Sergon

Reaction score
UpdateSergon |footballmanager2014

Hi all. First of all, sorry for my english, but I'm from Spain. I'm working on an Update for the 2014-15 season that nowadays has over 25000 changes to the original DDBB (14.3). I have experience working on summer updates since 2011, when i launched the "Update VB. & LeSoleil" in Spain, which counted with thousands of downloads in the spanish community.

My update is quite different to the others in the community. This file is optimized for starting in May 2014 (on game), so in the editor the transfers are set as "future transfers", I didn't change the players' contract for appearing in their new teams since the starting of the game. This allows playing the 2014-15 season starting in the 2014 summer, unlike others update that make us play the 2014-15 seasons starting in 2013.

The update contains the following files.

- Update file.
- File for starting in May 2014.
- Files that introduce 100% real results to the following leagues: Liga BBVA, Liga Adelante, Eredivisie, Ligue 1, Ligue 2, Bundesliga, 2.Bundesliga, Serie A, Serie B, Liga ZON Sagres, Russian Premier League, Ukranian Premier League, Premier League, Championship, League One, League Two, Dannish SuperLeague, Turkish SuperLeague, Wales Premier League, A-League, Greek SuperLeague, Scottish Premiership, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Scottish divisions, Austria Bundesliga and Swish Superleague.

With all of these files we're able to start in may of 2014 with 100% real league table results on the leagues that i listed before so promotions and relegations are 100% accurate on these leagues*

View attachment 352237 View attachment 352236 View attachment 352235 View attachment 352234

Competitions with playoffs (Liga Adelante, Championship, etc) are not 100% accurate because you can't set playoff results with the advanced editor, but the update is optimized for QPR and Córdoba, for example, to get promoted in the playoff. You can't set either results to cup competitions as FA Cup, Copa del Rey, Champions League, Europa League... so the winner of these competitions are random. But, as i said, reputations of clubs have been modified to get the most accurate results.

The update may include:

- Transfers up to date in Spain, England, France, Italy, Germany, Argentina and other important leagues of Europe.
- Managerial changes (club & nation)
- CA/PA changes for thousands of players respect to the original 14.3 DDBB.
- Stats, positions, contracts, liked/disliked staff changes for hundred of players.
- Improved wonderkids that didn't improve too much on the original DDBB.
- New wonderkids created (Hachim Matsour, Ben Sheaf...) + some japanese players who are not in the original DDBB and are coming to Europe.
- New clubs (New York City FC, Atletico Kolkata...)
- Reputation changes to lot of clubs and nations.
- Added rivalries, legends... for a lot of clubs.
- Edited kits & colors of Liga BBVA, Liga Adelante, Premier League, Championship and other important clubs of Europe.
- Economy adjustments (New Adidas deal for Manchester United starting on 2015, lower budgets in Spain except Barcelona & Madrid...)
- Transfer tendencies modified (More spanish players going to Greece or Israel, more players being transfer to Qatar or China...)
-Created agents:

- Jorge Mendes: Cristiano Ronaldo, James, Pepe, Falcao...
- Fernando Felicevich: Alexis Sánchez, Arturo Vidal, Gary Medel...
- Mino Raiola: Pogba, Ibrahimovic, Balotelli, Cavani...
- Pini Zahavi: Tevez, Maschernao, Joao Moutinho...
- Ginés Carvajal: Soldado, Jesé, Victor Valdés, Deulofeu...
- Eugenio Botas: Javi Fuefo, Raoul Loé, Edu Bedia...
- Petón: Fernando Torres, Pedro, Javi Martínez, Jesús Navas...
- García Quilón: Rafa Benítez, Callejón, Albiol, Michu, Diego López, Reina...
- José Seguí: David Silva, Isco...
- Pere Guardiola: Pep Guardiola, Thiago, Luis Suarez...
- Ramón Sostres: Iniesta
- Wagner Ribeiro: Neymar, Hulk, Lucas, Robinho...
- Jörg Neubauer: Khedira, Goretzka, Rene Adler...
- Volker Struth: Marco Reus, Mario Gotze, Toni Kroos...
- Jonathan Barnett: Bale, Joe Hart, Szczesny, Jagielka...
- Leon Angel: Wilshere, Baines, Ramsey, Cahill...
- Darren Dein: Fabregas, Alex Song, Clichy...
- Cezary Kucharski: Lewandowski, Krychowiak, Rafal Wolski...
- Kees Vos: Van Persie, De Vrij, Finnbogason...
- Alejandro Ives Mazzon: Lavezzi, Campagnaro...
- Horacio Gaggioli: Zabaleta, Jordi Gómez...
- Marcelo Simonian: Pastore, Ricky Álvarez, Banega...
- Jorge Messi: Leo Messi
- René Ramos: Sergio Ramos

- 636 changes on injuries. Severities modified, some new injuries (pubalgia...). Some tips received by a physiotherapist IRL.
- Regens tendencies changed. Less "weird countries" wonderkids cracking on Europe, etc.

Release date

- Beta released on July 30th.
- Beta 2.0 released on August 11th.
- Beta 3.0 released on September 4th.

Beta 3.0

LINK

Instructions

- Download and extract the file using a program like WinRar.
- You will see a folder named "Sergon Update 14-15 (BETA)". Open the folder and you will see 19 files there. You have to place all files in: Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2014/editor data (if there is no editor data folder, create one inside the FM14 folder)
- Once in the game, start a new save and you will see something like this:

View attachment 350982

If you have only the 19 files of the update in the editor data folder, select "All". If you have more files in the editor data folder select "Custom", then "edit" and select just the 19 files of the update.

- Select the leagues you want to be in your save. You have to select Vanuatu as one of the leagues in the save (Playable or View-only). Then, in "Game start date" select "Vanuatu 2014". Start game.

View attachment 655734

- Game will start on the 20th of May of 2014, then go on holidays until the new season.
- All summer transfers are set to happen on the 1st of July of 2014. Players with ending contracts will be free agents the 31st of July (previously i set contracts to end the 30th of June but when using the Real Fixtures files they resign until 2015 so players are not free agents)
- Enjoy a real 2014-2015 season.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi. Maybe I'm wrong but normally there is not much people that pay for an update. I tell you this because i'm an updater too..
I know how hard is making a FM update but thats the way that it is.
Why you dont try for example, release your update now and free, and the people can see your work. Then, on the next release, the people that want your update need to make a donation. If they like your update, probably they donate you 3GBP.

I speak spanish because I lived there 5 years. Is more easy speak spanish that english :D Think about it ;)

Why LVG's name in the game isn't real?

P.S; upgrade Mastour's tehnique, he has unique tehnique
P.S2; which is your facepack 'nd from where i can download it?

tnx :)

Last edited:
Hi. Maybe I'm wrong but normally there is not much people that pay for an update. I tell you this because i'm an updater too..
I know how hard is making a FM update but thats the way that it is.
Why you dont try for example, release your update now and free, and the people can see your work. Then, on the next release, the people that want your update need to make a donation. If they like your update, probably they donate you 3GBP.

I speak spanish because I lived there 5 years. Is more easy speak spanish that english :D Think about it ;)

I know there's not too many people paying for an update, but i have to try. This update is different because of the starting date of the game (it takes me literally days until i sorted out how to start on May with the real fixtures files). I'll see how the thread goes in the next days and then decide what to do.

Saludos!

Why LVG's name in the game isn't real?

P.S; upgrade Mastour's tehnique, he has unique tehnique
P.S2; which is your facepack 'nd from where i can download it?

tnx :)

1- Because of SI's licenses.
2- Matsour has 16 tecnique in the editor, enough for a 16 years old kid IMO.
3- Cut-out facepack, from Sortitoutsi.

Welcome :)

I know there's not too many people paying for an update, but i have to try. This update is different because of the starting date of the game (it takes me literally days until i sorted out how to start on May with the real fixtures files). I'll see how the thread goes in the next days and then decide what to do.

Saludos!

Ok. Think about it amigo :D
This is like the PlayStation games. They release the Demo to convince the people to buy the game.

Last edited:
You've made a file were you can start in May 2014? am I correct?

Ok. Think about it amigo :D
This is like the PlayStation games. They release the Demo to convince the people to buy the game.

I think I will release a beta maybe tonight or tomorrow!

You've made a file were you can start in May 2014? am I correct?

Yep. I created country rules for Vanuatu and added start date for 20th May 2014 (the last i was able to set). Then when you're starting a new save you have to make Vanuatu league playable or at least to view only, and then you have the option to start in May of 2014.

Yep. I created country rules for Vanuatu and added start date for 20th May 2014 (the last i was able to set). Then when you're starting a new save you have to make Vanuatu league playable or at least to view only, and then you have the option to start in May of 2014.

Please do. Have you updated player contracts? removed release clauses for transferred players? Backroom staff ect?

;) If you want, I can say something about your update on the portuguese community (FM). Is the most known FM forum in Portugal.
Probably i'll try it. :)
I also had an update but unfortunately I had to stop because of the short time available. :(

Last edited:
Please do. Have you updated player contracts? removed release clauses for transferred players? Backroom staff ect?

I have checked new contracts, but obviously im working alone so its almost 100% sure that I have missed something. That's one of the reason of releasing a beta for you guys helping me with details that i missed out.

BTW, there are no release clauses in future transfers unless you set them ;)

;) If you want, I can say something about your update on the portuguese community (FM). Is the most known FM forum in Portugal.
Probably i'll try it. :)

Thanks mate! Appreciate.

I'm working on it and I think that tomorrow (maybe at night) I'll be able to share a beta with all of you ;)

looking forward to it

Thanks mate. Still working. Over 32.000 changes for now. Transfers of following leagues are being set for now (of course, as I said before, I'm working alone, so maybe I could miss some transfers):

Liga BBVA
Liga Adelante
Liga ZON Sagres
Ligue 1
Bundesliga
Serie A
Premier League
Championship
Allsvenkan
Eredivisie
SPL
Russian Premier League
Primera División Argentina
Jupiler League
PRVALiga
Ukranian Premier League
Raffeisen SuperLeague

This leagues are 100% up to date but of course there are a lot of transfers of other leagues all over the world (Turkey, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Brazil...)

How do you see it guys? Any league in particular you want me to work on it?

For me, is good like it is. When I was an updater, I worked more in the principal leagues and a bit in the others. Is impossible work 100% in all leagues.
Like I said, I think is ok and ready ;)

Last edited:
Can we expect the release today? I would like to try your update with Southampton :D

Ok, so here we go buddies. First of all, I want you all guys to understand that this is not an ending version, this is a BETA. I will keep working every day on the update (not only on transfers) but I want you guys to test it and share your impressions and fails you could find so I have time to fix it before september. If you want a better update, I need your impressions, things you would change (CAs, PAs, stats... whatever), etc.

LINK

Instructions

- Download and extract the file using a program like WinRar.
- You will see a folder named "Sergon Update 14-15 (BETA)". Open the folder and you will see 19 files there. You have to place all files in: Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2014/editor data (if there is no editor data folder, create one inside the FM14 folder)
- Once in the game, start a new save and you will see something like this:

View attachment 350991

If you have only the 19 files of the update in the editor data folder, select "All". If you have more files in the editor data folder select "Custom", then "edit" and select just the 19 files of the update.

- Select the leagues you want to be in your save. You have to select Vanuatu as one of the leagues in the save (Playable or View-only). Then, in "Game start date" select "Vanuatu 2014". Start game.

View attachment 350988

- Game will start on the 20th of May of 2014, then go on holidays until the new season.
- All summer transfers are set to happen on the 1st of July of 2014. Players with ending contracts will be free agents the 31st of July (previously i set contracts to end the 30th of June but when using the Real Fixtures files they resign until 2015 so players are not free agents)
- Enjoy a real 2014-2015 season.