Shakhtar Donetsk - Foreigners Out! A Ukrainian Story

Shakhtar

View attachment 372670

Summer Transfers 2016

Here is the Best Eleven Ever for Shakhtar At the Moment

View attachment 372672

Oleg Blokhin Retires from Dynamo Kyiv

View attachment 372674

Our Under 19's will play in the Under 19's Champions League?!?

View attachment 372675

Season Expectations

View attachment 372676

Well i looked at Garmash who was unhappy but as i got a bid accepted for him he moved to Benfica in the blink of an eye for £18million!

View attachment 372679

I didnt really need or want to bring anyone in after this so i sold Bandura and brought in a cheap replacement Goalkeeper and also splashed a few million on a decent Centre Back prospect.

Transfer History

View attachment 372681

Kucher was the other squad member to leave as he kept on complaining about wanting to move to a bigger club despite not even making our team much last season as he is now 34.

DC Andrey Ivanov DC £3.4million

View attachment 372680

Its real to me Dammit!

Actually we have not been all that bad these past few years. We lose mostly yes, but most matches we actually play better than the opponents. Its just immaturity and lack of concentration I think ...

Alrite i got the pass the parcel save to do at the moment so will be back on this save tomorrow

Right just got to type up the pass the parcel and then will be on to the july update

Shakhtar

View attachment 373214

July 2016

Ukraine Super Cup
Shakhtar 3 - 1 Volyn
Konoplyanka 6 Butko 13 Dzeko 22

A comfortable victory to pick up our first trophy of the season as we get our goals early.

League
Arsenal Kyiv 0 - 2 Shakhtar
Dzeko 39, 93

Looks like Dzeko is going to continue this season as he left the last one banging in the goals for us but now turning 30 we will need a replacement coming through.

League
Shakhtar 2 - 0 Metalist
Costa 8 Chaykovskyi 60
Grechyshkin sent off 41

I was a little worried with the sending off just before half time but we managed to cut off the game with a second goal on the hour mark.

Ukrainian League Table

View attachment 373219

Stats

View attachment 373220

Ukraine

View attachment 373221

August 2016

Krvytsov Takes Ukraine Captains Armband

View attachment 373222

Friendly
England 2 - 2 Ukraine
Zozulya 69 Vitsenets 87

I changed half the team around at half time and the second lot did a very good job and it was two Shakhtar players getting the goals. Up next two World Cup Qualifiers in September

Does anyone know where i can find how long a player has left before getting Ukrainian passport? Or is it impossible? Cannot find it on Costa's profile anywhere

Right i have played up til December but not sure whether i am going to continue this as not making any transfers has zapped the fun out of it for me with £28million to spend but no decent Ukrainians, not sure whether i should starting signing a few foreigners?

Thoughts . . .

Yep, definitely following this! Thanks for pointing it out to me. Quick question, do you feel that you have any advantage at home in Europe? I think in last years game I was able to be more attacking than this years and I haven't seen you battering teams like Shakhtar can at home

Yep, definitely following this! Thanks for pointing it out to me. Quick question, do you feel that you have any advantage at home in Europe? I think in last years game I was able to be more attacking than this years and I haven't seen you battering teams like Shakhtar can at home
i have struggled in europe but that is due to poor quality in the ukrainian ranks, if i had 4 seasons as shakhtar with their money i would be tearing up europe but yeah i thought maybe teams would struggle especially coming here in december and feb with it snowing

Last year I started a Shakhtar save and in the first season I reached the quarter finals and beat Madrid, Man U and Juve at home... Something SI need to have a look at I think, the Donbas is a fortress in real life because of the cold

Anything happening with this??? ****** love a good Shakhtar story

Anything happening with this??? ****** love a good Shakhtar story
I may get back to it at a later date, but the fact that i asked people if i should continue over a week ago and nobody replied made me think that nobody was reading

Well I suppose that's fair enough, but I'd love for you to continue it. Even if you do decide to call it a day on this one, it was a good read!

Well I suppose that's fair enough, but I'd love for you to continue it. Even if you do decide to call it a day on this one, it was a good read!
Thanks man, i still have the save i was just at that awkward point where you cant sign anyone good and my regens were not quite good enough yet, i may get back into it later

Thanks man, i still have the save i was just at that awkward point where you cant sign anyone good and my regens were not quite good enough yet, i may get back into it later

I hate that 2015/6 stage, real transition starts to happen and you can't make much progress