Votes: 25 24.5%
  • No, he's correctly rated

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • No, he's worse

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters

MarcLUFC

Reaction score
just a poll to see who agrees that Shay should be much, much better on this game. To me he's in the top 3 in the world.

Nope, I think he's just fine on the game. Given's been a fave keeper of mine for years and his reflexes are amazing. I think it's about right.

from what i've seen he's miles better than Akinfeev, and a couple of the other supposed must-buy keepers.

i wouldnt say hes in the same bracket as buffon casillas and cech (pre the skull injury, hes not been quite the same since)

but alongside jaaskeleinen hes definitely been one of the best keepers in the premier league over the past few years.

i dont think hes under rated that much.

Top 5 Keepers.
1.Jose Reina.
2.Iker Casillas.
3.Petr Cech.
4.Edwin Van Der Sar.
5.Shay Given.

That is my opinion.

Top 5 Keepers.
1.Jose Reina.
2.Iker Casillas.
3.Petr Cech.
4.Edwin Van Der Sar.
5.Shay Given.

That is my opinion.

I see your hand and raise you

1. Casillas
2. Buffon
3. Given
4. Reina
5. Van Der Sar

Top 5 Keepers.
1.Jose Reina.
2.Iker Casillas.
3.Petr Cech.
4.Edwin Van Der Sar.
5.Shay Given.

That is my opinion.

lol thats some lovely bias there coach carter. reina is deffo up there but no way is he better than buffon/cassilas! :p

1. Casillas. Watch him at least once a week on sky sports, i cant describe how good this guy is

2. Buffon. A total beast, the most intimidating thing since schmeicel

3 Cech. Was arguably the beast keeper in the world till Stephen Hunt broke his head

4. Igor Akinfeev. First choice for CSKA at 17. European trophy winner by 21. Captain of CSKA aged 22.

5. Van Der Sar has won more trophies and been at bigger clubs. Given has been consistently brilliant for years. Cant decide.

6 Reina. Booooo. lol

Last edited:
Cech has been no where near his early career standard for some time now. Chelsea will be looking to replace him in the not too distant future.

Am I the only person that thinks Reina is overrated?

lol thats some lovely bias there coach carter. reina is deffo up there but no way is he better than buffon/cassilas! :p

1. Casillas. Watch him at least once a week on sky sports, i cant describe how good this guy is

3 Cech. Was arguably the beast keeper in the world till Stephen Hunt broke his head

4. Igor Akinfeev. First choice for CSKA at 17. European trophy winner by 21. Captain of CSKA aged 22.

5. Van Der Sar has won more trophies and been at bigger clubs. Given has been consistently brilliant for years. Cant decide.

6 Reina. Booooo. lol

I agree, some massive bias there...haha...but for me it's :

1) Casillas
2) Buffon
3) Van der Saar
4) Valdes
5) Reina
(6) Czech based on the last 1-2 seasons, he will bounce back tho, just too good! )

Akinfeev hasn't done enough yet on the big stage to be mentioned in the same breath as these boys and whilst you could argue that Shay Given should be up there....a) he's never played for a top club at the highest level and b) Like Jasskalainen, he's a top keeper because he simply has more saves than anyone else above him in the list!! lol....^^)

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

PS - Casillas is UNBELIEVABLE!! easy choice for no.1 !

Am I the only person that thinks Reina is overrated?

Yes you are, he is a beast. If you can't see that then you must be blind :/

But this thread is about Given, I don't think he's under rated at all.

lol thats some lovely bias there coach carter. reina is deffo up there but no way is he better than buffon/cassilas!

6 Reina. Booooo. lol

totally agree with you mate Cassilas is the best keeper sinche peter schmeichelXD Akinfeev and Buffon aint far apart (IMO) Van Der Sar set a new record last season with the amount of clean sheets not too far off the world record. now reina i dont think he is as good as liverpool fans seem to think i think Victor Valdes is much better than reina :D

I agree, some massive bias there...haha...but for me it's :

1) Casillas
2) Buffon
3) Van der Saar
4) Valdes
5) Reina
Czech based on the last 1-2 seasons, he will bounce back tho, just too good! )

Akinfeev hasn't done enough yet on the big stage to be mentioned in the same breath as these boys and whilst you could argue that Shay Given should be up there....a) he's never played for a top club at the highest level and b) Like Jasskalainen, he's a top keeper because he simply has more saves than anyone else above him in the list!! lol....

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

PS - Casillas is UNBELIEVABLE!! easy choice for no.1 !

----------

Reina isnt all that i reckon if liverpool signed Akinfeev they would have him in goal more often than reina:D

Last edited:
With all this talk about Akinfeev, who seriously watches Russian football? As i definetly dont. Are you rating him so highly because of FM aswell? :S

With all this talk about Akinfeev, who seriously watches Russian football? As i definetly dont. Are you rating him so highly because of FM aswell?
i do watch the cska's biggest matches :D

Yes you are, he is a beast. If you can't see that then you must be blind :/

But this thread is about Given, I don't think he's under rated at all.

But its only ever liverpool fans that would put him as one of the best in the world, every time i have seen him play he seems average..

if reina was that good he would be first choice with spain but he is third choice