S.D. Eibar - The Minnows Amongst the Big Boys

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
images

S.D. EIBAR

This summer S.D. Eibar won their 2nd successive promotion to incredibly gain promotion to Liga BBVA for the first time to play against the might of Barcelona, Real Madrid and the rest.

However due to a crazy rule in Spanish football, despite not having any debt, they faced relegation to the 3rd tier unless they could raise $1.7m as they didnt bring in enough cash basically compared to the rest of Liga Adelante. What followed was a campaign, helped by former players Xabi Alonso and David Silva, to raise the cash and they were successful so they can now sit at the table with the big boys.

--

images

CLUB INFO

Year Founded - 1940
Stadium - Ipurua
Capacity - 5,250
Nickname - Armeros (The Gunners)

Eibar dont even have a B team so its u19s ( we start off with no u19 players) or the first team only. The stadium and facilities are extremely poor for this level. There is little to no finances to work with also.

Oh and they are a club from the Basque region in Spain and while they dont have any fierce rivalries or derby games there will obviously be an edge to matches against Athletic, Real Sociedad and Osasuna.

--

images

The squad is as you might imagine pretty thin on the ground of actual quality as they heavily relied on parent side Real Sociedad for some loan players. Angel is a decent striker and they have also recently signed Borja Ekiza from Athletic Bilbao and Manu Del Moral from Sevilla.
View attachment 345766View attachment 345765View attachment 345764

--

THE AIMS

I think I have finally found a story, and a club which I can stick with for a considerable period of time (apart from Bilbao of course) as the story I started with Newcastle was just too easy. This has the challenge of taking a tiny club with little finances and facilities but also has the appeal of being in amongst the big boys.

It will be a challenge because I know for a fact that I wont win the title any time soon. I am going to have to work the transfer market by picking up bargains, sell high and hopefully get enough cash in to improve the facilities and obviously expand the stadium!

--

SEASONLIGA BBVACOPA DEL REYSUPER CUPCHAMPIONS LEAGUEEUROPA LEAGUEEURO SUPER CUPCLUB WORLD CUP
2013-145th4th R-----
2014-153rdQF--WINNERS--
2015-163rdWINNERS-QF-RUNNERS UP-
2016-173rdWINNERSRUNNERS UP1st ROUND---
2017-18--

Last edited:
Good luck, I will follow.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

L

images

PRE-SEASON

I came into the club and quickly realised (unsurprisingly) that both off the pitch and on the pitch, we needed a major overhaul but how to do that with so little cash??

Fortunately, when I asked the board they gave me $5m of a transfer budget which is still a tiny amount if you consider that wages come out of that too. The board did agree also to improve training facilities, improve junior coaching (despite not having any u19s) and youth facilities.

So basically I have pretty much bankrupted the club within a week of arrival which means if we dont stay up we will plummet.

Here is who I managed to bring in.

--

PLAYERS IN

I have only signed one player for a fee so far and that is former Chelsea midfielder, Sergio Tejera, from Espanyol for $1.5m. Although he isnt a natural AMC I am going to play him there and hopefully his set piece skills will provide some goals for us.
View attachment 345704

I signed 4 players on free transfers who will play a big part if we are to survive this season. The honour of being my first ever signing is Konstantin Vassiljev who was previously in Russia with Amkar. He will be first choice in central midfield.
View attachment 345698

Possibly my biggest signing was Stephane Mbia who was previously at QPR. He will have a big role to play this season and will form a central defensive partnership with Ekiza.
View attachment 345693

Former Bayern Munich defender Christian Lell was signed from Levante. He will be my new right back.
View attachment 345690

Mohammed Tchite
was brought in to give cover to Angel up front after he was released by Standard Liege. I dont think I have ever had a player from Rwanda before!!!!
View attachment 345687

Finally Ryo Miyaichi was brought in on loan from Arsenal to give me some cover in the wide areas.
View attachment 345682

--

PLAYERS OUT

Any sellable assets that I have - I need to keep although I did sell veteran club captain Txema Anibarro to Guadalajara for a whopping $13,500.

--

STAFF IN

I made some great improvements here. Angel Vales is my new assistant manager, Juan Jose Lasuen is my new goalkeeper coach, Albert Benaiges has been brought in as my new head of youth development (awaiting the youth intake lol) and David Rincon is my U19 manager.

Others have been brought in but they are the main ones.

--

MY FIRST XI

So here it is. I have $1m left to spend but it is unlikely that I will make any major changes.

View attachment 345668
JAIME (GK)

View attachment 345666-View attachment 345663-View attachment 345693-View attachment 345690
ABRAHAM (LB) - EKIZA (CB) - MBIA (CB) - LELL (RB)

View attachment 345698-View attachment 345662
VASSILJEV (CM) - DANI GARCIA (CM)

View attachment 345661-View attachment 345704-View attachment 345656
NIETO (LW) - TEJERA (AMC) - DEL MORAL (RW)

View attachment 345655
ANGEL (ST)

Abraham is on loan from Zaragoza. I have high hopes for Nieto as he was previously at Barcelona. If we suffer a number of injuries we will very definately struggle. We only have 6 players valued over $1m!!!!

--

AIMS FOR THE SEASON

The board wanted me to avoid relegation and while I accept that I couldnt resist the extra $200,000 transfer budget and $25,000 wage budget so I said we would finish mid-table.

If we can finish between 10th and 14th, get a decent run in the cup and maybe beat one of the big boys -I extend that to Athletic Bilbao, Valencia, Sevilla, Real Sociedad, Malaga, Elche, Cordoba..................... lol - I will be happy.

images

AUGUST

Real Sociedad 1 (Granero 3)
Eibar 1 (Nieto 27)

An excellent start to the campaign as we faced our feeder, and fellow Basque side, Real Sociedad. Granero struck from long range early on and I feared the worst but Nieto levelled and we managed to hold on.

--

Eibar 4 (Tejera 44, 48, Bouzon og55, Angel 86)
Cordoba 1 (Caballero 18)

This could be our best moment of the season so I am going to milk it. Tejera was excellent on his debut and netted twice while Angel also got his first goal for the club.

--

Almeria 1 (Zongo 80)
Eibar 2 (Ono 81, Errasti 90)

When Almeria scored against the run of play I was furious but we bounced back and scored two in the final 10 minutes to win the game.

--

LINEUPS

OPPRESGKRBCBCBLBCMCMAMRAMLAMCSTSUBS
R. Soc1-1JaimeLell*MbiaEkizaAbrahamDani GarciaVassiljevDel MoralNietoLaraAngelTchite, Lillo, Errasti
Cord4-1JaimeLellMbiaEkizaAbrahamErrastiVassiljevDel MoralNietoTejera* 2AngelLillo, Dani Garcia, Raul Navas
Almeria2-1Jaime LellMbiaEkizaAbrahamErrastiVassiljevDel MoralNietoOno*AngelMiyaichi, Tchite

--

SUMMARY

We have had a fantastic start to the season. We drew with Real Sociedad away which was a magnificent result and followed that up with a 4-1 win over fellow newcomers Cordoba. Almeria were then beaten 2-1 with 2 late goals which see's us near the top of the table.

To be fair, Sociedad aside, the fixtures were quite kind. We will no doubt come unstuck when we face the big boys!!!

I added 2 new players to the squad. Maxim Bordachev came in from BATE Borisov for $250,000 while Yuji Ono came in on loan from Standard Liege and got the man of the match award and a goal on his debut.
View attachment 345590View attachment 345589

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DANI NIETO
View attachment 345595

--

LIGA BBVA TABLE AND LEADING TRANSFERS
View attachment 345588
View attachment 345537

Last edited:
images

SEPTEMBER

Eibar 2 (Abraham 57, Tchite 65)
Rayo Vallecano 2 (Manucho 45, Aquino 48)

I went into this game thinking this would be one of our easier matches of the season but Rayo have not a bad side and I am delighted to get a point after being 0-2 down. Abraham's goal was a fluke as his cross bounced past the Rayo keeper.

--

Copa del Rey 2nd Round
Albacete 1 (Navarro 60)
Eibar 3 (Tchite 17, Nieto 21, Mbia 45)

We are easily through to the 3rd round where Alcorcon await.

--

Getafe 2 (Lell og9, Lafita 13)
Eibar 2 (Valera og6, Vazquez og77)
We got lucky, extremely lucky here. We were quite poor and the one great chance we created was wasted by Angel who is struggling at this level. Still a good point though.

--

Eibar 3 (Angel 15, 34, Ekiza 74)

Granada 1 (Jona 36)

Another fantastic victory as Angel finally shows some form. Now for a run of tough games...........

--

Athletic Bilbao 3 (San Jose 37pen, Sola 68, Muniain 90)

Eibar 2 (Del Moral 28, Ekiza 45)

Our first defeat of the season.

We were so close to another great point but Muniain struck in stoppage time to deny us. They had 2 goals disallowed which made the scoreline a lot closer than it could have been. Ekiza scored against his old club.

--

LINEUPS

Rayo2-2JaimeLellMbiaEkizaAbrahamTejeraVassiljevDel MoralNietoOnoAngelRaul Navas, Tchite, Errasti
Alb3-1JavierLellMbiaEkizaAbrahamErrastiDani GarciaDel MoralNietoOno*TchiteBoveda, Miyaichi, Lara
Get2-2JavierLellMbiaEkizaAbrahamTejeraVassiljevDel MoralNietoOnoAngelLara, Errasti
Gran3-1JavierBovedaMbiaEkizaAbrahamTejeraErrastiDel MoralNietoOnoAngel* 2Lara, Tchite, Dani Garcia
Ath2-3JavierLellMbiaEkizaAbrahamErrastiVassiljevDel MoralNietoTejeraTchiteMiyaichi, Dani Garcia, Arruabarrena

--

SUMMARY

Our excellent start to the season continued this month as we maintained our good form in the league and also progressed in the Copa del Rey. We did lose our first game away to rivals Bilbao but obviously I will never be upset at losing to them!!!

For all our good work I feel dark days are ahead as next month we face Real Madrid, Valencia and Sevilla!!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
BORJA EKIZA

View attachment 345501

--

LIGA BBVA
View attachment 345500

images

OCTOBER

Eibar 4 (Tchite 29, Tejera 33, 80, Ekiza 48)
Espanyol 3 (Luque 25, Lanzarote 71, Javi Lopez 90)

This was a massive result bearing in mind the upcoming fixtures. In the lead up to the game the Espanyol manager feared that Sergio Tejera would come back to haunt them and he sure did as he scored twice and assisted two also.

--

Real Madrid 5 (Ronaldo 15, 64, Benzema 67, 69, Di Maria 77)
Eibar 2 (Angel 35, Del Moral 71)

We were well beaten here but this was a strange game. We fell behind and then Angel had an equaliser disallowed before immediately firing us level. We then had Ekiza sent-off but we were doing fine.

Then Pepe got sent-off for them on the hour mark and peversley everything went **** up!!! We conceded 3 goals in 5 minutes and just collapsed. They even had a last minute goal disallowed.

--

Copa del Rey 3rd Round
Alcorcon 0
Eibar 4 (Del Moral 13, 60, 76pen, Lara 53)

Through we go with a very convincing victort. Manu Del Moral scored 3 and assisted the other.

--

Eibar 0
Valencia 1 (Postiga 10)

Our first defeat at home and it was a harsh one as we played quite well and had a late Nieto equaliser disallowed.

--

Sevilla 3 (Aspas 21, 51, Iborra 25)
Eibar 3 (Ekiza 62, 85, Tejera 65)

WHAT A COMEBACK!!!! After an hour we were gone, but somehow we battled back and amazingly got level. We almost won it when Del Moral had a header cleared off the line.

--

LINEUPS
Esp4-3JaimeLellMbiaEkizaAbrahamVassiljevErrastiDel MoralNietoTejera* 2TchiteMiyaichi, Raul Navas
R. Mad2-5JaimeLellMbiaEkizaAbrahamDani GarciaErrastiDel MoralNietoTejeraAngelRaul Navas, Bordachev
Alc4-0JaimeLellRaul NavasEkizaBordachevDani GarciaErrastiDel Moral* 3MiyaichiLaraTchiteCapa, Arruabarrena, Albentosa
Val0-1JaimeLellMbiaBordachevAbraham*VassiljevTejeraDel MoralNietoOnoAngelTchite
Sev3-3JaimeLellEkiza* 2BordachevAbrahamVassiljevErrastiDel MoralNieto TejeraAngelLillo, Tchite

--

SUMMARY

This month saw us lose a couple of times but there was no disgrace in that as the defeats came against Real Madrid and Valencia. Valencia are the side who we will play in the next round of the Copa del Rey.

We are currently sitting in 8th place and we could go either way. To be honest I think European qualification is a long way off and judging by the performances of my signings, relegation shouldnt be an issue either!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MANU DEL MORAL

View attachment 345435

--

LIGA BBVA
View attachment 345434

images

NOVEMBER

Elche 0
Eibar 1 (Ekiza 29)

This was a tough match. We took the lead through Ekiza but he got sent-off early in the 2nd half but we managed to hold on.

--

Eibar 1 (Del Moral 8)
Malaga 1 (Luis Alberto 27)

A decent point. Malaga had a 2nd half goal disallowed fortunately.

--

Eibar 1 (Angel 28)

Celta Vigo 0

--

LINEUPS
Elche1-0JaimeLellMbia*Ekiza
SO
AbrahamErrastiDani GarciaMiyaichiNietoOnoAngelBordachev, Lara
Malaga1-1JaimeBovedaMbiaBordachevAbrahamVassiljevTejeraDel MoralNietoOnoAngelDani Garcia, Tchite
Celta Vigo1-0JaimeLellMbiaEkizaBordachev*VassiljevErrastiDel MoralNietoTejeraAngelDani Garcia, Raul Navas

--

SUMMARY

This was a pretty good month. We only had 3 games but we didnt lose any and although the goals dried up a bit our defence did a fine job on the whole.

Ourselves and Cordoba (helped by ex-Newcastle striker Xisco's 15 goals so far) have really surprised the division and we are ahead of much bigger clubs like Athletic, Sevilla and Valencia.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
STEPHANE MBIA

View attachment 345311

--

LIGA BBVA
View attachment 345307

Good story so far, just one thing though, aren't Bilbao in the Basque region considering they can only sign Basque players?

images

DECEMBER

Eibar 2 (Nieto 53, Bordachev 73)
Villarreal 1 (Perez 90)

We leapfrog Villarreal here with this win and move up to 5th place.

--

Copa del Rey 4th Round 1st Leg

Valencia 1 (Feghouli 78)
Eibar 0

Just like in our league encounter, we didnt deserve to lose but lose we did. We are still in with a chance though I suppose.

--

Eibar 0

Barcelona 1 (Messi 1)

Barca arrive at the Ipurua!!!

I am proud of my players here despite losing. I expected a heavy defeat but although we didnt trouble the Barca goal we performed admirably and defended well.

--

Copa del Rey 4th Round 2nd Leg

Eibar 1 (Del Moral 85)
Valencia 1 (Piatti 53)
(Valencia win 2-1 on aggregate)

When Piatti scored it was all over but at least Del Moral's wondergoal made us avoid defeat. Nieto got injured and is out for 3 months.

--

Deportivo La Coruna 1 (Lucas 64pen)
Eibar 1 (Vassiljev 6)

We were lucky to escape with a point here so I am pretty pleased to come away with one!

--

LINEUPS
Vill2-1JaimeLellMbiaBordachevAbrahamVassiljevDani GarciaDel MoralNietoTejeraAngelTchite
Val0-1JaimeLellMbiaEkizaAbrahamVassiljevTejeraDel MoralNietoOnoAngelMiyaichi, Tchite
Barc0-1JaimeLellMbiaEkizaAbrahamVassiljevTejeraDel MoralNietoOnoAngelErrasti, Tchite
Val1-1JaimeLellMbia*EkizaAbrahamErrastiTejeraDel MoralNietoOnoAngelMiyaichi, Bordachev
Dep1-1JaimeLellMbiaEkizaAbrahamVassiljev*ErrastiDel MoralLaraOnoAngelTchite, Bordachev, Boveda

--

SUMMARY

This was a very tough month as we really struggled. Whether teams are beginning to work us out or whether it is just one of those sticky patches I dont know. Having said that we did have some very tough matches - none tougher than against Barcelona.

We end the calendar year in 7th place though - I would gladly take that at the end of the campaign!!!!

I need to strengthen during the next window that is for sure. Attacking midfielders are required urgently!!!!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KONSTANTIN VASSILJEV
View attachment 345233
--

LIGA BBVA
View attachment 345234

How the **** are you 4th!? This game seems like a walk in the park for you!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Glad you have found a game you are happy to stick with. Looking all nice right now. Look forward to seeing what attackers you bring in.

images

JANUARY

Atletico Madrid 3 (Leo 3, 5, Juanfran 19)
Eibar 1 (Abraham 12)

We were given a thrashing here and I am just pleased that we made it respectable.

--

Eibar 1 (Lara 53)

Levante 0

Back to winning ways at last!!!

--

Cordoba 3 (Xisco 63, 69, 89)
Eibar 1 (Bouzon og1)

I dont know what happened here. We were fairly comfortable but then Xisco tore us apart. That said we had a late equaliser disallowed just before they scored their 3rd.

--

Eibar 1 (Keko 55)
Real Sociedad 1 (Castro 38)

This is a great point against the side currently lying 3rd in the table.

--

LINEUPS
Atl M1-3JaimeLellBordachevEkizaAbrahamVassiljevErrastiAngelLaraTejeraTchiteCapa
Lev1-0JaimeBovedaBordachevEkiza*AbrahamVassiljevErrastiAngelMiyaichiTejeraTchiteLara, Capa
Cord1-3JaimeLellMbiaEkizaAbrahamVassiljevErrastiKekoDel MoralTejeraAngelLara, Tchite
R. Soc1-1JaimeLellMbiaEkizaAbrahamVassiljevTejeraKekoDel MoralValle*AngelBordachev, Tchite

--

SUMMARY

We just scraped through this month as we won once, got a decent draw and were thrashed twice. The problem is a lack of goals as in our last 11 games in all competitions we have scored just 10 times!!!! Angel has only scored 5 goals this season which is just not good enough.

I did sign 3 new players. Firstly I brought in a new right winger in the shape and form of Keko from Catania for $450,000.
View attachment 345148

I then spent $500,000 on a new attacking midfielder called Jonatan Valle.
View attachment 345146

Finally my director of football brought in Ulises Davila from Chelsea on loan. As a result I have cancelled the loan of Ryo Miyaichi.

View attachment 345143

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ABRAHAM

View attachment 345152

--

LIGA BBVA
View attachment 345145

Never thought I'd see the day Xisco outscored Messi + Ronaldo.

images

FEBRUARY

Eibar 3 (Keko 68, Davila 86, Valle 89)
Almeria 0

Not only did we win but we also scored three times!!!!! Keko and Valle has been impressive since signing and Davila got a debut goal here.

--

Rayo Vallecano 0
Eibar 2 (Keko 40, Davila 56)

Another win with another clean sheet and a couple of goals to boot!!! My 3 new signings once again shone. Keko and Davila scored while Valle assisted them both.

Tejera got injured and is out for 6-7 weeks.

--

Granada 4 (Rochina 35, 38, Machis 48, Piti 89)
Eibar 2 (Vassiljev 49, Del Moral 62)

This is a disappointing result as I felt we could get a point here. Keko had a goal disallowed.

--

Eibar 1 (Keko 40)
Getafe 2 (Vazquez 17, Diego Castro 28)

I so hoped to win this as Getafe are one of the teams just above us but defensive errors cost us dearly. We had our left back sent-off for the 2nd game in a row which didnt help.

--

LINEUPS
Alm3-0JaimeLellMbiaRaul NavasBordachevVassiljevTejeraKekoDel MoralValleDavila*Ono
Rayo2-0JaimeLellMbia*BordachevAbrahamVassiljevTejeraKekoDel MoralValleDavilaErrasti, Angel, Lara
Gran2-4JaimeLellMbiaEkizaAbrahamVassiljevErrastiKekoDel MoralValleDavilaOno, Boveda, Angel
Get1-2JaimeLellMbiaEkizaBordachevVassiljevErrastiKekoDel MoralValleDavilaBoveda

--

SUMMARY

This month started brilliantly but ended horribly as we lost two games I felt we could have got something out of before the matches. That said I feel that my new signings have made an impact and we certainly look more dangerous going forward.

We are currently lying in 7th place which is good but we have a tough run of fixtures coming up so we could drop further. 6th place would make us qualify for the Europa League but that isnt going to happen.

We got Belgian side Charleroi as a feeder club.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KEKO
View attachment 345059

--

LIGA BBVA

View attachment 345057

images

MARCH

Eibar 3 (Davila 17, 23. Etxeita og43)
Athletic Bilbao 0

Normally I would be waxing lyrical about this victory but I cant celebrate a win against Athletic Bilbao.

--

Espanyol 2 (Sergio Garcia 6, 73)
Eibar 3 (Ekiza 1, Davila 27, Bordachev 90)

Another great win. I was delighted when I saw Bordachev's free-kick fly into the top corner. Nieto made his comeback from injury here.

--

Eibar 0
Real Madrid 4 (Bale 21, 46, Ronaldo 26, 61)

MEH!!!!

--

Valencia 2 (Piatti 88, 90)
Eibar 3 (Diego Alves og2, Davila 15, Nieto 77)

Piatti's 2 late goals took the shine off this fantastic victory but it is a great victory anyway.

--

Eibar 1 (Vassiljev 39pen)
Sevilla 1 (Aspas 29)

A decent point but we had a winner disallowed annoyingly.

--

Malaga 1 (Anderson 11)
Eibar 2 (Davila 69, Ekiza 72)

This win rounds off the month perfectly. Jonatan Valle missed a first half penalty for us.

--

LINEUPS

Ath3-0JaimeLellMbiaEkizaBovedaVassiljevErrastiKekoDel MoralValleDavila* 2Ono
Esp3-2JaimeLellMbiaEkizaBordachevDani GarciaErrastiKekoDel MoralValleDavilaLara, Lillo, Nieto
Real M.0-4JaimeLellMbiaEkizaBordachevVassiljevDani GarciaKekoDel MoralValleDavilaOno, Nieto, Angel
Val3-2JaimeLellMbiaEkizaAbrahamVassiljevErrastiKekoDel MoralValleDavilaNieto, Ono
Sev1-1JaimeBovedaMbiaEkizaAbrahamVassiljevErrastiKekoDel MoralValleDavilaOno, Nieto, Angel
Malaga2-1JaimeLellMbiaEkiza*AbrahamTejeraErrastiKekoDel MoralValleDavilaDani Garcia, Nieto, Ono

--

SUMMARY

This was our best month so far as we had some really tough fixtures and we applied ourselves very well indeed and managed to win 13 out of a possible 18 points.

This run has made us catch up on Real Sociedad and if we can manage to leapfrog them and finish in 6th place we will be in Europe next season but that is a dream to be honest.

Unfortunately due to Bilbao being in the Copa del Rey final, the 7th placed side wont gain entry into the Europa League.

The youth intake was ok for a club our size and with the facilities that we have. I got a decent CM in but I doubt we shall see him play in the first team anytime soon. I signed up 7 or 8 new recruits just so my u19 side has a competitive team next year!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ULISES DAVILA
View attachment 344987

--

LIGA BBVA
View attachment 344986

images

APRIL

Celta Vigo 0
Eibar 1 (Vassiljev 12)

--

Eibar 4 (Del Moral 4, Davila 51, 80, Keko 79)
Elche 0

Elche are doomed and they didnt trouble us here one bit.

--

Villarreal 0
Eibar 0

If we won here we would have gone level with Villarreal but alas it was not to be.

--

Eibar 2 (Bordachev 79, Angel 90)
Deportivo La Coruna 0

WE MOVE UP INTO 4TH PLACE!!!!! Christ on a bike - even Angel managed to score!!!!

--

LINEUPS
Celta Vigo1-0JaimeLellMbiaEkizaAbrahamVassiljev*ErrastiKekoDel MoralValleDavilaOno, Nieto
Elche4-0JaimeLellMbiaEkizaAbrahamVassiljevTejeraKekoDel MoralValleDavila* 2Bordachev
Vill0-0JaimeLellBordachev*EkizaAbrahamVassiljevErrastiKekoDel MoralValleAngelDani Garcia, Tchite, Nieto
DLC2-0JaimeLellBordachev*MbiaAbrahamVassiljevTejeraKekoDel MoralOnoDavilaAngel, Nieto

--

SUMMARY

Who would have thought that with 3 games left we are in with a chance of qualifying for the Champions League??? We had a great month and didnt concede once as we performed brilliantly.

So can we finish 4th?? Our next game is at home against Atletico Madrid so if we win that I think its ours. Then we face Barcelona before coming up against struggling Levante.

Wish me luck!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MAXIM BORDACHEV
View attachment 344753

--

LIGA BBVA
View attachment 344752

images

MAY

Eibar 0
Atletico Madrid 3 (Mandzukic 20, 35, 58)

This was a huge game for us and we bottled it completely. We never even troubled Atletico as Mandzukic scored 3 and had 1 chalked off.

--

Barcelona 5 (Messi 2pen, Deulofeu 15, 81, Suarez 28, 38)
Eibar 2 (Davila 31, Angel 72)

Defeat was expected and thats what we got. Del Moral had a goal disallowed but that wouldnt have changed the outcome.

Champions League football is no more while we need to beat Levante to be sure of Europa League football.

--

Levante 0

Eibar 3 (Keko 14, Del Moral 22, Davila 24)

WE QUALIFY FOR EUROPE!!!!!!!!

What an achievement!!!! My players didnt bottle it this time as we ran amock in the first half.

--

LINEUPS
Atl M0-3JaimeLellMbiaBordachevBovedaVassiljevTejeraKekoDel MoralOnoDavilaAngel, Nieto, Raul Navas
Barc2-5JaimeLellRaul NavasBordachevAbrahamVassiljevTejeraKekoDel MoralOnoDavilaNieto, Angel, Errasti
Lev3-0JaimeLellEkizaBordachevAbrahamVassiljevTejeraKeko*Del MoralOnoDavilaNieto, Angel, Dani Garcia

--

SUMMARY

A mixed bag this month. We threw away the chance of Champions League football when we got thrashed by Atletico Madrid and then Barcelona but we did manage to beat relegated Levante to secure Europa League football.

An end of season post is to follow.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ULISES DAVILA

View attachment 344749