UCL Group Stage 2064/65

View attachment 44993

View attachment 44992

View attachment 44991

Unlike last year we have a VERY slow start with 3 draws. We should have hammered Porto and PSV at home but for some poor finishing from our new look strikeforce having been forced to sell last year's lot after their impressive seasons.

View attachment 44990

View attachment 44989

View attachment 44988

The goals finally came. Two draws with Bayern is good for the future but we exceptionally lucky against Porto with two late late goals securing our passage through to the next round.

View attachment 44987

UCL QUARTER FINAL 2064/65

View attachment 44982

View attachment 44981

That was much easier than expected against a good Inter side!

Good to see Man Utd back in the grove after last season's wobbles.

UCL SEMI FINAL 2064/65

View attachment 44980

View attachment 44979

Two late goals in the first leg gave us hope of a second Final in a row however ill discipline cost us again in the second as left back Sergio sees red in the 50th minute and City score 3 against the 10 men to set up an All-Manchester Final.

I will set a 5 year limit on winning the Champions League with each club.

I can always call back later in the game as the list get smaller.

I added the Scottish league and the Celtic and Aberdeen jobs are available.

I need Celtic for the UCL Challenge but I would also one day like to go back to Aberdeen, return them to the top of European football and get a new stadium named after me if possible (making it two after Utd' SAF Park)

You'll also need a rejuvenation machine at some point

We won the Super Cup to add to the FM trophy list and secured another league title. We did get knocked out of the Romanian Cup at the quarter final stage however.

View attachment 44691

Our run to the UCL semi finals has further boosted the standing of the Romanian league and we now have two automatic spots in the Group Stage soon

View attachment 44690

View attachment 44689

UCL GROUP STAGE 2065/66

After a runners up and semi final finish could it be argued that we are now one of the established team in Europe??

We get the easiest of our three UCL group draws.

View attachment 44604

View attachment 44603

View attachment 44602

View attachment 44601

View attachment 44600

View attachment 44599

I thought we had blew it after Matchday Three when we lost at home to PSV. However we soon avenged that defeat and sealed qualification with a narrow win at home to Benfica. Victory over Stoke in the final game sealed top spot.

View attachment 44598

UCL FIRST KNOCKOUT ROUND

View attachment 44521

View attachment 44520

A red card in the first leg was worrying but we grabbed a late winner and cruised through the second leg.

Quarter Finals

View attachment 44519

View attachment 44518

Nothing to see here except the dismantling of long term rivals Liverpool!

SEMI FINALS

I avoided returning to former clubs Utd or Aberdeen in the semis but got Man City. City have been in 5 of the last 7 finals however.

View attachment 44517

All to play for in the second leg as we hold City to a goalless draw.

View attachment 44516

1-0 to Steaua!!

A third final in three years for one of Europe's former greats. Can we go one better and win it this time against the club that built a stadium to mark my great achievements with them?

UCL FINAL 2066

View attachment 44515

View attachment 44513

View attachment 44514

Another heartbreaking final lose. This time we were much the better side despite falling behind early to a Conner Robertson strike. I brought Connor to Utd when I was there and he has developed into one of the best strikers in the world, as expected. He is Scottish and will be part of my team as we head off to the World Cup 2066. He better not make eye contact after this!

View attachment 44511

We clean up at home. Soon about to enter season 4 at Steaua. I have set myself a 5 year minimum term at each club in the Champions League Challenge so we will see how it develops over the next two seasons.

View attachment 44512

WORLD CUP 2066

100 years on from England's famous win. I'm sure they will love to mark the occasion with another title.

I am here with Scotland and will do my best to stop them.

View attachment 44509

View attachment 44508

View attachment 44507

View attachment 44506

SCOTLAND WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS!!!
!!

The quest for an international trophy is over in unlikely fashion as we win every game at the 2066 WC.

Add that to the hall of fame and the Ultimate FM Trophy Challenge.

View attachment 44505

Holy **** - winning the World Cup with Scotland?

Great to see you still playing ILL!

I remember that I had great success myself with tactics you were testing/playing. What are you playing these days?

I'll keep following this story, hope you can win the UCL next season instead of being unlucky all the time!

Well done on lifting the WC. Surely the Champions League has to arrive within the next 2 seasons!

Great to see you still playing ILL!

I remember that I had great success myself with tactics you were testing/playing. What are you playing these days?

I'll keep following this story, hope you can win the UCL next season instead of being unlucky all the time!

Cheers.

Only buy Football Manager now after the last update.

Been using this from the being of 18.3.

Only change the defensive line (drop deeper if slow defenders) or remove offside trap (if defenders are ****).

Strikers, defenders and wingbacks = pace pace pace

View attachment 44463

Well done on lifting the WC. Surely the Champions League has to arrive within the next 2 seasons!

Hope so! Big clubs looking at most of my top talent but getting difficult to replace them with equal quality

UCL 2066/67

Season 4 at Steaua Bucharest.

Group Stage

View attachment 44424

The groups have started to ease after a terrible couple of draw when I first joined. Our only defeat was away to Inter. Elsewhere we put 8 past Basel and 10 past Lyon and avenged the Inter defeat with a 3-0 home win.

_________

First Knockout Round

View attachment 44423

View attachment 44422

A tough draw to begin the knockout rounds but we soon had it wrapped up in the second leg

Quarter Finals

View attachment 44421

A 2-2 draw away from home can never really be a bad result in the UCL...

View attachment 44420

... except when you draw the home leg 4-4, thanks to two late goals.

After two finals and a semi final in the first three years this is a bitter pill to swallow and has led me to consider my position at the club.