Status
Not open for further replies.
i want be a lawyer now. do you do this stuff like everyday? because i remember i went to a court room for an excursion for school and all that was happening was "we plead Guilty blah blah ok next please." repeat. anyway i do agree with what you are saying and i do sometimes want to play the older patches but can't.

i would much rather play the old patch, so much more fun, but theres nothing you can do. :(

@JordanYeah lawyers can boardly be divided into two sub categories. Litigation Lawyers and Corporate Lawyers. This is by no means to state that these are the only two sub categories. There are many more. But broadly these are the two major ones.

In the litigation side you go to courts and do the boring I plead not guilty stuff. Corporate lawyers are the more "evil" ones who pull out flaws and arguments from thin air and that side is exciting as ****. Not that Litigation at times isn't, but for the most part it is boring.

So yeah if u wanna have fun then be a corporate lawyer.

@ Scotty98TR Umm no, steam never "asked" me. The game comes with it set to auto-update preset. So there is no concept of "asking". If I am a new used (which I am FM being the first even steam game I am playing), and not familiar with Steam I do not even know that there is an update feature, I never gave any consent to upgrade.

If there was a pop or something or a "must respond" question, then yes I would have consented to an upgrade. Furthermore, steam or sega never told me that an upgrade would mean I could never again play the game I purchased. An upgrade means the original, which I purchased after testing it (demo) would be lost forever, is nowhere stated. You cannot offer me an upgrade and then not even let me revert to the old version should I not like the new version.

Nonetheless you could easily have changed it, and when you create a steam account for the first time it goes through the preferences and that is an option there....

@Scotty98TR Whether I would have or could have changed it or not also depends on whether I thought I was important or not. At no point during the downloading the update or at any point before installing, was I informed that should I once update I will NEVER be able to revert back to the original. Was this information ever given to me. **** NO !! On the one hand you are forcing an update on me, but never even telling me its implications, and then conveniently hiding the off auto update feature somewhere in the software, that a new user is never going to know. Even if I did know where it was why should I turn it off unless I know the implication of updating.

Steam/Sega never informed me that should I go ahead with the update the game version I purchased would be lost forever and whether I still wanted to go ahead with the update. This info is not available anywhere as far as I know. Sure the old users may know, but then again FM 13 is not meant for exclusive purchase by those who have also played FM12 or FM11 is it? I mean I as a new user have no idea that updating has such irreversible implications, and what is worst is that before installing the update or prior to installation I was never even informed of the implications by Steam/Sega. So without providing me the full details, of the implications of updating, you cannot then go ahead and force me to accept the game I purchased being taken away from me and being replaced with a nonsensical version that gives 5 - 5 draws, as often as the sun rises in the east.

SI/steam/sega do this to improve your game in the long run. If you allow them to use old updates, some people won't know what they're on and can leave the dev team chasing bugs that they've already ironed out. You've signed or agreed to legally binding agreements that allow this, so you've got no power and this rant on here won't work. I'm not even sure SI check fm-base, they check their own forums.

This is the most amusing thing I've read all day, thanks.
You have no case, nothing would come from this if you did decide to pursue it other than you getting left with some nice financial costs.

@gogogo golem I do understand that SI do not check this forum, and I am in touch with SI ppl and as things stand the point is being considered by their legal team. I disagree totally with regard to the point that I have entered into a binding contract that allows sega to simple rob me of the version I have purchased. As I said, I am in touch with Sega and the query is with their legal team and I am awaiting their reply.

The purpose was to merely bring this to the notice of other bona fide users, that I am having this issue and to see whether there is anyone else who has similar issues. From the discussions above, it is clear that there are a few who get what I am trying to say, and may even want to play the earlier versions but just that they do not take it as seriously as I do (which is one of the benefits of not being a lawyer :)

At any rate the point is to seek a solution and not to create an issue. The "eye catching" nature of this thread heading was done merely to get more people to respond. The more the number of responses the more likely for someone to have a solution. I did try posting this with normal headings, but there were no responses. So yeah I had to sensationalise the heading. It did get more responses but as yet no solution.

@TJD07 you mean I could lose more than the 40USDs Sega have already robbed me of !!!

@TJD07 you mean I could lose more than the 40USDs Sega have already robbed me of !!!

You've been robbed of nothing, you failed to read the T&C and as a result you're making a deal out of something which will ultimately come to nothing. I think you need to stop watching suits.

There isn't a solution, it doesn't even need a solution, there is no way to satisfy this one customer (you) for them (I'm not SI) while keep the time management of developing and fixing of the game relatively efficient. It isn't a scam and you've wasted the time of their legal team. TJD07 is completely right.

@TDJ07 I need to stop watching suits, or maybe I need to stop being a lawyer.

@gogogo golem Dear friend if you were a lawyer you would understand that one consumer having an issue with the product is not different from one million users having an issue with the product. I do wish Sports Interactive would come back to me with a reply like that - You are just one customer and we cannot be arsed to care about whether you are happy with the product or not. Secondly stop talking like I have already taken them to court or something. Even if I did take them to court, I am a well to do lawyer with Linklaters, one of England top Law Firms. i can assure you the costs to me would be almost nothing. Were I to win, then the costs for Sports Interactive would be worth talking about.

Having said that, I have not sued them, nor do I intend to sue them, or anything even remotely like that. Just trying to find a solution to a problem.

You aren't a lawyer and if you think you have a case with this, you never will be.

Sure believe what you want what do I care. The issue is you have no solution to offer, so yeah thx for nothing.

Sure believe what you want what do I care. The issue is you have no solution to offer, so yeah thx for nothing.
You want a solution? Simple, roll back your computer to a date before the game was updated, turn off autoupdate before it updates the game.
Can and probably will cause issues with the game but if you really do wish to go back to an older update that's how.

what a load of **** and a waste of a thread!!

fail_thread-s512x447-151098.jpg

Im glad im not the only one who thinks this. Fail central this thread.

SI can choose to patch the game if they like. Its their creation, so they can do with it as they please. You have paid for the game, and you should expect at least 3 patches to come with the game.

You have been told how to stop it updating, so this thread is now irrelevant.

/thread

Last edited:
Common sense says, a million is a lot more than one. Especially when that one has agreed to a legally binding agreement that says they're perfectly happy with this happening. I'm saying what I'm seeing and trying to tell you that you have no power and it's just an extremely minor injustice that should help everyone in the end. I am perfectly happy with this product and if I see something not right or I think is wrong, I report it to SI's bug forum with evidence. If something is wrong it gets sorted, so you can help get the product better and end up with no desire to go back to an old patch.

However, iamauser's response sums up my points pretty accurately. Also, did you just say you're a lawyer?

Last edited:
Now that I could give a go to and is something I would call a suggestion worth trying. So thx

Status
Not open for further replies.