Votes: 58 56.9%
  • Yes, but not by much

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • No, he's correctly rated

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • No, he's worse

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
totally agree with you mate Cassilas is the best keeper sinche peter schmeichelXD Akinfeev and Buffon aint far apart (IMO) Van Der Sar set a new record last season with the amount of clean sheets not too far off the world record. now reina i dont think he is as good as liverpool fans seem to think i think Victor Valdes is much better than reina :D

Reina isnt all that i reckon if liverpool signed Akinfeev they would have him in goal more often than reina:D

You should support Chelski...lol....but I hope we see Akinfeev in the Prem soon, I wanna see what all the fuss (mainly from you) is about! lol...;)

I would'nt put Van der sar in it ppersonally,i tihnk he's average with a good defence.

Casillas has been left wanting in several key games over the past few years, he had a miserable game against barca and Valencia last year, and lest you forget his horrendous performance against AC Milan in the champions league, he is a good goalie but has been very shaky of late, Pepe Reina is up there definitely so too is Van Der Sar who is just coolness personified. Given has been underrated in the past but i think he is finally getting the recognition he deserves, also all you guys have to look past your football manager bias when considering who the best goalie in the world yet...Igor Akinfeev come on he is hardly in the top 5 he has to prove himself in one of europes top leagues first, Lloris is from what I've seen of him world class....also not a notion is cech in the top 5 anymore, Cesar is good enough and obviously we cant forget buffon!

if reina was that good he would be first choice with spain but he is third choice

spain are lucky to have a big selection of class keepers. but Casillas is by far and away their first choice, so you can't make that argument.

1. Casillas
2. Buffon
3. Reina
4. Given
5. Neuer

I think given is slighty underated, along with schwarzer and jaaskelainen

I'm more along the lines of:

1. Casillas
2. Given
3. Reina
4. Van Der Sar

(Cech isn't here anymore, he is **** now IMO)

So yes I think Given is an amazing keeper and should be at least slightly better in-game.

Michael kuipers..............XD
Na seriously id say given is in the top 3 in the world, hes the best shot stopper in the world but hes not great in the air, also up there for me would be casillas and schwarzer,

Shay Given is the most under-rated keeper in the world. If only England had him in goal....One of the best keepers Newcastle have ever had, and one of the best in Prem.

You should support Chelski...lol....but I hope we see Akinfeev in the Prem soon, I wanna see what all the fuss (mainly from you) is about! lol...

im confuzed why should i support chelsea ?:/ plus akinfeev is a beast and he made some impressive in the euro and plus the champions league he did pretty well from wht i can recall against man united

1. Casillas
2. Buffon
3. Reina
4. Given
5. Neuer

Another liverpool fan with reina in his selection lol

But its only ever liverpool fans that would put him as one of the best in the world, every time i have seen him play he seems average..

i actually agree hes like the most average keeper in the top leagues in the world XD

Casillas has been left wanting in several key games over the past few years, he had a miserable game against barca and Valencia last year, and lest you forget his horrendous performance against AC Milan in the champions league, he is a good goalie but has been very shaky of late, Pepe Reina is up there definitely so too is Van Der Sar who is just coolness personified. Given has been underrated in the past but i think he is finally getting the recognition he deserves, also all you guys have to look past your football manager bias when considering who the best goalie in the world yet...Igor Akinfeev come on he is hardly in the top 5 he has to prove himself in one of europes top leagues first, Lloris is from what I've seen of him world class....also not a notion is cech in the top 5 anymore, Cesar is good enough and obviously we cant forget buffon!

i dont just go by what players abilities are like on football manager e.g. akinfeev as i watch most of cska moscows games so i know how good akinfeev isXD

But its only ever liverpool fans that would put him as one of the best in the world, every time i have seen him play he seems average..

I don't put him first. It's just like every United fan putting Van der Sar 1st or 2nd (Behind Casillas) I mean yeah he was good like 5 years ago but now he's just average, he can't handle it when he plays with a rubbish defense. Reina is a good keeper and has been in the top 3 keepers for the last few years, you can't say he's not good just because we are underperforming, he's one of our most valuable players and I can assure you United would snap him up if they could, anybody (apart from Madrid) would.

if reina was that good he would be first choice with spain but he is third choice

What an idiotic statement.. Casillas is arguably the best goalkeeper ever, no wonder he is number 1. And Reina is second ahead of Victor Valdes who is Barca's keeper, so he's obviously not that bad!

I'm more along the lines of:

1. Casillas
2. Given
3. Reina
4. Van Der Sar

(Cech isn't here anymore, he is **** now IMO)

So yes I think Given is an amazing keeper and should be at least slightly better in-game.

wheres buffon redrup?

1. Casillas
2. Buffon
3. Van de Saar (Massive respect to this guy for his skill and professionalism)
4. Cech (People place too much importance on his injury. The truth is that he has dropped down on the aggression, changing his style of play in being a shot-stopper. Once he perfects this change he'll be brilliant.)
5. I want to say Lloris but he's not at his best form currently, so I'm going to have to leave it at a draw with Akinfiev.
6. Valdes
7. Reina (though i am biased for to this opinion)

just kidding! you were raving about Russian footie that's all! (6)

Let's hope he gets a chance in a big league!

given is good but i would say Joe Hart has by far been the best keeper in the EPL this year, he has made over 600 saves or something stupid like that! will def be no.1 here in SA this year!
Reina also good this season!

1. Casillas
2. Buffon
3. Given
4. Julio Cesar (the only problem of this guy, is that he doesn't catch he just hit the ball)
5. Van der sar
6. Reina

For me is that...

Am I the only person that thinks Reina is overrated?

No i agree

Yes you are, he is a beast. If you can't see that then you must be blind :/

But this thread is about Given, I don't think he's under rated at all.

You cant answer for everyone

spain are lucky to have a big selection of class keepers. but Casillas is by far and away their first choice, so you can't make that argument.

Well you can considering Danny sed he was his number one

I don't put him first. It's just like every United fan putting Van der Sar 1st or 2nd (Behind Casillas) I mean yeah he was good like 5 years ago but now he's just average, he can't handle it when he plays with a rubbish defense. Reina is a good keeper and has been in the top 3 keepers for the last few years, you can't say he's not good just because we are underperforming, he's one of our most valuable players and I can assure you United would snap him up if they could, anybody (apart from Madrid) would.

What an idiotic statement.. Casillas is arguably the best goalkeeper ever, no wonder he is number 1. And Reina is second ahead of Victor Valdes who is Barca's keeper, so he's obviously not that bad!

agree with 2nd bit. but EDV is good. probaly 5th on the list in my opinion.

Anyway Given is a beast irl.
probaly 4th best in world. so i think he is under rated

EDV number 5? Now who's the one being biased. I personally think Reina is better, but that's my opinion. Although I do think Given is very underrated.

Let's face it, everyone is biased towards their own team - Makes footballing debates a lot more interesting.