September 11th 2001 - 10 years on

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 133
  • Views Views 8K
Status
Not open for further replies.
The memories of this, and the London Bombings are two memories that will stay with me for the rest of my life. I know exactly what I was doing when both happened.

I have an amazing amount of respect now for the Emergency Services, for their bravery shown during these two horrific attacks.

RIP to those that died on that horrible day.

Watching the Vid in the OP with the 2nd plane hitting the tower is horrific.

Did more people die in the 2nd tower because the planes point of impact was much lower down than on the first?

Did anyone above the point of impact get out? Because I'd have thought they were pretty much trapped up there.

Did more people die in the 2nd tower because the planes point of impact was much lower down than on the first?

Did anyone above the point of impact get out? Because I'd have thought they were pretty much trapped up there.

Not sure tbh. From what I understand sadly most of the people who were trapped simply jumped out the windows rather than being burnt alive-the thuds around the building people reported hearing were either people or parts of people as a result of the explosions. Others frantically waved white materials like towels to try and signal for help.

I'd rather jump and be killed almost instantly than burn/choke to death. (I think anyway, can't say I ever want to have to make the choice).

I heard something a while back that the Helicopter pilots wanted to land on top of the buildings, but nobody would let them as it wasn't safe enough. If that's true then that's disgraceful. Even if they'd have saved an extra 5 people, that could mean 5 kids aren't without a mother or father today.

The fall apparently lasted 10 seconds, could just as easily die from a heart attack on the way down as you would the impact.

I heard something a while back that the Helicopter pilots wanted to land on top of the buildings, but nobody would let them as it wasn't safe enough. If that's true then that's disgraceful. Even if they'd have saved an extra 5 people, that could mean 5 kids aren't without a mother or father today.

Either that, or the floor would give way beneath them and they'd die too.

We don't know the risks involved. It could've been a 95% chance they'd have died too without saving anyone.

The_Falling_Man.jpg

'a picture paints a thousand words'

I'd rather jump and be killed almost instantly than burn/choke to death. (I think anyway, can't say I ever want to have to make the choice).

Heard that the roof of the twin towers was always locked to avoid people comitting suicide, so even if the chopper did land it wouldn't have saved anyone.

The collapse of a single tower alone released an energy equivalent of 272 tonnes of TNT. Wow.

The collapse of a single tower alone released an energy equivalent of 272 tonnes of TNT. Wow.

****** ****. That's just over a quarter of the power of 1 kiloton nuclear weapon. jesus

Is it just me, or does anyone else think it doesn't look like a plane that hits the Pentagon?

On the video footage from the CCTV, you don't see the plane, and it doesn't look big enough to be a plane. IDK.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think it doesn't look like a plane that hits the Pentagon?

On the video footage from the CCTV, you don't see the plane, and it doesn't look big enough to be a plane. IDK.

The Pentagon is reinforced to withstand A LOT. The wings couldn't penetrate the fortress so folded in on themselves, leaving a smaller hole. And it's not like a regular plane crash where it takes a while to come to a stop, the pentagon walls stopped the plane pretty quickly which released a lot of heat energy quickly, disintegrating a lot of the plane.

:)

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

****** ****. That's just over a quarter of the power of 1 kiloton nuclear weapon. jesus

If you factored all the fires, the plane itself crashing, it'd be pretty close to a kiloton. Scary stuff. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back