Scarps' Liga BBVA Chairman Game - The Story Thread!

Scarps

Reaction score
Hey guys! This is the story thread for my Liga BBVA Chairman game!

For the Rules and Signup Thread, click this link - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...on/113247-scarps-liga-bbva-chairman-game.html

LIGA BBVA Chairmen!!!

1. Athletic Bilbao - Bornexplorer88 -
José María Olazábal
2. Atletico Madrid - NathWalker - Nathan Walker
3. Barcelona - Adam Gutteridge
4. Celta Vigo
5. Deportivo La Coruna - Akash - Mauro Silva
6. Espanyol - Shell Beach - Andras Borai
7. Getafe - Jordan59 - Nigel Thornberry
8. Granada - MadRo - Leonardo Di Caprio
9. Levante - Inquisition - Alejandro Estrada
10. Mallorca - T1LL13 - Scott Tillie
11. Malaga - StokieScott - Scott Lochrie
12. Osasuna - Tezzz - Terry Dunne
13. Rayo Vallecano -
giorgi kinkladze
14. Real Betis - Wonderkid360 - Bin dere dun dat
15. Real Madrid - KaiRooney - Santiago Munez

16. Real Sociedad - rj789 - Ron Burgondey
17. Real Valladolid - LewisDevlin97 - Lewis Devlin
18. Real Zaragoza - Jakebcfcsotv - Jake Thomas
19. Sevilla - Scarps - Speedy McGeady
20. Valencia - Revolution

PLEASE NOTE - THE CHAIRMAN TO CHAIRMAN TRANSFER WINDOW WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 11:59PM GMT ON THURSDAY THE 14TH OF FEBRUARY - ANY BIDS RECEIVED AFTER THIS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. ALL OTHER TRANSFERS ARE TO BE DONE AT A LATER DATE

A quick refresh on some of the rules for this thread:

Posting Rules
1) You must put some effort into your press releases. see this link for examples, similar to story
2) You must be able to regularly check the thread for updates, read your PMs, and follow the rules of the game. Failure to be active or repeatedly violating the rules of the game will see you being removed from it.
3) Nothing is to be announced in this thread until I have told you it is OK.
4) Anything you want to do must be sent to me in a PM. I will then check it, and if it is all OK I will reply and let you know that you can announce it in the thread. (if my Inbox is full, email me - [email protected])
5) Failure to confirm things with me before announcing them will see you removed from the game.

QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING MANAGER SACKING, MANAGER HIRING AND RELEASE CLAUSES.

Manager Sacking - Sacking Cost = Current Manager Wage * Remaining Weeks on Contract * 0.8
Manager Hiring - Hiring Cost (if Employed) - Their Current Wage * 1.5 = Wage at your club.
- Their Current Wage * 25 = Compensation Owed
- Hiring Cost (if Unemployed) - Current Manager Wage * 1.5 = Wage of New Manager

Release Clauses:
Say you bid £17.5m for PLAYER X and hit his release clause. If the other Chairman is fine with you paying that much for the player, it goes through as normal.

If the opposing chairman wishes to keep his player, you both privately submit to me your wage offer for that player. The chairman who submits the highest wage gets the player for that wage.

Renegotiating Contracts of Players:

AGE: Less than 21 - Current Contract * 2.1 = New Contract
AGE: 31 and higher - Current Contract * 1.3 = New Contract
Once again a big thankyou to Bornexplorer88 - check out the inspiration for this thread here - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-manager-stories/112786-bornexplorer88s-chairman-game-story.html

Remember, all posts by Chairman on this thread must be in character.

If you try to PM me and my inbox is full, please email your message to me - [email protected]

Last edited:
up need two more
Rayo Vallecano and Real Valladolid

Last edited:
All Chairman can announce there takeover bids

First off - I will be using the LFCMarshall's January Transfers, as of the 2nd of February.

Here is a copy of the save game file if you are interested in looking at the current available players as well as your balance. http://www.mediafire.com/?em0tzpj2kqy198p

I have loaded the following leagues:
- Liga BBVA
- Liga Adelante
- English Premier League
- Serie A
- Ligue 1
- Bundesliga
- All Basque Players

You may all now start discussing transfers between one another via PM, however remember your clubs transfer policy (eg Athletic Bilbao - Basque Only). Do not announce any agreed transfers (on the story thread) until you have PM's me and had me confirm first.

PLEASE NOTE - THE CHAIRMAN TRANSFER WINDOW WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 11:59PM GMT ON THURSDAY THE 14TH OF FEBRUARY - ANY BIDS RECEIVED AFTER THIS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.

Last edited:

View attachment 307949
BBC SPORT ANNOUNCE SEVILLA TAKEOVER!

BBC Sports are the first to announce the stunning news coming out of Spain. Sevilla, a club in the Liga BBVA, have had a takeover bid accepted by an international businessman known as Speedy McGeady.

McGeady is beleived to have paid upwards of £80m for the 100% ownership of the club, and is now looking towards helping lead this club to glory.

When asked what his first moves would be as owner, McGeady responded "I shall be looking to sign quite a few new players; players who are able to lead this club to the glory its fans deserve!"

Last edited:
View attachment 307947

New Chairman Takes Over at Granotes!

Alejandro Estrada an unknown entrepreneur takes over at Levante today, after a bid of what is thought to be around the 30-40 million mark. The takeover of the club fell into place quickly as the Spanish ex-owner Quico Catalan wanted out after losing taste in the game of football.

The new young chairman had this to say: "I am glad to be a part of this amazing set up at Levante. This is a truly amazing club with a lot of history. I promise to the fans and the club, you will all have my full support. I want to raise this club to new heights and challenge the top table clubs. I first plan to add some new young and fresh faces to the ranks. As for Juan Ignacio's position as manager, I do not want to change yet. I will hold a meeting with him soon and we will see how our plans contrast."

A transfer list is said to be released tonight and Estrada is also thought to dip into the market soon to get a head start. Look out for more info soon, on the transfers and changes in positions at the club.

QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING MANAGER SACKING, MANAGER HIRING AND RELEASE CLAUSES.

Manager Sacking - Sacking Cost = Current Manager Wage * Remaining Weeks on Contract * 0.8
Manager Hiring - Hiring Cost (if Employed) - Their Current Wage * 1.5 = Wage at your club.
- Their Current Wage * 25 = Compensation Owed
- Hiring Cost (if Unemployed) - Current Manager Wage * 1.5 = Wage of New Manager

Release Clauses:
Say you bid £17.5m for PLAYER X and hit his release clause. If the other Chairman is fine with you paying that much for the player, it goes through as normal.

If the opposing chairman wishes to keep his player, you both privately submit to me your wage offer for that player. The chairman who submits the highest wage gets the player for that wage.

Renegotiating Contracts of Players:

AGE: Less than 21 - Current Contract * 2.1 = New Contract
AGE: 31 and higher - Current Contract * 1.3 = New Contract

PM me with any questions. I shall add into OP.

View attachment 307952

José María Olazábal announces his venture into Football

View attachment 307953

Basque golfing legend, Olazabal has today announced his takeover bid of Athletic Bilbao.
Shortly into his press conference he let slip that he wanted to bring in a Basque Manager with a bigger profile and he hoped this would attract the bigger players to the club.

View attachment 307954
[h=1]Txiki Begiristain new Bilbao boss[/h]
After retiring from playing football he has worked as a director of football, notably at Barcelona from 2003 to 2010. He only recently took on his role as Director of Football at Manchester City F.C, but he clearly stated that the chance to manage was a big attraction and for that reason he is happy to announce that he has signed a 4 year deal with Athletic Bilbao.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_City_F.C.

View attachment 307983
András Borai will take Ramon Condal's seat at Los Periquitos

It was well known that Ramon Condal has reached a certain age when he couldn't handle the tempo of the modern football, so he decided to step aside. He retired at age 73 after many years of devouted work at his beloved club. He managed to get a new stadium for the club under his reign and made the platform of some succes in UEFA's cups. The Estadi Cornella-El Prat's constructing needed more effort than the club had so the smaller Catalan team managed to get longterm loans from the state and banks.

There are very few information about the new chairman. The 27 years old Hungarian businessman has degree in economics and made its fortune in the consulting sphere. Despite of the love for his childhood favorit Celtic and the amusement for the playing style of Barcelona he put his money into Espanyol. He already made his first press conference where he made it clear that his main goal is to solve Espanyol's financial problems and hopefully finish in the top half of the table. He has longterm goals at the club, this will mostly reflect in his transfer suggestions. There are rumours that he doesn't share the views with the current manager and this could cost Aguirre's job.

Last edited:
View attachment 308010

Getafe has announced that their old chairman has decided to sell the club to someone who will be announced in a moment...

The new chairman of Getafe is Nigel Thornberry!!!!!!!!! yay woo!
View attachment 308012
Nigel Thornberry is an explorer who went round with his family in a bus looking for animals to film. with all the money he has earnt from this he has decided to put it to good use, buy a football team of course.
"yes, i wanted to buy a football team and i thought why not Getafe. they are a smashing club and i can now learn to speak spanish, i have always wanted to learn spanish." said Nigel Thornberry at his press confrence.

"Adios, Gracias , tener un Beunos Dia.​

View attachment 308082

The new broom has made his first sweeps

As recently revealed, András Borai couldn't reach an agreement about the club's goals with Javier Aguirre, so their paths took separated ways. Aguirre didn't have the time to make an impact on Espanyol. The Mexican manager will get around 2,4M £ compensation. Despite the differences, they don't have any grudges between them and both of the parties wishing succes in the future for each other.

View attachment 308088

The Hungarian businessman probably made some negotiations before releasing Aguirre, because the club already named its next manager! Brian McClair will take Aguirre's job. McClair served Manchester United as the Head of the Youth Deparment from 2006. As the 48 years old Scottish boss stated, he has a little experience as a manager, but he has learnt so much under Sir Alex Fergusson's reign. McClair presented his ideas about the style he wants to settle at Espanyol. He will play mostly with 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 with wingers, so he wishes to reorganize the squad for this porpuse. He agreed with Borai to try to make some speedy attacking football to please the Los Periquitos supporters. McClair's new salary will be 13,5k £/week for 5 years and MU will get 225k £ as compensation. As it's rumoured the Scotsman will have around 10M £ transfer budget and mostly will strenght the defence from it.

View attachment 308119

The two new boss already made some agreements. Both of the parties felt that the club should offer new contracts to Cristian Alvarez and Rui Fonte. Both of them signed a 5 year long contract and Alvarez will earn 16k £/week, while Rui Fonte's new salary will be 14k £/week.

Borai stated that he is happy at the club, everything is just as fine as he expected. He welcomed all the other newcomer chairmans and made it clear that he has always time for discuss business with them and wishes good luck for the upcoming season. McClair and Borai also agreed that the club should be open for any negotations from other league bosses. All the players have their prices, but the club mostly wants reach player exchanges with some money. The Hungarian chairman stated that Hector Moreno is off the table he is irreplaceble for the club.

Last edited:
images

THE LEGEND RETURNS

In a move welcomed by the fans and everyone related to Deportivo la coruna, club icon Mauro Silva has returned to the club, this time as the chairman.

destaque-160300-mauro-silva.jpg
I​

In a recently released press statement, Silva confirmed the news and promised the Depor fans that he is confident that his new term at the club would be as successful as his previous term, maybe even more.

The Deportivo fans has widely supported this development and promised Silva that he would get unconditional support from them.

However, Silva refused to comment if when asked if current manager Jose Luis Oltra would be the man he believes to lead the team.

When asked if he believes Deportivo can once again win La Liga in near future he replied with that familiar cheeky smile.

Sevilla Announce Transfer Intentions:

Sevilla have announced that they are willing to consider offers for the following players (all players are considered first team or rotation players so offers must be good)
- Hedwiges Maduro
- Jose Antonio Reyes
- Baba
- Javi Hervas
- Piotr Trochowski
- Coke
- Andres Palop
- Julian
- Cicinho
- Emir Spahic
- Fernando Navarro

Sevilla are also looking to loan out several of their youngsters, including:
- Jose Campana
- Geoffrey Kondogbia
- Kike
- Antonio Cotan
- Jonathan Mendenez

Sevilla's chairman Speedy McGeady has actively encouraged all Liga BBVA chairman to have a look at his squad, especially the aforementioned players, as he is more than will to complete some transfer deals.

McGeady has also mentioned to "keep your dirty hands off" if you are considering making a bid for Jesus Navas, Alvaro Negredo, Diego Perotti and Gary Medel. The only way McGeady would even consider a bid for these players is if it was something absolutely ridiculously massive!

Sevilla is also asking for anyone who is looking to sell players in the goalkeeping and defensive positions to come forward as McGeady is looking to reinforce those areas.

Last edited:
Estrada releases Transfer list

View attachment 308163
Today Alejandro Estrada releases his the details on who is transfer listed at the club. Following the recent termination of Massimo Volta's loan. Volta's loan was cut short by the new chairman which caught many people off guard even Volta's club Sampdoria. Estrada had this to say: "I do not know why we had Volta on loan. He doesn't offer anything to the club." harsh but true.

Transfer List for Levante:
- Angel
- Dariusz Dudka
- Christian Lell
- Obafemi Martins
- Loukas Vyntra

Estrada has told the media that he has an initial price he wants for them but, is going to wait to see what others have to offer before releasing his price.

Loans:
- Ivan

Some of these transfer lists may change and have additions and people taken away but, for now this is it.

View attachment 308171

New man at the top for At Madrid
News that may come as music to the fans is that former owners Miguel Ángel Gil Marín and Jesus Gil who have been subject to some contraversy over the years have decided to step down and allow a new man to take over and own the club.

Nathan Walker will be that man after he had a bid accepted by the former owners for an unnamed amount. Walker is an English man who many will not have heard of in these areas of Madrid. He came about his fortunes as a Lottery winner a few years back and this is the first thing we have seen of him since.

When questioned he had this to say.
"Ever since my lottery win in 2010 I have been waiting for the oppertunity to buy a football club, as a lifelong fan of football when I heard that At Madrid might be up for sale I had to jump at the chance they are a great club with a brilliant past and hopefully with me in charge an even better future."

View attachment 308187
H.Smith announces the takeover of Rayo
H. Smith is a self made millionaire who made his money through the sport shop industry and investments in smaller football clubs, but now he has taken over recent Liga BBVA arrivals of Rayo Vallecano.
He today announces that he aims to look at a complete overhaul at the club starting with the staff and then the players. He will also try and make the club a constant force within LiGA bbva and also balance the books signing young players who will develop into future stars in Spain. CAN HE HANDLE RAYO?

View attachment 308193
Sky Sports News announced today the takeover of Real Valladolid was complete!

Lewis Devlin, The new Chairman of the club today released a statement which read:

"Today is a new era for Valladolid, from now on, i and my team will put in 100% in making this club one of the best teams in Europe both financially and physically. We will strive for greatness, only putting the clubs needs first. I am very happy to be at such a brilliant club and hope this is the start of a great era for Real Valladolid FC."

it is believed Devlin will pump a massive 4.6 million euros into the Valladolid transfer budget. which raises the question, Who are they possibly considering to buy? and what is happening with staff at the club?

more on this follows...

View attachment 308194

View attachment 308195

First Buisness Of New Era

The first piece of buisness we see coming from the At Madrid camp after Nathan Walker took over is that of Emiliano Insua's sale to Sevilla. In a deal that sees the Argentine leave the club for a division rival a fee of £4m is involved. Fans may not be happy with the sale to a team that will likely be fighting for the best of the rest places after Barcelona and Real Madrid but Walker said that a fee of £4m was "too good to refuse as he was only a backup player to my first choice LB of Filipe"

Could this be the first of many leaving the club as Walker looks to shake up the squad to challenge for glory? Only time will tell.

View attachment 308194

View attachment 308195

First Buisness Of New Era

The first piece of buisness we see coming from the At Madrid camp after Nathan Walker took over is that of Emiliano Insua's sale to Sevilla. In a deal that sees the Argentine leave the club for a division rival a fee of £4m is involved. Fans may not be happy with the sale to a team that will likely be fighting for the best of the rest places after Barcelona and Real Madrid but Walker said that a fee of £4m was "too good to refuse as he was only a backup player to my first choice LB of Filipe"

Could this be the first of many leaving the club as Walker looks to shake up the squad to challenge for glory? Only time will tell.

Dislike lol