Short tactical guide for those who wish to create their own tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

goal326499

Banned
Reaction score
Football tactics guide

It's quite simple.

formation with AMC, DM and MC = highly structured fluidity = Counter = SKs, LIBs, CDd, FBs, DMs, WBs, CMa/d, WMa/d, AMCa, WINa, DLFs = much wider
formation missing AMC = structured fluidity = Defensive = SKa, LIBa, BPDs, FBa, REGs, WBa, BTBs, WPs, TREa, RAUa, DFd = wider
formation missing MC = flexible fluidity = Standard = SKd, LIBs, CDd, FBs, DMs, WBs, CMa, WMa, AMCa, WINa, DLFs
formation missing DM = fluid fluidity = Attacking = GKd, SWd, DCBd, DFBd, DMd, WBd, CMs, WMs, AMCs, WINs, DLFa = narrower
formation without 2 areas = very fluid fluidity = Control = GKd, SWd, DCBd, FBs, DMs, WBs, CMa, WMa, AMCa, WINa, DLFa = much narrower

P.S You can pick different roles if you keep the same duty. All must be non roaming, except for defensive, where they must roam. If you tick on more roaming TI, even sidebacks need to roam and so be inverted wingbacks. Also, if you're not using a sweeper keeper or a sweeper/libero, use a stopper-cover or stopper-cover-defend combo.

Last edited:
I would advise not to label this a 'guide', as I would say this is how you set up, and a lot of what you say is opinion and not fact.

To defend effectively, you do not have to go route one.

Mentality should not be determined by fluidity, and fluidity is not determined solely by formation. If what you're saying is true, then an attacking flat 4-4-2 will not work, and that a defensive 41212 diamond narrow, wont work.

This is all just in the first couple paragraphs of your thread. I wont be reading the rest, until it's labelled differently to a 'guide'.

The Extra width means you have more space to close down, so you should close down slightly more.

Yeah. And any opposite player have more space to attract your defender out of his position. Especially if this opposite player have some technical abilities and reasonable quickness.

op updated again

short and sweet, just the way, uh-huh, uh-huh i like it...

"How to pick team instructions

There are none needed."

this should tell everything about this game

This is so wrong, it's insulting.

I must stop licking frogs, pronto. OP updated
It's still unbelievably blinkered and wrong, no matter how much you edit it.

Mentality has nothing to do with formation. They are separate entities.

Shape has nothing to do with formation. It's again just simply wrong.

Even the roles and duties are highly limiting and you can definitely use the other roles and duties to great effect.

In fact, the only thing you're close on is that there aren't necessarily any TIs needed.

I guess there are good and there are bad managers. Bad managers do things seperately, good ones combine everything into one cohesive unit.

It is correct now.

Last edited:
You squish the pitch more agressively you play, because you push up and press...therefore, if you have gaps, a higher mentality will suit it to cover them. If you are using a dm, and play more agressively, he will be left without space, so its natural to drop your mentality.

EXAMPLE:

If you wish to be defensive, that means you have the best defenders out there, so you play them as BPD's as that is the best defenders role. It means asking them to do a lot more then normal, so the rest of the team should also be better. You dont defend effectively unless you all of your team is back at your half, so it is obvious you want to play very fluid.

It is correct now.
No, of course it's not correct now. It's correct for ONE way to play. It's not that limited overall.

Strikers Partnership

I don't know if this the right section. But do you think 2 Defensive Forward is good partnership?

DFd is used when you're having trouble beating the offside trap, amongst other things. Since he is a team player, you can pair him with anyone, even another DFd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.