AFCTelford

Reaction score
I started a season as Southampton as I enjoy watching them play and they have a very good set up, good plays to nurture and English careers to begin from this club. I set out ready to aim for the top half of the table, which I thought was a reasonable and realistic target. I didn't sign anyone in the start transfer window. I hacked around with tactics in my head, wrote lots of notes and had a good pre-season trialling them out.

But I am in the start of the December and I am top of the league by a point with City following and United close behind. I thought I would be cheeky and ask the board for a expansion as the team has been doing well all season and She (I think) accepted! Due to be completed by July 2014. So tempted to start a story at the start of next season for this prolific campaign.

Just thought I would share with you guys!

View attachment 381289

My very first save on this FM was Saints and won the league first season and to date after various other saves it's the only time I've won the league struggling to get into long term games at the moment but now with Blackpool joining in November 2015 after getting Brentford promoted to the Championship and now in Feb 2016 turning them from relegation contenders into play off hopefuls

Well done buddy. Blackpoola have a few good players that you could graft for sure! That's not bad going then, enjoying your spell there? Have you brought in any decent players of coached the bunch you've got?

I joined through third season so not all players were there, just found out they sold Tom Ince for 17.5k to Watford but they have brought in some decent players like Richie De Laet from Leicester, Lloyd Dyer from Leicester who I would never consider buying but at the age of 33 he's my second top scorer and joint top assister and Joe Rothwell from Man U.

I've brought in Jake Cassidy for 110k, Henry Jones from Swansea for 24k, Tom Eastman from Colchester for 150k and Joe Lewis on a free.

Sitting 9th and every time I get in or within touching distance of play offs my players bottle it for example I was 7th 1 point off play offs and could move two points clear off teams below me and then I lose 7-1 to Wigan

Very nice - any screenies of tactics/formations/team instructions?/player instructions?

And the Chairman of So'ton is indeed a she - Mrs LIEBHERR (family owns company makes kitchen appliances etc).

LeedsUnitedAndProud - Not bad! What kind of team talks are you giving them before the games!? How many do you usually concede?

MANUMAD - Thought so, she's done well for me! Making her rich! ;) Sales on sports gear alone! And here's the screenie! I swap round and rotate the midfield (Cork, Ward, Wanayama, Schneiderlin and Davies) I also swap Chambers and Clyne round for competition in the spot, works out rather well and I swap Gallagher with Lambert from time to time. I give my young keeper GAZZA a play in some games too, mainly been Capital One Cup so far! FA cup coming up soon!

I say about on average its around 1.3/4 a game. How good is Gallagher he is approaching end of his contract and might sign him up on free, considering he hasn't had loads of first team action and this is 3/4 years in front

He's not too bad mate actually. He's scored 5 this season, so he will probably suit your side fairly well!

Very balanced formation/tactics. And only two team instructions ... nice!

Thanks mate, since flirting with play offs since January with 4 games 5 games to go, fired Blackpool to 4th from 8th in the league, can tell how tight it is. Hows your Saints save going atm?

Yeah that is a nice tactic and good success with it, 4231 hasn't clicked for me this year but 4411 has worked a treat for me

Ah my luck, 4th in my 45th game get a man sent off and lose to drop down to 9th last game of season 1 point of play offs, some luck needs to go my way now

MANUMAD - I find if you try to overcomplicate the instructions they can back fire on you, so I chose two that would suit my teams formation and turn the team into a positive attacking force.

LeedsUnitedAndProud - Yeah Championship tends to be fairly tight around those areas! Just have to keep things positive mate! Or if you get a lead go to counter attacking? Did he? Is he playing well in your save? If so perhaps that's why he got a new contract? Try asking to get him on loan? With a fee set incase he wants to join? And aww man unlucky! Let me know how its going! I will post an update now!

MANUMAD - I find if you try to overcomplicate the instructions they can back fire on you, so I chose two that would suit my teams formation and turn the team into a positive attacking force.

Yup this is the comment I was waiting for you to make. Time and I again I see people getting frustrated with FM14 and/or complaining the ME is ****** up etc and when they show their tactics they are over complicated. Simplicity DOES work in FM and dont forget that when you are not sure what you are doing if you give too many instructions you risk cancelling one with the other

I see it often too and when you try to explain that to them, its like talking to a brick wall!

He's got 20 determination for me currently, which is good. Maybe why he's doing so good for me!