Scottish Referees to go on Strike

So you agree that they should disrespect our nations war dead that is a new low
he is not saying that, it should never been allowed and they will be dealt with. We have fans from a range of different nationalites i dont agree with what happened at parkhead but it happened. If you really want to go off topic lets talk about manchester/

He Lied and let someone else take the flak. If that was any other job in life you would be sacked for one ******* up as bad as he did and then blaming it on someone else. The guy has made his own bed as far as i am concerned and has to deal with it.

This makes no sense, He has made his bed and has to deal with it?
Deal with what?
Don't you mean lie in it?

I'm not saying Mcdonald shouldn't have been reprimanded, but the whole

" Everyones pyoor agaynst us and a'rat " thing is quite frankly embarrasing and laughable. Every team gets decisions against them, you might actual win something if you look at whats wrong with your team, and not blame everyone else (K)
I dont think lennon was right in saying that we should have left it at the McDonald saga. The ref gave a free kick yesterday the gave united the goal for example and wasnt but did we blame the ref.................................. no

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

This makes no sense, He has made his bed and has to deal with it?
Deal with what?
Don't you mean lie in it?
if you know what i meant why did you ask

I dont think lennon was right in saying that we should have left it at the McDonald saga. The ref gave a free kick yesterday for example and wasnt but did we blame the ref.................................. no

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------[/COLOR]

if you know what i meant why did you ask

Well let me ask you, do you think there is an agenda against Celtic ? :)

why has this turned into another argument about which Old Firm team is worse? At the end of the day I totally agree with questioning why McDonald is still has a job but I don't think it should of been Celtic, Rangers or any other team in Scotland asking those type of questions. Plus how would you feel if someone that wasn't your boss started publically talking about your ability to do your job?

Sorry if you find this offensive, it's not meant to be, it's meant to be banter. I will remove if anyone finds offence. Anyway, found it on a fan page and thought it was funny...

33666_10150109150698368_594098367_7485351_6651619_n.jpg

why has this turned into another argument about which Old Firm team is worse? At the end of the day I totally agree with questioning why McDonald is still has a job but I don't think it should of been Celtic, Rangers or any other team in Scotland asking those type of questions. Plus how would you feel if someone that wasn't your boss started publically talking about your ability to do your job?
i agree with you partly celtic had a right to complain about the whole mcdonald saga but it should never been discused publicy in the media.

I'm not entirely sure how Celtic saying they are being conspired against is laughable, it has happened it the past. I do believe it was a penalty, because Gary Kenneth impeded Hooper just before Pernis got the ball, which he did.

I'm not entirely sure that there is an actual conspiracy against Celtic currently, but a lot of people do and I think it's only fair that they have their points of view considered, rather than shot down.

McDonald shouldn't be in a job right now, we have a right to be told the truth and he lied, which isn't just unprofessional and morally wrong, but being a referee in a country beinjg ripped apart in a Sectarian war, he should know better.

And please, let's not turn this into poppies and ripping up Manchester and Protestants and Catholics. It has no place in football and is the reason why no neutrals in Scotland or the rest of the UK respect Old Firm fans. Let's at least try to keep it civil.

It's times like this i thank people like Shay Given, for his ability to banter about footy and not take it all serious :p

It was the fact that the ref lied in his match report

The ref gave a penalty but realised he'd got it wrong and changed his decision but lied about WHY he changed his decision. The whole argument is about the lie not the fact that the Bhoys weren't given the penalty.

If the ref had had the balls to man-up and admit he'd made and rectified his own mistake there wouldn't have been all of this palaver.

Last edited:
lennon and reid called for mcdonald to resign or be sacked as he told lies and blamed his assistant and is in general a ****.lennon also said that refs are agains celtic

It was Hooper who said the refs have something against the club not Lennon.

It wouldn't have been a problem if Gers didn't dive and play dirty(6)

Celtic have had a lot of decisions go against them, and often quite high profile ones (dive last game, a few stonewall penalties turned down last year). The Dundee United refereeing stuff is silly, it wasn't a penalty (keeper gets the ball first), but it's the lying that brings the game into disrepute. If managers and players can be fined/suspended, why not refs? Imho, it just shows how much we need video refereeing, and possible post-match corrections (cards). It would take a lot of pressure off the refs.

Last edited:
rather than make a new thread, Sky sports have just said that McDonald will not be sacked and also they will monitor his future reports well done SFA where did you learn how to discipline someone. No wonder we all think the SFA are a bunch of *****. They are pretty much saying well ok you did lie and it caused the whole issue with celtic complaining and the referees and then assuming every referee is the same as dougie mcDonald but thats ok becasue you are a referee and you can lie about decions.

Look, as a Celtic fan, I just have this to say; Lennon needs to man up. So what if we've had some bad decisions, all clubs do. I get ****** about the decisions same as the next fan but at the end of the day, it's in the past. No need for a ref to be sacked, regardless of whether he lied in the report or not. Whatever the reason, he decided not to give the penalty and that's OK. The way that Scottish football has been slandered recently, we don't need this kind of "corruption" really. If anything, we need to actually show why we have a half decent league.

Also, I lol'd at the pictures camawan posted. XD

Look, as a Celtic fan, I just have this to say; Lennon needs to man up. So what if we've had some bad decisions, all clubs do. I get ****** about the decisions same as the next fan but at the end of the day, it's in the past. No need for a ref to be sacked, regardless of whether he lied in the report or not. Whatever the reason, he decided not to give the penalty and that's OK. The way that Scottish football has been slandered recently, we don't need this kind of "corruption" really. If anything, we need to actually show why we have a half decent league.

Also, I lol'd at the pictures camawan posted. XD
Well you are entitled to your opinon. But he should have been sacked as he ****** up royaly. If after the game he admited he ****** up then this would not have went as far as it did. Instead he tells lies. If i ****** up as bad as he did in my job and blammed my coworker i would be sacked if they eventually found out i was lieing. It was never a penalty it not that we are complaing about that its about the fact he lied about the decision he made. Also just a wee seconadary note on Sunday the Scottish Referees were put through there paces but Dallas and Flemming and out of the 31 do you know how many passed the refereeing test ? 2..... So to me that sounds like they are not upto the job. I am not saying sacking them but i am questioning why only 2 passed the test.

---------- Post added at 05:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 AM ----------

If any of you lot are in doubt of the standard of our referees watch the real madrid match Crig Thomson you are a a complete tool. Really needs to look through the rules lol as no where does it state you can get booked for timewasting and what difference would it make in the 87th minute of a match that is allready won lol. Well done you have just made a complete idiot of your self in a differennt country now haha.

Are people forgetting that Football is, at the end of the day, a Game. It is simply a form of entertainment. While i can appreciate that managers, players, Match officials and all involved in the respective FA's have a responsibility to uphold the integrity of the sport to do their job well and act in good faith. But at the end of the day, mistakes happen! Its a fact of life.

If we were going to fire someone for making a mistake, how many players should get the sack for missing a cup final penalty? Or getting sent off in a derby and the opposition score the winner form the resulting free kick? match officials make mistakes, they are only human. So the proud fans of Scotland's two most successful clubs should lead by example and treat their match official's with the dignity the game deserves.

---------- Post added at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

If any of you lot are in doubt of the standard of our referees watch the real madrid match Crig Thomson you are a a complete tool. Really needs to look through the rules lol as no where does it state you can get booked for timewasting and what difference would it make in the 87th minute of a match that is allready won lol. Well done you have just made a complete idiot of your self in a differennt country now haha.

www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2010_11_e.pdf

LAW 12 – FOULS AND MISCONDUCT (page 34)
Cautionable offences
A player is cautioned and shown the yellow card if he commits any of the
following seven offences:
• unsporting behaviour
• dissent by word or action
• persistent infringement of the Laws of the Game
• delaying the restart of play
• failure to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner
kick, free kick or throw-in
• entering or re-entering the field of play without the referee’s permission
• deliberately leaving the field of play without the referee’s permission

Last edited:
Thats a nice look up at google there bud props. Anyway comon sense shoudl previal in that situation 4 nil up and there is no way back a second yellow for waisting time is shocking. In regards to your first statement you cannot compare missing a cup final penalty to lieing and knowing that your are lieing to not only the fans, the clubs, managers , SFA, SPL and most importantly your self. The guy should have been sacked for lieing i have nothing against the decsion he got the decions correct is just the way he dealt with the aftermath.

I'm a Rangers fan needless to say. I don't think we can blame Celtic for the referees going on strike.
Fair enough Neil Lennon made some stupid remarks especially after Celtic were beaten by Hearts :mad:, he should've reacted the way Walter Smith did by congratulating the winning team (A). Peter Lawell and Dr Reid should've also shut up but these people are individuals not Celtic.
Also Marc McGhee has made noteable comments about our refs aswell as Jim Jeffries and the Hamilton manager (Billy forget his second name).

I think we all need to remember that we benefit from tv where as the referees need to make a desicion as soon as it happens. Nobody can tell me that in the same situation they'd get it right all the time. :S