• Maybe one day..

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stann

please stay StevieP! <3
Reaction score
We all know and have heard the debate but I think it is a perfectly justifiable question and would like to know people's views on it.

Most of you will know the pro's and con's etc and the arguments for or against the substance, but for those of you who don't here are a couple of links to interesting articles for both sides of the argument.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/He...kley-Foundation/Article/200810115111596?f=rss

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2009/feb/16/cannabis-mental-health

Vote in the poll and express your views I'm intrigued to know :)

no its drugs they should all be illegal in my book

That's a bit shallow-minded though Calum, if that were the case how would you differentiate from medical and recreational use. There's a thin line believe it or not.

As some people have a beer after work to relax, i sometimes have a lil smoke, Like everything in moderation it's fine, but as always theres the abusers, and it would probably change the hole modern business drive of the country to a more chilled out riverboat sanctuary. Not my world tbh,,,,

So there goes alcohol, nicotine, caffeine. So all alcoholic drinks, all types of cigarettes and cigars, everything with caffeine in it (such as coffee, tea and coca-cola).

You can't ban ALL drugs, that'd be stupid. I'm personally in favour of legalising cannabis. It's less damaging than smoking or drinking, and hey, it's damned fun.

The government would be in a no win situation if they legalised drugs for several reasons.
1. Drug use would actually go up
2 If they tax it drug pushers would still exist
3 if they limited amount you could buy drug dealers would still have a market
4 unfortunately there are some people that overdo everything and this with reason 1 would put extra strain on the NHS (occasional - moderate use there is little risk, long term - heavy use there is severe mental and health complications)

I'm not against drug use, but I say No the government shouldn't legalise drugs, their better off leaving it as it is.

No, my country (New Zealand) smokes the most "dope", more than Jamaica, and you dont have to look far to see how bad this country is because of it, high crime, dropkicks walking the streets etc

No, my country (New Zealand) smokes the most "dope", more than Jamaica, and you dont have to look far to see how bad this country is because of it, high crime, dropkicks walking the streets etc
I disagree, alcohol causes far far more crime, violence etc than weed. How many people do you know go and get stoned and pick a fight. Happens every friday night in Kingston!

Nope. Legalising it would encourage use of it, and other drugs, creating more problems and increasing profits of Drug Barons.You do know Pure cannabis has has dangers.

Nope. Legalising it would encourage use of it, and other drugs, creating more problems and increasing profits of Drug Barons.You do know Pure cannabis has has dangers.
Fair enough but do you think it's coincidence that Holland is one of the more economically stable countries in Europe, and by far my favourite to visit!

Fair enough but do you think it's coincidence that Holland is one of the more economically stable countries in Europe, and by far my favourite to visit!

because you take drugs so it would be?

end of the day, cannabis is ilegal for a reason, if its changed then it will just encourage people to smoke it because they can hense the reason why so many youngsters smoke as it is.

No.

It can damage your brain from doing simple functions if you take before 24.

CLOSE THIS ******* THREAD !!!

ITS A FOOTBALL FORUM not a DRUG FORUM

General Chat.

nope, never, drugs are drugs no matter how bad they are.

Rubbish. You're saying ganja should be treated as just as dangerous as, say, crack? Utter rubbish.

because you take drugs so it would be?

end of the day, cannabis is ilegal for a reason, if its changed then it will just encourage people to smoke it because they can hense the reason why so many youngsters smoke as it is.

Cannabis is illegal because people think it is way more dangerous than it is. It is nearly completely harmless. Alcohol and nicotine are both way more damaging to the body than cannabis, yet they're legal. Youngsters smoking has nothing to do with it, and frankly if youngsters have to smoke I'd rather it was weed than cigarettes.

It can damage your brain from doing simple functions if you take before 24.

Unlikely, and besides, if you're going to ban cannabis on grounds of it being harmful, you'd have to ban alcohol and cigarettes as well, at very least.

Last edited:
General Chat.

Rubbish. You're saying ganja should be treated as just as dangerous as, say, crack? Utter rubbish.

Cannabis is illegal because people think it is way more dangerous than it is. It is nearly completely harmless. Alcohol and nicotine are both way more damaging to the body than cannabis, yet they're legal. Youngsters smoking has nothing to do with it, and frankly if youngsters have to smoke I'd rather it was weed than cigarettes.

different drugs might have different effects on people but making them legal isn't the answer. drugs are drugs no matter what. cannabis may not be dangerous in the long term but the short term its worse than ****. having a *** doesnt make you completely distant from the world. it will never legalized anyway so no point in debating it.

CLOSE THIS ******* THREAD !!!

ITS A FOOTBALL FORUM not a DRUG FORUM
Take a hike mate, perfectly debatable subject which will bring up some good and bad points, but if you really want to go down that road, I'll link you to hundreds of different threads on here with no football relevance.

different drugs might have different effects on people but making them legal isn't the answer. drugs are drugs no matter what. cannabis may not be dangerous in the long term but

Right, so. Let's ban aspirin! It's a drug. Let's also ban ALL medical drugs. Do you see my point? Stupid argument right there.

the short term its worse than ****. having a *** doesnt make you completely distant from the world. it will never legalized anyway so no point in debating it.
...that's just wrong. oO)

Taking cannabis doesn't make you "distant from the world", really, you're just high. It's a great feeling and you're never going to harm anyone. A little while later, you get back to normal with no ill effects. I fail to see how this is worse than possibly getting a range of cancers, bad skin, bad teeth, bad breath, and smelling strongly of smoke.

Also, just because it isn't going to be legalised doesn't mean it isn't worth debating. Whether there is a God is impossible to prove, but its been debated for thousands of years. Moreover, if you don't want to debate it don't post in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back