Question

Ok folks, here is what is my definitive take on set pieces.

The throw in's are TFFs/Guido's, the attacking corners are mine (IMHO the best set up which is averaging just shy of a goal every 2 games for me, which i'm showing on twitch, shown as test right and test left in the downloads below!) and the rest are FM Guru's set pieces, which are pretty much the best around.

I spent three days testing about 25 different tactics, giving set pieces a special focus (as I like to sort them first before I do my own tactic).

So here they are;

Oh and to see more stuff; https://www.twitch.tv/comedychrissy
View attachment 1189658

Who takes free kicks?

Who takes free kicks?

Hey man... Depends on what free kick you mention. If you are talking about fouls then the one with the best Free Kicks stats.
If you are talking about corners then it depends. For example this routine has a short option. So the most important is not who takes them (for my save is the dl and dr since they are only requested to give a short pass) but who will receive the short pass... Based on experience usually the best stats would be from MC/Wingers or AMC since they need to find the best solution based on how the defence will operate.
For the Throw Ins the DL and DR (based on each side). Hope i helped ;)

View attachment 1191750

How can i set up TFFs Long throw exploit in this formation?

Hi! As taker you must put the DL (Left Side) and DR (Right Side).
Now the 3 players that will be receiving the ball is the most crucial.
Usually the one most close to the throw in taker is the one doing the least things... So you can a player from the 3 Midfielders that has the less stats in long shots.
For the other two players i am using the midfielder with the best stats for long shots and my striker.

I have managed to have with this way almost 1 goal per 2 games from this setup.

View attachment 24786

Middle short corner

View attachment 24542View attachment 24541

Hey Guys, I've been using Knap tactics, which has a short corner routine configured.

I've noticed that the most successful corners comes when the player receives the ball not too short, as you can see in the images.

I would say that randomly once every two matches it happens that the player receives the ball almost in the angle of the area, as you can see in the images and it almost always ends up as a goal.

Is there any way to configure for the receiver player to receive the ball always in that position? I cant seem to do it. Thanks!

View attachment 1192480View attachment 1192481

Hey Guys, I've been using Knap tactics, which has a short corner routine configured.

I've noticed that the most successful corners comes when the player receives the ball not too short, as you can see in the images.

I would say that randomly once every two matches it happens that the player receives the ball almost in the angle of the area, as you can see in the images and it almost always ends up as a goal.

Is there any way to configure for the receiver player to receive the ball always in that position? I cant seem to do it. Thanks!

I need to know that.

View attachment 1192480View attachment 1192481

Solved it..... its when the taker of the corner is the guy thats meant to get the corner short?? make sense?? if not in get the left centre mid to take left corner and vice versa

anybody have good defensive set pieces.

strugling defending against big teams

If i use a back 5, does this work with WBL/R taking throw ins and corners?

If i use a back 5, does this work with WBL/R taking throw ins and corners?

What are the best throw-in and corner routines on 19.3?

Is there any corner kick set pieces that works really well on 19.3 ME ? I tried so many of them and no really convincing one.

Corners are now sorted. Courtesy of @MerryGuido on twitter and strikerless.com

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...-tactics/1190344-fm19-tactics-tff-screen1.png

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...cs/1190343-fm19-tactics-tff-corner-set-up.png

Feel free to give my comedian page a like by way of thanks, as its this job that enables me to spend days of my life on stuff like this;
https://www.facebook.com/comedychrissy/

Mate have you found sth good for 19.3?

attachment.php
attachment.php

These appear to work, generally a goal is scored every game or two on average.

Chrissy Dude, You seam to have knowledge in FM set pieces, according to TFF, there is new powerful exploit. Can you please focus on that too? Because i think only you can find it XD

Chrissy Dude, You seam to have knowledge in FM set pieces, according to TFF, there is new powerful exploit. Can you please focus on that too? Because i think only you can find it XD

yeah man can you try to find out what is that??? :)))

I'll look but tbh i think he is a bit full of ****. if he had an exploit hed put it in his tactics. its how he is. he magpies best practice of others, which there is nowt rong with but his statement bout waiting is bullshit

Chrissy, next time don't drink and post... it won't end up well ;)

Chrissy, next time don't drink and post... it won't end up well ;)

I was on my phone and sober, just some typos. I'm sorry but TFF uses best practice from all other tactics, lifts set pieces from others and then combines them for his tactics. They work great, everyones happy, including me tbh.

However his claim that he has a set piece exploit he's holding to himself.....sorry calling bullshit on that because any other time there has even been a slight marginal gain to be found, it goes straight into his set of tactics.

There is no logical reason for him not to reveal it. There is an easy way to be proven wrong on it, he can post the exploit. If that happens he'll get a full unreserved apology from myself. Until then, calling bullshit on it.