Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that why I said If u were a lawyer you would understand. Common Sense and Law are not one and the same thing. But Wahts the point I suppose I can expect more responses on how I am not a lawyer. So yeah whatever

I think the number one thing you have to realise about this site is that no matter what you say someone will say its bollocks, if i said the sky was blue i would have 20 odd people on here saying it wasnt, most people on the internet just want to argue, most are probably not fussed either way about your situation.

Yeah that why I said If u were a lawyer you would understand. Common Sense and Law are not one and the same thing. But Wahts the point I suppose I can expect more responses on how I am not a lawyer. So yeah whatever
If you can explain to me how I'm wrong and it makes perfect sense, I'd withdraw all my points. Actually, if as a lawyer you have some kind of case, you may want to put it up at SI. One of the regular posters is a lawyer, so us non-lawyers may be able to see who's right.

Last edited:
iamauser That is nonsense. SI cannot do what they want with a game I have purchased. Suppose you buy apples from me and then I poison them. When u object I merely say, well there are my apples I can do with them as I please. I cannot believe that ignorant consumers like you exist in this day and age. Ah well.

@Jayesh my reply got 3 likes ?, i see no waste whats so ever, other people felt the same as me as this is a waste of a thread so whatever Mr Lawyer.

Im going to like this quote as i see they mean a lot to you :p

iamauser That is nonsense. SI cannot do what they want with a game I have purchased. Suppose you buy apples from me and then I poison them. When u object I merely say, well there are my apples I can do with them as I please. I cannot believe that ignorant consumers like you exist in this day and age. Ah well.

Well, the can, and they have. Simple.

What are you going to say if this went to court? "The big mean old SI updated their game and I dont like it waah!"

Surprised this thread hasnt been closed yet.

Mods?

So you expect SI to ignore EVERYONES complaints about when it first came out due to bugs and breakages which ruined it for a lot of people. And not fix it to make it more playable?

Just a ridiculous thing to say. They are paid to resolve issues so other people can enjoy the game a lot more-and it is a lot more enjoyable. So enough tosh. If you want to play a broken game go ahead. Just don't complain when you do.

Sure I should just write down one semesters learning in one post.

Just try and wrap your head around this example. Suppose I manufactore tea pots. and I sell it to one million people. Of which ONE feels it is not upto scratch. That ONE person comes to me and says you just robbed me. I cannot then turn around and say, oh wait 999,999 people are happy with it, so what you feel is irrelevant.

Majority wins. Its not a friggin' election. Each product must be judged on its own, and the fact that it is one defective peice among 1 million means nothing.

What? We're not saying that, we're saying it's for the good of SI, the game and most of its customers. As well as the fact that you've agreed they can do that and it isn't a trick that is harmful or damaging to anyone in any way, unlike your apples example.

@ajt09 Toatlly misunderstood the point. Who said Sports INteractive should not make updates or fix problems. Just don't force a fix on me, that I do not want in the first place. Lets those who want download it an install it. Secondly atleast friggin' bother to tell me that the update process is irreversible and if I download an update I cannot EVER play the original game again.

From steams T&C. Guessing this applies to games too?

Steam and your Subscription(s) require the automatic download and installation of Software onto your computer. Valve hereby grants, and you accept, a limited, terminable, non-exclusive license and right to use the Software for your personal use in accordance with this Agreement, including the Subscription Terms. The Software is licensed, not sold. Your license confers no title or ownership in the Software. To make use of the Software, you must have a Steam Account and you may be required to be running the Steam client and maintaining a connection to the Internet.
You understand that for reasons that include, without limitation, system security, stability, and multiplayer interoperability, Steam may need to automatically update, pre-load, create new versions of or otherwise enhance the Software and accordingly, the system requirements to use the Software may change over time. You understand that this Agreement (including applicable Subscription Terms) do not entitle you to future updates, new versions or other enhancements of the Software associated with a particular Subscription, although Valve may choose to provide such updates, etc. in its sole discretion.

Status
Not open for further replies.