Votes: 15 37.5%
  • No.

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • Maybe one day..

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
end of the day, cannabis is ilegal for a reason, if its changed then it will just encourage people to smoke it because they can hense the reason why so many youngsters smoke as it is.

That last sentence makes no sense whatsoever. Correct me if I'm wrong but what you're trying to say is..

If it was legal it would encourage youngsters to smoke it. But, even though it's illegal at the moment they still smoke it.

XD

Anyway, can't remember who it was before (maybe Chaz) who linked some interesting statistics about the % of cannabis users in the Netherlands and it was lower than various places where it was illegal.

Legal or illegal, won't stop me smoking a joint when needed. Beats being drunk and all that nonsense.

different drugs might have different effects on people but making them legal isn't the answer. drugs are drugs no matter what. cannabis may not be dangerous in the long term but the short term its worse than ****. having a *** doesnt make you completely distant from the world. it will never legalized anyway so no point in debating it.
That again is another incredibly close-minded statement, just because it may never happen doesn't mean its not up for debate. It could well happen, depending on the elected party and the PM.
The Lib Dem's already made it one of their policies should they get in power, so you're wrong saying it will never happen.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...s-and-prescribe-heroin-to-addicts-653503.html

Right, so. Let's ban aspirin! It's a drug. Let's also ban ALL medical drugs. Do you see my point? Stupid argument right there.

...that's just wrong. oO)

Taking cannabis doesn't make you "distant from the world", really, you're just high. It's a great feeling and you're never going to harm anyone. A little while later, you get back to normal with no ill effects. I fail to see how this is worse than possibly getting a range of cancers, bad skin, bad teeth, bad breath, and smelling strongly of smoke.

Also, just because it isn't going to be legalised doesn't mean it isn't worth debating. Whether there is a God is impossible to prove, but its been debated for thousands of years. Moreover, if you don't want to debate it don't post in the thread.
Completely agree with everything GodCubed has said. And on the Amsterdam topic, I went with a bunch of friends who don't take drugs at all, I admit I have the odd smoke, but people who would never touch the stuff here, went over there joined in and had a great time! To go to Amsterdam and not do so would be like disrespecting their tradition in a way!

I'm under the impression that cannabis is considered less harmful than drinking and smoking because due to the illegality behind it, is is smoked less often than somebody boozes or lights a cigarette. However, if you take away the laws banning marijuana, it's my prediction that a shitload of people are going to over-indulge in the - now legal - substance, ending very badly.

PS. I don't want that hideous smell around me when I'm completely my day to day activities.

Last edited:
The Netherlands has some of the lowest usage rates of Cannabis in europe, because the novelty has worn off. If it was legalised anywhere else, "drug use would go up" - for a little while whilst perhaps a few more teenagers tried it but it would be a one-generation thing, not every generation will see it legalised, they'd grow up knowing all about it. The novelty would wear off just as it has done in Netherlands.

As for everything else, Alcohol is legal and more Dangerous and definitely gets you more incapacitated, so people who come out with all this 'think of the children, bad for people' can do one.

Also, laws aren't mandatory, if it gets legalised it and you don't like it then great, don't touch it... plenty of people don't drink or smoke.

i dont understand the attraction of it at all. admittingly cannabis isn't as bad as some of the other drugs on the market but at the moment it is still ilegal and its ilegal for what ever reason. maybe its just me because ive never tried it before and i have a real hatred for drug users and when i say drug users, i dont mean people who smoke or drink, i mean people who smoke cannabis, sniff coke etc.

I'm under the impression that cannabis is considered less harmful than drinking and smoking because due to the illegality behind it, is is smoked less often than somebody boozes or lights a cigarette. However, if you take away the laws banning marijuana, it's my prediction that a shitload of people are going to over-indulge in the - now legal - substance, ending very badly.

PS. I don't want that hideous smell around me when I'm completely my day to day activities.
Disagree with this, I no people who smoke every day of there life, and while it has affected them somewhat, I know nobody who could willingly drink alcohol considerably every day and be as normal as the stoners. All it seems to have done to the people I know is calm them down, make them more laid-back and less uptight about matters that before would have sent them through the roof.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

i dont understand the attraction of it at all. admittingly cannabis isn't as bad as some of the other drugs on the market but at the moment it is still ilegal and its ilegal for what ever reason. maybe its just me because ive never tried it before and i have a real hatred for drug users and when i say drug users, i dont mean people who smoke or drink, i mean people who smoke cannabis, sniff coke etc.
If I were a shrink I would say that this hatred comes from some sort of past-time experience, and because of that I will not make a derogatory comment, but to hate people for having a puff, doing a line, or dropping a couple of pills is really pretty petty if you ask me.

maybe its just me because ive never tried it before and i have a real hatred for drug users and when i say drug users, i dont mean people who smoke or drink, i mean people who smoke cannabis, sniff coke etc.

some intense hypocrisy there...

Why then? Why do you hate them? You have no reason. You can't judge people if you've never tried it.

Why then? Why do you hate them? You have no reason. You can't judge people if you've never tried it.

Well, I assume it's because they are engaging in criminal activity. It's easy to hate a criminal, and you could argue it's deserved.

Disagree with this, I no people who smoke every day of there life, and while it has affected them somewhat, I know nobody who could willingly drink alcohol considerably every day and be as normal as the stoners. All it seems to have done to the people I know is calm them down, make them more laid-back and less uptight about matters that before would have sent them through the roof.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

If I were a shrink I would say that this hatred comes from some sort of past-time experience, and because of that I will not make a derogatory comment, but to hate people for having a puff, doing a line, or dropping a couple of pills is really pretty petty if you ask me.

no not really, in my opionion (including my mate) people who take drugs, abuse there body are mugs. oh and my mate like i said in the previous thread about this died after taking drugs.

Well, I assume it's because they are engaging in criminal activity. It's easy to hate a criminal, and you could argue it's deserved.

Pretty close-minded statement there.

The scope of the term 'criminal' is enormous, and sometimes unjustifiable.

That's a good point, and I can see where he's coming from. On the other hand, there's no reason to hate somebody just because they break the law to do something that won't harm anyone apart from (potentially) themselves.

who are you? i dont have to explain myself to you or anyone on this forum.

drugs users/dealers are scum, mainly dealers. my mate died after buying a "henry" of cannabis. well thats what his dealer told him it was. people who deal harmful substances to other people knowing full well that it is going to harm people are scum.

no not really, in my opionion (including my mate) people who take drugs, abuse there body are mugs. oh and my mate like i said in the previous thread about this died after taking drugs.

Lots of things have the potential to kill people. I could walk out of my house, cross a road and be knocked down by not watching where I am going. Do we then go and ban automobiles? This happens on a daily basis, you know.

I could also electrocute myself if I wasn't careful... should we stop using electricity?

Everything has risks. If people are sensible, then they're going to be ok. If not, then who cares; they're clearly moronic anyway.

I would say not, i think it ruins lives, ruin families and harm society i think legalising it would encourage this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back