2097 UCL

With the team I inherited at Juve, plus a couple of additions, I felt we had a strong chance at winning the Champions League at the first attempt and we were looking good after cruising through the group stages.

KO Rounds

View attachment 36648

We reach the final and face ex-club Borussia Dortmund. I returned them to the top a couple of seasons back and now I face them in the final two years running after defeating them with Inter last season.

The trip to the final wasn't plain sailing.

In the first knockout round we had to overturn a 2-1 first leg defeat to Hertha Berlin to avoid falling at the first hurdle.

That set up a big clash with Barcelona in the quarters. We thrashed them 6-0 at home and 5-1 away in probably Juve's greatest European nights.

Up next game a semi final against the team I just left in rather bitter circumstances, Inter Milan. We lost 2-1 in an enraged San Siro only to sneak a 1-0 win at home and limp through to the final on away goals!

View attachment 36647

View attachment 36646

CHAMPIONS!!

Despite falling behind early we regrouped with two goals in nine minutes to take a half time lead. We had some clear cut chances to add to our lead but didn't take any. However we hung on to claim a deserved win meaning I have now won 3 UCLs in 4 years with 3 different clubs!

View attachment 36645

BACK TO GERMANY

View attachment 36639

Just the one season at Juventus but a treble-winning one

View attachment 36638

As seems to be the case with most of the UCL challenge teams Bayern are struggling in recent years.

View attachment 36636

A few runners up spots but little else.

View attachment 36635

Despite winning 75 Bundesliga titles it has been over 20 years since their last and they were close to the relegation zone last season! Little wonder why the managers job was vacant!

View attachment 36634

After some summer recruitment and a season without European football we returned Bayern to the summit of German football albeit by a single point over former club Borussia Dortmund.

View attachment 36346

View attachment 36345

From 14th to 1st place and in doing so ending a near quarter century without a Bundesliga title for Bayern

View attachment 36344

More importantly, Champions League football next season

UCL 2099

View attachment 35797

A tough group on our return to Champions League football.

View attachment 35796

Tough on paper but 6 wins from 6.

Knockout Stage

View attachment 35795

Despite the historical name and 5 previous UCL titles we were far from the favourites going into the campaign but we manage to reach a final at the first attempt with Bayern.

We beat former club Marseilles in France 4-0 to win the tie.

Two 2-1 victories over Barcelona followed.

We avoided the big guns in the semi draw and took full advantage with 4-1 and 1-0 wins to set up a mouthwatering final!

View attachment 35794

View attachment 35793

CHAMPIONS!!!

Almost exactly 100 years to the day from Man Utd's famous 1999 final win over Bayern and revenge is finally achieved by Bayern with Utd legend SAF at the helm.

We were much the better side but took until extra time to seal the win and comeback from 1-0 down to exact the ultimate revenge of the Camp Nou in 1999

View attachment 35792

A short but trophy laden spell at Munich

View attachment 35750

View attachment 35749

UNFINISHED BUSINESS??

View attachment 35748

I return to Hamburg after a spell in charge in 2074-77.

I won three Bundesliga titles and set them on a spell of domination in the German League but we could only manage on semi final and one quarter final finish in the UCL.

Hopefully I can go the full way this time round.

It won't be easy though as Hamburg have just had a very poor mid-table finish...

View attachment 35747

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HOLY SH*T

2099/2100

View attachment 35711

View attachment 35713

View attachment 35712

View attachment 35710

I took over Bayern when they were in a similar position and won the league at the first attempt.

To prove it was no fluke we have just went and turned a former champion who finished mid-table into Champions within 12 months.

Back in my previous spell with Hamburg I never won the Cup so that is also one monkey off our backs.

Next in our sights is the Champions League!

Key to our surprise league win was our front three with over 75 league goals between them.

View attachment 35709

2100/01

View attachment 35705

A tough group for our UCL return but we manage to grab the only available spot really, runners up to Man City.

KNOCKOUT ROUNDS

View attachment 35704

Our 'reward' for qualifying from the group was a clash with the mighty Real Madrid.

We won the first leg 2-1 at home but lost 3-1 in the return leg to exit the knockout rounds at the first hurdle.

Proof, if needed, that we are still short in some departments chiefly centre defence and centre midfield. Our front three are as good as anyone's

View attachment 35703

View attachment 35702

Back to back titles. Very surprised by how poor the opposition are. Bayern and Dortmund returning to their recent downward decline despite me returning both to the top of European football in fairly recent times.

View attachment 35701

We leave it late to secure another Pokal.

I spent over £24m on another striker last season, which I really didn't need to be honest, but Coenen justifies every penny with a stellar debut season.

View attachment 35700

O my fu*king God, man I need this save, can you please send me it in private ?

Last edited: