Short tactical guide for those who wish to create their own tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all very well pointing out that there's different conditions and teams. That skilled isolated forwards can do wonders even without much support, that defenders can struggle to mark players by simply being not good defenders. Why isn't that applied in that guide though. That guide doesn't even acknowledge different teams. WOuld you expect a less technical team to be able to retain possession as much as a more gifted one? Why does none of this guide take into account the defenders you have likewise, and simply says if you go very fluid, you should encourage a d-line to push much higher up?

You may be having a laugh at some others work and dismiss them, but those who will follow yours will sadly have a rage quit. Again, not meant to be personal, but a severe warning. What the game has been rewarding for years is in parts completely opposed to what's published here, let alone that there is a severe misinterpretation of what certain options do (which I sympathize with).

When you play at vanarama with retain possession, you will get 60% possession, because your opponent is also at vanarama. But you may not get 30% against an EPL side. Your point? There isno difference to defensive football at any level, and it will work at any level, provided you have roaming roles. But your defensive vanarama side will lose from any kind of EPL side, while it may win the vanarama league with it.

Last edited:
I've reported this. It's one thing to play that way yourself. It's another to put this up as a "guide" and funnel others into guaranteed rage quits. Apart of all the aforementioned issues, this is just the kind of tactic that you will end up with. No consistencly guaranteed. Read the descriptions for the roles and duties used, this is a midfield all on attack just like this guides encourages that just all runs forward. No Ai opponent you ever face is that stupid.

formation without 2 areas = very fluid fluidity = Control = GKd, SWd, DCBd, FBs, DMs, WBs, CMa, WMa, AMCa, WINa, AFa

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-17-tactics/365695-testers-not-needed.html

If that's how you think any team plays football, there is no hope. If you're lucky you're on a version where counter attacks are somewhat toned. If not you're going to leak against the worst of opposition. And that's just the defensive side of things. Obviously pushing everybody boxside means you can't ever have real build-ups, and have matches with loads of shots in zero space with everybody sitting on each others toes. That inconsistency you experience has nothing to do with being online or offline, and all to do with tactics that have holes everywhere, in this case, literally. You're better off just going on holiday and let the assistant take over everything than going with this "guide". It's a shortcut to heart attacks.

HGw5cPU.jpg

Last edited:
that tactic has nothing to do with the guide. You should try Building a tactic exactly as my guide suggests. Like I posted earlier, the tactics I post in the share section work under specific conditions, just like the rest of them there, and have nothing to do with the guide.

Last edited:
Exactly the same. All midfielders on attack bombing forward (the text description in-game states such). Just as the guide encourages (and much more). Use this, and be ready to rage quit. Why open threads then claiming how the above were such a fantastic tactic (no testers needed), and then saying it would be all **** anyway?

You're making this stuff up as you go along. I don't know if it's just an attempt to get a rise out of someone or not. Or if you actually think that's how the game works (or how football teams kick it about). If you're really just confused, just watch how your team attacks that way from an overhead view. As a general guide this is guaranteed inconsistency across the board, with crazy results everywhere. The same you experience, and attest it to being either online or offline.

Last edited:
OP be like "hurr durr use only FB/WB/WM/Wingers/Strikers (two of each) it will work trust me i'm an engineer".

Not sure why you're pulling me into this, but I've shown more than once that your guide, the way you think and set up according to the guide A) makes no footballing sense and B) doesn't work very well. I've shown how your understanding of shape is outdated. I've analysed tactics you posted, made according to this laughable guide, and properly explained where it fails. (Edit: See http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...n-gamble-plug-n-play-tactics.html#post3089593 for instance)

Igneos, leave me alone. Your guide makes no footballing sense. Your guide is a joke. It doesn't follow logic or footballing sense. You may find a lucky combination that works, but it won't work forever because the MEs change. Using footballing sense, you can make the same sort of tactics in any version of FM and it'll always "work".

Laughing at someone like Cleon, who understands FM and football far better than any of us, shows that you're an idiot.

For this reason, I'm removing you from the site Igneos. Constantly spouting nonsense that actively hinders people playing as fact for years, and I've had enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.