SebastianRO

Reaction score
Hi mates, FM 2011 is now launched for some time and I had to make a succesful tactic for this game's edition too, like I did last year. Some of you may remind that 4-1-4-1 (AC Milan) with 4 AM. However, I started as Man UTD and I tried to combine some of my older tactics, but none of the combinations worked as I would have liked. I read lots of your tactical discussions and I decided to create a new one, a 4-4-2 (never been a fan of this kind of tactic).

For this tactic to work, you need:

1. 2 x CB's with good Agility and Passing (and of course the other CB's classic requirements)
2. A good Ball Winning Midfielder with high Work Rate/ Teamwork and Passing(tall+strong)
3. A tireless Box-To-Box Miedfielder with good Long Shots and very good Aerobics.
4. 2xWingers with high Techique+Dribling+Speed and Pace
5. A Complete Forward
6. A classic Poacher

Other Requirements and Suggestions:

1. I always start and run the games with Attacking Mentality
2. When I use shouts (rarely) I use Exploit the Flanks + (Play Winde r/ Play Narrower)
3. If you want to transfer a player for one of this roles/possitions DO NOT OVERSEE the physical attributes, as they are very important.
4. Key Players - CB's - MC's and AM's
5. I personally handle Match Preparation and set the Reserver Team to use my tactic and do that for Youth Team Too. I always like to build for the future.

Conclusions

With this tactic you will score many goals and if you have good quick CB's you may not concede many games in a row.
It is a tactic designed for a quick passing game with high tempo and direct passing that will kneel any opponent in the world in a good day (if you are at least a decent team)
Without you I couldn't create this tactic, thank you for all your support and wish you best results in your career. May Devil <=== be with'ya (6)

P.S I use opposition instructions in the following manner:

DL/DR - Show on weeker foot
ML/MR - AML/AMR - Show on weeker foot " Tacking Hard + Closing Down
ST - Tight Marking (only if their ST is very good) If their ST is very fast I will not use Tight Marking, so I will lower my defensive line a bit.
I neutralize their playmaker with all the opposition instructions available (Tackling Hard, Closing Down, Weeker Foot and Tight Marking)

Pitch size: as larger and as longest you can.

I uploaded here IanC's training schedule, as I think that was a key factor for all this performance. In my opinion, his training schedules are the best. Hope he won't mind this :)

If you try this tactic, let me know how it worked for you. Feedback is appreciated.

Sorry for my eventual grammar and spelling mistakes, I am Romanian

You can set your Complete Forward with Support Duty, for more Creativity in the final third.

Last edited:
good title
even better tactics
did u try it out with any other team them Mancherster united??

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

What is Ol ?

opposition instruction

I play one game with this tactic against man utd away from home. I´m man city. Win 7-1.

DL/DR - Show on weeker foot
ML/MR - AML/AMR - Show on weeker foot " Tacking Hard + Closing Down
ST - Tight Marking (only if their ST is very good) If their ST is very fast I will not use Tight Marking, so I will lower my defensive line a bit.
I neutralize their playmaker with all the opposition instructions available (Tackling Hard, Closing Down, Weeker Foot and Tight Marking)

Last edited:
Pitch size?
Match preparation is team blend all season?

Try it mate, I am confident it will do just fine, at least I hope it does :D

@adnarim

No, not all the season. In the preseason I use Attacking Movement (2wks) - Defensive Positioning (2wks) ... etc with High/Average Workload.
During the season I use match preparation with Low/Average Workload after all my bars all full. I use Ian'C training schedules wich are the best in my oppinion.

Last edited:
Just beat Liverpool 2-1 as Coventry in a friendly, and both sides used their best teams. Looks like a good tactic so far but will need to use it in a few more games :)

During the season you use Attacking Movement and Defensive Positioning or team blend?
And Pitch Size?

In the preseason I use Attacking Movement (2wks) - Defensive Positioning (2wks) ... etc with High/Average Workload.
During the season I use match preparation with Low/Average Workload after all my bars all full

If my next opponent is a strong one, I use High Worklod on the area that requires most of attention.

Last edited:
very nice OP, will test it out later on :)