Salthill Devon FC: From Obscurity To European Glory

Salthill Devon FC

602126d1401969893-salthill-devon-fc-obscurity-european-glory-salthill-logo.jpg

Cairdeas Tre Spoirt
(Friendship Through Sports)

March Board Confidence

View attachment 370970

A month goes by and the Board are still impressed with our opening day victory over Mervue Utd.

March Fixtures

View attachment 370968

A very impressive and surprising 100% month. After McLaughlin picked up a bruised rib late in The Mervue game last month and was ruled out for ten days, Anthony Bolger stepped into the breach and took the fortuitous opportunity with both hands scoring in four of the five games. It's not like we beat easy opposition either, Athlone Town and Finn Harps are favourites for promotion and we comfortably beat both of them.

League Standings/Player Stats

View attachment 370969

Three points clear and a 100% record in the league. We have been so much stronger defensively and our keeper Andrew Walsh has been solid if unspectacular since he deputized late last season.

Manager of the Month Award

View attachment 370967

A nice accolade to kick off the season. Let's hope I can bag a few more of these which will mean the teams is doing more things right than wrong.

Last edited:
Salthill Devon FC

Cairdeas Tre Spoirt

April Board Confidence

View attachment 370947

Player Injuries

Ian McCluskey M/AMR STC

View attachment 370944
Torn Calf Muscle 5-6 Months

Aidan McLaughlin STC

View attachment 370945
Thigh Strain 4-5 Weeks

Two big players missing big games this month and McCluskey who was so good last season will miss most of the season now. McLaughlin hasn't been able to get any consistent game time since his hat-trick due to Bolger's form and now injury.

League Cup Second Round Draw

View attachment 370943

Rivals Mervue Utd await us in the second round of the League Cup. Feels like we're playing them every second week at the moment. This will be the third time in less than three months.

April Fixtures

View attachment 370948

A change compared to last month but on a positive side we've still only lost one game this season, unfortunately that one game is to rivals Mervue Utd. Still some inconsistency showing after we beat them 3-0 away but fall at home. A good away point at Athlone Town who look the goods this season. Will be tough to beat.

View attachment 370949

A poor month sees us drop four points off Athlone Town after being three ahead last month. The only points they've dropped so far have been the two games against us. No players have set the league on fire yet but John Mulroy and Danny Furlong of Athlone Town and Wexford Yths look dangerous early on.

Last edited:
Salthill Devon FC

Cairdeas Tre Spoirt

May Board Confidence

View attachment 370923

Good profits and a happy board have seen me rise to very stable this month.

Player Injuries

Davitt Walsh STC
View attachment 370920
Sprained Ankle 7-8 Weeks

Alan Arbuthnot M/AMC
View attachment 370921
Twisted Knee 4-5 Weeks

Joey Courtney M/AMR
View attachment 370922
Twisted Ankle 6-7 Weeks

Another month another list of mid to long term injuries. Youngster Arbuthnot was just starting to get in a groove in his breakthrough season. Hopefully this doesn't set him back too much.

May Fixtures

View attachment 370924

No wins in the league this month but two in the cups sees us through to the quarter final of the League Cup and the Senior Challenge Cup third round. Bolger continues his fine start to the season with three goals this month to take his tally to seven.

View attachment 370925

Our continued poor league form has seen us drop a further two points behind Athlone Town and down to third behind Finn Harps. It seems that the first month was a false peak and if we can't turn our fortunes around may slide down the table ala last year. The Wexford and Athlone boys are running away with all the individual leaderboards.

Salthill Devon FC

Cairdeas Tre Spoirt

June Board Confidence

View attachment 370871

Another pleasing month for the Board. I guess after last season not being second bottom makes them happy!

Player Injury

Lenny Walker M/AMC
View attachment 370870
Thigh Strain 4-5 Weeks

June Fixtures

View attachment 370872

Two wins and a draw in the League this month sees an improvement in our form to go along with a few friendly matches due to a two week break in competitive games. A disappointing loss in the League Cup quarter finals against promoted Longford saw us knocked out. I thought we were a good chance against them but not to be this year. A big mention to Conor Barry this month as he bags four goals including a hat-trick against Waterford Utd. He hasn't shone like he did last season but with more contributors he hasn't needed to plus he's still only 18. Arbuthnot chimed in with a couple to show that he's not out of place at this level.

View attachment 370873

Eight points behind the leaders with 15 games played. Only 13 to go so an eight point lead can't be allowed to increase otherwise we leave ourselves with a mountain to climb in the coming months. We wrestled back second spot from Finn Harps and this season it feels like we have a bit more about us, more consistency if you will. Our attacking play is much better, we should'nt fall off like last year and should hold on and hope for a playoff spot.

Salthill Devon FC

Cairdeas Tre Spoirt

July Board Confidence

View attachment 370834

A happy Board with three wins out of four this month and Bolger doing wonders.

Player Injuries

Gerard McGranaghan M/AMR STC
View attachment 370838
Pulled Hamstring 4-5 Weeks

Joe O'Connor GK
View attachment 370839
Sprained Ankle 7-8 Weeks

Joey Courtney M/AMR
View attachment 370841

End of Transfer Window

View attachment 370837

Dean Ebbe a young AM/STC came in towards the start of the month to provide competition to Quinn, Barry, Walker and Arbuthnot then Dundalk decide to take advantage of our amateur status and raid us for our number two keeper Trimble and our prized young asset Barry. Despite our high league position Preston-Kelly decides to leave us for more first team opportunities at Waterford Utd.

Barry Joins Dundalk

View attachment 370842

Conformation that exciting young star Conor Barry has left us. Absolutely gutted that he has chose to leave but I wish him all the best in the Premier League and hope he does well. Will be welcomed back with open arms if the opportunity arises.

July Fixtures

View attachment 370835

So three wins and a draw this month was encouraging. Even more so considering we swept aside leaders Athlone Town 3-1 and destroyed third placed Finn Harps 5-0 with Barry getting his last goal for the club finishing with 47 games, 16 goals, 11 assists and 6 PoM at an average rating of 7.09. Not bad for a 17/18 year old. Big month for Bolger who lit the First Division alight scoring 8 goals in four games, a brace in every game.

View attachment 370836

In an astonishing turn around the month of July has put us within striking distance of Athlone Town now only two points behind. We've jumped ahead of Finn Harps by six points and the way we've been playing we shouldn't be caught by them. Bolger has rocketed to the top of the Goalscorers and Average Rating charts after an impressive month where he couldn't miss. Skipper Alan Carey had some important games at RB and slips into the top four.

Irish First Division Goal of the Month

View attachment 370843

First and second for this award as fittingly Barry takes it out with an effort in the Finn Harps rout. Interestingly the man who finishes runner up could be the heir to Barry's AMC throne. Only time will tell....

Manager of the Month Award

View attachment 370833

Another good month and it's great to be recognised for it.

2014 FIFA World Cup Final

View attachment 370840

And to finish the result of the 2014 FIFA World Cup sees the Italians squeeze through in ET against the Spanish. The Azzurri score through Gabbiadini and Bonaventura while Silva scored the equalizer for Spain.

Salthill Devon FC

Cairdeas Tre Spoirt

August Board Confidence

View attachment 370813

So 'untouchable' is the Board's view of me. It's good to see they're not taking our good form for granted and forgetting last year.

Player Injuries

Cillian Thompson DM/MC
View attachment 370809
Thigh Strain 4 Weeks

Alan Arbuthnot M/AMC
View attachment 370810
Twisted Ankle 6-7 weeks

Adrian Harper DM/MC
View attachment 370811
Twisted Ankle 6-7 Weeks

Lenny Walker M/AMC
View attachment 370812
Twisted Knee 4 Weeks

I lose three of my four starting midfielders in the space of a week this month. Arbuthnot was another inopportune time for his own personal progress as I had planned to have him step into the shoes Barry had left as our chief playmaker.

August Fixtures

View attachment 370814

A stop go sort of month with 3 wins in the league interwined with a loss in the league and one in the Challenge Cup third round against Bohemians at our joint. Stand out moment was another 3-1 win against Athlone Town away. We've now taken a possible 10 from 12 points against them this season and if we get promoted it will have a lot to do with those performances. I can't not mention Bolger again who scored another five goals this month including another hat-trick, this time against bitter rivals Mervue Utd.

View attachment 370808

Back to back good months has seen us sneak into top spot on goal difference, due largely to the 3-1 win. With only four games to go it really is heating up. Assured ourselves a playoff spot this month so it's all in our hands. Bolger extends his lead at the top of the Goalscoring charts aswell. His tally in the league stands at 18.

Salthill Devon FC

Cairdeas Tre Spoirt

September Board Confidence

View attachment 370799

September Youth Intake

View attachment 370797

So the time of year all managers love. The time they get their new youth players in and this year did not disappoint, eclipsing last years excellent intake with a couple of very handy players for us. It's so good that I will be taking them all on. Only problem is i received 7 strikers when I only play one upfront normally so a few will need to be retrained or developed and sold to help build the club coffers.

Michael Devine STC

View attachment 370802

One lad that will not be retrained or sold off (if I have anything to say about it) is Michael Devine. A very promising lad who is touted as a future star of the Irish Premier League and is already at his tender age the best player at our club. Will be hard to play him right away with the form of Bolger.

The Irish League Cup Review

View attachment 370798

Named as the biggest overachievers of the League Cup shows how we're improving.

September Fixtures

View attachment 370800

Three league games this month with two wins and a draw seeing us maintain our good form late on. Surprise, surprise it's Bolger again with another three goals this month. Only final one league game against U.C.D. next month who have struggled a bit this year. We haven't managed to beat them so far, that will need to change if we are to win the league and automatic promotion.

View attachment 370801

A one point lead for us with a solitary game remaining although Athlone Town have a game in hand. Regardless of what happens next month we can all be proud of the turn around. Bolger continues to run away with the top scorer trophy and Carey becoming dangerous on the right flank.

Salthill Devon FC

Cairdeas Tre Spoirt

October 2014

Athlone Town drew their game in hand away to Wexford Yths 2-2 leaving us on level points with a single game to go. Our superior goal difference meant that if we beat U.C.D. we would be crowned champions and clinch automatic promotion.

We werent able to hold up our end of the bargain, only drawing with U.C.D. one all with Bolger scoring in the 40th minute. Athlone Town managed a one nil win at home to Cobh Ramblers to clinch the League Title and consign us to a playoff spot and a date with Finn Harps. I'll need to do my best to pick up some disheartened players who were so close to First Division success.

First Division Playoff Leg 1 vs Finn Harps

2-3
View attachment 370782

A thrilling first leg saw us score two in a minute then get pegged back to 2 all at half time. We scored a deserved third and take a slim advantage back to our home supporters for the second leg. Veteran McGranaghan had a game to remember bagging two well taken goals.

First Division Playoff Leg 2 vs Finn Harps

2-2
View attachment 370780

A two all draw sees us through to the Premier League Relegation Playoff! Bolger once again popped up like he has all season to get the equalizer that puts us through, deservedly I must say. We will need to play better against Premier League opposition to earn promotion.

Irish Premier League Relegation Playoff Draw

View attachment 370781

So we get Limerick F.C! It seems like fate that we get them to make the Premier League after my earlier connections in a previous story. We cannot afford to lose this and spend another year in the First Division where I can't guarantee the future of our players who have been terrific this season and our talented youth who have already started to garner some interest both with Ireland and abroad.

Premier League Relegation Playoff Leg 1 vs Limerick F.C.

3-3
View attachment 370784

What a thriller! A goal to impressive debutant Michael Devine early on before goals either side of half time saw us staring down a defeat. Goals to that man Bolger and a penalty to loanee Ebbe gave us hope of another 3-2 away victory in the playoffs but it wasn't to be as O'Flynn completed his hat-trick to even it up for the return leg.

Premier League Relegation Playoff Leg 2 vs Limerick F.C.

2-1
View attachment 370785

Gifted with the knowledge that there was no away goals rule in the playoffs, shutting up shop wasn't an option as a draw would send us to extra time and knowing how tired our players were and our lower level of fitness being an amateur club that only trained twice a week we needed to settle this in normal time. Either way.
A good start for us was pegged back at half time by their pacey winger Galbraith. The second half saw Bolger score an incredible 25th goal of the season. Incredible because he only scored 4 in the first 12 games then went on a vein of form that included 21 goals in 18 games. We managed to hold on after a brilliant game from Adrian Harper in the centre of the park and we were Promoted! Amazing! Absolutely astounding. An amateur club from Galway will be playing in the Irish Premier League next year after scraping through the playoffs with two 5-4 aggregate victories.

Promoted!

View attachment 370783

View attachment 370786

October Fixtures

View attachment 370778

And there's the proof of our exploits in the last month. I'm beginning to sound like a broken record but Bolger chips in again with another four goals this month.

View attachment 370779

So there's the table to finish things off. Athlone Town winning automatic promotion and Mervue Utd finishing bottom shipping far too many goals. U.C.D. were a big surprise finishing 5th and a massive 21 points and a goal difference of 40 behind us.

Salthill Devon FC

Cairdeas Tre Spoirt

2014 End of Season Review

November Board Confidence

View attachment 368141

Obviously still happy with how things went last season :p

Salthill Devon FC Highest Ever Finish

View attachment 368142

So obviously with last year's finish of 7th being our highest ever, this second place tops that by some margin!

Irish First Division Review

View attachment 368131

Expectantly named as the season's biggest overachievers with results like our 5-0 thrashing of Finn Harps helping our cause. I really thought this win and our results against Athlone Town were the reasons we had belief that we could get promoted.

Final League Standings

View attachment 368136

Confirmation of all the final details of the league. Best goal difference and least amount of losses show why we deserve to go up. Comfortably second over Finn Harps and so close to beating Athlone Town. Would have really loved to clinch my first trophy but it wasn't to be.

2014 Media Prediction

View attachment 368137

As good as their prediction was last year they were so wrong this year!

Irish First Division Team Stats

View attachment 368138

Irish First Division Team of the Year

View attachment 368147

So one more player in the team than last year, all different I might add though. Bolger for his goals, Carey for his assists and Walsh, who I haven't really mentioned was outstanding between the sticks keeping nine clean sheets.

Irish First Division Player of the Year

View attachment 368143

Bolger picks up third place which is baffling if you read the stats of all three players.

Irish First Division Bronze Boot

View attachment 368144

Bolger picks this one up with 23 league goals in 29 matches, the most goals to win it for more than ten years.

Irish First Division Goalkeeper of the Year

View attachment 368145

Walshy picks this award up with some fine performances as I mentioned earlier. He came in to the team late last year and was probably the reason we didn't finish bottom. I gave him a chance at the start of this season and never looked back, playing the most amount of games of any player. At 21 years of age his stock should be on the rise.

Irish First Division Manager of the Year

View attachment 368146

So I pick up my first individual award after polling three times more points than my nearest opponents.

Irish First Division Player Stats

View attachment 368139

Our players are there or thereabouts in most of the positive categories and one of the negatives. I'm looking at you Keith Murray!

Salthill Devon FC in Order of Appearances

View attachment 368140

Better this season with a core of eight players playing some part in all of the season and the rest rotating around due to injuries, form etc.

Anthony Bolger Salthill Devon FC's Fan's Player of the Year

View attachment 368132View attachment 368133

Deservedly so after individually getting us promoted with his goals. Hope he can continue next season in the Premier League and develop further.

Salthill Devon FC Best Eleven 2014

View attachment 368134

Fairly straight forward team here as most of them played a full season. James Clarke at centre back was an example of how I couldn't find a partner for Seery as his 14 apperances and average of 6.63 isn't really best eleven material.

Salthill Devon FC All Time Best Eleven

View attachment 368135

Republic of Ireland Club Reputation List

View attachment 368130

Significant jump as we increase our reputation to one star and national awareness.

Salthill Devon FC Professional Status

View attachment 368129

Excellent news as this allows us to tie players to contracts. On the down side I now have to pay wages which will be tough on the old club finances.

So now Premier League football comes to Galway next season, still a lot to do before the first whistle is blown.

Salthill Devon FC

Cairdeas Tre Spoirt

January/February 2015

Winter Transfer Window

January Board Confidence

View attachment 617234

February Board Confidence

View attachment 617237

So expectations have been reset in the off season and ready to perform in the Premier League

Media Prediction

View attachment 617249

New league but the same old predictions! The media give us absolutely no chance of winning the Premier League and very little of still being in it come the end of the season with odds of 2001-1. To put it into comparison the team predicted to finish second bottom Longford are quoted at 51-1. That means mathematically we are forty times more likely to get relegated than them. Last season Limerick and Shelbourne both ended on 32 points. If Longford were to end up on that many points this season then according to the medias prediction they expect us to finish on about one point.
Sorry if it seems like I'm ranting but it's silly that we are being cast that far adrift considering we beat Limerick over two legs to get here and lost out to Athlone Town by two points and suddenly we're forty times less likely to still be in this league in 12 months time. If I was a betting man I'd put a few quid on us staying up. Just a gut feeling.

Sky Bet Odds

View attachment 617252

Season Ticket Sales

View attachment 617240

So our performances last year attracted that one bloke and another 12 others. That's close to a 50% increase in ticket sales from last year. If we can continue that increase every year I'd be very happy.

Transfer History

View attachment 617243

The players bought in this winter were intended to improve our first XI for the IPD and I would like to think I've done that. Conneeely is a RB who is also at home as a CB. A bit on the slow side but at 25 was a definite upgrade from what I've had previously. Jason Molloy is a versatile midfielder who can play on either side or up front if needed. Ciaran Kelly is an experienced GK who will be needed as I'm unsure of Walshy at this level. Paul Matondo could be a handy pick up. He was the LM in the Irish First Division Team of the Year and gives me some depth out there if I change formations.
As for exits a lot of squad players who were barely First Division standard depart. Also highly promising striker Michael Devine is picked up by Middlesbrough for 70K which is a kick in the teeth. As soon as we became semi pro I offered him a deal but he declined as the sharks were already circling. Hope to get him back to the club in a few years time providing his progress isn't fecked by 'Brough.
So all that lead me to this....

The Prodigal Son Returns!

View attachment 617246

The fans love him and more importantly I love him so when Dundalk were looking to loan him out I couldn't pass the opportunity up. I will finally get the chance to see if he's up to this level or not.

February Fixtures

View attachment 617258

Welcome to the Premier League! A tough pre season see's us finish the month with the curtain raiser away to Shamrock Rovers who finsihed fifth last season but are usually around the mark most years. They brushed us aside 2-0 with two goals in the latter part of the first half. We held our own, creating 4 or 5 clear cut chances but our overall finishing let us down. Ex EPL players like Stephen McPhail and Stephen Hunt were a class above our semi pro battlers.

League Standings

View attachment 617255

One round in and as expected by everyone we are sitting at the foot of the table.

Salthill Devon FC

Cairdeas Tre Spoirt

March Board Confidence

View attachment 368068

So with wages now a factor the club is spilling a bit of money each month now. Need to do well in the cup competitions to get that prize money into the club.

Player Injuries

Alan Arbuthnot M/AMC
View attachment 368067

Disappointing again for the young lad. These injuries must surely be affecting his progress, can't string a long run of games together often enough.

March Fixtures

View attachment 368069

After a couple of handy draws to Bray Wanderers and Sligo Rovers we were shown the true nature of the IPD for the rest of the month. Tough on a semi pro side to play twice a week with a fairly small squad early on but we're with the big boys now and have to learn to toughen up, grit our teeth and get through it and grind out some results. The Bohemians result is hard to take as they scored an 88th minute winner while we we're 2-1 up against Bray Wanderers.

View attachment 368070

Two draws see us climb up to 10th. Even this early it seems the games against Bray Wanderers and Longford are going to be six pointers in terms of deciding relegation places.

Last edited:
Salthill Devon FC

Cairdeas Tre Spoirt

April Board Confidence

View attachment 366539

New Signing

Darren Murphy M/RC
View attachment 366542

29 year old Darren Murphy joins us on a free transfer after a previous spell at Cork City. He is our best player on paper and I'm hoping he will integrate into a fairly young squad and show a bit of maturity.

Irish Premier Division Record for Most Goals in a Game

View attachment 366538

Youngster O'Connell gets four to break the previous record of three set back in 2013. O'Connell was initially overlooked as a top prospect due to the presence of Michael Devine in the same youth intake. Devine's departure allowed him to shine and this shows he has some ability in front of goal.

April Fixtures

View attachment 366540

An up and down month shows that we aren't going to be complete pushovers in this league with that 4-2 victory over relegation rivals Longford seeming very important early on. A draw with Cork City was encouraging and we know results like the 5-1 hammering at the hands of Dundalk will happen, hopefully we can keep them to a minimum. O'Connell the pick of the players this month with five goals. We may have unearthed a player here.

View attachment 366541

As you can see that win against Longford is crucial, keeping us three points ahead of them. We need to keep in touch with Bray Wanderers because even this early that 10th spot looks like as high as we will probably be able to climb.

Salthill Devon FC

Cairdeas Tre Spoirt

May Board Confidence

View attachment 366534

May Fixtures

View attachment 366535

A positive month with crucial wins over Bray Wanderers and Drogheda Utd and an important point against Sligo Rovers. The only loss coming to Shamrock Rovers 2-0 again but that was expected against what is a very strong side. If they aren't near the top come season's end then they're manager is doing something wrong. A morale boosting win over Tolka Rover in the Challenge Cup 2nd round is welcome, not only for the prize money but also the chance to record another win.

View attachment 366536

Important results this month have seen us climb above Bray Wanderers and into the glory land that is 10th position. If we can either extend that 4 point buffer or at least maintain it for the next couple of months I believe we will get stronger.

Salthill Devon FC

Cairdeas Tre Spoirt

June Board Confidence

View attachment 366514

The Board happy this month, not only with results but new signing Gareth Cambridge aswell. He came in last month on a free transfer and has already managed two assists in his first couple of games in the shadow striker role.

Conor Barry Player of the Month for June

View attachment 366512

A great month for the lad back on loan from Dundalk. A bit of a surprise that he won it actually as the form of Fran O'Connell was outstanding but he's not even mentioned in the top three as our Jason Molloy finishes runner up.

Salthill Devon FC's First International Call Up!!!

View attachment 366511

A proud day for our youth academy as our first season's intake Alan Arbuthnot gains a call up to the Northern Ireland U19 squad. This is the clubs first ever call up and hopefully will not be the last.

June Fixtures

View attachment 366513

An excellent month as we take apart both Derry City and St Pat's Athletic away from home. The 3-2 loss to Bohemians is unfortunate as they scored an 88th minute winner from a penalty that was an atrocious call from the ref. I've watched the incident back a few times and still can't see what it was that was supposed to have caused it. O'Connell continues on his merry scoring form bagging two in each of our wins.

View attachment 366515

As good as our month was Bray Wanderers was even better collecting nine points from a possible nine this month. This looks like it's going to be tough all the way down to the end for that relegation playoff spot. Longford look in a bit of trouble now and will need to have a few good months to avoid the automatic drop. On a bright note Fran O'Connell races up to second in the goalscoring charts and top of the average rating while Jason Molloy gets into fourth with a good month of assists.

Salthill Devon FC

Cairdeas Tre Spoirt

July Board Confidence

View attachment 366506

Our wage and transfer budgets go out the window this month....

Five Join Salthill

View attachment 366504

....and this is why. I could see in our performances that the team was starting to fade and the squad players we had weren't of a sufficient calibre to warrant a starting spot, especially in the relegation dogfight we find ourselves in. I went on a raid of First Division Limerick FC as they were running away with the league and some of their better players were unhappy so I thought I'd get them before they were happy again back in the Premier League. Right Back Shaun Kelly is a class above all our current options and so are David O'Leary (Not the former manager, we're not that desperate yet) and Stephen Folan. Jake Keegan gives us something different upfront and joins on a free transfer. Ciaran Coll will hopefully be the end of my woes at LB. He always played well against me so bringing him across for 27K was worth the outlay.

Salthill and Dundalk break record for Most Goals in a Match

View attachment 366505

The game ended 5-4 and broke both club and league records. Unfortunately we were on the wrong end of the result. Even more unfortunate is the fact we were 4-1 up after 18 minutes then preceded to self destruct from there on out.

July Fixtures

View attachment 366507

Two draws and two losses this month including the epic I mentioned above. The home draw against Longford was disappointing as Bray Wanderers got points off them only a week or two before. We finally broke our string of losses against Shamrock Rovers earning a 2 all draw showing that we are indeed improving, even if it seems like one step forward, two steps back at times. Even the morale shattering loss to Dundalk was a positive of sorts as only three months earlier we were thrashed 5-1 at home and were 4-1 up away from home before succumbing to the best side in the league at the moment.

View attachment 366508

By the grace of god we still hold a one point advantage over Bray Wanderers and even now have a game in hand! But while I was so worries about them this month Longford got a few points this month and seem to be gaining momentum at the right time, now only 6 points behind. That game in hand becomes all the more important.

Salthill Devon FC

Cairdeas Tre Spoirt

August Board Confidence

View attachment 366503

Player Injuries

Darren Murphy M/RC
View attachment 366498
Twisted Ankle 5-6 Weeks

Ciaran Coll D/ML
View attachment 366500
Hip Injury 3 Months

Shaun Kelly D/RC
View attachment 366501
Twisted Ankle 5-6 Weeks

After a fairly good run with injuries since I bought in a new Physio during the off season I have a fairly bad month as three recent and key sigings all go down for lengthy periods. Coll is the big miss as the back ups for LB haven't been up to scratch.

Irish Premier League Goal of the Month

View attachment 366502

Jason Molloy scores a screamer from outside the box to continue his great start at the club.

Roper Reaches 100 Games In Management

View attachment 366499

I reached the milestone in the final game of the month, result is below but it's great to get here and see that although sometimes it doesn't feel like it we are in fact making progress since that first game against Waterford three years ago. Here's to another 100.

August Fixtures

View attachment 366496

A very good month as far as the league goes as we only lose the one game against fourth placed Sligo Rovers and manage wins against Bohemians and Derry City in my 100th game in charge. Two draws against Cork City and Bray Wanderers round out the league action while we were knocked out in the third round of the Challenge Cup against Derry City. The 4-4 draw against Bray Wanderers is particularly painful after being 4-2 up then having Ciaran Coll sent off and Darren Murphy scoring an 86th minute own goal equaliser. At least we didn't drop points against a relegation rival.

View attachment 366497

A five point buffer to Bray Wanderers remains and we've actually pulled to within two points of fellow promotee's Athlone Town and Shamrock Rovers.