Scholes extends Man Utd contract

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 3K
i feel fergie thinks he owes players like this i.e scholes,giggs,neville contracts they cant keep up with the pace and physical presence of the premiership anymore.

Scholes and Giggs have been decent, and probably deserved their contracts. However I agree with your statement when it comes to owing the player. He made him captain and then he's been injury prone ever since. Scholes and Giggs will probably be bit part next season and probably retire, and I think Neville should retire this season, but he'll probably leave at the same time they do.

im glad you kinda agree. look i would never slate the players i mentioned because they have possibly been some of the best players to grace the premiership.

You can't slate them, they are probably 3 of the best players in the Premier League's history. But Neville is probably passed it now, and IMO shouldn't have received a new contract. Scholes has been good this season considering his age, and probably has about half a season left in him so he'll be bit part next year. Giggs is 10343 and still going strong and getting ratings. He's a phenomenal player, but recently he's looked tired a lot and he's probably in the same boat as Scholes.

Oh dear, retire at the top of your game Scholes please.

I am expecting van der Saar to sign a 1 year contract with United.

Whats with all the scholes hate, blah, He is still good enough so let him continue.

Whats with all the scholes hate, blah, He is still good enough so let him continue.
Nobody is 'hating' him, just I think people would rather see him retire now rather than later when he's forced to because he'll never play.

Plus I'd expect he might be a coach or something if he retires now, so better to retire while SAF is still around to become a coach.

He is way past his best, Scott. The reason he is offered a new contract is because of his past endeavours rather than his current ability.

hes in the process of signing one.
to be honest scholes giggs and neville will be bit part players, but they will provide a lot of experience, and they will likely follow solskjaer into coaching

Man U should get an A.C. Milan styled clinic so they can prolong their players' carreers.

No he hasn't, from what I know he said he will retire at the End of the Season.

He has signed a new contract.. he signed it after he returned from his leave of absence when his wife was ill, and he said he was signing because of the support the club showed him during that difficult point in his life/career

even if the likes of Giggs, Neville and Scholes sign new contracts, its not exactly going to hinder united.. not many have the awareness of passing that giggs and scholes possess, Neville isn't doing as well but he's had a few long term injuries and still has given his all when he has played. I can see them mentoring their successors

Giggs - Tosic (I think he'll be a good united player)
Neville - Rafael (I'm SURE he will become a world class player)
Scholes - Gibson (perhaps Scholes can make him actually hit the target at least twice a match)

Nobody is 'hating' him, just I think people would rather see him retire now rather than later when he's forced to because he'll never play.

Plus I'd expect he might be a coach or something if he retires now, so better to retire while SAF is still around to become a coach.

He has no doubt spoke to SAF about his chances next season, and been reassured he will play next season. He will retire when he wont be playing, but at the moment he is good enough too play for utd, so play for utd he will.

He is way past his best, Scott. The reason he is offered a new contract is because of his past endeavours rather than his current ability.

Same as above, although he is past his best, he is still good enought to be a part of utds squad. It was only 12 months ago., Don fabio asked him to come out of international retirement, so he is still fit enough, good enough and got the drive to continue.

Back