• No.

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • Maybe one day..

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty close-minded statement there.

The scope of the term 'criminal' is enormous, and sometimes unjustifiable.

A criminal is somebody who commits a crime, while cannabis remains illegal, smoking it is a crime. It's black and white, there are no shades of grey.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Marijuana smokers, I have friends who do just that.

As long as it doesn't lead to any other recreational drugs being legalised. Cannabis is fine I guess but it must stop there.

For medicinal purposes, cannabis is known to help with illnesses such as Alzheimers, but can cuase health problems for recreational users. I think it should be illegal, but allowed to be given to those who need it for medicinal use.

i started smoking when i was 12 :S drinking to. started weed at 13. got the best GCSE results in my year, i have a good social life, i have a good time.

who are you? i dont have to explain myself to you or anyone on this forum.

drugs users/dealers are scum, mainly dealers. my mate died after buying a "henry" of cannabis. well thats what his dealer told him it was. people who deal harmful substances to other people knowing full well that it is going to harm people are scum.

Yes, yes you do. If you want people to take your argument seriously, you need to be able to justify it, I'm afraid.

The second part of your argument is basically one FOR the legalisation of cannabis. If it was legalised, there would be no need to buy cannabis off dealers, rather you can buy it in licensed stores which, unlike dealers, wouldn't trade in harder drugs as well.

And I'll have you know I have many friends who take cannabis. Just because they like their ganja doesn't make them scum.

A criminal is somebody who commits a crime, while cannabis remains illegal, smoking it is a crime. It's black and white, there are no shades of grey.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Marijuana smokers, I have friends who do just that.

My point was that saying you hate criminals isn't justifiable, unless you have a reason for it. As you said, 'criminal' points to anyone with a mark on their record. There are plenty of cases where a person hasn't really done anything that affects society in a negative way, yet according to your logic, they are still hated.

A person who partakes in a bit of weed smoking every now and again could be labelled a criminal if convicted, but they don't deserve to be hated - regardless of whether it's a crime.

Yes, yes you do. If you want people to take your argument seriously, you need to be able to justify it, I'm afraid.

The second part of your argument is basically one FOR the legalisation of cannabis. If it was legalised, there would be no need to buy cannabis off dealers, rather you can buy it in licensed stores which, unlike dealers, wouldn't trade in harder drugs as well.

And I'll have you know I have many friends who take cannabis. Just because they like their ganja doesn't make them scum.

i really dont though, i have my own reasons and in my opinion, drugs dealers/users are scum, dont like that then well thats bad luck because the way i think

Fair enough but do you think it's coincidence that Holland is one of the more economically stable countries in Europe, and by far my favourite to visit!

The dutch would be the same friendly & level headed people wether there was a liberal drug culture there or not. They were cool in WW2 as well, helping thousands of downed allied airmen escape the nasties. I think you'll find that, in general, they're just very sensible when they indulge their vices. Wish we could say the same.

i really dont though, i have my own reasons and in my opinion, drugs dealers/users are scum, dont like that then well thats bad luck because the way i think

Fine. If you don't want to defend your argument I'm going to have to disregard it completely. Not to mention you completely ignored my valid argument in the last post to argue about something secondary and petty.

Fine. If you don't want to defend your argument I'm going to have to disregard it completely. Not to mention you completely ignored my valid argument in the last post to argue about something secondary and petty.

Ryan is one of the more moronic members on this forum, it's no surprise he's unable to justify his point and instead chooses to label people without reason.

I feel bad for this kid he's having. He'll drink a beer at 14 and get called a scumbag.

Ryan is one of the more moronic members on this forum, it's no surprise he's unable to justify his point and instead chooses to label people without reason.

I feel bad for this kid he's having. He'll drink a beer at 14 and get called a scumbag.

Indeed. God help him if ever he gets a headache and takes an aspirin.

What's your justification?

and again, my reasons to me are valid. i have seen it destroy peoples lifes. destroy families and thats just the people i know, a mate of mine has died from it. if cannabis really wasn't that bad, it wouldnt be ilegal wouldn't it?

people are going to have different opinions on this subject. some will agree and some will disagree, to start an arguement with someone because they dont agree with making it legal, is there any reason?

My point was that saying you hate criminals isn't justifiable, unless you have a reason for it.

I didn't say I hated criminals:

Redrup said:
Well, I assume it's because they are engaging in criminal activity. It's easy to hate a criminal, and you could argue it's deserved.

how ******* dare you. take the **** out of me (a hard working citizen who doesn't break the law) but dont ever bad mouth my child. who the **** do you think you are?

and again, my reasons to me are valid. i have seen it destroy peoples lifes. destroy families and thats just the people i know, a mate of mine has died from it. if cannabis really wasn't that bad, it wouldnt be ilegal wouldn't it?

I reiterate: It's absolutely no worse than alcohol or cigarettes.

people are going to have different opinions on this subject. some will agree and some will disagree, to start an arguement with someone because they dont agree with making it legal, is there any reason?
This is a thread specifically for debating the topic. As I said earlier, if you don't want to debate it, don't post in it!

how ******* dare you. take the **** out of me (a hard working citizen who doesn't break the law) but dont ever bad mouth my child. who the **** do you think you are?

Didn't see anyone badmouthing your child. You, on the other hand...

I still don't understand your logic. I have had two friends die in car accidents - One of them driving the car and the other one being hit by a car; it doesn't mean I'm going to hate drivers and cars for the rest of my life.

It's easy to blame the means, but the fact is, people should be more careful. That goes for your friend, and for mine. Sure it sucks, but if you go around hating everything that looks at you the wrong way for the rest of your life; then you're going to be very bitter.

I reiterate: It's absolutely no worse than alcohol or cigarettes.

This is a thread specifically for debating the topic. As I said earlier, if you don't want to debate it, don't post in it!

Didn't see anyone badmouthing your child. You, on the other hand...

if thats the case, it wouldnt be ilegal in the first place would it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back