piero could never dominate like a Ronaldo, for example, but they were able to be a consistently solid players for two decades, that's an amazing accomplishment.

Not sure if Giggs will play against Barcelona, but ManU will beat them so if he does play I am sure he will put in a very good performance with his work rate and ability to chase down the Barca players and disrupt their midfield play. If played on the wing he will definitely keep Alves from venturing far forward, a key part of their attack.

Pretty sure he's not, my opinion of course never said you lot can't use him as a role model. Two sides to every argument I am on the other side.

Marko- Him Scholes O'Shea are too old to carry on at the highest level in my opinion United will never grow with them playing and they will not get better in fact they are getting worst, my opinion of course but you can not compare starting lineups Barce vs United if those guys play. Holding back the Premier League's growth as the superior model in world football, instead of buying internally (like the spanish league) the emphasis should be buy from other leagues and strengthen the brand not weaken it with 35 year olds and awful mediocre defenders like O'shea and Brown. Just my theory so don't bite back at this hope I explained your queries, and as I keep saying I do enjoy Giggs as a footballer and admire the fact he has carried on so long into his twilight years but its time for change.

You do realise that with the respect and admiration that Giggs and Scholes command throughout the world, that they're more likely to bring in a larger audience, rather than weaken the brand? You speak like you expect every player to be a superstar in the league, to create a "brand". Players are bought to do different jobs, O'Shea isn't spectacular but he's versatile and disciplined and is a vital part of the team. You just come across as horribly ignorant. Who cares if Giggs is 37? He runs rings around people almost half his age, and probably covers more of the pitch than any. I'd rather watch Giggs play than most foreign imports City have bought.

Oh, and "theory" implies that you actually have a hypothesis on which to base your theory. Your theory is wrong.

Wow...Sorry don't know what was wrong with me.

Last edited:
No point responding to that, nothing against United fans and I don't support a premiership team but its ridiculous how this team can be praised and applauded with those individuals in the team. And I'm not ageist, I rate the AC Milan team of the early 2000's with Stam Maldini Nesta etc as one of the greatest teams ever assembled despite their age, I just think the roles they play are overplayed and emphasized by pundits and fans alike. I am not anti united and the brand I'm talking about is developing talents and importing/exporting talents its not about putting these veterans who have had long, good[ careers on a pedastal and making them out to be the greatest passers/dribblers of the ball to ever live. If you guys are telling me that you would rather play them two over players like Nasri and for arguments sake Gerrard then that is crazy. I understand why Fergie sticks with them it is out of need and not choice so I respect that he gets the best out of them all I am saying is Giggs and Scholes are not rated highly by me. Especially when there was rumours of Scholes being called up for England that was absurd, but on the point of Giggs I think he is good.

Giggs is feted as being one of the best by Raul. When a legend like that wants your shirt and to meet you again, you've made it.

You might not think its all that, but fans and players all across the globe rate him as one of the best in our generation, read the interviews of some f the best players out there and read what they think of him.

you dnt rate them fair enough, but most people wont take you seriously

So sorry everyone, I got my point completely wrong I don't know wtf is wrong with me I was just sat watching City Spurs and was saying to myself, of true legends of the game in my recent memory who played on in their career, Ivan Alonso, Raul, Guti, Del Piero, Zauri, Buffon, Cannavarro, Nesta etc all the guys who are old and I admire. I was racking my brain for people who are still playing I don't like and Scholes and Giggs popped up...them only. So I was thinking very weird wtf is that about, and I have seemingly convinced myself through bullshit words I have typed on here that I think they're average footballers. So I mentally slapped myself and was like 'what the lalala are you doing?', I admire Giggs a **** of alot I remember the brace he scored to win at the riverside on a snowy day 3 years ago to win the game for United. I honestly don't know wtf that outburst was, I respect all footballers who play on and thrive like them two its what every single footballer aims for to reach the highest level and stay there.

All I can say United fans/Sanity fans is apologies Giggs is a great and he has the rare ability of having two great feet and still gets the legs on Kalou I don;t know wtf I was thinking I really don't. That is one of the weirdest arguments I have ever fought of course Giggs is a great hes played every premier league season since its induction and still sells the immortal Giggs 11 shirt at the age of 37. Absolutely crazy, the man deserves a statue and probably his shirt will get retired when he retires which obviously shouldn't be the summer since he can still do the business and the job.

I have no idea why I held that vendetta, I read the articles of Raul, Zanetti, Helguera, Canizares, Kahn all heaping praise on the man as well over the years. I have never said anything bad about him and I do favour City over United but I mean no excuse for the bs I was spouting.

Its like I went Jekyll and Hyde for the past 24 hours, of course he's a great, one of the greatest Premier League footballers ever to grace the green turf.

Sorry everyone I went mad.

Last edited:
So sorry everyone, I got my point completely wrong I don't know wtf is wrong with me I was just sat watching City Spurs and was saying to myself of true legends of the game in my recent memory who played on, Ivan Alonso, Raul, Guti, Del Piero, Zauri, Buffon, Cannavarro, Nesta etc all the guys who are old and I admire. I was racking my brain for people who are still playing I don't like and Scholes and Giggs popped up...them only. So I was thinking very weird wtf is that about, and I have seemingly convinced myself through bullshit words I have typed on here that I think they're average footballers. So I mentally slapped myself and was like 'what the lalala are you doing?', I admire Giggs a **** of alot I remember the brace he scored to win at the riverside on a snowy day 3 years ago to win the game for United. I honestly don't know wtf that outburst was, I respect all footballers who play on and thrive like them two its what every single footballer aims for to reach the highest level and stay there.

All I can say United fans/Sanity fans is apologies Giggs is a great and he has the rare ability of having two great feet and still gets the legs on Kalou I don;t know wtf I was thinking I really don't. That is one of the weirdest arguments I have ever fought of course Giggs is a great hes played every premier league season since its induction and still sells the immortal Giggs 11 shirt at the age of 37. Absolutely crazy, the man deserves a statue and probably his shirt will get retired when he retires which obviously shouldn't be the summer since he can still do the business and the job.

I have no idea why I held that vendetta, I read the articles of Raul, Zanetti, Helguera, Canizares, Kahn all heaping praise on the man as well over the years. I have never said anything bad about him and I do favour City over United but I mean no excuse for the bs I was spouting.

Its like I went Jekyll and Hyde for the past 24 hours, of course he's a great, one of the greatest Premier League footballers ever to grace the green turf.

Sorry everyone I went mad.

I do understand where you're coming from, a lot of people say he's the best to ever play the game which I think is a bit much, and maybe he never dominated the game the way some other players have, but being able to stay consistent for such a long time is truly remarkable, especially considering that he's learned to play a new position. I don't rate him quite as highly as some others do but he's undoubtedly a legend and good for you for admitting you were wrong, it's a hard thing to do.

Hypothetically if a Welsh Football star who is turning grey in his old age were to perhaps meet a former miss Wales at...Lets say a hotel room on numerous occasions, and hypothetically speaking she got told he loved her yet wakes to find herself gagged and does not get another word from the hypothetical player and the said Lord Justice judge orders the internet and the world that they can not speak of said hypothetical act then one would presume we were in some tyrannous state of Iran or the like...

Heres a curveball, Giggs was never a great he was decent hes just sustained the same level throughout his career people just highlight the good stuff he still does but saying that I hand it to him he knows how to handle his DD airbags...I mean moneybags. He has never been paid an exceeding salary yet hypothetically speaking he maintains two high maintenance women and an expensive BDSM habit, got to hand it to giggsy on that count. As for football wise, him Scholes O'shea are all past the point of return in my eyes bow out now when the mainstream appear to love you.

The above statement was entirely hypothetical and I am in no way liable nor is FM-Base.co.uk, I mean the hypothetical situation described could hold extreme parallel's to a future news story involving Imogen Thomas and Ryan Giggs, I however will not be liable for any damages/action when/if said action comes through. Not such a role model now are you Giggsy is the words I would like uttering on my behalf if said story should ever leak to the worlds press, I bid you good day Mr Super Injunction

Think I covered my *** pretty well people
I Guess It's Not Hypothetical Anymore Gents.

I hate to say I told you so lads... ;)

Freedom Of Speech 1-0 Super Rich Bastards

Just of curiosity, the people who named Giggs on Twitter, therefore breaching the injuction....how come they're not being hunted? After all, they were forbidden to name him after all

as this thread is in the england section should this not be about his footballing skills?!

Back