Samuel Peters - Dream Job, can he be a success

SamPeters

Reaction score
159746.jpg

A little more about the manager

Samuel Peters is a 21 year old lad from Brighton, England but is currently living in Peacehaven which is in the South East of England and has landed his dream job getting the Brighton and Hove Albion job

Only having previous experience in Sunday League football it is a very surprising choice by Tony Bloom but stated that the love and passion they both share for the club was the reason behind this.

Fans always talk about how they can do a better job, now this fan gets his chance to live his dream

Next Update
My next update will be a look at the history of Brighton and Hove Albion

P.S. This will be my last Brighton save on FM15, If my laptop messes up again then my next Brighton game will be on FM16

Last edited:
159746.jpg

Overview

Brighton and Hove Albion were founded in 1901 and spent the first 19 years of existence in the Southern Leagues but in 1920 they were elected to be in the Football League's Third Division
300px-Goldstone_Ground_-_geograph-1220106.jpg

Brighton and Hove Albion played at the Goldstone Ground from 1901 to 1997 where they experienced many ups and downs but the team's biggest achievement in this time was competing in the 1983 FA Cup Final against Manchester United where they lost the replay.
endofthegoldstone.jpg

The owners at that time (Bill Archer and David Bellotti) decided they wanted to sell the ground which almost lead to the demise of the club as the club got little money from the sale of the ground
http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/****+Knight+Brighton+Hove+Albion+v+Stockport+kJIW3_vt16Cl.jpg
Brighton and Hove Albion were saved by Lifelong fan **** Knight who brought the club thanks to the backing from the Brighton and Hove Albion fans
2065705711_a74b899965.jpg

The club had to spend 1997-1999 ground sharing with Gillingham at the Priestfield Stadium as the ground share deal with Portsmouth fell through, Nothing really happened for Brighton over the two years here.
488.jpg

In 2000-2011, Brighton and Hove Albion moved back to Brighton and played at the Withdean Stadium, Although it was a Sports Complex it was home for the fans and just like the Goldstone, Brighton experienced many ups and downs during their time at the Withdean Stadium and in their last season they achieved promotion to the Championship
_40844184_falmer1_203.jpg
_40118934_march_bbc_203.jpg

For 14 years since the sale of the club and the ground, the club struggled financially and the fans done protest after protest to have a proper stadium again and got planning permission was given in 2002 for the stadium to go ahead at Falmer but the locals and the Lewes District Council fought it and once again was given permission in 2005 but once again was fought by the locals and the Council.
_57189024_57189023.jpg
Tony-Bloom-brighton-poker-table-guru.jpg

In 2007, Brighton and Hove Albion were finally given the go ahead fully for the new stadium and this was helped financially by Tony Bloom who in 2009 also took over the club from **** Knight but like Knight, Bloom is a life long Brighton fan and in 2011, Brighton and Hove Albion officially moved into the AMEX stadium

159746.jpg

Squad
25so3nr.jpg
2h5tnjs.jpg

Goalkeepers
David Stockdale and Christian Walton will be fighting it out mainly for the number one spot in the side with Casper Ankergren to be 3rd choice so if I get a decent bid in then I will most likely let him go

Defenders
Lewis Dunk will be the main defender in my line up but we have some great options but I feel we will need another Center Back and Left Back to compete well and also for the fitness of the other players.

Midfielders
This is my strongest area on the field with only Kemy Agustien as a player I feel will not be up to standards so will go onto the Transfer List, I will look to bring in 1 or 2 more wingers as it is needed for the season

Strikers
I sent Leon Best back to Blackburn Rovers as I feel he will not be good enough for me. There is no doubt we will need to bring in a striker or two and this will be one of my main priorities this summer.

Transfer-centre.jpg
159746.jpg
250055271.jpg

Brighton and Hove Albion make first signing

Brighton and Hove Albion today confirm their first signing of the summer with the season long loan signing of Ruben Neves from FC Porto

The 17 year old is held in high regards by everyone at FC Porto and will be one for the future for them but with first team chances limited, Ruben has opted to spend the season in England in the Sky Bet Championship with Brighton and Hove Albion.
250055271.jpg

Ruben Neves Comments on Move to Brighton

"I am delighted to come to Brighton and Hove Albion for the season, I know Joao (Teixiera) and he said good things about the city and the club and after travelling over and seeing the stadium and their training ground, I know I have made the right move for me this season."
159746.jpg

Brighton and Hove Albion Manager Samuel Peters comments on Ruben Neves

"I was not originally looking at another central midfielder but when Ruben came up as a loan option, I knew it would be the right move for us this season and will be delighted to watch him progress this season and hopefully him and Joao can form a friendship and help each other out while they are here"

Transfer-centre.jpg
159746.jpg
220px-Ezequiel_2011_001.jpg
250073710.jpg

Brighton secure double midfield signing

Brighton and Hove Albion have today confirmed the signing of two players
220px-Ezequiel_2011_001.jpg

The first is 23 year old Spanish Midfielder Ezequiel on a free transfer

The 23 year old has been at Real Betis his whole career and made appearances in the lower divisions for them but for the last 4 seasons has been out on loan to different clubs but they decided to release him and he now makes the trip to England to play for Brighton and Hove Albion.

Ezequiel comments on his move to Brighton and Hove Albion

"I was hoping to make an impact at Real Betis as I have been there since a child but it was not meant to be but the manager here at Brighton convinced me to bring myself here and I can see big things happening for the club.

Brighton and Hove Albion Manager Samuel Peters comments on the move

"Ezequiel has a lot of talent and I was surprised to see him not make the breakthrough at Real Betis but I am delighted he has come here and can be a big player for this club for years to come.
250073710.jpg

The second is the season long loan signing of 18 year old Spanish midfielder Adama Traore from F.C. Barcelona

The 18 year old is set to have a bright future at F.C. Barcelona but with first team chances limited for him, he joins Ruben Neves and Ezequiel in joining Brighton and Hove Albion

Adama Traore comments on his move

"I am happy to come to England and play for Brighton for this season, it will help my development as a player with the experience of a different playing style and living culture and hope I can help Brighton in achieving their goal of reaching the Premiership this season.

Brighton and Hove Albion Manager Samuel Peters comments on the signing of Adama Traore

"I am delighted to bring in Adama for the season, It was a long shot with bringing him in but it is great and I can't wait to see him play for us this season and this will also conclude our midfield transfer business coming in for the moment and will now look at the other areas to strengthen.

Transfer-centre.jpg
159746.jpg
post-56680-0-03664300-1429221999.jpg

A second Barcelona player heads to England

18 year old Spanish Left Back Alex Grimaldo has joined Adama Traore in joining Brighton and Hove Albion from F.C. Barcelona on a Season Long Loan deal.

The 18 year old like Adama, Is set for a bright future at F.C. Barcelona and will be hoping his season with Brighton will help him fight for first team football next season.
post-56680-0-03664300-1429221999.jpg

Alex Grimaldo comments on the move to Brighton

"I am delighted to come join Brighton for the season, I travelled over here with Adama and I hope that I can come a long way this season and go back and fight for a first team place at F.C. Barcelona next season."

"Alex has all the talent to become one of the top Left Backs in the world and I am delighted he has come here for the season and will be great to see him develop over the season."

Some quality signings you got there!! I reckon James Wilson on loan to strengthen the attack and you will have good chance of promotion.

Transfer-centre.jpg
159746.jpg

Zebinajonathan.jpg

Zebina moves to Brighton

Brighton and Hove Albion today confirmed the signing of 35 year old experienced French defender Jonathan Zebina on a free transfer on a 1 year deal.

Jonathan Zebina career has been mainly in the Serie A with spells at Cagliari, Roma, Juventus and Bresica and has spent the last 3 years back in his home country of France where he has had spells at Stade Brestois 29 and Toulouse FC and will now make his move to England and play in the Sky Bet Championship for Brighton and Hove Albion
Zebinajonathan.jpg

Jonathan Zebina comments on his move

"English football has always excited me and I saw a lot of people talking about the Sky Bet Championship so I tuned in myself and some of the football in this division is exciting and Brighton offered me the chance to come over so I was delighted to accept."

Brighton and Hove Albion Manager Samuel Peters comments on the transfer

"Bringing in someone with Jonathan's experience at top clubs was vital for us as he can lend a hand to some of the younger players and hopefully help tutor them.

There is one more potential central defender coming in on loan but apart from that this will be in the end of my defending targets and now my only focus will be on bringing a striker in."

Some quality signings you got there!! I reckon James Wilson on loan to strengthen the attack and you will have good chance of promotion.

Will have a look mate but think with the new update that it's not possible but I will see but yeah I was surprised to get some of them in and very confident in going up this season

Transfer-centre.jpg
159746.jpg
emartsoccer5375f13954547.jpg

A new striker heads to the South Coast

Brighton and Hove Albion's search for a striker was completed today with the signing of 24 year old Spanish Striker Sergi Enrich from C.D. Numancia SAD for a fee of £500K

Sergi Enrich has been in Spain his whole career with spells at Mallorca, Recreativo, Alcorcon and Numancia with his best season coming last season with Numancia scoring 10 goals in 38 games but he still has many years left yet with Brighton and Hove Albion hoping that they will have him for his best years
emartsoccer5375f13954547.jpg

Sergi Enrich comments on his move to Brighton

"It was a tough decision to leave Spain as I have been there my whole life but I felt I needed a new challenge and Brighton offered me that chance in England and I can't wait to get started, I had spoken with a few current and old Spanish Brighton players including: Bruno, Inigo Calderon, Andrea Orlandi, David Lopez, Vicente who all spoke very highly of the club and the city and the fans so it will be a great experience for me."

Brighton and Hove Albion Manager Samuel Peters comments on the signing of Sergi Enrich

"I am thrilled that Sergi has signed, He was my number one target from the start and I was finally delighted we got him and at the age of 24 he still has he best years ahead of him and I can't wait to see that develop here at Brighton and Hove Albion.

This will also most likely be our last signing of the window but I am still waiting on news with that but I wanted to get my deals done early so it gives them all time to blend well together as a squad and I am very happy with each of my signings!"

I had Sergi Enrich on loan for 2 consecutive seasons in my Eibar story and he did great in La Liga so I am sure he will do just fine in the Championship!

Transfer-centre.jpg
159746.jpg
eb0a2e4eb0874315b1b79701e711f98e.jpg

Powell heads south

Brighton and Hove Albion have signed 20 year old English Midfielder Nick Powell from Manchester United on a Season Long Loan

Nick Powell started off his career at Crewe Alexandra but then got his dream move to Manchester United but has not managed to break into the first team so he spent time last season on loan at Wigan Athletic but will now spend this season with the Seagulls.
eb0a2e4eb0874315b1b79701e711f98e.jpg

Nick Powell comments on move to Brighton

"I am delighted to come here, I was very impressed with them when I was at Wigan last season and feel the club can go that extra step this season."

"I was not going to bring anyone else in but after our recent partnership link with Manchester United they let me know he was available on loan so I took up the option."

159746.jpg

Pre-Season 2014

Pre-Season Games
35mh0r7.jpg

My Player of Pre-Season was Chris O'Grady, got 5 goals in the matches and should be good sign of things to come from him this season

Overall
A very successful Pre-Season in terms of results and Performances although Results in Pre-Season are not a major concern for me.

159746.jpg

August 2014
sky-bet-championship-logo.jpg

Game 1
i73k42.jpg

A win at home to start the season off is great but with how dominate we was, I was hoping we could have scored a couple more but the win and the 3 points is the most important thing.

My star player of the match was Lewis Dunk, he had a great game at the back today and hardly put a foot wrong.
10pssh2.png

1st Round
23wnn74.jpg

Victory was expected today and we done just that with a very convincing win against the Sky Bet League One side and now we move onto the next round!

My star player of the match was Joao Teixeira, He made his debut today for us and had a great game and also got himself a couple of goals!

Game 2
wufl81.jpg

A great away performance by us today makes it 2 out of 2 so far this season! was also delighted to see Sergi Enrich get his first goal for us today.

My star player of the match was Adam Chicksen, he has a great game for us today and got the assist for Enrich's winner and originally viewed as 3rd choice and a chance of going out on loan to now giving me the selection headache once Grimaldo is over his injury.

Game 3
k2mqn7.jpg

A tough game here today for us as Leeds were by far the better team but we still managed to come away with a point which shows great attitude by the players

My star player of the match was Jonathan Zebina, he had a great game alongside Greer today and also got the goal for his first ever goal for us

Game 4
2llehht.jpg

A great performance at home today and we won comfortably and controlled the match from the get go

My star player of the match was Adama Traore, He had a great performance in front of the AMEX crowd today and got himself a couple of goals and he was the best player on the pitch by a mile.
10pssh2.png

2nd Round
517fyd.jpg

A win that was expected but it was a great performance by the players and was delighted to give Alex Grimaldo his debut today

My star player of the match was Paddy McCourt, A great game for him today and picked himself up 2 assists during the game

Game 5
122no06.jpg

And we end the month with an amazing performance at home and secured the easy victory, On top from the beginning and never looked like losing

My star player of the match was Bruno, A great game at Right Back today and hit a great long ball to get an assist for Enrich's goal
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Team Competitions

Sky Bet Championship: 2nd
9ibfiu.jpg
2sakxtu.jpg

What a start to the season! unbeaten in the first month is always a great sign! hopefully we can keep this performances up throughout the season

Capital One Cup: 3rd Round Vs West Ham United
We faced a couple of Sky Bet League One sides and the 3rd Round gives us a great challenge as we face Premiership side West Ham United
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Player Stats

Top Goalscorer
images

Joao Texeira - 4

Most Assists
paddy-mccourt229-1859523_231x264.jpg
sam-baldock229-1890359_231x264.jpg
250056274.jpg

Paddy McCourt + Sam Baldock + Adama Traore - 2

Most Man of the Matches
bruno229-1794045_231x264.jpg
lewis-dunk229-1793906_231x264.jpg
images
adam-chicksen229-1793894_231x264.jpg
250056274.jpg

Bruno + Lewis Dunk + Joao Texeira + Adam Chicksen + Adama Traore - 1

Top Rating
lewis-dunk229-1793906_231x264.jpg

Lewis Dunk - 7.93

159746.jpg
BqdnBycjohP9jlKhGxb6HgbJTqxReckV.jpg

Summer Transfer Window Round Up
2d6vc3m.jpg

I mainly wanted to focus on youth coming into the side but also made an experienced signing in Zebina as I felt his experience can help the younger player and yeah I may have made a few loan signings but the quality in them players is amazing and I am delighted to have all of them in my squad this season and think this squad is capable of a Top 2 finish this season and spent under a Million!

No-One left us transfer wise during the window apart from sending a few young players out on loan and releasing a couple I felt were not capable of ever making the squad so it's better for their careers if they find a club which matches their abilities.