S.D. Eibar - The Minnows Amongst the Big Boys

images

END OF SEASON POST

So season number one is over and what a great season it was. It had its ups and downs but to quickly summarise it I would have to say that we started brilliantly, were awful in the middle but after strengthening in January we finished strongly which all in all secured a place in Europe!!!!

Now while I am delighted to be in Europe it does cause me many problems. With the loan players returning (Abraham, Davila and Ono), the lack of funds in general and with my squad basically lacking in quality I have some major work to do.

Added to that I dont have 4 players home grown by the club for European competition so I am going to have to sign some duds just to register a squad!!!!!!

Anywho thats for the future. Regarding my squad, whileas a collective they excelled, individually there were few successes. Mbia and Ekiza were great at the back and Bordachev excelled when called upon. Tejera did ok while Keko was immense when he was signed and we would not have got close to Europe if my DoF hadnt have brought in Davila.

Angel was extremely disappointing. As was Lell and basically everyone else in the squad lol.

--

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 344740
(Xisco finished top scorer with 32 goals to claim the Golden Boot)

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD
View attachment 344739

--

MY PLAYER OF THE SEASON
BORJA EKIZA

View attachment 344738
(I didnt have any young players to have a young player award lol)

--

AROUND EUROPE

I finished the season while at my Grans and forgot to take screenies and cant be arsed backtracking lol. I do know however that somehow Lyon got relegated in France while Man City beat Bayern to win the Champions League and Man Utd beat Everton to win the Europa League.

--

PRE-SEASON PLANS

Strengthen, strengthen, strengthen and strengthen some more. But how to do that effectively with only $8m of a transfer budget? I will have my work cut out methinks.

images

PRE-SEASON

I was an extremely busy boy this summer as I brought in no fewer than 10 players for just over $5m. I feel I have strengthened my squad enough to be genuine contenders for a Europa League finish but by no means are we Champions League quality - even if we only just missed out last year.

I did add to my backroom staff as Gary Neville, Damien Commoli, Leandre Griffit, Erik Larsen, Gerd Muller and Gian Nicola Bisciotti joined the club.

So onto the newcomers..............

--

PLAYERS IN

My most expensive signing and by far and away my best signing is Alvaro Vadillo from Real Betis for a bargain $2.7m. He is the first player who I feel will still be with me in 3 or 4 years time and will be played on the LW.
View attachment 344713

Next up is Sergio Escudero who came in from Getafe for $900,000 and will be my new LB.
View attachment 344712

I spent $625,000 on Ximo from Almeria and he will battle it out with Lell to be my RB while also providing cover in the centre of defence. Also from Almeria came Mauro Dos Santos who will also provide cover in centre defence.
View attachment 344711View attachment 344706

Raul Rusescu came in from Sevilla for $575,000 and will be my new striker.
View attachment 344710

Frederik Ronnow
came in for a bargain $275,000 (his release fee) from AC Horsens and his value immediately shot up to his release clause with us!!! He is my new keeper.
View attachment 344709

I brought in one great looking regen from Germany for $49,500 when I brought in Jusuf Cosic.
View attachment 344707

I got Ayoze Perez in on loan from Newcastle and Hervin Ongenda on loan from PSG. Ayoze will start as my AMC while Ongenda is signed as cover.
View attachment 344705View attachment 344704

Finally I brought in this useless idiot just so he can be registered in Europe as a player home trained by the club.
View attachment 344703

--

PLAYERS OUT

Eneko Boveda was sold to Numancia for $190,000 and I released Lara, Arrieti and Karreji while the loan deals of Ono, Davila and Abraham were ended.

--

SUMMARY

I have a fairly young team but a team that should be challenging in the top half. I made a mistake and forgot to negotiate a future fee for Ongenda and Ayoze Perez but hey ho.

This is my planned first XI........

Ronnow

Escudero - Ekiza - Mbia - Lell/Ximo

Kassiljev - Tejera

Vadillo (LW) - Ayoze Perez - Keko (RW)

Rusescu

--

ELSEWHERE

England won the World Cup

Bilbao sold Muniain to Monaco for $37m!!!!!!!!!!!

TOP TEXT: They gave me eleven worms for fishing
IMAGE: KILPPYBO
BOTTOM TEXT: So I won the Champions League in the first season

images

AUGUST

Malaga 0
Eibar 3 (Keko 40, Angel 45, 61)

A great start to the season albeit lady luck smiled upon us as Malaga had 2 goals disallowed in the first half. Angel scoring twice was a nice surprise considering how useless he was last year.

--

Eibar 2 (Dos Santos 38, Keko 51)
Celta Vigo 2 (Fernandez 7, 83)

We avoided defeat which was good but I kinda expected a victory here to tell the truth.

--

Valencia 0
Eibar 2 (Keko 31, Ongenda 72)

WOW!!!!!

This victory was amazing as I went to quick and submitted my team before I could pick Ekiza and Ayoze Perez. In the end we won 2-0 thanks to some superb finishing and a penalty save from veteran keeper Jaime.

--

LINEUPS
OPPRESGKRBCBCBLBCMCMAMRAMLAMCSTSUBS
Mal3-0JaimeLellMbiaEkizaEscuderoVassiljevTejeraKekoVadilloAyoze PerezAngel* 2Dos Santos, Ongenda, Valle
Celta Vigo2-2JaimeLellMbiaDos SantosEscuderoVassiljevTejeraKekoVadilloValleAngelBordachev, Ongenda
Val2-0JaimeLellMbiaDos SantosEscuderoVassiljevTejeraKekoVadilloValle*AngelBordachev, Ongenda

--

SUMMARY

This season is the 75th anniversary of this fine club and if we continue the way we have started then it is going to be a great season!!! We got 2 great away victories which made up for the disappointing home draw against Celta Vigo.

In the Europa League we have been drawn against FC Red Bull Salzburg, Dynamo Kiev and Botev Plovdiv. I would like to think we will qualify from this group.

The board gave me an extra $5m just before deadline day so I managed to bring in a new player. I was looking for a central midfielder but failed to bring one in as I pulled out of a deal to sign Andre Martins from Sporting Lisbon.

I did however sign Ruben Garcia from Levante for a bargain $1.3m. I had eyes on him earlier in the summer but was quoted $8m so to get him so cheap is extremely pleasing. He will compete with Vadillo, Ayoze Perez and Keko for a starting slot.
View attachment 344664

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KEKO

View attachment 344666

--

LIGA BBVA
View attachment 344665

Nice singings mate or as Neville would say "unbelievable Klippy!!!". Anyway good luck!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

images

SEPTEMBER

Eibar 1 (Vadillo 78)
Deportivo La Coruna 0

A decent win as I gave debuts to Ronnow and Ruben Garcia while Ongenda made his first start.

--

UEFA Europa League Group H
Botev (Plovdiv) 0
Eibar 1 (Ruben Garcia 80)

Check me out - resting players for league games no less!!! My backups got the job done here but it wasnt very convincing.

--

Sevilla 3 (Vitolo 11, Gameiro 19, 34pen)
Eibar 1 (Tejera 73)

We were awful here and were lucky not to lose by a lot more. Rusescu made his debut against his old club.

--

Eibar 2 (Keko 7, 84)

Getafe 0

Thats better!!! Keko has started the season well and I may have to offer him a new contract as his current one has a $2.3m release clause!!!

--

Atletico Madrid 2 (Eto'o 16, 39)

Eibar 2 (Mbia 49, Tejera 66)

A great comeback!!! We were ra ragged in the 1st half but in the 2nd we battled back and Tejera scored a stunning long range equaliser.

--

LINEUPS

DLC1-0RonnowLellMbiaEkizaEscudero*VassiljevTejeraKekoVadilloAyoze PerezOngendaRuben Garcia, Angel
Botev1-0RonnowXimoDos Santos*BordachevEscuderoDani GarciaErrastiNietoRuben GarciaValleOngendaAngel, I.Flano
Sev1-3RonnowLellDos SantosEkizaEscuderoVassiljevTejeraKekoVadilloAyoze PerezRusescuRuben Garcia, Bordachev, Ongenda
Get2-0RonnowLellMbiaEkizaEscuderoVassiljevTejeraKeko* 2VadilloAyoze PerezRusescuAngel
Atl M2-2RonnowLellMbiaEkizaEscuderoVassiljevTejeraKekoVadilloAyoze PerezRusescuOngenda, Ximo

--

SUMMARY

A decent month. We won the games that we were expected to win, got a great draw away to Atletico Madrid and got beat heavily by Sevilla.

We have a good chance to kick on over the next month or two as we have a decent run of fixtures. It is at the end of the season where things are more difficult as we face Real, Barca and Athletic in our last 4 games!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SERGIO TEJERA
View attachment 344550

--

LIGA BBVA
View attachment 344551

Last edited:
images

OCTOBER

Eibar 3 (Ekiza 21, Ruben Garcia 51, Selin og88)
Dynamo Kiev 5 (Belhanda 5, 61, 90, Bezus 59, Mbokani 67)

I dont know what happened here. We were 2-1 up and had a goal disallowed and then we just collapsed. Ongenda even missed a late penalty.

--

Eibar 1 (Mbia 56)
Espanyol 0

--

Rayo Vallecano 0
Eibar 0

This is our 6th clean sheet in our 9th league game this season.

--

FC Red Bull Salzburg 1 (Nielsen 79)
Eibar 4 (Vadillo 12, 48, 80, Ruben Garcia 66)

A very impressive victory that sees us move onto 6pts alongside Kiev and Salzburg.

--

Eibar 3 (Ruben Garcia 56, Keko 75, Rusescu 87)
Real Sociedad 0

Our 2nd half performance here was a joy to behold and Rusescu finally got off the mark. Another clean sheet in the league too!

--

Sporting Gijon 3 (Mandi 12, Isma 60, Guerrero 62)

Eibar 0

I was not expecting this score. A horror show.

--

LINEUPS
Kiev3-5RonnowXimoMbiaEkizaEscuderoDani GarciaErrastiKekoVadilloRuben GarciaAngelOngenda
Esp1-0RonnowLellMbia*EkizaBordachevVassiljevTejeraKekoVadilloAyoze PerezRusescuAngel, Valle, Ruben Garcia
Rayo0-0RonnowLellMbiaEkizaEscuderoVassiljevTejeraKekoVadilloRuben GarciaRusescuAyoze Perez
RBS4-1RonnowLellMbiaEkizaEscuderoErrastiTejeraKekoVadillo* 3Ruben GarciaRusescuDos Santos, Valle
R. Soc3-0RonnowLellMbiaEkizaEscuderoVassiljevValleKeko*VadilloRuben GarciaRusescuXimo, Dani Garcia
Gijon0-3RonnowLellMbiaEkizaEscuderoErrastiTejeraKekoVadilloRuben GarciaRusescu

--

SUMMARY

A decent month but the first and last games are best forgotten. We end the month challenging at the top of the table and in a decent position in our Europa League group so I cant grumble about how we are progressing.

I can however grumble about my summer signing, Rusescu. He has been poor and with Ongenda not ready and Angel not up to it I may need to strengthen up front in January and find someone to score a few goals like Davila did last season.

I dropped Ayoze Perez during the month as he wasnt performing and Ruben Garcia has come in and done very vell.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RUBEN GARCIA
View attachment 344509

--

LIGA BBVA
View attachment 344508

images

NOVEMBER

Eibar 3 (Roberto og25, Rusescu 61pen, Ruben Garcia 77)
Granada 2 (Oar 2, Finnbogason 14)

A great comeback but even when we went 2 down I thought we were doing ok as we had already struck the woodwork 3 times and did so again afterwards.

--

Eibar 2 (Valle 3, Ongenda 66)
FC Red Bull Salzburg 1 (Schaub 13)

I rested my first teamers here and my backups did the job. Ayoze Perez got 2 assists and Angel had a goal disallowed.

--

Eibar 5 (Rusescu 6, 12, 14, 42, Tejera 56)
Recreativo 2 (Gallegos 43, 66)

Rusescu amazingly missed a penalty inbetween his 1st and 2nd goals. An incredible invdividual performance against the leagues whipping boys.

--

Numancia 1 (Julio Alvarez 63)

Eibar 3 (Errasti 3, Tejera 49, Rusescu 55)

Numancia are the surprise package of the season and didnt deserve to lose so convincingly as they had 2 goals disallowed. That said, we had 1 chalked off.

Tejera scored a screamer of a free-kick for the 2nd game in a row.

--

Eibar 3 (Bordachev 53, Ongenda 73pen, Ayoze Perez 88)
BOTEV (Plovdiv) 1 (Grigorov 23)

This win secures our qualification into the next stage. Ayoze Perez scored his 1st goal for us and had 1 disallowed.

--

Eibar 2 (Ruben Garcia 47, Ekiza 86)

Villarreal 1 (Stracqualursi 33)

For the 3rd time this month we win after falling behind.

--

LINEUPS

Gran3-2RonnowLellMbiaEkizaEscuderoVassiljevTejeraKekoVadilloRuben Garcia*RusescuErrasti, Ayoze Perez
RBS2-1RonnowXimoDos SantosEkiza*BordachevErrastiDani GarciaAyoze PerezNietoValleAngelOngenda, Capa, Escudero
Rec5-2RonnowLellMbiaEkizaEscuderoVassiljevTejeraKekoVadilloRuben GarciaRusescu* 4Ayoze Perez
Num3-1RonnowLellMbiaEkizaEscuderoErrastiTejeraKekoVadilloAyoze PerezRusescu*Valle
Botev3-1RonnowXimoDos SantosEkizaBordachev*ErrastiDani GarciaAyoze PerezNietoValleAngelOngenda, M.Flano, I.Flano
Vill2-1RonnowLellMbiaEkizaEscuderoVassiljevTejeraKekoVadilloRuben GarciaRusescuOngenda, Ayoze Perez

--

SUMMARY

6 games, 6 wins, a perfect month!!!! We somehow are sitting 2nd in the league, sandwiched between Real and Barca and are right in the frame for a Champions League spot. Some may say a title challenge but we are yet to play the big two and we are nowhere near their level yet.

In the Europa League we have qualified and to top the group we need to beat Dynamo Kiev.

Raul Rusescu finally found his scoring touch as he netted 6 times. He was ably supported by my creative midfielders in Tejera, Keko, Ruben Garcia and Vadillo.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RAUL RUSESCU

View attachment 344452

--

LIGA BBVA
View attachment 344448

images

DECEMBER

Copa del Rey 4th Round 1st Leg
Guijuelo 2 (Laborda 42, Ballesteros 89)
Eibar 3 (Angel 12, Ayoze Perez 13, Valle 20)

--

Dynamo Kiev 4 (Khacheridi 5, Tanase 9, Kranjcar 27, Lyulka 32)
Eibar 4 (Ongenda 15, Angel 21, 78, Ekiza 82)

A crazy game but not enough to finish top. We certainly never know when we are beaten!!!

View attachment 344375

--

Eibar 1 (Vadillo 30)

Barcelona 6 (Neymar 5pen, Messi 31, 66, 76, Yarmolenko 36, 47)

We were given a hiding here but we should have scored 3 or 4 as we hit the woodwork a few times and missed some sitters. Ximo had a shocker with a rating of 3.8. A fine awaits.

--

Copa del Rey 4th Round 2nd Leg

Eibar 2 (Ayoze Perez 8, Dos Santos 31)
Guijuelo 0
(Eibar win 5-2 on aggregate)

Cosic made his debut here - he looks as though he will be a great player.

--

Real Madrid 1 (Ronaldo 90)
Eibar 2 (Vassiljev 29, Vadillo 43)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

--

LINEUPS
Guij3-2RonnowXimoDos SantosEkizaBordachevErrastiDani GarciaAyoze PerezNietoValle*AngelOngenda, Capa, Lillo
Kiev4-4RonnowXimoDos SantosEkizaBordachevErrastiDani GarciaAyoze PerezNietoOngendaAngel* 2Capa
Barc1-6RonnowXimoMbiaEkizaEscuderoVassiljevErrastiKekoVadilloRuben GarciaRusescuBordachev, Ayoze Perez, Dani Garcia
Guij2-0RonnowI.FlanoDos SantosMbiaBordachevErrastiCosicAyoze PerezNietoValle*AngelOngenda
Real M.2-1RonnowLellMbiaEkizaEscuderoVassiljev*TejeraKekoVadilloRuben GarciaRusescuDos Santos, Ongenda, Errasti

--

SUMMARY

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the field our disappointments against Kiev and Barca were well and truly forgotten about when we defeated Real Madrid at the Bernabeu.

We were also given some kind draws in the cups as Cordoba will be our opponents in the Copa del Rey and in the Europa League we will face Hoffenheim.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JONATAN VALLE
View attachment 344377

--

LIGA BBVA

View attachment 344376

images

JANUARY

Athletic Bilbao 2 (Benat 25, Rico 57)
Eibar 4 (Ruben Garcia 21, 53, Rusescu 34, 73pen)

A fantastic result and a fantastic performance but I still feel dirty.

--

Copa del Rey 5th Round 1st Leg
Eibar 6 (Rusescu 1, 28, 54pen, Vadillo 13, Ekiza 17, Ruben Garcia 62)
Cordoba 0

We are on fire just now. Cordoba are in the top flight remember so this is a great result.

--

Eibar 3 (Vadillo 13, Deivid og88, Ongenda 90)
Cordoba 0

A nice win but it could have been closer. Xisco had a one disallowed and missed several easy chances.

--

Copa del Rey 5th Round 2nd Leg

Cordoba 4 (Billiat 9, 11, Fidel 45, Xisco 46)
Eibar 1 (Bordachev 89)
(Eibar win 7-4 on aggregate)

I wasnt bothered about losing but this is not acceptable. 10-4 on aggregate to us over the three games though.

--

Eibar 2 (Vadillo 24, Tejera 56)
Malaga 1 (Soto 3)

To win without my 2 centre backs is a great achievement.

--

Copa del Rey QF 1st Leg

Eibar 2 (Escudero 33, Rusescu 38)
Atletico Madrid 2 (Mandzukic 12, Martinez 20)

For the 2nd time this season we make a 2 goal comeback against Atletico Madrid.

--

Eibar 1 (Ekiza 59)

Valencia 1 (Alcacer 38)

On one hand I am happy but given our recent form a draw at home is disappointing.

--

Copa del Rey QF 2nd Leg

Atletico Madrid 4 (Martinez 21, Mandzukic 36, Godin 49, Miranda 68pen)
Eibar 3 (Ruben Garcia 62, Nieto 71, Vadillo 90)
(Atletico Madrid win 6-5 on aggregate)

A spirited comeback but it was just not enough. Atletico Madrid seem to be my bogey team. We were missing a few players so this was a good effort.

--

Celta Vigo 2 (Nolito 43, Hernandez 65)
Eibar 6 (Nieto 11, 30, 42, 74, Ruben Garcia 29, Rusescu 58pen)

What a result!!!! I always thought Nieto had potential but I admit he has slipped from my radar this season but he jumped right back into the picture here!!!!!!

--

LINEUPS
Ath4-2RonnowLellDos SantosEkizaEscuderoErrastiTejeraKekoVadillo*Ruben Garcia 2Rusescu 2Nieto, Ximo
Cord6-0RonnowLellMbiaEkizaEscuderoErrastiTejeraKekoVadilloRuben GarciaRusescu* 3-
Cord3-0RonnowLell*MbiaEkizaEscuderoErrastiTejeraAyoze PerezVadilloRuben GarciaRusescuOngenda, Dani Garcia
Cord1-4RonnowXimoDos SantosEkizaBordachevErrastiDani GarciaAyoze PerezNietoValleAngelOngenda, Capa, Lillo
Malaga2-1RonnowLellDos SantosBordachevEscuderoErrastiTejeraKekoVadilloRuben Garcia*RusescuAyoze Perez, Dani Garcia
Atl M.2-2RonnowLellDos SantosEkizaEscuderoErrastiTejeraKekoVadilloRuben GarciaRusescuAyoze Perez
Val1-1RonnowLellDos SantosEkiza*EscuderoErrastiValleKekoVadilloRuben GarciaRusescuXimo, Angel, Ayoze Perez
Atl M.3-4RonnowXimoDos SantosEkizaBordachevCosicTejeraAyoze PerezVadilloRuben GarciaRusescu
Nieto, Ongenda, Angel
Celta Vigo6-2RonnowLellDos SantosBordachevEscuderoErrastiTejeraAyoze PerezNieto* 4Ruben GarciaRusescuDani Garcia

--

SUMMARY

This month was very successful . We managed to get some great results in the league and cup although we just came unstuck against Atletico Madrid in the Copa del Rey.

It looks likely that we will qualify for the Champions League and that is what is urgently needed if we are to truly expand. I can strengthen the playing staff on a small budget but we need the stadium expanded (rremember our capacity is only 5,250) as well as all the facilities improved if we are to give it a proper go.

On transfer deadline day I sold backup midfielder Dani Garcia to Malaga for $1m but to replace him in the squad I brought in Yoann Gourcuff from Lyon on loan for $700,000.
View attachment 344288

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALVARO VADILLO

View attachment 344293

--

LIGA BBVA
View attachment 344292

Last edited:
Nice signing and some great results.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

images

FEBRUARY

Deportivo La Coruna 0
Eibar 2 (Ayoze Perez 6, Vadillo 40)

A very good away win. We should have scored 5 or 6 with the amount of chances that we created.

--

Getafe 0
Eibar 2 (Angel 48, Vassiljev 89)

I gave Angel a rare start in the league here and he responded by scoring twice although one was disallowed.

--

UEFA Europa League 1st Round 1st Leg

Eibar 3 (Ruben Garcia 12, Ayoze Perez 77, Mbia 88)
TSG Hoffenheim 1 (Inui 47)

Another convincing performance. It could have been more as Ruben Garcia had a goal disallowed.

--

Eibar 1 (Vassiljev 48)
Sevilla 4 (Curro 2, Bacca 12, 40, Carrico 37pen)

I dont know where this performance and result came from. Sure I was missing a few players but we were awful.

--

UEFA Europa League 1st Round 2nd Leg
TSG Hoffenheim 3 (Salihovic 9, 30, Szalai 17)
Eibar 4 (Rusescu 28pen, Tejera 57, Escudero 67, Keko 69)
(Eibar win 7-4 on aggregate)

On the 48th minute my keeper, Ronnow, saved a Salihovic penalty and that moment changed the game, along with the red card that they got 5min later! From then on we dominated.

--

LINEUPS
DLC2-0RonnowLellMbiaEkiza*EscuderoGourcuffTejeraAyoze PerezVadilloRuben GarciaRusescuVassiljev, Angel
Get2-0RonnowLellMbiaEkizaEscudero*GourcuffVassiljevAyoze PerezVadilloRuben GarciaAngelCosic
Hoff3-1RonnowLellMbiaEkizaEscuderoGourcuffErrastiKeko*VadilloRuben GarciaRusescuAyoze Perez, Ongenda, Valle
Sev1-4RonnowLellMbiaEkizaBordachevVassiljevTejeraNietoVadilloAyoze PerezRusescuCosic, Ongenda, Ximo
Hoff4-3RonnowLellMbiaEkizaEscudero*VassiljevTejeraKekoVadilloGourcuffRusescuDos Santos, Ayoze Perez, Valle

--

SUMMARY

Apart from the horror show against Sevilla this was a good month and we end it with a chance (albeit highly unlikely) of the title. We are also through to the 2nd round of the Europa League where we will play FC Kobenhavn.

Next month will see the youth intake and a load of games both at home and abroad so we shall see how my players will cope with the extra demands.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SERGIO ESCUDERO
View attachment 344055

--

LIGA BBVA
View attachment 344054

images

MARCH

Eibar 4 (Vadillo 11, Rusescu 25, 63, Keko 82)
Atletico Madrid 1 (Leo 81)

A magnificent performance against a side that usually rips us apart. This puts us 9pts clear of Atletico and 14 clear of 5th place which means Champions League football will surely be ours for next season.

--

Espanyol 1 (Fernando Bob 70)
Eibar 2 (Gourcuff 16, 88)

--

UEFA Europa League 2nd Round 1st Leg
Eibar 3 (Rusescu 26, 81, Vadillo 84)
FC Kobenhavn 2 (Gislason 6, Nilsson 59)

I forgot to do a team talk before the game and we were struggling but in the end we managed to nick the win.

--

Eibar 4 (Rusescu 19, Ruben Garcia 26, 36, Ekiza 28)

Rayo Vallecano 2 (Ze Castro 13, Bergdich 80)

We were terrible for the 1st 15min but then we kicked into gear and were superb.

--

UEFA Europa 2nd Round 2nd Leg

FC Kobenhavn 2 (Adi 1, 6pen)
Eibar 3 (Dos Santos 46, Rusescu 59, 68pen)
(Eibar win 6-4 on aggregate)

A fantastic comeback!!!

--

Eibar 2 (Vadillo 51, Ruben Garcia 60)

Sporting Gijon 3 (Scepovic 26, 50, Ivan Hernandez 45)

AAAGGGGHHHH!!!! Sporting do the double over us and both times we have been on a great run of form and then they bring us back down to earth.

--

LINEUPS
Atl M.4-1RonnowLellMbiaEkizaEscuderoVassiljevTejeraKekoVadilloGourcuffRusescu* 2Cosic
Esp2-1RonnowLellDos SantosEkizaEscuderoVassiljevTejeraKekoVadilloGourcuff* 2RusescuCosic, Angel, Ayoze Perez
Kob3-2RonnowLellDos SantosEkizaEscuderoVassiljevTejeraKekoVadilloGourcuffRusescu* 2Ximo, Bordachev, Errasti
Rayo4-2RonnowLellMbiaEkizaEscuderoGourcuffTejeraKekoVadilloRuben Garcia* 2RusescuCosic
Kob3-2RonnowLellMbiaDos SantosBordachevVassiljevTejeraKekoNietoAyoze PerezRusescu 2I.Flano
Gijon2-3RonnowLellMbiaEkizaEscuderoGourcuffVassiljevKekoVadilloRuben GarciaRusescuXimo, Valle, Ayoze Perez

--

SUMMARY

A good month. We won all our games except from the last match against Sporting Gijon but I suppose after you have beaten Atletico Madrid 4-1 you can take that. Any slim hopes of the title is pretty much gone as we are 6pts off the top but 3rd place is assured.

One worrying aspect is the fact that my usual rock solid defence has been dodgy as we are conceding far too many goals.

In the Europa League we will renew acquaintances with Dynamo Kiev. They had the better of us in the group stage but this time I will be playing my strongest side so we shall see if that changes things.

I got 1 great looking prospect in the youth intake. Alvaro Yanguas has been promoted straight into the first team squad and along with Cosic will get some sub appearances to try and aid his development while also playing for the U19s.
View attachment 344043

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RAUL RUSESCU

View attachment 344047

--

LIGA BBVA
View attachment 344045

Last edited:
images

APRIL

Real Sociedad 1 (Canales 73)
Eibar 2 (Keko 53, Ruben Garcia 88)

A hard fought win but Sociedad had a last minute goal disallowed fortunately.

--

UEFA Europa League QF 1st Leg

Dynamo Kiev 2 (Tremoulinas 41, Tanase 80)
Eibar 3 (Tejera 15, Rusescu 26, 37)

I am happy with this result even if I am annoyed at conceding the laste goal. Yanguas came off the bench to make his debut.

--

Recreativo 0
Eibar 1 (Gourcuff 41)

Gourcuff's stunning long range strike won the game for us here.

--

UEFA Europa League QF 2nd Leg
Eibar 2 (Rusescu 21, Mbia 34)
Dynamo Kiev 2 (Bezus 25pen, 66pen)
(Eibar win 5-4 on aggregate)

This match makes it 25 goals in 4 games between us and Dynamo Kiev this season.

Eibar are in a European semi-final!!!!!

--

Eibar 1 (Nieto 8)
Numancia 1 (Enrich 86)

Very disappointing.

--

Granada 4 (Javi Ros 3pen, 32pen, 79pen, Assulin 48)
Eibar 1 (Dos Santos 90)

******* PATHETIC!!!!!!!

The only good news here is that despite the defeat we have qualified for next seasons Champions League.

--

Villarreal 1 (Moreno 53)
Eibar 3 (Rusescu 24, Ruben Garcia 70, 76pen)

How we won this with the side I put out, with their fitness levels as they are and after our thumping against Granada, I dont know. Ruben Garcia had a 3rd goal disallowed.

--

UEFA Europa League SF 1st Leg

Eibar 3 (Rusescu 16, 39, Vadillo 65)
Fiorentina 1 (Daprela 89)

I am delighted that we have 1 foot in the final but I am so annoyed at conceding such a late away goal.

--

LINEUPS
R. Soc2-1RonnowLellMbiaDos SantosEscuderoGourcuffTejera*KekoVadilloRuben GarciaRusescuOngenda, Ximo
Kiev3-2RonnowLellMbiaDos SantosEscuderoGourcuffTejeraKekoVadilloRuben GarciaRusescu* 2Yanguas
Rec1-0RonnowLellMbiaDos SantosEscuderoGourcuff *CosicKekoVadilloRuben GarciaRusescuOngenda, Ayoze Perez
Kiev2-2RonnowXimoMbia
SO
Dos SantosEscuderoGourcuffTejeraKekoVadilloRuben GarciaRusescuYanguas, Bordachev, Vassiljev
Num1-1RonnowLellMbiaDos SantosEscuderoGourcuffTejeraAyoze PerezNietoRuben Garcia*RusescuBordachev, Errasti, Valle
Gran1-4RonnowXimoMbiaDos SantosBordachevVassiljevCosicKekoVadilloRuben GarciaRusescuYanguas, Errasti, Angel
Vill3-1RonnowLilloLellDos SantosEscuderoGourcuffTejeraKekoNietoRuben Garcia* 2RusescuAyoze Perez, Errasti, Capa
Fior3-1RonnowLellBordachevDos SantosEscuderoGourcuffTejeraKekoVadillo*Ruben GarciaRusescu 2Vassiljev

--

SUMMARY

We werent at our best this month but we just about got by. We secured Champions League football and are ahead in the Europa League semi-final but the heavy defeat to Granada still leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Going into the final month of the season my focus is on trying to win the Europa League but with the holders, Man Utd, 2-0 up in their semi, it will be very tough to do so.

I signed a 16y/o CB on a free transfer who looks to be a decent prospect.
View attachment 343915

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RUBEN GARCIA
View attachment 343916

--

LIGA BBVA
View attachment 343917

Last edited:
images

MAY

Eibar 0
Real Madrid 4 (Ronaldo 50, 52, Benzema 61, 72)

I accept this defeat as I rested my first picks for the next game so we never had a chance.

--

UEFA Europa League SF 2nd Leg

Fiorentina 0
Eibar 2 (Keko 20, Mbia 85)
(Eibar win 5-1 on aggregate)

I am delighted with this win. I expected us to lose or maybe draw but never did I think that we would win 2-0. Man Utd, the holders, will be our opponents in the final.

--

Barcelona 3 (Neymar 61, Messi 74, 81)
Eibar 0

MEH!!! Even with a full strength team we would probably have got beat so I decided to rest my players for the final.

--

UEFA Europa League Final
Eibar 1 (Keko 28)
Manchester United 0

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!

I cant quite believe it. We were pummelled by Man Utd here (26 shots to 7) and my keeper, Ronnow, got the man of the match award as he single handedly kept United at bay.

This has to go down as one of my greatest achievements in FM.

--

Eibar 2 (Ruben Garcia 21, Vadillo 64)
Athletic Bilbao 0

A good win but as ever I am not happy at beating Bilbao. I gave Cosic and Yanguas a start here and Cosic got an assist.

--

Cordoba 3 (Xisco 23, Pedro Lopez 52pen, Fran Cruz 67)
Eibar 3 (Ruben Garcia 33, Rusescu 45, 65)

An entertaining final game of the season which saw Yoann Gourcuff get sent-off.

--

LINEUPS

Real M.0-4RonnowXimoMbiaLellBordachevVassiljevErrastiAyoze PerezNietoValleAngelEscudero, Capa, Ruben Garcia
Fior2-0RonnowLellMbia*Dos SantosEscuderoGourcuffTejeraKekoVadilloRuben GarciaRusescuVassiljev, Angel
Barc0-3RonnowXimoMbiaBordachevLilloVassiljevErrastiNietoValleOngendaAngelRuben Garcia, Escudero, Gourcuff
Man Utd1-0Ronnow*LellEkizaDos SantosEscuderoGourcuffTejeraKekoVadilloRuben GarciaRusescuVassiljev
Ath2-0RonnowLellMbiaYanguasEscuderoGourcuffCosicKekoVadilloRuben Garcia*RusescuAyoze Perez
Cord3-3RonnowLellMbiaYanguasEscuderoGourcuffCosicKekoVadilloRuben GarciaRusescu* 2Ximo, Dos Santos, Ayoze Perez

--

SUMMARY

Results wise as a whole this month was poor but I dont care as we won the Europa League and thats all that matters. I rested my team for the matches against Real and Barca so I expected to lose them so we were fresh for the final against Man Utd.

In the end it worked a treat but it took a great performance from my keeper for us to win the trophy. We were also helped by the fact that Man Utd fielded a weakened side against us but hey ho we win they lose!!!

An end of season post is to follow.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
STEPHANE MBIA
View attachment 343875

images

images

END OF SEASON POST

This season marked the clubs 75 year anniversary and it was a special year on the field too. We got a record finish in the league of 3rd place which of course guarantees Champions League football for next season and also got to the quarter-finals of the Copa del Rey and of course we won the Europa League!

In the league we did well and are at the level that my side should be. We just lack consistency as every so often a horror performance and result creeps in. We scored nearly 30 goals less and conceded 30 goals more than Real and Barca so we wont get near those 2 until that is sorted. That said we were right up there until the final couple of months of the season.

The Copa del Rey was ok. There was no shame in going out to Atletico Madrid and we pushed them all the way over the 2 legs.

In the Europa League we were fantastic as we lost only 1 of our 17 games. We scored 41 goals in the competition as my players took to the European stage like a duck to water. Going into the tournament I thought a run to the quarters would be decent so to win it is a fantastic achievement.

We did benefit from a kind draw and really only came up against much better opposition when we reached the final and we managed to fluke the win.

Squad wise I was fairly happy overall. I have some exciting young players now both in the first team and waiting in the wings. My bargain summer signings Ronnow, Ruben Garcia and Vadillo were superb while Rusescu scored a ton of goals after a very slow start.

Ximo had a nightmare of a season and must do better but he is a backup so not too fussed.

--

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 343874

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

View attachment 343873

--

MY PLAYER OF THE SEASON
RUBEN GARCIA

View attachment 343872

--

MY YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON