Scott Parker: From Player to Manager

• Thread starter Thread starter ZeCarlos
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 121
  • Views Views 32K
Great story so far! What tactic are you using? And did you change the reputation when making Scott Parker as a manager?

As a Spurs fan I absolutely love Parker, class player and looks like a class manager too! ;)

I'm using a 4-2-2-2 with wingers.

Regarding the reputation, I set it as International Footballer - I know he hasn't been an England regular throughout his career but I thought because of the key role he played in the Euro 2012 squad he probably deserves it.

Yep, I love him too, awesome player. Glad you're enjoying mate, keep checking back!

View attachment 459102
August 2014
Swindon Town sack Parker

View attachment 459099
Swindon Town have announced the dismissal of former England international Scott Parker from the post of first-team manager. The club currently sit in 13th position in the Sky Bet Championship having picked up 6 points from the first 5 games.

The 33-year-old led the team out of the Sky Bet League One last season as they beat Sheffield United in the play-off final. After losing the first game of the season, against league leaders Blackpool, form improved and wins against Brighton and Hove Albion in the league and Birmingham City in the cup were followed by a draw at home to Aston Villa - relegated from the Barclays Premier League last season. However, Swindon chairman Jed McCrory decided straight after the Aston Villa draw that he would take the decision to fire Scott Parker from his position

The former West Ham United midfielder took over the club in December of last year as they sat in 20th position. An incredible time in charge saw Parker lead Swindon to 5th position and therefore a play-off position. In the semi-finals, they beat Preston North End 4-3 on aggregate and went on to beat Sheffield United 3-1 in the final. After signing 19 players in the summer, Parker was widely criticised in the media. However, his side responded positively as they lost just once in 6 games whilst also progressing to the 3rd round of the Capital One Cup thanks to wins against Southend United and Birmingham City.

It's unknown why Parker has been dismissed from his position as chairman McCrory offered no explanation to angered fans. Instead, he released a statement which said a successor would be swiftly appointed and he looked forward to seeing a new man in charge at the County Ground. Swindon Town fans led a protest earlier outside the stadium, demanding an explanation, although chairman McCrory failed to show his face whilst Parker released a brief statement thanking the fans for the support he has received whilst at the club and said he will give an explanation "in time."

Sky Bet Championship Table

View attachment 459097

harsh as **** sacking there.

Yep, couldn't believe it - I was so angry!

I'm just going to have to work it into the storyline now once I have another job, hopefully it just allows me to progress elsewhere and not hit my reputation too much.

Hope you come up with a team and relegate them and send them into admin or along those lines...

My GOD.... What was the board thinking?! 19 new players need some time to gel...but not as soon as 5 games which only lose just ONCE!! VERY DISAPPOINTED T.T

Big mistake from Swindon here, Hope you get another Championship team and beat them along the way!
Keep it up!

Hope you come up with a team and relegate them and send them into admin or along those lines...

what ??? after 5 games aswell !!!

Sacked what was they thinking :o

My GOD.... What was the board thinking?! 19 new players need some time to gel...but not as soon as 5 games which only lose just ONCE!! VERY DISAPPOINTED T.T

Big mistake from Swindon here, Hope you get another Championship team and beat them along the way!
Keep it up!

Cheers for your support!

I'm playing the game now and an interesting job has just become available so I've applied and am favourite... keep an eye out;)

View attachment 459003
October 2014
Crystal Palace appoint Parker

View attachment 459001

Barclays Premier League side Crystal Palace have announced the appointment of Scott Parker as first-team manager. Former manager Ian Holloway left the club last week after being beaten 6-0 at Anfield by their hosts Liverpool - leaving the Eagles in 18th position in the Premier League.

33-year-old Parker, who celebrates his birthday in two days time, was dismissed by Sky Bet Championship side Swindon Town at the end of August and has been without a job since. Having led the club to promotion last season via the play-offs, Parker was dismissed when his side were sitting in a comfortable 13th position with 6 points from the opening 5 games. Swindon chairman Jed McCrory has still failed to offer any explanation - despite Robins fans demonstrating outside the County Ground and during matches since Parker's departure. Oscar Garcia, the former Brighton and Hove Albion manager, took charge at the County Ground following Parker's dismissal and currently has the team in 13th - the same position Parker left it - having earned just 6 points since taking charge.

Ian Holloway left Selhurst Park last week leaving the club with just 5 points from 7 games. In the summer, he spent 11,250,000 pounds on players - including a 6,500,000 pound deal for left-back Ricardo Rodriguez after finishing in a surprisingly high position of 12th last year. However, having just picked up one win so far this season - a 2-0 home win against Everton - Holloway left the club my mutual consent. Now, Parker has been tasked with leading the club to Barclays Premier League safety and his first game will be at home to 3rd placed Arsenal.

Upon the announcement, Parker released this statement via his agent: "I'm very honoured to have been chosen by Steve Parish. I know there was a lot of interest in the job from managers who have a lot of experience in comparison with myself. While some will question my credentials because of my lack of managerial experience at top-flight football, I want to reassure the Crystal Palace I will give 110% to this club as we try and reach safety together. I've been given a healthy transfer budget for January and will look to evaluate my squad before then to ensure we have the best possible starting eleven on the pitch week in, week out. I will speak to the press in due course and look forward to my first game against Arsenal."

Barclays Premier League Table

View attachment 458998

Nice step in your story! Hope you get out of the relegation zone, mate

View attachment 458992
October 2014
Unbeaten at Selhurst

View attachment 458991
Barclays Premier League | Selhurst Park
Saturday 18th October 2014
Crystal Palace 2-2 Arsenal
(Marouane Chamakh, Jermaine Pennant)

Barclays Premier League | Selhurst Park
Saturday 25th October 2014
Crystal Palace 2-0 Hull City
(Yannick Bolasie, Adrian Mariappa)

Review

Scott Parker had a fantastic start to his career at Selhurst Park as his side picked up 4 points out of 6. An outstanding performance against Arsenal saw the Palace players work their socks off and earn a point for their troubles before Hull City visited Selhurst Park and were on the wrong end of a 2-0 scoreline. Yannick Bolasie, one of the scorers against Hull, has apparently been a particular interest of Parker's in his first two games in charge and will look to experiment with the young winger.

Barclays Premier League Table

View attachment 458989

Back