Save games not loading Post 11.2 patch ?!

Reaction score
None of my save games are loading following my downloading of the patch ?!
I use steam and the patch auto uploaded so I had no option regarding the patching.

Now none of my games load, including back ups I have not accessed in over 10 days.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Deffo the patch, just started a new game to check and that file loads fine.
Just my actual save games as I do not want to start a new game.

Any ideas ?

reinstall your game

have you removed the old patch? that is the only reason it wouldn't work.

The only thing is that something has corrupted when you have installed 11.2. move all graphics and saves etc that you want to keep and uninstall. Then reinstall.

the same thing has happened with me i haven't personally download the update but i have steam so guess that did it, is the only option to reinstall the game?

Anyone who's suffering with 'the save game could not be loaded' - can you PLEASE do the following:

What version are you running? (Steam/Boxed/Digital Download)

Have you installed any of the patches previously (11.1 or 11.1.1)?

Delete your settings folder as shown here - http://community.sigames.com/showth...ger-2011-FAQ?p=6066654&viewfull=1#post6066654

Once this is done, try loading the game again. If you still cannot load it, upload your save game to the FTP and we'll take a look. FTP details here - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...54-FTP-Details

Let me know, thanks.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=835650&postcount=88

Last edited:
Link doesn't work

How do I delete settings folder the link doesn't work.

I'm using steam and when I closed the game it automatically downloaded and update and tehn I have ahd teh same problem from then.

there is an issue with save games that have any of the polish leagues in them, SI are working on it.

How do I delete settings folder the link doesn't work.

I'm using steam and when I closed the game it automatically downloaded and update and tehn I have ahd teh same problem from then.

link updated...

Forgive me if this sounds stupid, but my save is not loading, I started a new game (just England) and save it, loaded new saved game which it did, so I ruled out a problem with the pc.
After reading this thread, I take it an update was loaded from steam and there is now a problem loading saved games which have Polish leagues (mine does).
So can anything be done or is there something being done?:'(

If SI are looking into it then there will either be another hotfix released in the coming days, or they will leave it until the patch scheduled for February.

If SI are looking into it then there will either be another hotfix released in the coming days, or they will leave it until the patch scheduled for February.
So will I just have to wait?
I'm not that IT literate:S

Given Steam users with Polish leagues cannot downgrade even if we wanted to, I truly hope they fix it before Christmas ;)

Glad I just stuck with English leagues. Was really worried after reading the posts on patch problems, about loading my saved game. Wonder why a league like that (Polish) would cause problems

I'll confirm that even after clearing the settings folder, my save game does not load on 11.2. I loaded all of Europe (not much I didn't load, come to think of it) so Polish leagues are loaded.

What happens if you start a new game with Polish leagues loaded?

I just tried starting a new game with Polish Leagues added (with Steam patch btw), and the new game loaded up without any problems