I really had to post to give you some credits, wordclass tactic mate!
Just played with Feyenoord against Rangers and won simple 2-0, but 93% good passes, 91% posession after the first half (and 82% at the end) with about 650 passes this game and only one shot (off target) from the Rangers.

Never played that dominant in FM!

thats brilliant mate, well done!

just don't use it away from home as it does not work that well away.. sometimes it has and does, but on average it does not!

keep the updates coming...

Hi Raikan,

I'm using some components of your tactic, and possession wise it's going good, but defensively it's lacking. When the opponent has the ball they almost run through my midfield and defence (maybe because I use soft tackling?), other games I'm having 75% possession and they can't get 2 shots.. Any advice?
Edit: I can't prevent the opponent from passing good (89% etc).

Gr

Last edited:
Hi Raikan,

I'm using some components of your tactic, and possession wise it's going good, but defensively it's lacking. When the opponent has the ball they almost run through my midfield and defence (maybe because I use soft tackling?), other games I'm having 75% possession and they can't get 2 shots.. Any advice?
Edit: I can't prevent the opponent from passing good (89% etc).

Gr

hey bud, set to normal and some to hard! are you using man/zonal marking? pressing/standoff?

you need to get each department working well together when closing down:

strikers need to close down defenders, set full pictch!

wingers need to close the players down between the mid-strikers area as well as dropping back to assist fulbacks and mids (most of the pitch)

mids - need to cover the gap between defenders and the gap behind strikers - all the pitch

etc etc :)

there are so many little things to change and edit depending on player stats, opp etc.. there is not a 100% answer or setting

I'm using zonal marking and pressing. Do you prefer one pressing for the whole team or increasing pressing from defence to attack? And for the wingers, I'm using the new system with roles; so would you set wingers as wingers or advanced playmakers to have more distribution points?

I'm using zonal marking and pressing. Do you prefer one pressing for the whole team or increasing pressing from defence to attack? And for the wingers, I'm using the new system with roles; so would you set wingers as wingers or advanced playmakers to have more distribution points?

in possession tactics the ROLES barely mean a thing as you have to edit each setting manually to get the possession game (passing game more than possession) correct..

are you going for as many passes as possible and creating 1 chance or you wanting like 60-75% possession but scoring a few goals in the process?

in possession tactics the ROLES barely mean a thing as you have to edit each setting manually to get the possession game (passing game more than possession) correct..

are you going for as many passes as possible and creating 1 chance or you wanting like 60-75% possession but scoring a few goals in the process?
So you think letting the wingers roam for space is a good thing? I'm going for a lot of passes and possession. I'm tweaking my tactic and now I get +- 600 passes a game when I play good (+- 89 pass ratio) and I get 2 or 3 ccc's a game.

So you think letting the wingers roam for space is a good thing? I'm going for a lot of passes and possession. I'm tweaking my tactic and now I get +- 600 passes a game when I play good (+- 89 pass ratio) and I get 2 or 3 ccc's a game.

yes it is mate :) sounds like the tactic is good enough as is though...

but how many do you score its all well and good passing over 600 in a game but if you dont score whats the point im not having a go just saying you can have all the % in the world but if you cant score then there is no point

but how many do you score its all well and good passing over 600 in a game but if you dont score whats the point im not having a go just saying you can have all the % in the world but if you cant score then there is no point

I would assume at least 2 goals a game? thats a well balanced pass heavy/possession/chances tactic by the sounds of things.. I may be wrong though!

I would assume at least 2 goals a game? thats a well balanced pass heavy/possession/chances tactic by the sounds of things.. I may be wrong though!
Yes indeed, scoring isn't the problem, I'm just trying to improve the tactic.

Last thing, what's the mentality for your central defenders? It says when they have an attacking mentality they'll pass the ball rather than playing the long ball, is that true?

Last thing, what's the mentality for your central defenders? It says when they have an attacking mentality they'll pass the ball rather than playing the long ball, is that true?

that I am not 110% sure about.. mentality means how much further they are willing to leave their area.. goes hand in hand with the philosophy...

I would leave as defensive/normal though :) maybe halfway.. will try it out soon and see what the differences are..

Hello mate, just started using this and I love it. I'm PSG and my centre midfielders are Motta, Bodmer and Sissoko which isn't the best but it still works.

I've got Busquets coming in in January and I'm gonna get another CM in at the end of the season. Any recomendations? I'll have a nice budget to use.

Cheers :)

Hello mate, just started using this and I love it. I'm PSG and my centre midfielders are Motta, Bodmer and Sissoko which isn't the best but it still works.

I've got Busquets coming in in January and I'm gonna get another CM in at the end of the season. Any recomendations? I'll have a nice budget to use.

Cheers :)

Yann M'Vila would be perfect as well :)

Naingollan/Moutinho/Anderson/Radasovic/Fernandinho

What would you suggest to play more like Barcelona and make it available for Away too? Stabling every match %65~ with deserving amounts of chances and not giving away too much defending risks is the thing i can't manage to get, I don't want %80 possession... I prefer to play Classic tactics more Plug&Play way so if you can make suggestions in that way it would be great.

From the first moment FM12 released, i've been trying to play a short pass possession game as Man Utd and NONE of the tens of tactics I've tried (incl my own failures) gave me that. I only enjoy if i can play like this otherwise the game is pretty much unplayable for me. Because of this, after months of not playing, i've been so hungry of FM, i've been playing it for the last 3 or 4 days continuously yet i still haven't found a tactic i can rely on. Your tactic was one of the last ones i found and i don't think there's any other tactics left i can try. In other words you may be last hope.

This is my 11: GK: De Gea - DR: Rafael, DCR: Jones, DCL: Vidic, DL: Evra - MCL: Fletcher, MCR: Kroos, AMR: Rossi, AMC: Canales: AML: Götze - STC: Rooney

I beat Roma in Super Cup by 5-1, but i drew Swansea Away 0-0, and drew at Home by 1-1 with my last second goal against 10 men Arsenal. In the Arsenal match, i had the possession but they had the CCC's which were shame moments to watch.

View attachment 275384 View attachment 275383

Usually we fail passing on defence area, % is around 70 iirc:

View attachment 275387
I thought DCR is a bit more like Pique while DCL is more like Puyol but i see you're using these guys other way around(?). And how can i focus passing on midfield at closer to opponent's half rather than defence?
View attachment 275401 View attachment 275402 View attachment 275403

A match with domination yet so poor chance creating:

View attachment 275392

A home win yet low possession & chances and untrustworthy defending:

View attachment 275393

Thanks.

hey bud, give these tactics time, at least 15-20 games to gel and settle..

I would drop the AMC to CM for United and have Kroos/Gotze as the central CM (which was the AMC)

opposition instructions are also a necessity and must be taken into consideration..

get the right players with the right PPM's to give you more passes/chances etc as well!

PPM's are very important to a good possession tactic..

Is this tactic only in classic or have you made a TC version of it also?

Is this tactic only in classic or have you made a TC version of it also?

it was TC during the designing process, then converted it to classic.. sorry mate :) I do have a Spanish National team type possession tactic using TC if you like?

Which tactic???

Hello Raikan

I have tried your Short and Sweet tactic, and it is fantastic. I love your work as I am one lacy ******* who don't make my own tactic. But I like good football anyway and your tactics are the best.

I don't know which one you are using now, but you always say we shouldn't use them in away games. We should use your M&M tactic.

I have seen different tactics from you, and I am a little confused :)
- Short and Sweet
- Brand new AMC version
- Brand new Barca eaque possession
- Raikan007 New Possession tactic: Barca style
- One touch/possession and CCC tactic
- Pure perfection CCC

Are they all different??
or are they more or less the same??
Which of these above is best for home games?? (no matter if it is big or small team)

And if I should choose a tactic for away games, which one do you suggest (can't be M&M, as I prefer a tactic with one striker)

Should your best tactic not be one of the above, could you please send me a link

Thank you Raikan

Hello Raikan

I have tried your Short and Sweet tactic, and it is fantastic. I love your work as I am one lacy ******* who don't make my own tactic. But I like good football anyway and your tactics are the best.

I don't know which one you are using now, but you always say we shouldn't use them in away games. We should use your M&M tactic.

I have seen different tactics from you, and I am a little confused :)
- Short and Sweet
- Brand new AMC version
- Brand new Barca eaque possession
- Raikan007 New Possession tactic: Barca style
- One touch/possession and CCC tactic
- Pure perfection CCC

Are they all different??
or are they more or less the same??
Which of these above is best for home games?? (no matter if it is big or small team)

And if I should choose a tactic for away games, which one do you suggest (can't be M&M, as I prefer a tactic with one striker)

Should your best tactic not be one of the above, could you please send me a link

Thank you Raikan

hey bud, thank you :)

they are all very different, except the possession ones :) they are different but based on possession...

The best tactic I feel for home and away is:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...mplete-madness-tactic-433-dm.html#post1523750