It's all getting too easy for you really isn't

Are you still keeping an eye on your son in his DoF role at Man Utd?

Unreal achievement. Tried the Pentagon challenge a fair few times in various different versions of the game but I always run out of steam after about 10 seasons. Well done mate

It's all getting too easy for you really isn't

Are you still keeping an eye on your son in his DoF role at Man Utd?

I removed the English leagues to speed up the Pentagon challenge so Sam has disappeared from the game now :(

View attachment 38231

An all-Argentine Final

1st Leg

View attachment 38232

An edgy stalemate. All to play for at home now.

2nd Leg

View attachment 38230

View attachment 38229

VICTORY!! We were already 1-0 up and performing well before Boca were reduced to 10 men (It is usually me that gets red cards in finals!). We had to wait to injury time to confirm the win but we are South American champions and the Pentagon Challenge is complete!

BACK TO EUROPE

I'll return to my home continent as resume the UCL challenge for a bit. I will return to the other continents eventually as I want to top the Hall of Fame in each.

View attachment 38200

BVB

View attachment 38207

Whilst waiting for a UCL job to appear I added to my South America trophy list (claiming another FIFA World Club Cup on the way)

View attachment 38206

River Plate record:

View attachment 38205

BVB

Dortmund are no longer among the German or European elite anymore. In fact they even spent some time in the Bundesliga 2 and are on a downward spiral again as I take over. The only way is up!

View attachment 38204

View attachment 38203

Part of Dortmund's problem is that I created a monster when I was last in Germany with Hamburg in 2074-77

View attachment 38202

I was away from Europe for almost a decade completing the Pentagon Challenge

View attachment 38201

Last edited:
BACK TO EUROPE

I'll return to my home continent as resume the UCL challenge for a bit. I will return to the other continents eventually as I want to top the Hall of Fame in each.

View attachment 1177578

BVB

View attachment 1177571

Whilst waiting for a UCL job to appear I added to my South America trophy list (claiming another FIFA World Club Cup on the way)

View attachment 1177572

River Plate record:

View attachment 1177573

BVB

Dortmund are no longer among the German or European elite anymore. In fact they even spent some time in the Bundesliga 2 and are on a downward spiral again as I take over. The only way is up!

View attachment 1177574

View attachment 1177575

Part of Dortmund's problem is that I created a monster when I was last in Germany with Hamburg in 2074-77

View attachment 1177576

I was away from Europe for almost a decade completing the Pentagon Challenge

View attachment 1177577
This is one of the maddest saves i've seen, Would you be able to PM me your save just so i can look around? also a huge well done on this from top to bottom including the original SAF challenge it's been keeping me coming back everyday to read, much appreciated!

Despite Dortmund's recent struggles and trophy drought I inherit some excellent players.

View attachment 37958

View attachment 37957

I also had Valentin Rosas, probably our best centre back. However we received a £37.5m bid from China for him. In an ideal world I would have kept him but he wanted to go (probably the £200k a week!) so we sold and can rework the squad with the money generated for a 30 year old centre back

View attachment 37956

With the money generated I raided South America of three players for a combined £34.5m

View attachment 37955

View attachment 37954

View attachment 37953

I added some youngsters with the remaining budget but we will need to return to European football before we can attract (and afford) the bigger talents

2092/93

View attachment 37763

View attachment 37764

We were cruising after 15 games but it all caught up with us as the mighty Hamburg pegged us back in the second half of the season.

They hammered us 4-0 with three games to go to totally blow it wide open but we managed to hold on and end the BVB title drought.

View attachment 37762

BVB wait for years for a trophy and two come at once!

View attachment 37761

View attachment 37760

I never managed to win the Pokal when I was at Hamburg so this is a new trophy for the Ultimate FM Challenge

Key to our success this season was probably the absence of European football. Our squad has some talented players but is low on quantity and still have several areas with room for improvement. Hopefully UCL football next season can attract some stars to Dortmund.

Keeping hold of 45-goal Humbert is also vital!

View attachment 37759

As we return to Champions League football I sell our left back Jonas Bauman to Real Madrid for £46m to fund our squad revamp. Jonas refused to sign a new contract and was entering the final year of his deal so £46m for a 30 year old is great. We also have an equal quality left back at the club to step in.

View attachment 37468

View attachment 37464

Main Transfers In

Samir - £8.75m

View attachment 37467

Bruno Molina - £13m

View attachment 37466

Ricardo Beguiristain - £12.5m

View attachment 37465

2094 UCL FINAL

View attachment 37290

View attachment 37289

After a few years of decline, including relegation to the second tier, I returned Dortmund to the top of German football last season and we've returned to the top of the European elite at the first attempt. I've battled PSG countless times in the Champions League football and I was unsure how we'd cope in the final as this squad is still far from complete in my opinion.

However we breezed through the final despite waiting until injury time to seal the win but we are Champions of Europe ending an almost near 100 year drought for one of Germany's finest clubs!

View attachment 37288

The Bundesliga race was not as close as last season as we blow away everything before us. Bayern Munich are really struggling. I will be managing them before long so they need to get the finger out asap.

View attachment 37287

Inter have a good squad so not much tweaking needs done with the likes of Henry Barnard and Ruben Sannino alread at the club..

View attachment 37049

View attachment 37048

I added a centre back and centre midfielder to strengthen the spine of the team...

View attachment 37047

View attachment 37046

And added another defender on deadline day for some extra depth.

View attachment 37045

I will be aiming for the UCL in the first season to be honest as I feel the squad is better than some of my previous UCL-winning teams at the other clubs

UCL

View attachment 37044

View attachment 37043

We top the group unbeaten despite only winning two games!

We'll need to improve in the knockout rounds

View attachment 37042

Given our patchy group form I thought our UCL campaign was over after the first leg defeat but we stage an epic comeback in Milan to knock City out against the odds.

View attachment 37041

We don't have far to go for the Quarters!

View attachment 37018

A pair of 2-1 wins against the city rivals sets up a trip to a former club...

SEMI FINAL

View attachment 37040

SAF is heading back to Scotland for a UCL Final!

It seems I always face a former club straight away and after conquering Europe with BVB we faced them in the semi finals. A 3-1 victory in Germany virtually sealed the tie and we rode out a fairly comfortable 2-1 second leg win to book a shot at another UCL

2095 UCL FINAL

View attachment 37012

View attachment 37011

Defeat!

I don't know the exact figure but we haven't lost too many finals in my career but this is one of them. Madrid were just more clinical in front of goal.

We try again next season to end Inter's 85 year wait for a Champions League trophy

View attachment 37009

View attachment 37008

Some comfort domestically as we clinch the title after a ding-dong battle with Juventus all season!

We eventually came out on top, not just once but twice....

View attachment 37010

UCL

After a few signings in the summer we go again at the Champions League and start with a perfect group stage.

View attachment 36975

View attachment 36973

I return to Ajax in the next stage and suffer a first leg defeat at my old hunting ground. Fortunately our home form in Europe has always been great and bails us out again

View attachment 36972

Another first leg defeat and we looked dead and buried but we produced one of the all time UCL comebacks in the return leg, thrashing Barcelona for SIX!!

View attachment 36971

We book another final appearance but we did it the hard way! We won the first leg comfortably at home but the second leg was far from easy. We went one up (3-0 on aggregate) but PSG staged a comeback of their own and we relied on a second goal late in the second half to sneak through on away goals.

2096 UCL FINAL

View attachment 36970

Surrounded by ex clubs these days!

I ended Dortmund's long wait for a UCL and now we meet them in the Final with Inter Milan who haven't won it since Jose Mourinho and 2010.

View attachment 36969

View attachment 36968

A blistering start as we go 2-0 up after 12 minutes and looked to be seeing the game out until an OG from striker Jasper van Hilten sprung the game back into life.

Jasper then made a mends 7 minutes later as he scored at the right end to all but seal the title!

View attachment 36967

View attachment 36966

We dominate domestically smashing all before us. I've assembled a good squad at Inter now and we could dominate for years if I were to stay but the UCL challenge will continue once a new job opportunity appears.

I have Germany and Italy loaded so rivals AC Milan and Juventus or back to Germany with Hamburg or Bayern Munich will be the next club.