S.D. Eibar - The Minnows Amongst the Big Boys

images

PRE-SEASON POST

I went into the summer determined to strengthen the squad but at the same time keep an eye out for young players for the future. I also went in with the plan of buying players rather than getting 3 or 4 on loan and I think I have done that.

I was given a budget of $17m which I felt was decent enough. I have a tight wage structure in place with the highest paid player being on $29,000 a week so I had to choose my targets carefully and I couldnt get some others like Dzeko who signed for Valencia on a free transfer but is on $85k a week!!!

Here is who I signed...........

--

PLAYERS IN

My biggest signing was Mats Moller Daehli from Cardiff City for $5.5m. I have seen him turn into a great player before and he will no doubt excel here. His natural position is as a MC but I think I will play him further forward.
View attachment 343822

I brought in a new RB in the shape of Patric. The Brazilian came in for a fee of $2.4m and he will be an important player for us.
View attachment 343821

The other 3 permanent signings for the first team were brought in on the cheap. Roberto Rosales came in from Malaga for $675,000 and will provide cover in at RB. John Guidetti was brought in from Man City on a free transfer while Ruben Rochina came in from Granada on a free.
View attachment 343820View attachment 343819View attachment 343818

My only loan signing was to bring in Kurt Zouma from Chelsea.
View attachment 343817

These 3 regens came in from FC Nordsjaelland for a total of $850,000.
View attachment 343816View attachment 343815View attachment 343814

And these two came in for a total of $1.5m.
View attachment 343813View attachment 343812

--

PLAYERS OUT

I fell out with Stephane Mbia and he went to West Brom for $2.3m. He played 76 times and scored 6 goals for us. Ximo left for Sporting Gijon for $1.5m after his poor season which made us nearly a $1m profit.

Angel (54 games/13 goals) was sold to Cordoba for $775,000 and Christian Lell (84 apps) was sold to Hertha Berlin for $500,000. Lell was let go quite cheaply but he was over 30 and he gave away about 50 penalties last season and he was on a big wage so it was time for him to go.

Jaime and Lillo were released and out on loan went summer signing Boudzoumou and Valle.

Obviously my loanees from last season are gone too.

--

SUMMARY

There are some big changes both positionally and in the actual players themselves. Vadillo played LW last season but will be in his preferred RW position this season. Ruben Garcia was my AMC last term but will play in his favoured AML slot. 17y/o Cosic will start in my central midfield.

Ronnow

Escudero - Ekiza - Zouma - Patric

Cosic - Tejera

Ruben Garcia (LW) - Moller Daehli - Vadillo (RW)

Guidetti

Here is a screenie of Cosic..........
View attachment 343807

The target for the season is to get a bit closer to the big two in the league. In the Champions League I would take going out in the group stage to give us a chance to reclaim the Europa League, depending on the draw of course!!!

images

AUGUST

Eibar 1 (Guidetti 45)
Real Madrid 3 (Modric 3, 21, Benzema 60)

Not a good start to the season but it wasnt exactly the easiest fixture we could have had!

--

Osasuna 0
Eibar 5 (Guidetti 13, Ruben Garcia 45, 88, Moller Daehli 47, Rusescu 84)

We bounce back with a great win over Osasuna here. Moller Daehli got a debut goal.

--

UEFA European Super Cup
Eibar 4 (Vadillo 56, Guidetti 63, Cosic 77, Moller Daehli 94)
Arsenal 4 (Giroud 20, Oxlade-Chamberlain 26, Berardi 90, 91)
(AET Arsenal win 4-3 on penalties)

This was some match!!! We went 2 down and were out of it and even had a Guidetti goal disallowed before we stormed back to lead 3-2 going into stoppage time but we got pegged back. We traded goals in extra-time and we even had the advantage in the penalty shoot-out but Cosic and Moller Daehli missed to give the cup to Arsenal.

--

Eibar 2 (Dos Santos 9, Keko 37)
Deportivo La Coruna 0

We were without several players here so this was a good win.

--

LINEUPS
OPPRESGKRBCBCBLBCMCMAMRAMLAMCSTSUBS
Real M1-3RonnowPatricDos SantosEkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraKekoVadilloRuben GarciaGuidettiRochina, Errasti, Rosales
Osas5-0RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraVadilloRuben Garcia* 2Moller DaehliGuidettiErrasti, Keko, Rusescu
****4-4RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiKeko, Errasti, Rochina
DLC2-0RonnowPatricDos Santos*EkizaBordachevVassiljevErrastiKekoRuben GarciaRochinaGuidettiYanguas, Bach, Nieto

--

SUMMARY

This was a tough start to the season and we did ok. We lost to Real Madrid but won our other 2 league games and we took Arsenal to penalties in the European Super Cup.

In the Champions League we have been given an awkward group as we have been drawn against Juventus, Stuttgart and Galatasaray.

On deadline day I signed 3 new players, one for the first team squad, one for the youth team squad and one who has already been loaned out.........
View attachment 343699View attachment 343698View attachment 343697

Andrija Milina came in from GNK Dinamo for $750,000 and he will provide cover for CM while he develops into a top player. Brian Larsen was brought in for $850,000 and takes my Danish contingent to 4 while Jaka Zvipelj was signed from Maribor for $825,000 takes my Slovenian contingent up to 2 and he has gone out on loan to Rayo Vallecano.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JOHN GUIDETTI
View attachment 343708

--

LIGA BBVA
View attachment 343711

Nice signings and a good start, well done.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Man you are really good at this game.. You always use the same tactic in your stories or just the formation?

Here's hoping the top two have a little slip up and you can take advantage of that. Looking forward to seeing how it goes in the Champions League.

images

SEPTEMBER

Granada 1 (Bravo 56)
Eibar 3 (Ekiza 32, Moller Daehli 39, Guidetti 45)

A very good away performance.

--

UEFA Champions League Group H
Eibar 4 (Moller Daehli 3, Ruben Garcia 9, Vadillo 64, Guidetti 69)
Galatasaray 1 (Umut Bulut 45)

This was an excellent debut in the Champions League for us. We dominated throughout and deserved the victory.

--

Eibar 3 (Vadillo 8, 67, Guidetti 65)
Malaga 1 (Anderson 38)

Another good win and performance. We didnt miss Moller Daehli at all as Rochina came in and got 2 assists which made him pick up the MoM award.

--

Real Betis 0

Eibar 3 (Keko 22, 38, Ekiza 90)

Vadillo couldnt face his old side but his replacement, Keko, came in and scored twice.

--

Cordoba 4 (Xisco 29, Timor 35, 88, Fidel 37)
Eibar 4 (Guidetti 28, 86, Keko 33, Vadillo 46)

An entertaining match but I am very annoyed at conceding such a late equaliser.

--

VfB Stuttgart 3 (da Costa 9, Maxim 45, Ibisevic 75)
Eibar 2 (Ruben Garcia 24, Rusescu 81)

This is kinda disappointing as I thought we could get the better of them. Both sides had a goal disallowed.

--

LINEUPS
Gran3-1RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoCosicTejera*VadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiMilina
Gala4-1RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller Daehli*GuidettiMilina, Rusescu, Rochina
Malaga3-1RonnowPatricDos SantosEkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraVadillo 2Ruben GarciaRochina*GuidettiNieto, Milina
Real Betis3-0RonnowPatricBordachevEkizaEscuderoMilinaTejeraKeko* 2Ruben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiNieto, Vassiljev
Cord4-4RonnowPatricZoumaDos SantosEscuderoCosicTejeraKekoRuben GarciaVadillo*Guidetti 2Rochina, Milina
Stutt2-3RonnowPatricZoumaDos SantosEscuderoMilinaTejeraVadilloRuben Garcia*Moller DaehliGuidettiRusescu, Errasti, Keko

--

SUMMARY

Goals galore this month as we scored 19 in 6 games which is pretty decent but what isnt decent is conceding 10!!!! The month was fairly successful though with the only slip up coming against Stuttgart in the Champions League.

(I found out today that Eibar signed Derek Boateng in real life - he would have been great for me in the first two seasons!!!!!)

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALVARO VADILLO
View attachment 343331

--

LIGA BBVA
View attachment 343334

Last edited:
images

OCTOBER

Barcelona 2 (Suarez 43, Messi 60)
Eibar 0

MEH!!!! We will beat them one day............

--

Eibar 3 (Moller Daehli 4, Cabrera og43, Guidetti 49)
Elche 1 (Herrera 83)

After two defeats in a row it was vital that we won this one as the next one wont be easy..............

--

Eibar 2 (Guidetti 11, Moller Daehli 13)
Juventus 2 (Pogba 16, Ferreyra 41)

While I am obviously happy with a point I am annoyed that we threw away a 2 goal lead.

--

Eibar 1 (Guidetti 47)
Celta Vigo 0

--

Sporting Gijon 0
Eibar 2 (Vadillo 42, Rusescu 84)

Sporting did the double over us last season so we were out of revenge and duly got it. Vadillo scored a stunning volley for the first.

--

Atletico Madrid 1 (Martinez 57)

Eibar 1 (Rusescu 82)

We played really well here and couldnt convert our chances until Rusescu saved us late on.

--

LINEUPS
Barc0-2RonnowPatricZoumaDos SantosBordachevMilinaTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiRusescu, Rochina, Rosales
Elche3-1RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoMilina*TejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiRochina
Juve2-2RonnowPatricDos SantosEkizaEscuderoMilinaTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiYanguas, Errasti
Celta Vigo1-0Ronnow*PatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiRochina, Yanguas
Gijon2-0RonnowPatricYanguasBordachevEscuderoCosicMilinaVadillo*Ruben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiBach, Rusescu
Atl M1-1RonnowRosalesZoumaEkizaBordachevMilinaTejeraKekoRuben GarciaRochinaGuidettiNieto, Yanguas, Rusescu

--

SUMMARY

A decent month. We lost to Barcelona but got good draws against Juventus and Atletico Madrid plus a revenge victory over Sporting Gijon. Already the top 4 are threatening to break away and we are right in the mix.

In the Copa del Rey we have been drawn against the only non-league side left in the cup, Avila.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FREDERIK RONNOW
View attachment 343291

--

LIGA BBVA
View attachment 343292

images

NOVEMBER

Juventus 2 (Ferreyra 38, 55)
Eibar 0

I didnt expect a win here but unfortunately Stuttgart won so we are 3pts behind them which is worrying. Maybe a return to the Europa League is on!!

--

Eibar 1 (Guidetti 61)
Valencia 1 (Stindl 83)

A decent point as we were down to 10 men for a big chunk of the match. It was frustrating but understandable that we conceded late on.

--

Eibar 3 (Tejera 15, Moller Daehli 64, Gabriel og66)
Getafe 1 (Diego Castro 43)

Ruben Garcia had a goal disallowed which was a shame.

--

Galatasaray 1 (Umut Bulut 18)
Eibar 2 (Guidetti 13, Rochina 81)

Rochina's late goal keeps us in with a chance of qualifying as Stuttgart beat Juventus. This means we have to beat Stuttgart to qualify for the knockout stages.

--

Sevilla 4 (Cisse 15, 52, Bacca 75, 82)
Eibar 2 (Guidetti 37, 49)

I am so ****** off at this score as we committed suicide with 3 awful defensive errors that cost us 3 goals.

--

LINEUPS

Juve0-2RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiRusescu, Errasti
Val1-1RonnowPatricZoumaEkiza*EscuderoCosicTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiMilina, Yanguas, Keko
Get3-1RonnowPatricDos SantosEkizaEscuderoMilinaTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller Daehli*GuidettiRusescu, Keko, Yanguas
Gala2-1RonnowPatric*ZoumaEkizaEscuderoErrastiTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiRochina, Vassiljev
Sev2-4RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidetti 2Rochina, Dos Santos

--

SUMMARY

A mixed month was had here as we won 2 and lost 2 with a draw thrown in for good measure. The defeat against Sevilla was not on though as my defence had a day off with short back passes and missing easy clearances etc.

It is due to performances and mistakes like that that we are not realistically challenging for the title so until I can get a few world class players in the same will keep happening I fear.

We have a huge game against Stuttgart next month. A win will keep us in the Champions League and we would collect all the extra money that goes with that but a draw or a defeat lets us fight to retain the Europa League which is not a bad backup option.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JOHN GUIDETTI
View attachment 343273

--

LIGA BBVA
View attachment 343272

images

DECEMBER

Copa del Rey 4th Round 1st Leg
Avila 1 (Lazaro 43)
Eibar 4 (Rusescu 10, 32, Yanguas 24, Bordachev 58)

A win as expected but I am disappointed as Nieto had 2 goals disallowed.

--

Eibar 3 (Moller Daehli 34, 39, Ruben Garcia 71)
VfB Stuttgart 2 (Elm 31, Ibisevic 74)

We go through - but only just on goal difference as we had the same results head to head and conceded the same amount of goals but we scored 2 goals more.

View attachment 342979

--

Real Sociedad 3 (Alvaro 15, Agirretxe 38, 40)
Eibar 2 (Guidetti 26, 48)

I hoped for at least a draw here but it was not to be. Thats 2 defeats on the trot in the league now.

--

Copa del Rey 4th Round 2nd Leg

Eibar 2 (Rusescu 4, Rochina 61)
Avila 1 (Lazaro 41)
(Eibar win 6-2 on aggregate)

I expected a much bigger win but hey-ho.

--

Eibar 2 (Keko 43, Guidetti 49)
Athletic Bilbao 0

I would have much rather have lost to Bilbao and beat Sociedad. Never mind.

--

LINEUPS
Avila4-1RonnowRosalesYanguasDos SantosBordachevErrastiVassiljevKekoNietoRochinaRusescu* 2Capa
Stutt3-2RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller Daehli* 2GuidettiErrasti
R. Soc2-3RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidetti 2Errasti, Keko, Rochina
Avila2-1RonnowRosalesYanguasDos SantosBordachevCosicErrastiKekoNietoRochina*RusescuCapa
Ath2-0RonnowPatricZouma*EkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraKekoVadilloMoller DaehliGuidettiRochina

--

SUMMARY

This time last year we were heavily involved in the title race but this season we are nowhere near it which is disappointing. We did not bad this month. Although we lost to Real Sociedad we did beat Bilbao, progressed in the Copa del Rey and more importantly progressed in the Champions League by beating Stuttgart.

In the cup draws we will play Everton in the Champions League and Sporting Gijon in the Copa del Rey so I am happy with those ties.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JOHN GUIDETTI

View attachment 342959

--

LIGA BBVA
View attachment 342960

images

JANUARY

Eibar 5 (Guidetti 49, Zouma 53, Cosic 54, Dos Santos 81, Tejera 83)
Numancia 1 (Zouma og29)

If ever there was a game of two halves it was this one as we were awful in the first half and superb in the 2nd.

--

Copa del Rey 5th Round 2nd Leg
Eibar 2 (Vadillo 2, 49)
Sporting Gijon 1 (Perez 7)

We have a slight advantage going into the 2nd leg but it is precarious.

--

Villarreal 1 (G. dos Santos 84)
Eibar 2 (Ekiza 87, Vadillo 90)

SMASH AND GRAB!!!! We were pretty poor here and only kicked into gear once they took the lead. Better late than never I suppose.

--

Copa del Rey 5th Round 2nd Leg
Sporting Gijon 3 (Donoso 40, Bustos 57, 85)
Eibar 3 (Moller Daehli 24, Guidetti 70, Zouma 87)
(Eibar win 5-4 on aggregate)

It was 2-2 and we were through when Ruben Garcia had a goal disallowed for us, then they scored which would have put them through immediately but from the restart Zouma scored to send us through.

--

Eibar 1 (Guidetti 6)
Osasuna 0

--

Copa del Rey QF 1st Leg
Eibar 3 (Zouma 28, Ekiza 30, Vadillo 44)
Sevilla 1 (Juanfran 57)

A good win this. We were without a few players so I gave young Klevze his debut.

--

Real Madrid 4 (Ronaldo 18, 90, Modric 25, Benzema 77)

Eibar 0

We were never going to win this match as several players were unfit due to the cup match a few days ago.

--

Copa del Rey QF 2nd Leg
Sevilla 2 (Cisse 18, Vitolo 90)
Eibar 3 (Vadillo 31, Moller Daehli 36, Ruben Garcia 45)
(Eibar win 6-3 on aggregate)

We started off very poorly and fell behind but they had a man sent-off just before the half hour mark and after that we controlled the game and won it easily enough.

--

Deportivo La Coruna 3 (Bajramovic 4, 40, 86)

Eibar 6 (Keko 8, 11, Bergantinos og22, Guidetti 67, 85, Dos Santos 69)

An entertaining affair!!!! Their forward, Bajramovic, is a decent regen and he terrorised us here.

--

LINEUPS
Num5-1RonnowPatricZouma*EkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiDos Santos
Gijon2-1RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraVadillo* 2Ruben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiKeko, Rusescu, Milina
Vil2-1RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoMilinaTejera*VadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiRusescu, Rochina
Gijon3-3RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoErrastiTejeraKekoRuben GarciaMoller Daehli*GuidettiRosales, Rochina
Osas1-0RonnowPatricZouma*EkizaEscuderoMilinaTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidetti-
Sev3-1RonnowPatricZouma*EkizaBordachevKlevzeErrastiKekoVadilloRuben GarciaGuidettiRochina, Rusescu
Real M.0-4RonnowRosalesDos SantosBordachevEscuderoMilinaTejeraKekoVadilloMoller DaehliGuidettiRusescu, Rochina, Errasti
Sev3-2RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller Daehli*GuidettiRusescu, Rochina
DLC6-3RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaBordachevMilinaErrastiKeko 2Ruben GarciaRochinaGuidetti 2Nieto, Dos Santos, Yanguas

--

SUMMARY

This was a crazy month as we had to fit in 9 games. We did great though as we only lost 1 of them to Real Madrid and managed to pick up 7 wins. We have also progressed to the semi-finals of the Copa del Rey where we will face Granada.

I loaned out Konstantin Vassiljev and to replace him I recalled the young Sloveniain midfielder Bojan Klevze.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KURT ZOUMA
View attachment 342874

--

LIGA BBVA
View attachment 342873

images

FEBRUARY

Copa del Rey SF 1st Leg
Eibar 4 (Escudero 1, Guidetti 57, Rusescu 63, Moller Daehli 75)
Granada 0

This should be good enough to book a place in the final. Atletico beat Real 2-0 in the other semi!

--

Eibar 3 (Moller Daehli 5, Cosic 12, Ekiza 18)

Granada 1 (Javi Ros 17pen)

Granada must be getting sick of us now - 1 more to go...........

--

Copa del Rey SF 2nd Leg
Granada 2 (Machis 40, Borja 70)
Eibar 2 (Rusescu 30, Rochina 41)
(Eibar win 6-2 on aggregate)

All 3 of my subs were Danish!!! Real beat Atletico 2-0 but Atletico won on penalties.

--

Malaga 1 (Rodri 87)
Eibar 2 (Vadillo 15, Moller Daehli 22)

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
Eibar 3 (Ruben Garcia 11, Guidetti 61, 90pen)
Everton 2 (Fletcher 31, McCarthy 59)

The 2 away goals is a worry but we have the narrow lead which we must hang on to.

--

Eibar 4 (Moller Daehli 36, 62, Ruben Garcia 38, Ekiza 87)
Real Betis 1 (Jona 17)

We started off brilliantly and hit the woodwork 2 or 3 times and I was stunned when we fell behind but we kept our composure and played our natural game to win easily.

--

Eibar 0
Cordoba 0

An extremely rare nil nil draw. We should have won though as we wasted so many chances.

--

LINEUPS

Gran4-0RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscudero*CosicTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiMilina, Rusescu
Gran3-1RonnowRosalesZoumaEkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller Daehli*GuidettiYanguas
Gran2-2RonnowRosalesYanguasDos SantosBordachevMilinaErrastiKekoNietoRochinaRusescuChristensen, Bach, Justesen
Malaga2-1RonnowPatricZoumaDos SantosEscuderoCosicMilinaVadilloRuben GarciaMoller Daehli*GuidettiRusescu
Ever3-2RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaRochinaGuidetti* 2Keko, Milina, Klevze
Real Betis4-1RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller Daehli* 2GuidettiMilina, Rusescu
Cord0-0RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiMilina, Rusescu, Keko

--

SUMMARY

A busy month which we come out from unbeaten and have a place in the Copa del Rey final against Atletico Madrid and also a slight advantage over Everton in the Champions League.

Mats Moller Daehli was superb this month - I forgot to mention that he was named as the new European Golden Boy in January.

Busy month in March with the youth intake of course.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MATS MOLLER DAEHLI

View attachment 341609

--

LIGA BBVA
View attachment 341610

images

MARCH

Elche 1 (Bueno 32)
Eibar 3 (Guidetti 42pen, Moller Daehli 65, Keko 87)

Keko may not be first choice this season but he seems to score fairly regularly anyway as he now has 8 goals in the league.

--

Celta Vigo 0

Eibar 2 (Guidetti 30, 44)

Celta may be bottom of the league but I had to rest half my team here so I didnt expect to win so comfortably.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
Everton 2 (Fletcher 51, McCarthy 58)
Eibar 2 (Guidetti 19, Moller Daehli 74)
(Eibar win 5-4 on aggregate)

Through we go in to the quarter-finals of the Champions League. Didnt think I would be saying that so soon when I took over.

--

Eibar 1 (Ekiza 35)
Barcelona 2 (Deulofeu 45, Messi 73)

We did well until we scored and then Barca went up the gears and dominated. On this performance though we are getting closer........

--

Eibar 2 (Zouma 13, Patric 40)

Sporting Gijon 0

--

UEFA Champions League QF 1st Leg
Eibar 2 (Moller Daehli 66, 89)
Arsenal 3 (Giroud 1, Walcott 8, Berardi 75)

Our terrible start killed us here which is annoying. Arsenal are a side which I admire - loads of technical players with bags of pace.

--

LINEUPS

Elche3-1RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoCosicMilinaVadilloRuben GarciaMoller Daehli*GuidettiKeko, Errasti
Celta Vigo2-0RonnowPatricDos SantosYanguasBordachevErrastiKlevzeKekoVadilloRochinaGuidetti* 2Zouma, Rusescu, Ruben Garcia
Ever2-2RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoCosicMilinaVadilloRuben GarciaMoller Daehli*Guidetti-
Barc1-2RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoKlevzeMilinaVadilloRuben GarciaRochinaGuidettiBordachev, Nieto, Errasti
Gijon2-0RonnowPatricZouma*EkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiMilina, Rusescu
****2-3RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller Daehli* 2GuidettiRusescu, Keko

--

SUMMARY

A tricky month which had it ups and downs. In the league we did ok and only lost a narrow game to Barcelona. In the Champions League we knocked out Everton before losing at home against Arsenal so it looks as though we will be going out in the quarter-finals.

I got a new feeder side in the shape of Maccabi Tel-Aviv from Israel.

The youth intake was rubbish in terms of the number of players good enough to keep but we did get one decent looking player in.........
View attachment 341454

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MATS MOLLER DAEHLI

View attachment 341452

--

LIGA BBVA
View attachment 341451

images

APRIL

Valencia 0
Eibar 3 (Moller Daehli 29, Guidetti 63, Vadillo 70)

An amazing away performance and result - if only we can do it again inour next match..........

--

UEFA Champions League QF 2nd Leg

Arsenal 4 (Giroud 36, 49, Wilshere 41, Berardi 70)
Eibar 2 (Milina 60, Guidetti 84)
(Arsenal win 7-4 on aggregate)

Our European adventure is over but I have no complaints at going out ot the holders.

--

Eibar 1 (Guidetti 17)
Atletico Madrid 1 (Mandzukic 25)

We were pretty poor and didnt threaten at all after we took the lead.

--

Eibar 3 (Ruben Garcia 13, 14, 86)
Sevilla 2 (Cisse 44, Vitolo 76)

Ruben Garcia has struggled for goals this season since I have moved him out to the wing but he fired in a hat-trick here to win us the match much to my delight.

--

Copa del Rey Final
Atletico Madrid 2 (Iborra 28, Adrian 90)
Eibar 2 (Vadillo 29, Guidetti 72)
(AET Eibar win 5-4 on penalties)

WE WIN THE CUP!!!!

This was an even game but maybe the fact I saved all my subs to put on 3 decent penalty takers won us the match.

--

Getafe 1 (Vazquez 35)

Eibar 2 (Vadillo 64, Rusescu 88)

Getafe are battling against relegation but caused us problems here - especially in the 1st half but Rusescu came off the bench to win it for us and confirm a spot in the Champions League for next season.

--

Athletic Bilbao 1 (Susaeta 23)
Eibar 1 (Guidetti 51)

We were unlucky not to win here and had a late goal disallowed but I dont mind giving Bilbao points lol

--

LINEUPS
Val3-0RonnowPatricZouma*EkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiRosales
****2-4RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoMilinaTejeraKekoVadilloRuben GarciaGuidettiYanguas, Klevze
Atl M.1-1RonnowPatricDos Santos*EkizaBordachevCosicMilinaKekoVadilloMoller DaehliGuidettiErrasti, Yanguas, Klevze
Sev3-2RonnowRosalesZoumaYanguasEscuderoKlevzeMilinaKekoRuben Garcia* 3RochinaGuidettiBacaicoa, Rusescu, Errasti
Atl M.2-2RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoCosicMilinaVadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiRosales, Rochina, Rusescu
Get2-1RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiYanguas, Rusescu, Rochina
Ath1-1RonnowPatricZouma*Dos SantosEscuderoCosicTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiMilina, Yanguas

--

SUMMARY

This month saw us pick up our 2nd trophy as we beat Atletico Madrid to win the Copa del Rey. It was a tight final but our depth of penalty takers out on the pitch proved to be decisive.

We did get eliminated from the Champions League by Arsenal but I have no complaints with that and we are just seeing out the season in the league to be fair and I may give some more youngsters some game time over the next few weeks.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JOHN GUIDETTI
View attachment 341335

--

LIGA BBVA
View attachment 341334

images

images

MAY

Numancia 2 (Vicente 21, Juanma 87)

Eibar 0

A horrible result and performance.

--

Eibar 5 (Ruben Garcia 1, Vadillo 12, Guidetti 26, Moller Daehli 33, Tejera 50)

Real Sociedad 2 (Prieto 23, Castro 44)

A much better performance as we put local rivals Real Sociedad to thel sword.

--

Eibar 2 (Vadillo 25, Tejera 36)
Villarreal 0

A nice easy win to end the season.

--

LINEUPS

Num0-2RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiRusescu
R. Soc5-2RonnowPatricZoumaEkizaEscuderoMilinaTejera*VadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiKlevze
Vill2-0RonnowPatricZouma*EkizaBordachevCosicTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiBach, Christensen, Bacaicoa

--

SUMMARY

We completed the run in with 2 decent victories and 1 horrible defeat which ended up keeping Numancia in the top flight.

Not much else to say that wont be covered in the upcoming end of season post!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SERGIO TEJERA

View attachment 341332

images

END OF SEASON POST

Season number 3 is done and dusted and it was a decent season which was pretty similar to last season as we finished 3rd in the league and won a cup.

In the league we got 3pts more than last season but still finished a long way off the top 2. Last year we scored 30 less and conceded 30 more than the top 2 and while we reduced the scoring defecit in half we still conceded about the same more.

In the Copa del Rey we emerged victorious after a tight final victory over Atletico Madrid in which we won on penalties. We avoided the top 2 all tournament which helped our cause surely.

In Europe we lost on penalties to Arsenal in the Super Cup and it was also they who eliminated us in the Champions League at the quarter final stage. We had a decent run though and scraped through our group before knocking out Everton.

Squad wise there was some great efforts. Moller Daehli and Guidetti had excellent debut seasons while our loan star, Kurt Zouma, was also great. Cosic had a solid season for someone so young while Vadillo continued to impress. Ruben Garcia didnt quite hit the same heights as last season due to him being moved out to the wing.

--

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 341320

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

View attachment 341319

--

MY PLAYER OF THE SEASON
MATS MOLLER DAEHLI

View attachment 341318

--

MY YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON
JUSUF COSIC
View attachment 341317

--

AWARDS WON

Spanish Young Player of the Year - M.Moller Daehli
Liga BBVA Team of the Year - K.Zouma, M.Moller Daehli (B.Ekiza)
UEFA European Golden Boy - M.Moller Daehli

--

PLANS FOR THE SUMMER

Obviously I would like us to strengthen the first team further but if I had to choose between upgrading my strike force or upgrading the stadium, I would choose the latter as we are hampered financially by our tiny stadium.

I have been linked with the Barcelona job (which isnt available yet) and the Athletic Bilbao job is available which tugged at the old heart strings and I am tempted to add a new manager to take over their summer and strengthen their side.........

--

SD EIBAR ARE LIVE ON SKY SPORTS TOMORROW AGAINST LOCAL RIVALS REAL SOCIEDAD - CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!

Last edited:
images

PRE-SEASON POST

This summer has been incredibly difficult. I went into it planning to sell some backups and find some decent players to bring in to replace them but only half of that has been done - player recruitment has been a huge problem.

All will now be explained...............

--

PLAYERS IN

Only 3 so far. I signed 2 from Barcelona. Adrian Ortola came in on a free transfer and Denis Suarez came in for $550,000. Ortola will be my new backup keeper while Suarez will provide competition in the AM slots.
View attachment 341310View attachment 341309

My only other signing was this kid from Sparta Prague for £55,000.
View attachment 341308

Now to explain the problem. It all comes down to wages!!!! I have found some players on both frees and for a decent fee and they are requesting $30k a week when my highest paid player - Mats Moller Daehli - is on $33k a week - I refuse to shatter my wage structure on squad players.

Therefor the likes of Riulli, Vermaelen, Muniesa, Planas and Oblak can stay where they are!!!

--

PLAYERS OUT

This was rather more successful. The biggest sale was Raul Rusescu (71/40) to Deportivo La Coruna for $4.3m which was a profit of over $3.5m. Ruben Rochina was sold to Espanyol for $2.1m which was all profit and Dani Nieto was sold to Cordoba for $1.8m. Finally Maxim Bordachev was sold to Almeria for $325,000.

Released was Tchite, Irureta, Capa and a few youngsters while out on loan is Valle, Blazej, Zvipelj, Boudzoumou and Inigo Flano.

--

SUMMARY

Much work lies ahead in the next few weeks!!!! I have a budget of $10m or so so there is room to make moves in the market but as things stand, to fill in the gaps in the squad, these 2 youngsters have been promoted.........
View attachment 341307View attachment 341306

My starting XI will be............

Ronnow

Escudero - Ekiza - Yanguas - Patric

Cosic - Tejera

Ruben Garcia (LW) - Moller Daehli - Vadillo (RW)

Guidetti

So as you can see the only change is the introduction of 17y/o youth team graduate Alvaro Yanguas who is improving all the time.

--

OTHER NEWS

FC Porto won the Champions League, which I forgot to mention. France beat England to win Euro 2016.

--

images

KRIS STUART IS APPOINTED AS THE NEW SPAIN MANAGER

I honestly didnt think I would get it but I did!!!!

Holland, Italy, Denmark, Russia, Serbia and Turkey also offered me their manager spots but I couldnt refuse the opportunity to manage Spain after they sacked Guardiola.

I dont think any of my club players will be involved for a while lol

images

AUGUST

Real Madrid 3 (Bale 28, Ronaldo 72pen, 90)
Eibar 1 (Guidetti 10)

For the 2nd season in a row we open up with a match against Real Madrid and once again we get beat.

--

Spanish Super Cup Final 1st Leg
Eibar 2 (Moller Daehli 66, Ruben Garcia 68)
Real Madrid 3 (Diego Costa 20, Di Maria 28, Fabregas 53)

For an hour we were awful but when I threw on my giant striker, Larsen, things changed and we even had a last minute goal disallowed.

--

Eibar 3 (Ruben Garcia 15, 56, Ekiza 48)
Osasuna 2 (Pereira 52, 82)

We get off the mark for the season but I am a bit concerned about conceding the 2 goals.

--

Spanish Super Cup Final 2nd Leg
Real Madrid 5 (Diego Costa 4, 52, Di Maria 17, Bale 32, 60)
Eibar 3 (Ekiza 51, Yanguas 55, Suarez 67)
(Real Madrid win 8-5 on aggregate)

I am getting sick of Real Madrid.

--

Granada 0

Eibar 2 (Ruben Garcia 2, Guidetti 51)

--

LINEUPS
Real M.1-3RonnowPatricYanguasEkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiSuarez
Real M.2-3RonnowPatricYanguasEkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraVadilloRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiDos Santos, Milina, Larsen
Osas3-2RonnowPatricYanguasEkizaEscuderoCosicTejeraVadilloRuben Garcia* 2Moller DaehliGuidettiKeko, Rosales, Larsen
Real M.3-5RonnowPatricYanguasEkizaEscuderoMoller DaehliErrastiKekoRuben GarciaSuarezGuidettiDos Santos, Milina
Gran2-0RonnowPatricYanguasEkiza*EscuderoCosicTejeraKekoRuben GarciaMoller DaehliGuidettiTelletxea, Bacaicoa

--

SUMMARY

Not the best start to the season as we lost 3 games, even though all were against Real Madrid, but we will bounce back.

In the Champions League we will play Arsenal, Celtic and Dinamo Moscow.

I added a few more players into the first team squad of various abilities and previous experience................

Clement Grenier was signed on a free transfer and I just about choked when I saw his value soar up to $15m!!!! He will be a first choice pick certainly as will be Victor Ruiz who was picked up from Valencia for $3.5m and his value rocketed up to $8.5m!!!!
View attachment 341244View attachment 341243

Constant Djakpa was brought in on a free to cover the LB position.
View attachment 341242

Finally I brought in this great looking 16y/o Slovenian, Sanel Dzerlek from Maribor for $1m, who will be backup to Guidetti up front along with Larsen. Big things are expected from this lad.
View attachment 341240

Leaving the club was Jon Errasti who left to join Cordoba for $1.8m.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RUBEN GARCIA
View attachment 341246

--

LIGA BBVA
View attachment 341245

Excellent story as always mate.

Is it cruel to say i'm actually enjoying it being a challenge for you for once?!

Excellent story as always mate.

Is it cruel to say i'm actually enjoying it being a challenge for you for once?!

not at all. if only i could get a bigger stadium!!!!! Eibar are at home tonight at 5.55pm on Sky Sports 5 against Sociedad. Cant wait to see them play and see the tiny stadium!