Shakhtar Donetsk - Foreigners Out! A Ukrainian Story

Shakhtar

View attachment 372094

December 2015

Champions League Groups
Shakhtar 0 - 1 Man City

And we are out! They score a late goal to win the match but we were already heading out after a lacklustre performance in Europe yet again

Champions League Group - 3rd

View attachment 372095

Europa League Draw

View attachment 372096

We get a relatively easy draw against Partizan and could face local rivals Dynamo Kyiv in the next round if we both go through, im desperate to have a good year in Europe and maybe getting knocked out of the Champions League is not a bad thing if we can get further in the Europa League.

33 year old Kucher wants to leave!

View attachment 372097

Even worse than Srna i would have thought his time has past for wanting a new challenge, nobody seems to want him anyway but i would be glad to hand is position to a younger player​

Unlucky losing DZEKO just when you needed him to fire you out of your CL group ...

Thanks man! I remember you from the Man Utd story all those months ago! I always get too far ahead in the story so i have plenty of updates to come tonight!

Hahah i remember too! Wish i could have continued but exams came in the way. Hard life of a uni student :p
Cant wait for more updates!

Unlucky losing DZEKO just when you needed him to fire you out of your CL group ...
i know we missed him big time, Boychuk has looked okay but Dzeko does come good in the second half of the season, updates will be on tonight

Shakhtar

View attachment 372284

Feb 2016

Europa league 1st knockout rnd 1st leg
Partizan 0 - 2 Shakhtar
Grechyshkin 19 Bezus 67

A comfortable win on the away tie of this fixture should have all but secured our place in the next round.

Europa League 1st knockout rnd 2nd leg
Shakhtar 3 - 1 Partizan
Kryvtsov 7 Bezus 33 Costa 63
(win 5-1 on agg)

A massive result over the two fixtures sees us comfortably win the tie and set up a next round tie with local rivals Dynamo Kyiv!

League
Volyn 0 - 3 Shakhtar
Dzeko 37, 61, 66

Guess whos back? Back again, Guess whos back? Guess Who Back Guess Who Back! Dzeko scores a hattrick on his first game back after his long term injury.

Ukrainian League Table

View attachment 372288

Not a lot of change since November with only the one fixture but we are still top and i plan on staying there!

Stats

View attachment 372289

Shakhtar

View attachment 372307

March 2016

League
Shakhtar 1 - 0 Obolon
Dzeko 45

Dzeko is the difference in this league match as he yet again shows us what we have been missing in recent weeks.

League
Gelios 0 - 2 Shakhtar
Bezus 76 Vitsenets 78

A crazy 3 minutes when we go into overload sees us win this league fixture against lowly Gelios.

Europa Leauge 2nd Knockout rnd 1st leg
Dynamo Kyiv 1 - 1 Shakhtar
Bezus 35

We get the all important away goal and they will find it very tough to beat us back on our home turf.

League
Shakhtar 3 - 1 Kryvbas
Grechyshkin 40 Dzeko 72, 86

Dzeko scores a brilliant brace late on to grab us all 3 points as he gets 5th and 6th goals since coming back from his injury.

Europa League 2nd Knockout rnd 2nd leg
Shakhtar 2 - 1 Dynamo Kyiv
Dzeko 15 Butko 116
(Win 3-2 on agg)

We win in extra time to go through which was not what we needed for an already tired squad to play an extra 30 minutes!

Draw Roma IN Quarter Finals

View attachment 372310

As you can see with the other teams left i think this is one of our best chances we will ever have of winning some European Silverware.

League
Metalurg D 3 - 1 Shakhtar
Bezus 68
Barvinko sent off 12

I made some changes to our tired squad for this fixture and then Barvinko's early dismissal didnt help matters as our unbeaten run of 35 games came to an abrupt end.

View attachment 372311

League
Shakhtar 2 - 1 Dnipro
Teixieria 48, 52

We struggle to overcome the stuttering Dnipro in this tie before i brought on Brazilian Tex who changed the game with a couple of wonderful solo efforts.

Europa League Quarter Final 1st leg
Roma 2 - 2 Shakhtar
Dzeko 21 Zozulya 84

Zozulya grabs a late equalizer to put us in the driving seat for this tie with 2 away goals.

Ukrainian League Table

View attachment 372313

After the loss this month Dynamo catch up with us to be within a point now and they have nothing else to focus on having also been knocked out of the Domestic Cup before Christmas.

Stats

View attachment 372315

Dzeko is joint top goalscorer now but its still the defenders who are having amazing games!​

Shakhtar

View attachment 372319

April 2016

League
Dynamo Kyiv 1 - 2 Shakhtar
Vitsenets 35 Bezus pen 45

We pick up the all important win against Dynamo to help our league standings with so many cup games this month it was important to win this match.

Kryvstov Sets New Man Of the Match Record

View attachment 372322

Europa League Quarter Final 2nd leg
Shakhtar 3 - 2 Roma
Dzeko 44 Vitsenets 58, 71
(Win 5-4 on agg)

Holding midfielder Vitsenets scores two second half goals to help us qualify for the Semi Finals against an arguably easier side in Ajax

View attachment 372324

League
Shakhtar 1 - 0 Metalist
Dzeko 60

He really has been the difference this season and is the main reason why we are still going strong in all 3 competitions.

Ukrainian Cup Quarter Final
Illichivets 1 - 3 Shakhtar
Guidetti 40 Kryvtsov 48 Bezus 86

A good win in the cup as we change a few players around and give Dzeko a rest and Guidetti does well in his rare start.

League
Chornomorets 1 - 4 Shakhtar
Dzeko 10 Kryvtsov 33 Grechyshkin 37 Guidetti 74

Another comfortable win in the league as our rotation policy works well with just a few key players playing in most of the games at the moment.

Europa League Semi Final 1st leg
Ajax 1 - 1 Shakhtar
Bezus 18

We score early on but cant capitalize on it, but we do have the all important away goal and should make our way to the final.

League
Shakhtar 4 - 0 Vorskla
Costa 48 Teixeira 67 Bezus 71 Dzeko 92

Another decent win in the league but Dynamo are matching us every step of the way waiting for us to slip up.
Dzeko has also broken the goalscoring record for goals in a season with this late goal

View attachment 372327

Europa League Semi Final 2nd leg
Shakhtar 2 - 1 Ajax
Kryvtsov 15 Grechyshkin 37
(win 3-2 on agg)

We get our work done early in this tie and struggle to hold on in the second half but we make it to the Europa League Final were we will face Tottenham!

View attachment 372326

Ukrainian League Table

View attachment 372328

4 points clear of Dynamo at the moment but we will play the Cup Semi final and possible Final and the Europa League Final before we will play any more league games so we may be tired by the time we play again.

Stats

View attachment 372332

Dzeko is joint top scorer at the moment but there are a lot of players on high numbers at the moment with 2 games to go.​

Shakhtar

View attachment 372340

May 2016

First off after being laughed out of the building when i first applied for the Ukraine job they come begging me to take over after their manager joined Spartak Moscow right before the European Championships!

View attachment 372342

Ukrainian Cup Semi Final
Dnipro 0 - 2 Shakhtar
Rakitskyi 16 Dzeko 26

We win this tie early on and will now face a very easy final in a weeks time against Volyn but the Europa League final is a mere 3 days after this final.

Ukrainian Cup Final
Shakhtar 1 - 0 Volyn
Dzeko 35

Yet again Dzeko is the difference as it shows how different a team can be with one goalscoring striker in the side.

View attachment 372348

Europa League Final
Tottenham 0 - 0 Shakhtar
Shakhtar win 9 - 8 on pens !!!

We struggeld throughout the match with our knackered squad playing a defensive counter attacking tactic which worked well to get us to penalties, In the end it was Lloris who missed their all important penalty as Bezus scored the winner as he comes around the second time.

View attachment 372350

We secure an impressive Treble

View attachment 372351

I chose my first Ukrainian squad and the press didnt like me selecting a lot of Shakhtar players despite them being the best players for the squad!

View attachment 372355

League
Tavria 4 - 2 Shakhtar
Rumyantsev 61 Zozulya 77

I expected to lose this match with so many second choice players in the side but i didnt expect to let 4 goals in! The league will go down to the final game again.

League
Shakhtar 4 - 0 Sevastopol
Rakitskyi 8 Konoplyanka 24, 59 Teixeira 78

An amazing win to pick up the league title and achieve the amazing Quaruple, winning everything we could have this season!

Quaruple

View attachment 372357

Ukrainian League Table

View attachment 372358

End of season post next and then the Ukrainian Friendlies before the Championships​

Shakhtar

View attachment 372360

End Of Season May 2016

Shakhtar Squad

View attachment 372361

As you can see if it wasnt for Dzeko's amazing goalscoring form Bezus would have been top goalscorer with an impressive 19 goals.

Top Goalscorer Edin Dzeko - 25 goals

View attachment 372362

Player of the Season Sergiy Kryvtsov (Again)

View attachment 372364

Young Player of the Season Denys Barvinko

View attachment 372365

League Team of the Season

View attachment 372366

7 players from Shakhtar make up the team with the rest of the players coming from Dynamo Kyiv.

Summary

I think we had one of the best seasons i could have possibly had, i dont plan on bringing anyone in during the summer as most our out of my price range and i want some of the youth to come through this season.

Awesome effort, all you need now is some success in the champions league
I know but its much more fun winning the Europa league! Whats the equivalent to that for Champs league, getting to the Quarter Finals?

That's some average rating for Kryvtsov! Great season pal! :D
I know mate he has been an amazing player these past 4 seasons and im really suprised no bigger clubs have come in for him, hoping to play the youngster Rumyantsev next to him in defence next season as Kucher is 34 now and he is suppose to be even better!

Ukraine

View attachment 372450

May 2016

So i played 2 friendlies before the European Championships and played as many different players as possible and a few different tactics with 2 draws the result.

First Ukrainian game is my 180th as a Manager.

View attachment 372451

Friendly
Ukraine 2 - 2 Albania
Konoplyanka 11 Kryvtsov 44

Well we dominated them in the first half but a whole host of changed allowed them to come back into the game for the second half.

Friendly
Ukraine 1 - 1 Italy
Zozulya 45

And its a clean sweep for Shakhtar players scoring the goals in the friendlies, despite the media moaning they are the best players for the team.

Ukraine Squad Announced for European Championships

View attachment 372452

I actually cut 1 of my players so we now have only 13 Shakhtar players in the squad but if there were better players out there i would happily drop them too.

Next up our first group game against Cyprus, yes thats right they have somehow managed to qualify for a tournament, the other teams in our groups are Russia and Denmark​

Ukraine

View attachment 372453

European Championships 2016

Selezynov pleading with the Press

View attachment 372455

Group Match
Ukraine 3 - 1 Cyprus
Selezynov 34 Yaremelenko 44 Konoplyanka 66

We make light work of Cyprus but i didnt think we could have put 6 past them if we had more clinical finishing maybe like if Dzeko decided to become Ukrainian!

Group Match
Russia 1 - 1 Ukraine
Bezus 12

Bezus scores an early goal for us but Russia were always more dominant than us and it was only a matter of time before they grabbed an equalizer.

Group Match
Ukraine 1 - 0 Denmark
Konoplyanka 13

Its yet again an early goal for us as we manage to hang on for the rest of the match and qualify for the knockout stages which was more than the Board asked for!

Group Table

View attachment 372454

We are drawn against my home nation England

European Championships 2nd rnd
England 1 - 0 Ukraine
Welbeck 119
Butko sent off 111

Well we managed to hold out for almost the entire game until RB Butko got sent off and then Danny Welbeck capitalized with a very late goal to knock us out of the Championships.

View attachment 372456

Portugal Win Euro 2016

View attachment 372457

Player Stats

View attachment 372458

Our next match is in August against the team that just knocked us out of the tournament in England.

Shakhtar pre season up next​

Uncle MAD's home nation made it to a tournament! Albeit on FM13.