Saddler's in the Championship - Bergkamp Legacy part 2

0,,10428~4301089,00.jpg

Historic Fa Cup win against the Hammers​

Michael Owen has on fire tonight after a double secured Championship side Walsall's ticket to the 4th round against premiership outfit West Ham.​

Walsall edge Huddersfield​

There is light at the end of the tunnel , Walsall would know all about that . After 2 months of turmoil the club seem to be getting back into there old ways and moving slowly up the table to 6th place after a impressive display against Huddersfield.​

Chopra Drops Saddlers to 5th​

Walsall's lose today sank them to 5th place after Michael Chopra's clean strike was too good for John Ruddy.​

Another late strike bring Walsall to the 6th round​

Today it was Kelvin Ethu who saved the day as Walsall beat Burnley 2-1 thanks too his extra time goal.​

Morison destroys Newcastle​

Walsall striker Steve Morison is living up to his price tag as he scored a stunning hat trick against struggling Newcastle United as Walsall beat them 4-0 at the bescot stadium.​

5 goal blitz in promotion battle​

Youngster Mellors - Blair scores his 6th and 7th goal this season​

Nottingham Forest and Peterborough promoted to the Premiership

Walsall.jpg

PLAY OFFS

Semi Final 1ST LEG

Walsall stun Norwich in 3 goal blitz​

Semi Final 2ND LEG

Saddlers cruise to the final thanks too Kyrgiakas

Penalty Drama

WALSALL WIN ON PENALTYS

Walsall_FC-logo-DEA58929E9-seeklogo.com.gif

WALSALL FC PROMOTED TO THE PREMIERSHIP

dsc_0053_461x320.jpg

Loyal Fans watch the parade in Walsall city Centre

WE DID IT
0.jpg

Manager Dennis Bergkamp sums up the season

We did it i still cant believe we are going to be in the Premiership its a dream come true. First of all i like to thank the fans they have stuck by the teams ups and downs this season , its been a long journey and we have came out of it a better team and i have no doubt that this team can achieve great things. secondly i like to thank the backroom staff here at the club they have worked hard throughout the season and deserve more credit than me to be fair. and lastly i like to thank the players they have been true professionals this season they coped well when the club was in lime light after the chairmen situation but they kept there head down and focused on the football and to them i give them that. Next season is going to be very exciting the plans we have for the club and the vision i have of this team i dont see why we cant make a mark on the best league in the world.

The squad that made History at Walsall Football club

Goalkeepers

John Ruddy
Carl Ikeme

Defenders

Fredrick Stoor
Danny Collins
Tomas Hubocan
Steve Caldwell
Sotris Kyrgiakas
Dedryk Boyata
Abdou Meite