• Yes, but not by much

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • No, he's correctly rated

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • No, he's worse

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
i think michael kuipers has a larger skill level than pepe reina lol

I dun think he is the top 3 but i can say he is the top 10, cuz u nid to consider buffon, casillas and julio cesar which r seriously better den him.

I dun think he is the top 3 but i can say he is the top 10, cuz u nid to consider buffon, casillas and julio cesar which r seriously better den him.

please dont use txt talk. that sentence was so hard to read with all the vowels in the wrong places.

''cuz u nid'' made my dictionary cry :'(

Casillas
Buffon
Akinfeev
Reina
Lloris
Given
Cech (since the Hunt incident)

just a poll to see who agrees that Shay should be much, much better on this game. To me he's in the top 3 in the world.

Top three in the world?!!!!?!?!

But seriously?!

Great shot stopper, it must be said. But is it a complete coincidence he has been part of so many bad defences? Part of the keepers job, probably the second most important part, is to organise the defence.

Good, if not very good, keeper. Not world class.

As for the 'top three' thing...

Well, Cassilas, Buffon, Julio Cesear, Reina, Frey, Cech and probably many more are better

Can't believe no ones mentioned Rene Adler? German first choice now isn't he? And hes only 24.

I don't agree with Casillas being the best ever, I'd definitely put Oliver Kahn in ahead of him anyday at his peak

For those who are saying Van Der Sar, personally, I saw him at his best at Fulham but prefer Schwarzer as a keeper, Schwarzer one of the best keepers ever to be at the club, however, he probably has a better defence than Van Der Sar had during his time at Fulham.

Top three in the world?!!!!?!?!

But seriously?!

Great shot stopper, it must be said. But is it a complete coincidence he has been part of so many bad defences? Part of the keepers job, probably the second most important part, is to organise the defence.

Good, if not very good, keeper. Not world class.

As for the 'top three' thing...

Well, Cassilas, Buffon, Julio Cesear, Reina, Frey, Cech and probably many more are better

the bad defenses he's been part of include players like Titus Bramble, Andy O'Brien, Olivier Bernard, Jean-Alain Boumsong etc. You can't blame him for their collective crapness.

My favourite goalkeeping moment is went Reina pushed the ball back out for Andy Johnson to score <)

Second to none for me, Casillas is the only one who can cope with him. Best Shot Stopper but sometimes loses his head

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

I'm more along the lines of:

1. Casillas
2. Given
3. Reina
4. Van Der Sar

(Cech isn't here anymore, he is **** now IMO)

So yes I think Given is an amazing keeper and should be at least slightly better in-game.

Julio Cesar?

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

I don't put him first. It's just like every United fan putting Van der Sar 1st or 2nd (Behind Casillas) I mean yeah he was good like 5 years ago but now he's just average, he can't handle it when he plays with a rubbish defense. Reina is a good keeper and has been in the top 3 keepers for the last few years, you can't say he's not good just because we are underperforming, he's one of our most valuable players and I can assure you United would snap him up if they could, anybody (apart from Madrid) would.
Madrid would so no one else could have him.

Can't believe no ones mentioned Rene Adler? German first choice now isn't he? And hes only 24.

I don't agree with Casillas being the best ever, I'd definitely put Oliver Kahn in ahead of him anyday at his peak

Isn't Rene Adler dead?

Top 5 Keepers.
1.Jose Reina.
2.Iker Casillas.
3.Petr Cech.
4.Edwin Van Der Sar.
5.Shay Given.

That is my opinion.

WHAT?? no Buffon? is that some sort of joke? Buffon is easily the best in the world, as a goalkeeper myself I have to say that Reina is great but shouldn't be in the top 5 in the world. Maybe in the Premier League, but not the world

Shay Given is still very good, but is not among the elite anymore. His age doesnt help him & also his lack of achievements.
Hugo Lloris in my opinion is currently the hottest property.

Last edited:
For me its....

1. Casillas
2. Cesar
3. Buffon
4. VDS
5. Gomes ;)