Best Placed Qual 3.

View attachment 43696

View attachment 43695

We draw former Romanian foes Cluj. I dominated them with Steaua and not much has changed here with two 6-0 thrashings

PLAYOFF

View attachment 43694

View attachment 43693

Seasoned UCL side Porto was a tough draw on paper but we progress comfortably to another group stage. Starting to build a good starting eleven now, even if the squad depth beyond that is still quite weak.

GROUP STAGE

View attachment 43692

God! Man City, Bayern and Valencia last year. Utd and Juventus this season. Same target at last year I suppose. Try to sneak a runners up spot from Juve this time.

Group Stage

View attachment 43691

Like last year second place was the target.

We started the campaign with a 3-1 defeat at the SAF Park in Manchester. We then put 9 unanswered goals past Vienna (h) and Juventus (a) (4-0 and 5-0) before a 1-1 at home with Utd.

Juve come to our place looking revenge for their 5-0 thrashing but ship another 5 and leave on the end of 5-2 defeat. That sealed qualification and we went to Vienna and put on a show against the group whipping boys, winning 7-1 at their ground.

Much more surprisingly during the UCL break we managed to thump PSG..

View attachment 43690

... and open up a 4 point lead at the top of the table. Could this be the year PSG's dominance comes to an end?!?

View attachment 43689

UCL FIRST KNOCKOUT ROUND

View attachment 43682

A resounding 3-0 home win in the first leg against Arsenal has us with one foot in the next round

OR SO I THOUGHT!!

View attachment 43681

What the ****!?! A momumental collapse.

In fairness we were missing both right wing backs, and 3 of our 5 centre backs (I play 3 at the back)

A harsh lesson learned. In summer we will be adding much more depth to the squad.

Hopefully we can bounce back as we are still on the quest of a domestic treble

2071/72

View attachment 43584

After the huge collapse against Arsenal in the UCL 1st Round Knockout we were free to concentrate on the domestic front and it reaped its rewards with a domestic treble.

View attachment 43585

View attachment 43583

A cup double is great but dethroning mighty PSG is one of my biggest achievements as a manager, second probably to winning 4 UCLs with Aberdeen.

View attachment 43582

View attachment 43581

Just look at PSG's dominance...

View attachment 43580
View attachment 43579
View attachment 43578

UCL 2072/73

Forgot to screenshot the group stage.

Results:
5-1 Barcelona H
1-2 Spartak Moscow A
4-0 B'gladbach A
8-0 B'gladback H
1-2 Barcelona A
6-0 Spartak Moscow H

First Knockout Round

View attachment 43322

View attachment 43321

I had many an encounter with Celtic in my early years and this one went the way of most of them - a comfortable 6-2 aggregate win.

Quarter Finals

View attachment 43320

Deja vu perhaps. We beat Arsenal at this stage last season 3-0 but somehow managed to lose the second leg 7-1...

View attachment 43319

Lightening does NOT strike twice this time thankfully.

Into the semis, the best campaign yet with Marseille

SEMI FINALS

View attachment 43318

We avoid former club Utd but draw their noisy neighbours who have won 4 of the last 10 UCLs.

We grab two away goals in an end-to-end game despite having our left wing back send off late on. He will be a massive miss for the second leg.

View attachment 43317

The 1st leg was a classic. This one was even better. Though not good for the now 77 year old heart!

Through to the final with OM for the first time (and the club's first since they won it in 1993)

UCL FINAL 2073

View attachment 42595

Our first final since we won in 80 years ago in 1993.

PENALTY AGONY

View attachment 42594

So so close. Despite being the better side for much of the game we find ourselves on the losing side of a penalty shootout.

Our strikers have been on fire all season but the pressure gets to them in the Final as we miss chance after chance.

Encouraging nonetheless as if we perform like that in most matches will we soon have another UCL title to add to the cabinet.

View attachment 42591

View attachment 42593

View attachment 42592

We have replaced PSG as the dominant team in France now.

One or two more signings in the right departments and will we soon be champions of Europe again.

UCL 2073/74

Group Stage

View attachment 42444

First Knockout Round

View attachment 42443

A disastrous first leg! Totally outclassed but a 91st minute goals gives us a glimmer of hope

View attachment 42442

Never in doubt!!

An epic comeback after the poor first leg defeat. Three early goals and then three late goals seal a QF spot.

Quarter Finals

View attachment 42441

View attachment 42440

Back to back 6-0 victories in the Champions League knockout stages. Fantastic. This time Madrid are put to the sword and we progress after a more even second leg.

SEMI FINALS

An all-French affair!

View attachment 42439

View attachment 42438

When I first joined OM I feared any clash with PSG. They were so far ahead of us and the rest of the league. How the tables have turned. We've took their league, we've took their cups, and now we have took their place in UCL finals!

UCL FINAL 2074

View attachment 42430

View attachment 42429

A final against old foes Manchester City AND IN THE SIR ALEX FERGUSON PARK NO LESS!!!

The 137,800-seater house that I built.

This isn't the first time my SAF Park has hosted a UCL Final. In 2058 whilst still manager of Man Utd we faced PSG in a 'home' final.........and agonisingly lost!

Now I am back!!

View attachment 42426

View attachment 42428

Fergie still owns this city!!!!

A dominant display seals a first UCL title for Marseille since 1993!

We put behind us the heartbreak of losing to Chelsea in last years final and on a personal note I somewhat avenge the defeat to PSG in the last UCL final to be held in Sir Alex Ferguson Park

View attachment 42427

We finish the domestic season with a French Cup and an unbeaten league campaign!

View attachment 42425

View attachment 42424

After applying for the Borussia Dortmund job I waited for a response...

And waited...

And WAITED...

And I waited no more!

View attachment 42217

Hamburg it is. Dortmund would have been easier but I couldn't wait around all summer for a response.

View attachment 42216

Another team that has went several decades now without a UCL title. I certainly am doing this the hard way!

View attachment 42215

Like Marseilles, HSV are a recently promoted team after a few seasons of Bundesliga action following several years of yoyoing between Bundesliga I and II.

View attachment 42214

As expected we are among the favourites for relegation but with £26m to spend and a healthy wage budget I will be aiming for a top half finish, maybe even a push at a Europa League spot depending on how we start the season.

View attachment 42213

We wheel and deal to assemble a squad more than capable of a top half finish. Depending on the level of the teams around us we could get a European spot if the new players gel quickly enough.

View attachment 42206

The press get a bit carried away after just two games...

View attachment 42205

Dortmund eventually offered me the job two days BEFORE the transfer deadline day. Haha. Needless to say I rejected the offer.

Soon into the season we meet for the first time..

View attachment 42204

HAAHAA i bet there was an added sweetness to thumping Dortmund 4-1

2074/75

With no European football in my first season at Hamburg we were free to work with the squad and focus on the league and it worked wonders needless to say. Pre-season media prediction a relegation battle. We got some good players in the summer window with our full £26m transfer kitty.

View attachment 42012

We ended HSV's long Bundesliga drought. Can we end their equally long UCL drought??

View attachment 42011

View attachment 42010

Very surprised how poor the likes of Bayern were. The German league has fallen down the rankings partly because of the success I have had in Scotland, Romania and France however I would expect better from the Bavarian giants.

Also to blame is the financial power of the Premier League. Lots of players leaving Germany for the riches of England. If I can hold onto my key players I should become the dominant force in Germany soon.

UCL Group Stage

View attachment 42009

The draw could have been kinder!

But we fear no one after a wonderful debut season in Hamburg...

View attachment 42008

An impressive group stage phase with just the two goals conceded en route to topping the group.

View attachment 42007

First KO Round

View attachment 42006

I have duelled with PSG many many times over the years but this is among one of the best results against them. We overturn a 3-2 first leg loss to reach a UCL quarter final in our first season back in Europe (and only my second full season with HSV)

Quarter Finals

View attachment 42005

Milan are no longer the side there were but this was impressive. Seven goals and two clean sheets as the surprise package of European football reach the semi finals and two games away from the Final!

SEMI FINAL SHOWDOWN

Typically we meet an ex in the biggest HSV game in decades.

View attachment 42004

UCL SEMI FINAL

First Leg

View attachment 42003

I return to my old stomping ground but unfortunately OM do not stand on ceremony and ease to a 2-0 home win. All to do know in the second leg.

Second Leg

View attachment 42002

We throw everything at OM including the kitchen sink but fall just short of getting a second goal and forcing extra time. What a run it has been though (and it would probably have been a bit ridiculous for us to reach a UCL Final in the first season back in the competition)

We need some top class defenders and a striker or two who can take one of the several chances we spurned in the second leg in order to make the next step.

Domestic

View attachment 42000

We ease to consecutive Bundesliga titles. Bayern somehow manage to fall even further behind. I claim a new trophy in the Super Cup but fall at the semi final hurdle again in the DFB Pokal.

View attachment 42001

Typical ex behaviour! Great start to your life in Germany though!